[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zone of the Enders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 20

File: animebooks-com_2267_1288290755.jpg (236KB, 531x750px) Image search: [Google]
animebooks-com_2267_1288290755.jpg
236KB, 531x750px
What does /m/ thinks about these games?
To me it made me have an interest on giant robots, they never got my attention before. I really like how stylized they are.
>>
>>14356105
Never finished ZoE2 because the only copy of the game available to me at the time was the 360 HD and it kept crashing during Anubis fights. Might swap the 360 HD for the PS3 HD and give it a go. From what I played though, I liked it.
>>
>>14356108
Yeah, I heard they only fixed on PS3 for some reason.
Is amazing this was on a PS2.
>>
>>14356105
A little simple for my tastes, but smooth as fuck controls

Couldn't really get past the Vic Viper inn ZoE2 since that fight made you mash boost so much that it felt like one of the MGS torture sequences and I just couldn't keep up
>>
File: zone_of_the_enders_2___jehut.jpg (32KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
zone_of_the_enders_2___jehut.jpg
32KB, 467x350px
>>14356105
I love me some Jehuty. Great games except zoe2 is way harder than the first
>>
>>14356105
Interesting setting and mech design, but very short games.
>>
>>14356881
aint that the truth
>>
Did anyone else find the translation job on ZOE2 awkward as hell? I don't remember any specific examples because it's been years but I do very strongly remember the script combined with the dub was pretty weird at communicating basic plot points.
>>
>>14357170

The script the actors used was very literal in a lot of places. It was pretty glaring. I do wish people would stop acting like it was the actors fault though.
>>
>>14357170
Everyone found the translation awkward, but also hilarious in places.

>>14357334
Some of it may have been on the actors. The way they sped through almost every line in the game didn't help. The script was bad enough as it was; it didn't need to be read in fast forward.
>>
>>14357170
It gets me that despite having the games updated in HD, the dialogue didn't get a redub. Then again, Konami was gradually stopping to give any fucks at that point.
>>
>>14357511

I think they had to speed through some lines to match the Mouth flaps or timecodes since a lot of games do not get those things adjusted in other languages
>>
>>14357511

if the actors speed through lines it's usually because they have to match mouth flaps which is the fault of the script or because the director told them too.
>>
ZoE1 is pretty bad. The graphics are okay, the story is non existent( it's really sad when ZoE2's recap of the first game's events gives you more information about everything that happened and general world building), the gameplay is boring and the overworld map was pretty shitty. It was also so short I was dumbfounded when I saw the end credits.
ZoE2 on the other hand took 1 and improved everything from it. The boss fight were really rad (except the one with the pink AI controlled OF).
>>
File: 1462152701807.jpg (317KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1462152701807.jpg
317KB, 1200x1600px
ZoE2 is one of my favorite games ever. It's just so fun to play, the combat is amazing. As others have pointed out though, the writing ranges from awkward at best, to downright hilariously bad.

>>14357170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCqixMYh_Vw
>>
The first ZoE wasn't even really a game, just a half assed tech demo to prove a point or something. A whopping ~5 enemies plus some nonsensical bosses, virtually no real characters or character development, terrible collectathon gameplay inbetween fights. You name it. The second game is much better, featuring gameplay that lasts more than 4 hours and actual characters. The GBA game might as well not exist. Multiplayer was a blast if you had friends to play it with and I'm sad to know that the third game was officially shitcanned forever. It's crazy to think that a series of two terrible games and one pretty good one spawned an OVA and anime which I've been meaning to watch. I hope whatever Kojima is cooking up will satisfy the desire for a new ZoE.
>>
File: InhertLloyd.jpg (217KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
InhertLloyd.jpg
217KB, 700x700px
Great games. Wish there we more of them.

>>14357170

It was. My favorite line is:

>Get out of my way!
>Find another way!
>>
File: Naked Jehuty.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Naked Jehuty.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>14357928
>Great games. Wish there we more of them.
Mother fucking this.

ZOE world/lore is so interesting and wasn't capitalized on to its full potential.
>>
>>14356867
Vic Viper really doesn't need boost. You can beat him by charging burst when he's flying back from shooting beams and shit at you and it does heavy damage. The best way to fight him is to do that, and then grab him when he gets back and repeatedly throw him into a wall.
>>
>>14356105
One of the games that that defined my childhood.
I got so excited when kojima signed my copy and he had the biggest smile on when he signed a non mgs game. Two days later he announced zoehd at e3 i fucking hate him
>>
>>14357946
I heard rumors that there's gonna be a ZoE themed Pachislot soon, so there's that.
>>
>>14359099
That's not potential, it's where potential dreams go to die. At least it'll be accompanied by Goemon, Castlevania and Metal Gear.
>>
>>14359830
Don't forget about all those Hudson Soft games Konami owns now too!
>>
>>14357519

They had to redub ADA's lines for the tutorial in the 360 version due to the different buttons. The new stuff doesn't mesh well with the original lines though.
>>
File: b0055271_516a1edecaed1.jpg (1MB, 960x1308px) Image search: [Google]
b0055271_516a1edecaed1.jpg
1MB, 960x1308px
Just posting art.
>>
File: nephtis.jpg (383KB, 1200x1780px) Image search: [Google]
nephtis.jpg
383KB, 1200x1780px
>>
File: Zone.of.the.Enders.full.1316693.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Zone.of.the.Enders.full.1316693.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>
File: 391615.jpg (805KB, 1702x2500px) Image search: [Google]
391615.jpg
805KB, 1702x2500px
>>
File: anubis_gold.jpg (1MB, 1428x872px) Image search: [Google]
anubis_gold.jpg
1MB, 1428x872px
>>
File: jehuty_silver.jpg (1MB, 1428x782px) Image search: [Google]
jehuty_silver.jpg
1MB, 1428x782px
>>
Anyone lurking?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
switch to vector cannon mode
>>
>>14359099
>>14359830
>ZoE themed Pachislot
well its something at least. Hopefully its sparks something, or a new designs to get some of those nice Damashiis
>>
>>14361023
Nah man, Pachislots is bottom of the barrel. They already cancelled ZoE 3 due to sub par sales of the HD collection (despite selling better than the first two original games combined) so there's no way Pachislots could bring life back into the series knowing Konami.

Plus I'm pretty sure he was joking about that.
>>
>>14361157
still, just having anything ZOE related is good in my book
>>
>>14361203
I suppose. I see a beauty in letting something die peacefully instead of being strung out through spinoffs made by none of the original team but at the same time there is a glint of hope for a real sequel even in a pachinko game.
>>
As much as I like this game the middle section is pure fucking hell.
The part where you have to delete Viola's AI still fucking walls me to this day.
>>
>>14361882
It's better if you're replaying as Naked Jehuty and you kill her in one accidental hit.
Nothing beats Damaged Jehuty vs Anubis though.
>>
>>14361215
If it actually gets something it may lead to something, ZOE is a great series and I don't think one or two pachinko games will ruin the series, if anything it may get its name out there and possibly lead to another console game or at least handheld
>>
>>14361215
>die peacefully
>after that fucking botched HD remake
>>
>>14362739
Botched? They barely touched it at all which played no small part in the fact it sold like shit.
>>
File: Jehuty.jpg (134KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
Jehuty.jpg
134KB, 800x640px
I remember way back in the good old days of renting vidya, my friend and I stayed up until like 5 in the morning beating ZoE2. One of the most satisfying moments is when zero shift finally unlocks and you just hatefuck a bloody canyon through the entire following stage.
>>
>>14362823
hence botched. they didn't even fix the HD XBOX360 version either.
>>
>>14360764
I'm surprised they didn't use generic names for the buttons to specifically avoid that, like in MGS.

>Press the Crawl button to crouch down on the spot.
>Press the Action button to climb ladders.
becomes
>Press the Attack button at long range to shoot projectiles.
>Press the Attack button at short range to perform melee attacks.
>Press and hold the Boost button while moving to dash at high speed.
>>
>>14360764
I'm surprised they didn't use generic names for the buttons to specifically avoid that, like in MGS.

>Press the Crawl button to crouch down on the spot.
>Press the Action button to climb ladders.
becomes
>Press the Attack button at long range to shoot projectiles.
>Press the Attack button at short range to perform melee attacks.
>Press and hold the Boost button while moving to dash at high speed.
>>
File: abl5jo.png (47KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
abl5jo.png
47KB, 500x389px
>>14360754
Don't remind me. Bomberman deserves more than phone/mobile games. At least Momotaro got off easy, I guess.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.