[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wass Turn A so fucking good ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: TurnAButterfly.jpg (243KB, 634x396px) Image search: [Google]
TurnAButterfly.jpg
243KB, 634x396px
Why wass Turn A so fucking good ?
>>
>>14375037
Tominio got to be himself.
>>
>>14375153
Didnt know this was a Garzey's Wing thread.
>>
>>14375037
Because it was only good, not great like most of his previous works.
>>
>>14375037
Because you like Ghibli more than mecha shows.
>>
Prequel series taking place when the Turn A & X were brand new when?
>>
File: shot0001.png (903KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.png
903KB, 640x480px
>>14375269
Turn X was old already when they built the Turn A (around UC 8000).
Personally, I'd love to see this take place in late CE. Stargazer is the one that finds the Turn X, and Turn A's moustache is Lacus's idea.
/m/ would shit itself to death with rage.
>>
File: turn-a wide.jpg (2MB, 2560x1024px) Image search: [Google]
turn-a wide.jpg
2MB, 2560x1024px
Because Loran is a great protag. He's the only one who actually stuck to his word of trying to not kill anyone - so he avoids the trope of "hurr durr I don't want to kill but I have to,"

It helps that the Turn-A is so damn imbalanced that he can actually do that though.
>>
>>14375037
Because Dianna-sama.
>>
>>14375337

Did you not watch Turn-A? It's only after the Turn-A comes out that it becomes imbalanced compared to most stuff. Prior to that, Loran had no idea of its power and was using it on par with most other stuff. He didn't even use weapons for the first ten odd episodes, since he had no idea it had any.
>>
>>14375419
I assume you mean it's only after the Turn-X comes out that it becomes imbalanced?

While the Turn-A wasn't smashing everything to bits before the X showed up, I'm not sure whether to blame that on Loran or the Moustache. On one hand, Loran was ignorant AND pacifistic, and on the other the White Doll was clearly rusty as fuck. The flight system being literally covered with rocks and dirt.
>>
>>14375456

Well it's not imbalanced compared to the Turn-X, hence most stuff.
>>
>>14375483

Oh, just saw I wrote Turn-A when yea, I meant Turn-X. Never mind.
>>
>>14375302
>Turn X was old already when they built the Turn A (around UC 8000).
I was thinking they could do a series taking place in each of their native times. Either 11 minutes of X followed by 11 minutes of A stuff, or swapping back and forth between episodes/arcs. A true dual story saga.

>Personally, I'd love to see this take place in late CE. Stargazer is the one that finds the Turn X, and Turn A's moustache is Lacus's idea.
>/m/ would shit itself to death with rage.
Now that's just cruel.
>>
>(around UC 8000)
Is Tomino ever gave any UC-CC calendar converter?
Because I don't remember any.
>>
>>14379225
Just quote him m8, and yeah he did. A very general idea.
>>
>>14375037
Because you like slow monotony.
>>
>>14375337
>He's the only one who actually stuck to his word of trying to not kill anyone - so he avoids the trope of "hurr durr I don't want to kill but I have to,"

Who is Kio?
>>
>>14375037
Focus on characters above all else, no meddling studio forcing Tomino to include toy-selling battle scenes in every episode.
>>
>>14379501
Not him but Kio was annoying because he tried to save everyone, even when those were skilled ennemies piloting good MS. Thus, in almost every fihgt he proceed to weakly counterattack while he get shat on by any named characters.

Meanwhile Loran just go for the kill if someone too strong show up.
>>
File: turn a.jpg (210KB, 705x1000px) Image search: [Google]
turn a.jpg
210KB, 705x1000px
>>14375337

well it also helped that Turn A was a setting that actually facilitated that kind of attitude

A lot of the series was less about War and more about preventing it. So a pacifist protagonist can actually work so he wasn't some uber hax guy who was just tagging legs and arms and leaving people to float in space
>>
>>14375302
I feel like I've seen this post before

Like 2-3 years ago
>>
File: IkPDh.jpg (136KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
IkPDh.jpg
136KB, 500x383px
>>14375037
Because UNIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHS
>>
>>14375302
My headcanon is that Lacus has seen Dark History records sometime prior to SEED, and it kinda broke her. Mankind making the same mistakes again and again, never learning a thing. She is doing everything in her power to try and make sure it doesn't happen again through whatever means necessary. Her Terminal organization is there for her to orchestrate everyone getting along under her will, as well as trying to obtain any information that could lead her to either of the mysterious Turns.
>>
File: char laugh at that faggot amuro.jpg (43KB, 522x303px) Image search: [Google]
char laugh at that faggot amuro.jpg
43KB, 522x303px
>>14375037
>Turn A
>good
>>
File: Harry.jpg (37KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Harry.jpg
37KB, 225x350px
>>14381261
>Char fag making fun of anyone
>>
>>14381270
>lesser Char talking shit
>>
>>14375037
it wasn't. the worst show i've ever seen
>>
Akiman was scared shirtless by Tomino IIRC.
>>
>>14381283

Harry is not a CHAR, dummy.
>>
File: Harry has no fucks to give.png (314KB, 585x398px) Image search: [Google]
Harry has no fucks to give.png
314KB, 585x398px
>>14381283

Im sorry, I can't hear you. Im to busy screwing the Queen of the Moon. How's that constant spat with the weird Canadian going?
>>
>>14375037
The only good episodes were the last 2. Everything else was horribly paced
>>
Reminder that the Dianna Nightingale episode contained more pathos than all episodes of Unicorn and IBO combined despite having zero melodrama and zero named character deaths. It's literally /m/echakino: the episode.
>>
>>14381906
>zero named character deaths

Teteth
Koran
Gavan
Midgard
>>
>>14375037
>good
>boring
Only ONE is the right answer.

>>14375210
>great
>Tomino works
This is also incorrect.

>>14375337
So he's like every other gundam protag that isn't a rehash of Amuro Ray or Heero Yuy.

>>14380364
They're both faggots.

>>14381270
>>14381283
You're also faggots
>>
>>14381712
You're busy plowing a coal miner's daughter, a cute rich one admittedly but she's a blonde New England heiress, an actual queen would be lower maintenance.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.