[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reco-G Subs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 15

Is it just me or does the dialogue in this show seem to make absolutely no sense. I'm wondering if Tomino is really off his rocker here or if the subtitles are just poorly translated. Like "The Earth is... Not Square" makes no sense. I don't speak fluent Japanese but there certainly seem to be some errors from what I know.
I found the [AG] subs but they never finished the show it seems and there are no Seeders for their torrents. Does anyone have a better source of subs for this show?
>>
>>14351698
Yeah I wonder why can't tomino just write things like "people die when they are killed"

That would make a lot more sense.
>>
Translators did the best they could with what they had. She literally said that. The Jap audience was confused too.
>>
>>14351698
>metaphor doesn't verbally exist
>>
Interesting, I guess I'll just continue chugging through and ignore the weirdness.
>>
File: metabee.gif (212KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
metabee.gif
212KB, 500x375px
>>14351698
Haven't seen G-Reco at all; but I'm assuming that "The Earth is... not square" means that the world isn't shaped by strict connect-the-lines ideals of the character she's talking to.

Dunno the context so it's my take on it. The Tomino anime I've seen so far is Zambot 3, MSG, MSG trilogy, Ideon TV + movies, and Zeta Gundam to episode 25. So far any unusual dialogue has been some sort of metaphor or attempt to make the viewer stop and think. Which I really enjoy.
>>
On a related note did anyone finish watching Reco G and at the end just go "yep.. that's a thing I watched alright"?

Never really any big battles or strong characters.. just a bunch of.. .yep
>>
>>14352067
That's pretty much what I got out of it.

But people will get extremely angry if you tell them it wasn't a masterpiece.
>>
>>14352062
A ROBOT DOES NOT NEED A FAN
>>
>>14351698

"The world is not square" is a metaphorical line, like "Cagalli is crying".

In the case of "Cagalli is crying", Cagalli represents the monarchy of Orb, and therefore represents Orb itself, as monarchy is nation, and kings can do no wrong. Therefore if Cagalli is crying, Orb is crying, and something should be done about it.

In the case of "the world is not square", the world is very clearly round, and Aida is addressing her enemy's clearly delusional perception. The assumption is that the enemy assumes that the world IS square, i.e. something that it isn't.

Man metaphors are fucken stupid
>>
>>14352067
Personally, I loved it. It's in my Top 10. But that wasn't until I rewatched it. I didn't understand the plot very well the first time since I was watching it weekly and forgot details and whatnot. Everything is interconnected and you won't catch all of it the first time.
>>
>>14351698
When I watched it I did pick up a lot of problems with G-Reco subs oversimplifying or getting stuff worded badly. That's a recurring problem in several Crunchyroll translations.

That World is not Square line however is just that even in Japanese.
>>
>>14351717
>LOL THIS LINE FROM THIS THING I HAVEN'T READ IT'S SO DUMB OUT OF CONTEXT LOL
>>
>>14351698
Why do pilots vocalize so many random quips in their cockpits? Their comms are not on and no one else can hear them.

It's like sitting alone in the toilet and shouting
>MY POOP IS NOT SQUARE
>MY POOP IS BOUND BY THE WEIGHT OF GRAVITY
>>
>>14352159
>It's like sitting alone in the toilet and shouting

It's not, it's nothing like that.
>>
File: 1435551407096.gif (711KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1435551407096.gif
711KB, 245x200px
>>14352110
>In the case of "Cagalli is crying", Cagalli represents the monarchy of Orb, and therefore represents Orb itself, as monarchy is nation, and kings can do no wrong. Therefore if Cagalli is crying, Orb is crying, and something should be done about it.
>>
>>14352159
Well you don't take part in intense giant robot wars in the toilet. Try playing difficult games like those let's play youtubers and you're bound to say some stupid shit.
>>
>>14352067
I watched it but aside from retard girl I don't remember jack shit about what made it interesting or unique
>>
>>14351698
That's an incredibly basic way of saying, "society isn't black and white." In other words, "I can't just stop being a pirate." It's hardly even a metaphor since it's taking basic concepts and addressing them with much simpler words. It makes complete sense. People with basic communication skills tend to use figures of speech. Being under duress would usually have someone have a harder time putting words together and using simpler terms as a shortcut. As it turns out, talking isn't a free action.

Has dry and explicit Nip dialogue spoiled people? Am I the only person who actually uses figures of speech in day to day communication?
>>
>>14351698
I thought it was because he was attempting a maneuver that doesn't work in space - in other words, he was thinking in two dimensions.
>>
>>14352062
>Haven't seen G-Reco at all; but I'm assuming that "The Earth is... not square" means that the world isn't shaped by strict connect-the-lines ideals of the character she's talking to.
Yeah, that's pretty much it, but fuck if anyone can understand anything around here.
>>
>>14352159
Thanks anon, now I'm going to yell
>MY SHIT IS WEIGHED DOWN BY GRAVITY
every time I take a dump
>>
>>14352275
I think what's confusing is that she specifically refers to earth and not the world.
>>
>>14352067
Pretty much my sentiments exactly. At least it got me to finish the series unlike IBO and Age which I dropped not even half way through.
>>
>>14352067
It's pretty mediocre, the weakest Tomino Gundam TV show so far. At least ZZ had a bretty good second half, G-Reco was just mediocre.
>>
>>14352434
But she said 'sekai', not 'chikyu'? That's referring to the world in the broader sense as opposed to the Earth Sphere.
>>
>>14352449
Blame the subbers then
I was just reading off of the OP
>>
File: 1346880039563.png (18KB, 166x200px) Image search: [Google]
1346880039563.png
18KB, 166x200px
>>14352469
Shit, I didn't even notice.
>>
>>14352146
See, we both get how dumb OP is
>>
Is /m/'s inability to wrap their heads around this the equivalent of "MARTHA?!"
>>
>>14352110

So its a confusing line because Aida is just strawmanning the fuck out of her opponent out of nowhere and fucked up the delivery?
>>
>>14352105
it does when it's overheating
>>
>>14352159
They do that IRL too. Granted most of the time it involves epithets of a sexual nature.
>>
>>14352909
>A Gundam where everyone is screaming expletives constantly instead of Tominospeaking
So, Thunderbolt, I guess.
>>
>>14352750
/m/ has severe reading comprehension issues, this is nothing new. It's why most people here prefer dubs. There's genuinely nothing like "Tominospeak", it's just idiots that can't read or understand slightly complex sentences that they're not used to seeing.

I don't really look down on them for it, like the same way you don't really feel angry at mental retards or spastics for being dumb. You just feel kind of pity for them.
>>
>>14352750

The difference is that everyone just immediately understands that MARTHA is fucking stupid, agrees that it is stupid, and moves on.

Meanwhile, some combination of diehard fans and trolls insist that Tomino is a genius and you are the retard for not understanding his masterful grasp of language (see >>14352933
) which creates this perpetual illusion that there might be some context or interpretation that you are missing.

If everyone just agreed that Tomino wasn't a very good writer and his dialog was his weakest skill, we wouldn't get hung up on it so much. But enough people claim otherwise to foster enough doubt to keep the conversation going.
>>
>>14352933
>It's why most people here prefer dubs.
Wut?

Other than a handful of dubs, /m/ seems to hate them as much as /a/ does, with a few outliers.
>>
>>14352954
>If everyone just agreed with what I think then we wouldn't get hung up on it so much
>>
It's a combination of Crunchyroll's trademark shoddy translations and G-Reco's dialogue being a lot of vague, flowery metaphors. It isn't solely Tomino or solely Crunchy's subs.
>>
>>14352954
Or maybe you're just dumb
>>
>>14352954
Except it's not and his dialogue, while strange sometimes, is by no means hard to grasp. I know Tominospeak exists but it just means his wording can be screwy once in a blue moon, not that all of his characters are constantly blurting out unintelligible complexities in three different languages.
>>
>>14352968

So how do you explain the shitty Tomino dialog that predates the existence of Crunchyroll by decades?
>>
>>14352977
>shitty Tomino dialog
Sure thing Okada
>>
>>14352159
Think of it like when people play video games and talk shit under their breath.
>>
>>14352159

Because Tomino
>>
>>14353003
>under their breath
Not the way I play em
>>
>>14352933
>It's why most people here prefer dubs.
Wait wut?

The only argument I've heard for dubs is that it gets less in the way of watching the action. Which is dumb, but ayy.
>>
>>14352954
What a moron
>>
>>14352159
>toliet analogy
it's more like you driving and telling the drunk asshole in front of you to die in a crash despite knowing they can't hear you
>>
>>14352062
That's pretty much what I thought it meant too. I don't know how people get so confused by it.
>>
>>14352968
CR never touched a Gundam until IBO.
>>
>>14352968
G Reco was done by animelab tho that's why we always got subs late, sometimes days or weeks late if the show wasnt ripped by someone else.
>>
File: retard.jpg (102KB, 489x400px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
102KB, 489x400px
>>14351698
>>14352159
>>14352434
>>14352954
>>
File: smug kirino.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
smug kirino.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>14352977
Because retards like you mistake Bandai Entertainment's shitty translations for his actual writing.
>>
>>14353712

You have to at least admit that his stuff, for whatever reason, doesn't stand up to translation very well because it is so obtuse.

The vast, vast majority of anime dialog doesn't have the problems we have come to associate with Tomino. If it did, no one would be able to take anime even half seriously.
>>
>>14353951
First of all, it isn't taken half seriously. And second, while his dialogue is not standard or what people are used to, it doesn't mean it's obtuse or substandard in any way.
>>
File: bizarro world.png (292KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
bizarro world.png
292KB, 986x553px
>>14351698
>>
>>14352842
>So its a confusing line because Aida is just strawmanning the fuck out of her opponent out of nowhere and fucked up the delivery?

They're not even having an actual conversation, it's just something she shouts while she's attacking

Because she needed to shout SOMETHING
>>
>>14355032
>Because she needed to shout SOMETHING
UNIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERSE
>>
>>14352842
It's not much of any of that. Bellri said, "Stop being a pirate!" which is an incredibly simplified, sheltered perception of conflict. Aida responded with, "The world is... not square!" to demonstrate that that she has reasons he doesn't know or understand to be a pirate and she can't just immediately back out of piracy now like it was nothing.
>>
>>14355202

But Aida was never a pirate and in the end Bellri was right, conflict really is that simple to resolve

Just kill the old people ruining it for everyone

Also who else was surprised that Cumpa Rusita was from the moon, not jupiter
>>
>>14355378
That's not completely true. Aida was a still a soldier in the Amerian's pirate division, which was made to prevent Ameria from getting in trouble for committing acts of war. She was an ideologue and now a terrorist, so just saying, "I back out now guise, really!" wouldn't work for her or the Capital Guard. Of course, no one actually cared about her though since everyone sort of forgot how deadly war actually was, but that's beside the point.

>Just kill the old people ruining it for everyone
This never happened. In fact, only a few of the people were actually particularly responsible for the conflict, and most of them survived. The conflict just naturally diffused when the Spacenoids got on Earth like they wanted and the Capital Army became defunct.
>>
File: recofags confirmed rekt.png (14KB, 937x107px) Image search: [Google]
recofags confirmed rekt.png
14KB, 937x107px
>>14351698
>>
>>14353381
This. Plus there's scientific studies that talking to yourself is actually something natural at times, at least when concerning stress relief and quips. It's even considered healthy too in those studies.

Now if the guy starts talking to himself over a 2 hour period then that's another story.
>>
>>14352469
It's horriblesubs, what did you expect? Professional grade translations?
>>
>>14355481
The translation OP is using was actually AnimeLab. HorribleSubs did another translation that's actually a lot more accurate.

>Professional grade translations
Kek, Crunchyroll and 8-4 shit are what professionals are responsible for.
>>
>>14355542
That was the joke, I didn't know the OP was AnimeLab since the filename clearly said HorribleSubs so I assumed CR as usual.
>>
>>14355415

Then what was the point of trying to keep them off Earth?
>>
>>14355583
Muh sekrit club, just like Sankt Porto and the Venus Globe. Pretty much everyone wanted what everyone else had, thinking the others were more fortunate when everyone had about the same position. All the communities were isolated by taboos in order to keep the flow of resources under complete peace and control. That's why the only thing that ever actually moved between any of these places was the Crescent Ship.
>>
>>14355617
>Muh sekrit club

Just like G-Reco vs A/Z vs IBO.
>>
File: 1297843779138.jpg (18KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1297843779138.jpg
18KB, 360x360px
>>14355643
That analogy makes no sense. First and foremost, there's nothing to suggest that their are all irrevocably seperated by another force. Additionally, just about every shitflinging argument about the three are mostly done by falseflaggers trying to derail a thread. The conflict that is imaginary here as opposed to real in the show is also functionally the opposite. People are supposedly arguing to change each others opinions, not to keep other people out, which is impossible on 4chan anyways, but to rein them in.

The conflict in G-Reco has more in common with Japanese isolationism and immigration policy and the situation many immigrants would expect the other place they're going to to be better when differences are generally marginal.
>>
>>14355658

That's really deep dude, good job.
>>
>>14355415
>The conflict just naturally diffused when the Spacenoids got on Earth like they wanted and the Capital Army became defunct.
And both Amerian fleets were almost completely wiped out. And the Capital Army was rekt and its admiral killed. And the GIT pilots were all disabled.

Zucchini or w/e wanted to continue the war but it was clear they just ran out of immediate military power.
>>
>>14355732
Zucchini was a warmonger and also failed to get the battery production freedom he wanted. Klim killed him anyways. Capital Army was defunct. The G-IT lab got through, so the Spacenoids got what they wanted and no longer had any interest in fighting. Not only were they no longer violent, but they were shown living peacefully with the Earthnoids.
>>
>>14355768
You know Towasangans will try again. They were completely fucked. And Zucchini's fate is ambiguous since it looked like he dodged the debris.
>>
>>14355804
The Towasangans got on Earth like they wanted though. Also, after reviewing the footage, after Zucchini fell down the stairs, the stage collapsed on him.
>>
>>14351698
Why does /m/ always fall for the most blatant bait threads?
>>
>>14355378
>Also who else was surprised that Cumpa Rusita was from the moon, not jupiter
He was from Venus Globe, not the Moon.
>>
>>14355437
Every time.
>>
>>14355869

WHAAAAAAT
>>
>>14355658

I'm so proud of you wow man.
>>
>>14355877
Wait, now that I think about it they never said if he was actually from Venus Globe or just went to Venus Globe and saw all that shit.
>>
File: 1440298732264.png (326KB, 481x613px) Image search: [Google]
1440298732264.png
326KB, 481x613px
>>14355881
>>14355724
What the fuck?
>>
>>14355894
Nah, he's from Venus Globe. Apparently there was an "incident" in Rosario 10 regarding him according to Skeleton Koyasu and the Rose of Hermes blueprints are from Venus Globe.

Maybe Cumpa tried to entice the Venusians into taking back Earth or something
>>
>>14355658
go to bed abicion.
>>
>>14352067
No, when I finished, it felt like Prometheus to me.

Very, very pretty and visually fantastic but hopelessly convoluted and empty.
>>
A line that bothered me was "G-Self came from space! Don't you know what that means?!"
In later episodes Cumpa said something about Raraiya coming from space means space fleet from Towasanga being a threat, but Bellri wouldn't know that.
>>
File: 1409481577329.png (290KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
1409481577329.png
290KB, 620x330px
>>14355437
I bet an earthnoid said this.
>>
>>14357421
space was kind of like a sacred place for SU cordists wan't it? it kinda had to do with implications that the g-self may have been some holy sign from the SU-Cord
>>
>>14357421
It means it's a messenger of the gods clearly
>>
>>14353575

/m/ is generally retarded when it comes to abstract thought and understanding sentiments, big surprise.
>>
>>14351698
>Is it just me or does the dialogue in this show seem to make absolutely no sense. I'm wondering if Tomino is really off his rocker here or if the subtitles are just poorly translated. Like "The Earth is... Not Square" makes no sense. I don't speak fluent Japanese but there certainly seem to be some errors from what I know. I found the [AG] subs but they never finished the show it seems and there are no Seeders for their torrents. Does anyone have a better source of subs for this show?

Many a critic can be hurled towards G-Reco, its use of language is not one of them. I understand the intellect of a tv audience is close to zero, but man you surely get it that not all dialogue has to be understood literally. There is such a concept as a metaphor.
>>
>>14355437
TheWorldIsSquare.com was Squaresoft's old website before the Enix buyout.

Tomino is lamenting the passing of text-only rpg's as a staple of japanese gaming culture. See, in the old days you could play those games like reading a book. There was no rush, it waited for you to be ready for the next line, next scene, next attack, etc. The dialogue was shown a sentence at a time and you could take your time to ponder the meaning of everything before moving on to the next line, just like a book. Newer rpg's, though, are dialogue-intensive and highly cinematic. The focus has shifted from immersive story to immersive graphics and flashy attacks. It's all bright flashing colors and the important dialogue goes by only once and at its own pace, so if you don't grasp it immediately you're lost wondering why the situation changed from what it was to what it is, and why it will change again. All you have left is mandatory scripted battles with little context or relevance, and a general feeling that all this conflict is an exercise in futility between your hero party and the one manipulator instigating the conflict.

Sound familiar?
>>
I thought "The earth is not square" was supposed to represent that you didn't have to pick a side.

IE: The earth is round, and thus has no sides.
>>
>>14361485
Everything said in anime must be taken literally anon. No room for metaphors only lewd double entendres in harem anime for depraved otaku.

By the way did you know that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old? It's said the Earth and our entire being came about as a result of the Big Bang.

The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the universe from the earliest known periods through its subsequent large-scale evolution. The model accounts for the fact that the universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state, and offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background, large scale structure and Hubble's Law. If the known laws of physics are extrapolated beyond where they have been verified, there is a singularity. Some estimates place this moment at approximately 13.8 billion years ago, which is thus considered the age of the universe. After the initial expansion, the universe cooled sufficiently to allow the formation of subatomic particles, and later simple atoms. Giant clouds of these primordial elements later coalesced through gravity to form stars and galaxies.
>>
>>14361485
>I thought "The earth is not square" was supposed to represent that you didn't have to pick a side.

But you do, Aida was being hopelessly naive at best or at worst duplicitous
>>
>>14361378
>metaphor
4chan is filled with autists. Abstract language isn't something that autists are good with. It's why on places like say, /a/, the moment someone try to use analogies and metaphors, the thread derails because everyone starts to miss the point and begging to literally dissect the comparisons because it isn't an exact 1:1 situation, thereby ditching the need for the analogies to begin with. Incidentally, it's on similar sentiments that one someone does try to read between the lines, you can see people throwing 'fan wank/ head canon/ you're just making shit up' around.
>>
>>14352448
>G-Reco was just mediocre.
No. Shit you can argue, but g-reco was anything but mediocre. One of the very few anime actually trying something different in the past few years.
>>
>>14352234
The actually do in G-Reco, the pilot seats double as toilets.

Just saying.
>>
>>14363737
Talking about how it relates irl ya dingus. Imagine if your car doubles as toilet seat, you'd still yell at the guy driving like an asshole even if he can't hear you.
>>
>>14363421
>One of the very few anime actually trying something different in the past few years.

At the very least for Gundam.

How successful it was is up for some debate, but it's hard to say G-Reco wasn't ambitious as Gundam goes, albeit to a fault.
>>
>>14364083
Uh...my car doesn't need to have a toilet seat for me to talk shit to idiot drivers who can't hear me. That's pretty normal behavior, i think. I also talk shit to computer-controlled enemies on video games. And some people even yell shit like "NO, DON'T GO IN THE BASEMENT, YOU DUMBASS!" during horror movies (I don't do this one, but I've known several people who do).

The problem with using this explanation in anime is that the other characters very often reply to each other even though it makes no sense for them to have their comms open to the enemy.
>>
File: 1466144912614-1.png (361KB, 850x716px) Image search: [Google]
1466144912614-1.png
361KB, 850x716px
>>14352110
>In the case of "Cagalli is crying", Cagalli represents the monarchy of Orb, and therefore represents Orb itself, as monarchy is nation, and kings can do no wrong. Therefore if Cagalli is crying, Orb is crying, and something should be done about it.

This might be the dumbest thing I've read on /m/
>>
>>14368658
SEED Destiny was a smart show shut it.
>>
File: 1465715288197.png (376KB, 698x860px) Image search: [Google]
1465715288197.png
376KB, 698x860px
>>14352954
>I'm fucking retarded
>>
>>14368626
>my car doesn't need to have a toilet for me to talk shit
Obviously, but some people don't understand comparisons that aren't 1:1

>The problem with using this explanation in anime is that the other characters very often reply to each other even though it makes no sense for them to have their comms open to the enemy.
But they don't reply to each other or have comms open to their enemies. I don't get what's so hard to understand they're just talking shit. People do it irl, why not in anime? Plus, contact link means they'll hear each other during clashes anyway, so obviously they'd respond sometimes.
>>
>>14352296
>>14351698
I thought it was a clunky allusion to flat-world thinking
>>
>>14368658

It's true though, Fukuda is a monarchy fetishist, and therefore an enemy of justice, because justice is embodied by the Republic
>>
>>14352954
>If everyone just agreed that Tomino wasn't a very good writer
But anon, we don't agree on that.

"Martha" WAS retarded BECAUSE everyone thought it was stupid. The fact that NOT everyone thinks what Tomino writes is retarded shows that people disagree on it and thus it's not retarded as a fact.
>>
>>14363421
And failing spectacularly at it. This ain't no Yuasa shit, this was the rushed cliff-notes of a four cour series.
>>
>>14352159
>Why do pilots vocalize so many random quips in their cockpits? Their comms are not on and no one else can hear them.
Maybe I'm weird, but I vocalize a lot when I'm playing video games. Shit like "I got you now!" and the like.
>>
>>14372509

You're weird, but you're not alone.
>>
>>14368665
Oh god, who made this?
>>
>>14370927
>And failing spectacularly at it
Nah you're just really fucking stupid
>>
>>14372509
This, exactly. Plenty of people vocalize when they think no one else can hear them, especially if they're caught up in a moment.
>>
>>14368664
>misunderstanding "Cagalli is crying" this HARD
Athrun is blaming Kira and Cagalli for the chaotic battle. Kira is saying that Athrun shouldn't blame Cagalli as if she did it on purpose, because what happened was so far from what she was trying to do that she was in tears.
"Cagalli is crying" just means "this isn't what she wanted AT ALL" not some weird representation of Orb's politics.

What Cagalli tried to do was use her authority to stop the battle from even happening. And it would have worked, too, if it weren't for her fiance lying and saying that she was an impostor. She was so close to preventing senseless violence but someone fucked it up for her and she was heartbroken about it and therefore should not be blamed for the situation at hand.
>>
>>14373136
It's even worse than that. Most of the soldiers basically knew it was her and that the whole situation was bullshit, but the larger global politics didn't leave them a choice. If they tried to be neutral like her they'd just be attacked from both sides, and end up burned like her dad. The only thing they could do was to fight, and to go out as horribly and shockingly as they could to make it costly to the ORB government.
>>
>>14373101
nice troll.
>>
>>14363421
A show being of mediocre quality doesn't mean it can't have anything unique about it.
>>
Why are we blaming Tomino? He's not the sole writer. Dude gives concepts and an outline of the characters and what episodes entail, but he's not doing the day to day dialogue writing and all of that. Sure he probably goes over each script and okays them or suggests changes here and there, but it's not all him.
>>
>>14375596
Although you're not wrong, it still did have the plot, action, and animation to carry it as a great series even if we don't ignore pacing and dialogue.

>>14375647
Actually he was. The only parts he did aside from lead direction were the eyecatches and script.
>>
>>14375757
>The only parts he did aside from lead direction were the eyecatches and script.
He worked on the storyboards too.
>>
>>14375647
Directors for anime have a lot more creative influence than you'd think. And if it wasn't him then why is Tominospeak in all of his shows? Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>14375647
People blame the most prominent and well-known name in production. That changes depending on whether the director or writer is more well-known.
>>
>>14375822
I'm getting really fed up with Tomino's 9 billion different pen names.
>>
>>14375984
He actually used his usual pen name for storyboards. And another one for the lyrics and voice acting.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=29367
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=8416
>>
>>14351698
>>14352062
I always assumed people who didnt immediately interpret it as that were just shitposting
>>
File: b-bakana.jpg (372KB, 698x860px) Image search: [Google]
b-bakana.jpg
372KB, 698x860px
>>14368665
>Not the updated version
>>
After watching the first three episodes of IBO dub with my friend, I decided to give G-Reco a shot.

After the first, two episodes I'm hooked. The animation, character design, and mood is refreshing; like eating a juicy watermelon after a long trek.

I enjoyed IBO and G-reco, so I'm looking forward to see how both proceed. Though I can see why they put IBO on Toonami- it has a lot more mass appeal.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.