[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do Zeeks really believe this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 11

Do Zeeks really believe this?
>>
>>14387484
Gryps was legit, Neo x2 Zeon was because the Federation was poor and shit from having colonies dropped on them so they couldn't build a replacement for Sweetwater. But even Gryps was caused by Zeon in the first place, not to mention a takeover by evil spacenoids.
>>
>>14387508
Gryps was referring to AEUG which is now Londo Bell, which makes zeeks look bad.
>>
>>14387484

What's not to believe? The Titans led to A.E.U.G. and helped fuel both Neo Zeons, and the Federation were so scared of a Spacenoid uprising in Char's Counterattack they wouldn't even act against him for fear of setting people off. They were also so broke that as soon as Char paid for Axis the guy who got the briefcase left to use it to help relieve social welfare payments or something. That isn't enough a Zeek thing, it's just general information in the media.
>>
For being harsh oppressors, so harsh and oppressive that they cause rebels to decimate their own population to throw colonies at the Earth we never really see the Federation doing anything beyond being bureaucratic
>>
What does Neo-Zeon people in Unicorn think of the Zabi family?
>>
>>14387523
Gryps = AEUG, Titans and Axis fighting. They're talking about the rise of the Titans in OP pic.
>>
>>14387544

I don't think they're ever mentioned.
>>
>>14387524
I think he meant "harsh oppression" when it was the Zeek's fault for starting the OYW.
>>
>>14387544
They're the light of hope for all spacenoids.
>>
>>14387571

Then he's an idiot, given that the frames he himself obviously capped specify that it's not talking about that conflict.
>>
What kind of oppression do spacenoids get anyway?
>>
>>14387484
Okay, the AEUG rose out of the EFSF that didn't like how the federation was treating their own.

But oppression of who led to the Neo-Zeon wars? What the fuck? The federation was going to give Haman everything she wanted. They were doing the same for Char, he just had to pay them a little. Zeeks are truly delusional. Even when the world kowtows to them they always make themselves out to be the victims. They need to be eradicated from the Earthsphere completely.
>>
>>14387608

> But oppression of who led to the Neo-Zeon wars? What the fuck?

Char's Neo Zeon gained wide public approval because of Titans oppression of Spacenoids. Haman didn't gain as much from it, but she probably got some support because of it too.
>>
>>14387576
People sure were fond of giving lots of long-ass speeches in this OVA, good god.
>>
File: rgm-79 JIM GM.png (2MB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
rgm-79 JIM GM.png
2MB, 1024x640px
>>14387596
General neglect, same deal as Earth Sphere as far as I've ever been able to tell. With Zeon you also got trade embargoes and the like. Shitty and potentially dangerous living conditions, etc etc. Typical Federation abuses.

Spacenoids however have been way worse about reacting to it than Earthnoids, as can be seen.

Why does Japan keep stroking Zeek dick? Every single fucking time they've been in the wrong and yet you get shit like Feddies acting like assholes in IGLOO or every fucking OVA there's ever been. When will I have my GMs righteously striking down these god damned deluded spacenoids?
>>
>>14387817
Live action Gundam Unicorn written and directed by Christopher Nolan when?
>>
>>14387835

Because Japan lost WWII and still doesn't know how to feel about it.
>>
>>14387835

> Every single fucking time they've been in the wrong and yet you get shit like Feddies acting like assholes in IGLOO or

Or 0079? Because they're just continuing what the original set as precedent.
>>
>>14387895
List of bad things Federation soldiers were shown doing in 0079.

>being drunk in an abandoned house
>Amuro going AWOL and shooting up a Zeon base on his own
>???
>>
>>14387895
It wasn't quite as pronounced, I felt. You got stuff like the feds in Amuro's house, but for that you also got dudes like Wakkein, Woody, Sleggar, or Revil.
>>
>>14387908

Your response and feeling about it doesn't really matter, no offense, because just about all the OVAs have some good Federation officers too. Practically every Federation personnel we see in Unicorn is a good person as well as soldier for instance, especially Daguza and Otto, but most everyone counts. Riddhe is the exception, and only after several episodes and once he buys in to his family's shit. 0080 has Christina, but the entire Federation garrison in Side 6 is good people and try their best to protect the colony. Igloo might be an exception, but I've not seen it to say.
>>
>>14387948
Give it a spin if you like Zeek wank. Igloo2 is about the Feds but everyone dies except for the one dude.
>>
>>14387980

I don't even believe Zeekwank is a thing, which is my point. Because any concept people point to as Zeekwank can be found in 0079. Yet people always act like 0079 was fundamentally different and these shows are some kind of corruption of what Tomino wrote.
>>
>>14387846
They need to get the fuck over it.
>>
>>14388007
>I don't even believe Zeekwank is a thing
Zeek, pls go.
>>
>>14388007
Okay now I can't believe you
>>
Why do spacenoids tend to reuse the "Earthnoids have their souls pulled down by gravity" phase to justify trying to make all of humanity move into space? Is it just newtype justification bullshit, or mere propaganda?
>>
>>14388012
There's never been a Gundam series with a victorious Zeon. The Federation wins in the end of every single installment in the franchise.
>>
>>14388026
>muh Char said it so it must mean something good
>>
File: 1297843779138.jpg (18KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1297843779138.jpg
18KB, 360x360px
>>14387948
There was basically nothing in 0079. In 08th we have admirals using their soldiers as nuclear bombs and wiping out entire carriers of refugees, with random gangrape in the novelization. In 0083 we have the Titans nonsense, Kou's sentence, and Bernard. 0080 was pretty much in the clear, but everyone other than the unnamed mechanics and Chris were Zeon anyways. Thunderbolt has Io be a humongous bloodthirsty asshole, Zeek vaporization, people betraying each other over minor feuds, and muh Psycho Zaku. Then there's Unicorn, which is constantly spouting Zeon apologism while having Jims job harder than ever before to make Zeek MS look cool.

IGLOO has the fleet using colonies as shields, Ball pilots sperging out and getting talked down by Zeek children, cruisers abandoning their pilots, footsoldiers generally having an assholish demeanor, officers using them as meat shields, and grunts committing insubordination for bloodthirsty revenge. A lot of it contradicts preestablished canon. It's about as Zeonwank as it gets.

Overall, it hasn't been totally recycled in every OVA and not to the same extent in all of them, but all of them barring 0080 had a worse depiction of the Federation and a better depiction of Zeon than 0079. A lot of the manga and other sidestories are also really bad about stroking Zeon's dick.

>>14388033
>he doesn't understand what it means to be a dindunuffin
>>
Gineas shot first
Kou stole the GP03 and disobeyed orders Zeeks use child soldiers
And let's not forget Zeeks trying to nuke the colony in 0800

Gotta have all the info for these things for shit to make sense.
>>
>>14388026

One way any ideology or cult builds identity is to invent terms and phrases and repeat them. It's part indoctrination and part brainwashing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXF8MIG_HQI

Spacenoid Justice 1-2-3 woo woo
We hate Earth's gravity woo woo
It's not the thing for me
And you
Woo woo

You feddie scums are through
Woo woo
I throw colonies at you
Woo woo
We fight in our Doms and our Zakus
Woo woo

We are newtype elites, jobbing your Jimmies
Gundam nerds can suck our turds
cause it's Zeon for me and you
Woo woo!
>>
>>14387564
Mineva is a Zabi
>>
>>14387576
Until their space princess told them to knock it off and stop with the fucking wars,really the only one who was still pinning for a Zabi was FF because he wanted anything he could use to legitimize his retarded plan.
>>
>>14388054
>the Feds look bad if we ignore all the bad Zeeks and good Feddies.
>>
File: sieg zeon.jpg (589KB, 1377x2439px) Image search: [Google]
sieg zeon.jpg
589KB, 1377x2439px
>>14387835
>Typical Federation abuses.
>>
>>14388054

> There was basically nothing in 0079.

Well that's just plain untrue. The Federation used the White Base and Gundam as a distraction to keep Zeon busy, including letting them take a lot of extra heat so they could gear up their forces without Zeon noticing. They were afraid of Amuro and newtypes in general, Federation personnel were drunk and disorderly in his hometown and abusing the people living there, Bright was only barely forgiven for taking command of the White Base despite the circumstances and everyone else was throw in the brig for doing so along with the Luna II commander trying to stop them fighting to save everyone instead of being worried about the fact Char was attacking at the time and so on. GMs also lost on screen consistently, so Unicorn having Zeon win against them or their progeny is completely normal.

> IGLOO has the fleet using colonies as shields

Pretty sure that's just Black_Knight's logic at work, and that it's never actually shown or implied, especially when the narrator of the Loum episode (which I did watch out of curiosity) is unreliable as fuck and is lied to about the nature of operation in the very episode he narrates.

> all of them barring 0080 had a worse depiction of the Federation and a better depiction of Zeon than 00799

Barring Igloo I don't think that's remotely true, and just about anything you can name as an example in an OVA has a countepart in 0079. It gets worse if you include Tomino's other works UC works.
>>
>>14388033
0083 ends with a victorious Zeon, they died sure but the operation went as planned and the Feds failed to stop the colony drop.
>>
>>14387638
>Char's Neo Zeon gained wide public approval
What? No it didn't. Char's Neo Zeon is very last dregs of what remains of Zeon making one last suicide stand. They're so weak that literally their entire armada and every soldier they have is so little that they structure their entire strategy around the knowledge that they will lose any actual battle. Londo Bell isn't even in the Federation's main force and that was considered too strong to actually fight head-on, rightly so since they thrashed everything Neo Zeon had.
>>
>>14388162
Nope, Feds won 0083. Remeber the Titans founders pretty much sat back and went Just As Planned.
>>
>>14388162
F91 handed the EFSF its only loss.
>>
>>14388166

Watch the movie again. One of the characters (I think it's Mirai's ex) explains the Federation is afraid to move against Char for fear that the public will rise up against them if they do, and despite the Federation's non-action, some civilians attack a Federation base at one point. There's also Char being hailed as a hero while riding on a train to meet the common folk. He might not have had a big military, but he did have a big following in the public arena. Londo Bell wasn't considered too strong for them, everything else was disbarred from attacking them for fear they'd upset Spacenoids.
>>
>>14387564
They're mentioned quite a bit, fucking retard
>>
>>14388185

Okay, barring Mineva, who was not part of the core Zabi family in 0079, but one of the kid's kids, what was said about them?
>>
>>14388171
>Nope, Feds won 0083

Not really both the Feds and Zeon fell flat on their faces .

Titans were the victors.
>>
>>14387524

I like how Spacenoids live in shitty conditions and blame the Earth for keeping them down while living in luxury, while Earth lives in shitty conditions and large parts of it are uninhabitable because radical spacenoids keep blowing up all of their goddamn infrastructure and making sure that no one can have nice things.
>>
>>14388346
The worst we see in the UC is Tem Ray's shitty house in side 6 that kills him because he trips down the fucking stairs.
Aand Palau gives Char a fucking palace because MUH ZEON while Gilboa and his family live in something marginally better than Rei's apartment
>>
>>14387835
>Why does Japan keep stroking Zeek dick?

Because they identify with them. Zeon was made to parallel Imperial Japan back in 0079, not to mention was treated very sympathetically. As a result, this attachment towards Zeon grew and grew. They see Zeon as themselves, ignoring all the fucking horrible things they did in order to romanticize the faction and it's past glory.

You know, just like what they do with their own involvement in WWII. And Tomino has been critical of this as well, people who have never been involved with war masturbating to it. That's ZZ Axis Zeon in a nutshell, not to mention the Capital Army in G-Reco.

But Tomino isn't in control of the franchise, so now Zeon apologists can go to town with them. The Japanese public eat it up because they see themselves in Zeon, especially how they've been trated post-war by America. It could even be the reason why they love Kira so much. Orb is a stand-in for Japan in that scenario, one that is treated as the most moral nation on the planet with a champion named after the dominant ethnicity of Japanese. And even that show ignores Orb's bullshit to jerk it off.
>>
>>14388374

Basically this. Japan is even on a dangerously nationalistic streak IRL that has a l of people nervous because people are starting to pine for the 'glory days' when 'Japan was strong'.

Considering that Japan was arguably even worse than the Nazis were in WW2 and never even apologized for the shit they did, them deciding to put their big boy pants on again is a cause for concern. Which isn't just their problem. If Japan picks a fight with China over some rinky dink Island, America is automatically involved by treaty and shit.
>>
>>14388390
Technically Japan is still at war with Russia, they just have the longest ceasefire in the goddamn world
>>
>>14388033
Gundam Thunderbolt ends with the crippled Zeon protagonist victorious. Hell, he fucking beat the MS that the show is named after.
>>
>>14388431
And almost everyone he cared about is dead, what a hollow fucking victory
>>
>>14388390
>Trump becomes President.
>further distance between US and Japan.
>Japan, fearing western aggression, expands its military.
>develops anti-nuclear technology
>President Trump says something asinine.
>Japan decides it needs an emperor. And a giant robot army.

>Pacific War 2.0.
>>
>>14388443
Japan still has an Emperor you mongoloid, its just he isn't as "divine" as he once was.
>>
>>14388039
>>14388109
But what I'm not entirely sure on is that people like Kamille and Amuro say that this is their goal as well, and one of the main goals of the AEUG, yet Char is the only one to still be at it later. Did Bright and Amuro realize this was a stupid sentiment, given that Bright's family seemed to live on Earth permanently after the OYW, or were they just letting Char talk so the Titans could lose their funding?
>>
>>14387839
>Christopher Nolan
Tell me about full frontal why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>14388441
At least he still has his clothes!
And isn't captured by the enemy.
Io Fleming has had a hard life.
>>
>>14388451
Yeah, one of the things America made Japan do after they won was have the Imperial family give up any claim of being descendents of Amaterasu.

>>14388431
You know, Shinn in Destiny was supposed to represent the youth of Japan. Disillusioned with Orb's ways following the first war, he leaves and joins another nation. There, he begins buying into what his new leader says. This ultimately results in him attacking not-Japan forces under said leaders orders, and then said leader tries to use force to make not-Japan do what he wants in the name of peace. Not-Japan rises up, kicks ass, installs their own government that will use force to maintain peace, and Shinn's redemption is him joining not-Japan's champion.

And Shinn's the one with the Gundam the show's named after.
>>
>>14388431
>the MS that the show is named after.
It's called the Full Armor Gundam.
The show is named after a location, the Thunderbolt Sector.
>>
>>14387484
It's actually true, though. After Degwin seized power he actually had protesters killed en masse to eliminate Deikun loyalists.
The Zabi regime was so oppressive that anti-Zabi sentiment in Side 3 was still so high eight years later that the autonomous government in Side 3 was pro-Titan.

Think about that for a second:
The people of the Autonomous Republic Of Zeon were acting in concert with the Titans *without authorization* of the EF (stated by the narrator in Zeta Gundam).
>>
>>14388443
But the elevens love Trump-sama.
>>
>>14388443
>Implying Trump wouldn't build a wall around Japan
>>
>>14388488
>If I take you out of that mobile suit, would it fly?
>>
>Error: Duplicate file exists. here. >>14388142
Well that's the thread over I guess.
>>
>>14388576
>It would be extremely painful
>You're a young guy
>even so
>>
I enjoy Zeon and it's incarnations for being full blown saturday morning evil while the shows try to sell you that they are justified in acting like a sightly more serious Rita Repulsa.

Haman was like a gift that kept on giving.
>>
>>14388609
And underneath that candy shell is still the fucking Axis powers
>>
>>14388945
Wacky Nazis are fun, what can I say.
>>
File: 1451634525000.jpg (24KB, 427x384px) Image search: [Google]
1451634525000.jpg
24KB, 427x384px
>>14388390
>Japan is even on a dangerously nationalistic streak IRL that has a l of people nervous because people are starting to pine for the 'glory days' when 'Japan was strong'.
>This is said by an americuckold
>>
>>14388390
>Basically this. Japan is even on a dangerously nationalistic streak IRL that has a l of people nervous because people are starting to pine for the 'glory days' when 'Japan was strong'.
Oh please, you sound like those paranoid Aussie veterans. The Japs aren't gonna do shit on a military front because they're pussified herbivore men. Anybody can push their shit in.

>Considering that Japan was arguably even worse than the Nazis were in WW2 and never even apologized for the shit they did
I consider 2 nukes weren't enough, but to be fair, Japan was essentially under military dictatorship that quashed democracy and internal civil rights. The Japanese people did not willingly vote for those assholes in charge to run roughshod in Asia. Reading Japanese history from 1895 to 1945 makes you realize how ingrained the military was in the government even after the Meiji Restoration. They merely traded the Shogunate and Bakufu to Western-influenced imperialism with nationalistic overtones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_15_Incident

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_26_Incident

And Japanese officials HAVE apologized in the past, but too many revisionist assholes as well as politicians that have to toe the line with their supporters have repeatedly quashed any good will toward the PRC and South Korea. Interestingly enough, Southeast Asia seems more forgiving to modern Japan than the Chinese and Koreans.
>>
>>14389013

They have closet nationalism.

It's true they're still butthurt over WWII and suffer an existentialist crisis.

That's why you see shit like kancolle and Gup and GATE, but no overt militarist actions aside from Abe overpaying the Japanese military industrial complex for a couple projects.
>>
>>14389164
Say what you want about the Nips today, but they haven't launched any wars like the US did after 1945. Or engineer the toppling of governments in favor of US-backed dictators.
>>
>>14389164
>and Gup
That's a sports show and the japan-themed team using grorious nihon tactics is consistently shown as a total joke anyway
GATE, though, oh boy. The author is rather well known for being a hardcore right-winger.

>>14389171
That's more of a matter of their culture having almost always been overwhelmingly isolationist, in contrast to the US who are a nation of immigrants who know the importance of spreading their influence. Also they kinda lost that war and had to rebuild.
>>
>>14389164
>Gup
But the Japs are kind of a joke in that. Too much NIHON BANZAI CHARGE, not enough skill.
>>
>>14389199
>That's more of a matter of their culture having almost always been overwhelmingly isolationist
Exactly. Outside of pirate raids, the invasion of Korea from 1592-1599, and their period of overseas expansion from 1895 to 1945, Japan hasn't been the aggressor toward other peoples for most of their history. It's tragic that their military committed horrific atrocities in Asia & the Pacific instead of actually being a responsible member of the international community. For fuck's sake, they were able to become a power within 50 years of modernization; something that nobody was able to do before.
>>
>>14389162
>I consider 2 nukes weren't enough,

Uh one nuke is bad? You've never heard of fallout?
>>
>>14389171
That's because the US neutered Japan after WW2. Then they've been America's loyal lapdog since the Cold War.

Which is probably the most hilarious hing about Abe's militarism. Instead of making Japan a 'strong' nation, all it'll do is make it easier for America to rope Japan into being cannon fodder for their next war.
>>
>>14389212
After all the shit the Jap military inflicted on civilians and soldiers alike between 1931 and 1945, they deserved Hiroshima & Nagasaki.

They got off pretty easy all things considered compared to Germany. The Japs didn't lose any of major land holdings nor did they suffer Soviet occupation in Hokkaido. And the US gave a buttload of cash and patents to kickstart the Nip economy so that it'd become our bulwark in the Far East against the Russians and later the ChiComs.

They commit wars of aggression and countless atrocities, got their shit stomped, and now they're one of the richest nations on Earth. You're fucking welcome Nips.
>>
>>14389220
Please, pacifism is strongly ingrained in Jap society. Don't let loud-mouthed uyoku and other dickwads make you think otherwise. Remember, this is a country that abstains from sex, its men sit down to take a piss, and like being cucked by Westerners. Contemporary Japan is a joke of a country and it'll never be militaristic in the foreseeable future.

I do concede that they'll be the 1st line of our defense if shit goes down since the missiles will hit their islands before it ever reaches the US mainland.
>>
>>14389224
I thought we already learned that its better to make friends with your enemies rather than make them suffer, which would only lead to more war and shit.
>>
>>14389212

He presumably thinks that it was the nukes that made Japan stop fighting and surrender out of fear of more nukes, without knowing that Japan barely noticed, and certainly didn't care that America dropped two nukes, and that it was Russia confirming they wouldn't help Japan that caused their surrender, since prior to that point Japan had been holding out hope Russia would help them and allow them to negotiate better terms of surrender than what the US were demanding.

The nukes had nothing to do with it though, and the Japanese government barely registered them, since they'd both been dropped on tiny cities with populations of only 300, 000 (Hiroshima) and 240, 000 (Nagasaki) for the specific reason that the US had already bombed every city with a larger population in to tinder over the previous months, so they had to bomb those due to a lack of choice. Whether it was one bomb or a thousand that did it, the Japanese government wasn't concerned, because the end result, at least as they knew it at the time, was the same.

It wasn't until later when US troops saw the cities that they began talking about the horror of it, and they linked the nukes with the surrender because of the coincidental timing of the second drop about a day or so before the surrender, even though the nukes really had nothing to do with it and it was all because of Russia. Japanese culture became horrified later due to the sicknesses and radiation they caused, but at the time, it wasn't noticed or cared about.
>>
>>14389247
Why would Russia help Japan again? Weren't just in a war beforehand?
>>
>>14389235
Well dur. The US realized after Versailles that kicking a guy when he's down instead of helping him up and ensuring that they don't go asshole makes a whole lot of sense.

>>14389247
I'm well aware of how the Nips were scared shitless of the Soviets, but you can't deny the nukes didn't play a crucial factor. And yes, I know the firebombings of Tokyo caused more deaths and casualties than the nukings combined.
>>
>>14389258
>Well dur. The US realized after Versailles that kicking a guy when he's down instead of helping him up and ensuring that they don't go asshole makes a whole lot of sense.

UNDERSTANDING!
>>
>>14389258

I can deny it, because it's not actually true and it played no part. Russia confirming their decision to help them was the sole reason and the government declined to even meet to discuss the nuclear bombs when they'd been dropped because they cared so little.
>>
>>14388374
>Zeon was made to parallel Imperial Japan back in 0079

Which has made the fact sidestories have tried to make the Nazi parallels more and more overt a really strange turn.

To the point where I had a hard time taking IgLoo seriously because the Germanification was almost comic in how heavily they laid it on.
>>
>>14389171
One can only give them just so much credit there when that's partially thanks to the fact that the end of WWII saw them militarily get their knees broken.
>>
>>14389253

Russia and Japan had a 5 year neutrality act after the war wrapped up that would last one more year until 1946, so they hoped Stalin and Russia would help negotiate better terms of surrender since they didn't like the terms the Allies were asking for. They had one other option, military action that'd cost the US so heavily they'd consider better terms just to be done with the war - when Stalin declined to help they called the first council meeting of the top heads of the government in the war (if I recall anyways), and the ones who had bet on Stalin's help voted to surrender, passing it by just one vote over the option to keep fighting and hope for better terms because of US losses.
>>
>>14389294
That's true, but you forget that post-WW2 leaders wanted to solely focus on economic matters instead of military expansion despite urging from the US in the Cold War.
>>
>>14389308
And all the Russians really wanted was to kick Japans ass as revenge for Tsushima. They did so
>IS-3s, T-34-85s and T-44s vs Chi-has and armored cars
Yeah that's real life WoT style Seal clubbing right there
>>
>>14389308
It's amazing how childish and retarded Jap minds work. Is their something in their water that makes them lack common sense?
>>
>>14389338
One of the reasons why America was in such a rush to finish the atomic bomb was that they feared the Soviet Union might invade Japan and take half of it, like what happened in Europe and Korea.
>>
>>14389388
>Is their something in their water that makes them lack common sense?

The live in a an isolationist society with a strongly entrenched pseudo caste system with influences across the world and hatred across the oceans.
>>
>>14389409
Yeah in one of my more philosophical moments I thought about the ramifications of a Communist "North Japan" and a Capitalist "South Japan", and then I realized such a thing was incomprehensible to an American without any context.
>>
File: ror-08.jpg (78KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ror-08.jpg
78KB, 640x480px
>>14389437
> the ramifications of a Communist "North Japan" and a Capitalist "South Japan"
Hey, I remember that game.
>>
>>14389481
Was this part of Muv Luv's premise?
>>
File: PAL_boxcover.jpg (93KB, 640x926px) Image search: [Google]
PAL_boxcover.jpg
93KB, 640x926px
>>14389490
No. Though Muv Luv did have the interesting situation of a Soviet Alaska. That screenshot is from Ring of Red.
>>
>>14389420
Plus, sexual repression after adopting Western ways..
http://www.jref.com/articles/underwear-and-shame-in-japan.122/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue_KO_Xhi9o
>>
>>14389490
Mabu Rabu had STRONK IMPERIAL JAPAN NEED NO WESTERNER
>>
>>14389509

>MUH NIPPON TAMASHII
>>
>>14389224
Bringing this back to Gundam a bit. It strikes me that Zeon got off even more lightly than Japan did. They weren't occupied (barring that stupid retcon in Unicorn), didn't have their colonies bombed or attacked, didn't have to pay any reparations and got to keep their independence on paper and maintain a token military. Pretty much a slap on the wrist for the guys who murdered half of humanity. You'd think there'd be a bit of resentment from Federation citizens about how lightly Zeon got off but instead we get constant whining from Zeon about how oppressed they are.
>>
>>14389584
That's cause all the diehards ran off to Axis. The Side 3 government was collaborationist as hell, to the point of even supporting the Titans over the AEUG at points.
>>
>>14389584
>>14389614

Shoulda genocided Side 3. There wouldn't be any sequels after 0079
>>
>>14389658

You'd still have Zeta. And by extension ZZ. And the fear and resentment such an act would spark off in other Sides and Spacenoids would probably act as the basis for a whole new series of Zeek stuff on top of those.
>>
>>14389481
>Democratic of Japan
goddamnit Engrish
>>
>>14389584
>>14389614
Zeon surrendered unconditionally and early, that's all there is to it.

Japan, on the other hand, was at the point where all they wanted was for the Emperor not to get hanged, and I think some other token bullshit. The allies, even if MacArthur didn't end up hanging the Emperor, weren't having any of it. The nukes, or the impending Soviet invasion, fixed their hesitation.
>>
>>14388441
Are you stupid?
No, don't answer that you certainly are.
Darryl didn't care about that many people.
>>
>>14389828
I meant most of his comrades died for a nearly worthless victory, because god knows the whole cycle would have repeated the moment the federation thought it was worth it to try and take Thunderbolt again. And before you say it, yes the federation would try again, and if they succeeded that time it would just make everyone (especially the Zeeks) who survived the first go-around bitter about the wasted lives and time for what amounted to nothing in the end.
>>
>>14389164
>GuP

But the Japanese tanks are rightly shown to be pieces of crap. It's a shame the based volleyball team was saddled with a crappy Nip tank. If anything the show was guilty of MUH GERMAN PANZER
>>
>>14389164
>GuP
Not really.
GuP is the least mean spirited anime I've ever seen. The main team is nationally neutral, and every other nation gets made fun of. But despite that most are portrayed in a fairly positive light.
The american captain practically throws the game by handicapping themselves when she realises her subordinates were playing dirty, showing off immense sportsmanship.
The British team wins the practice round.
The Italian team is shown to be increadibly friendly and somewhat clever. The German team are sort of set up as villians, but they get better by the movie.

In the movie the Japanese team is portrayed as a group of retards who go on suicidal charges for the sake of muh honour and instantly get shot down.

Did you even watch the show?
>>
>>14389584
>You'd think there'd be a bit of resentment from Federation citizens about how lightly Zeon got off but instead we get constant whining from Zeon about how oppressed they are.
part of that is that at the end of the OYW there barely were any Federation civilians, most of the Federation Sides got gassed or nuked after all, indeed most of the Sides would be repopulated after the war by encouraging people from Side 3 to emigrate to them, the Federation couldn't really oppress Zeon's civilian population for that reason, they were too valuable for the rebuilding process
>>
>>14389164
What does Kancolle has anything to do with that? Or you just assume that because a Japanese game consists most of Japanese ships?

Heck, it even portrays other countries are fighting the same shit.
>>
>>14389268
>eurocucks actually believe this
>>
>>14389164
>Kancolle and GuP
Why is talking about shit you don't actually know anything about such a popular pastime on 4chan?
>>
>>14390877
We also got BB-61 in game now, so yeah its less "NIPPON STRONK" and more, "OH GOD MY POOR SHIPGIRLS WHY DID I GO ON WITH TAIHA"
>>
>>14390877
Early on it was a fairly reasonable assumption. After all you're fighting battles resembling WW2 from Japan's side and winning pretty much all of them against freaking demons from hell. There was a whole bunch of people subscribing to the ABYSS IS THE ALLIES theory back in the day.
Of course when the game started introducing abyss blatantly based on YOUR girls (it's hard to argue when an obvious evil Harusame shows up in the battle where Harusame was the only ship sunk) and allies shipgirls, said theory went down the shitter fast.

>>14389584
What was there to punish? Zeon's entire chain of command already got gunned down by the time the OYW ended. They don't have much to take, either, besides mobile suits (which they did, since the engies started making suits for the Titans instead). Whatcha gonna do, genocide them all?
>>
>>14391064
Kind of makes me wonder what Mineva thought of Amuro, him being the man who killed her father.
>>
>>14388346
>while Earth lives in shitty conditions and large parts of it are uninhabitable because radical spacenoids keep blowing up all of their goddamn infrastructure and making sure that no one can have nice things.
Actually, a large amount of that has nothing to do with spacenoids and everything to do overpopulation and overconsumption of resources.

Granted, the colony drops didn't help, but at best, those just fucked up weather patterns and made a big mess in various parts of the globe. At large, the Earth was pretty fucked as is, but it still went on truckin' till V Gundam all the way to G-Reco.

It's like that George Carlin bit; "The Earth is fine. It's always been fine. It'll always BE fine. The PEOPLE are fucked!"
>>
>>14391075
Probably didn't think much of him either way, considering she didn't know her father, never met Amuro, and wanted to distance herself from the Zabi horrible legacy, anyway (which, as much of a lovable idiot Dozle was, he was most definitely a part of.)

She may have even had respect for him, to some degree.
>>
>>14390940

When Japan's government didn't even meet to discuss either bombing but did meet and then vote over Stalin's decision, it's not hard.
>>
File: cher.png (336KB, 382x408px) Image search: [Google]
cher.png
336KB, 382x408px
Why is everybody saying Char is a brilliant tactician? He just seems like a crazy asshole. I mean he's great, but he doesn't seem very smart, or longevity minded. "I'm gonna attack them in earth's gravity well, because it triggers Feddiescum and can in no way ever fuck me over as well!!!!"

NIGGA.
>>
>>14391270
Because he's handsome and mysterious
That makes up for any flaws a character might have
>>
>>14389658
Why stop at Side 3? Just genocide all the colonies and keep the sequel series on earth with the federation shutting down all further attempts to populate space.
>>
>>14391270
>>14391270
>If we attack them right before reentry, they'll have to try to fight us off while being busy preparing for rentry! They'll never be able to handle it all!
>But captain, wouldn't we have to do both things at once, too?
>Yes, but we'll be GOOD at it!
>But we've never done it before. No one has, you said so yourself. How do we even know this is possible?
>Because we're GOOD at fighting and space and stuff. They're still amateurs only protected by their advanced mobile suit.
>Yeah, but what if- Ah, fuck it. Let's just do it so I can go home and see my newborn son.
>That's what I wanna hear, Crown!
>>
>>14391317
I take it back, Char is a responsible, kind, and trustworthy man. People should write songs about him.
>>
>>14391134
>It's like that George Carlin bit; "The Earth is fine. It's always been fine. It'll always BE fine. The PEOPLE are fucked!"

The people are not exactly doing hot on Earth, but every time I think of Earth in UC Gundam all I see are bombed out cities and barren wastelands.

We are never shown Blade- Runner esq industrial hellscapes. Just a couple of place that look untouched by war, and a whole bunch of places that look post apocalyptic.
>>
>>14391853

Which is his point. The Earth might be bombed out cities and barren wastelands, but that's just a new paradigm for the planet and doesn't effect the planet itself - just the people and maybe some of the animals living on it. The planet doesn't care if the landscape is lush or desert, only the people living there. Even the animals and plants generally don't care, since most of them are evolved to fit that niche. Carlin was talking about nuclear bombs and so on during that bit if I recall and why we might kill ourselves, but we won't stop the planet going on. Even if we cause a nuclear winter or something though, life and the planet will go on and not care in the end, just find a new pattern and keep moving.
>>
File: 1452835246040.jpg (45KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452835246040.jpg
45KB, 720x720px
>The same people who try to justify dropping 2 nukes on cities full of innocent people act like a colony drop was a bad thing

Never change, amerifats
>>
>>14393884
There's a difference between the two. The Colony Drops are more like the US gassing France and crashing it into Germany.
>>
>>14388431
>he fucking beat the MS that the show is named after.

are you actually this stupid?
>>
>>14389247

why the fuck would the russians help them?

how fucking stupid are you?
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.