[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the Origin Version of the RX-78 have the shield flipped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled-70.jpg (318KB, 715x785px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-70.jpg
318KB, 715x785px
Why does the Origin Version of the RX-78 have the shield flipped?
>>
>>14397363
Because Yas was inspired by Turn A
>>
>Bend elbow and raise arm
>Visor slot is now at eye level without rotating the shield and has the full arm bracing it instead of just sort of hanging onto the wrist.
>>
File: oldVSnew.jpg (374KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
oldVSnew.jpg
374KB, 600x488px
>>14397376
This. It's laughably hard to pose the 78-2 looking through its shield port sometimes. Often it only works if it swivels on the mount in some fashion.

I swear though, Arch Enemy series had the best rendition of the shield, in that one of the handle mounts had a holster for the rifle built into it.
>>
>>14397376
>>14397398
You're not supposed to hold it on the side of the forearm to look through the slot. He literally hold the shield in front of him via the handle when he wants to look through it. It's supposed to be reminiscent of an old Roman soldier.
>>
File: Rx-78-2_shield.jpg (12KB, 400x144px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-78-2_shield.jpg
12KB, 400x144px
>>14397405
All the various ways it held it in battle, it almost certainly had a rotating handle in the middle. That doesn't work for the launching pose with it up against the body, though, so we get the bit about the handle being on a track to slide up and down the body.
>>
>>14397376
Seeing as the shield has a swiveling mount, this point is moot.

This just makes it so that in the normal positon, the cameras cannot see through the shield.
>>
>>14397363
Because it looks cooler
>>
File: eat puss.jpg (57KB, 660x638px) Image search: [Google]
eat puss.jpg
57KB, 660x638px
>>14398874
It doesn't
>>
>>14397363
The origin version has that really sweet shoulder cannon that I love
>>
>>14398950
It's the equivalent of wearing a baseball cap backwards.
>>
>>14399035
only cunts do that
>>
It's the corret way to hold a shield
>>
>>14397460
Jesus christ people this. I swear none of you have seen a gundam model kit before.
>>
>>14398950
>>>/a/
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.