[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/lnbl9CZ9tOI Could any mobile suit or variable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: Q450-quadcopter-kopen.jpg (80KB, 999x661px) Image search: [Google]
Q450-quadcopter-kopen.jpg
80KB, 999x661px
https://youtu.be/lnbl9CZ9tOI
Could any mobile suit or variable fighter possibily defeat a gigantic quadcopter? Of course not, mechs aren't realistic.
>>
>>14327337
Say that to my face not on Mars motherfucker
>>
It's time to go to sleep /sgg/
>>
File: 1463431086076.jpg (595KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463431086076.jpg
595KB, 1920x1080px
>>14327337
>FIN FUNNELS GO!
>>
>>14327337
Nope
>>
>>14327337

Put in it space and let's see how useful it is.
>>
File: 1440104233819.jpg (74KB, 874x402px) Image search: [Google]
1440104233819.jpg
74KB, 874x402px
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 1166x836px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 1166x836px
It already did.
>>
>>14328694
About as useful as a big metal man would be.
>>
>>14327337
I think I have found out maker of those videos that my friends on fb unironically shared as next gen tech.
>>
>>14328839
AMBAC is a thing, anon.
>>
>Could any mobile suit or variable fighter possibily defeat a gigantic quadcopter? Of course not, mechs aren't realistic.
Neither is that quadcopter yet there it is blowing up an entire army.
>>
Thanks for making /m/ feel better by posting a fictional weapon so outlandish and technically implausible it makes mechs look like the M2 Browning.
>>
>>14327337
As terrifying as the earthquake coffin and the in-car grocery store.
>>
>>14329006
MY FAMILY!
>>
>>14327337
Why don't we focus on developing actual funnels?
>>
>>14329451
By the time people can manipulate particles in thin air, funnel will be a very outdated stupid concept.
>>
>>14329451
Because we don't have minovsky jamming irl and can conduct bvr combat already?
>>
>>14329451

Because funnels are fucking stupid.

Its all of the disadvantages of drone weapons with none of the upsides. They are so small that they have no room for ammo or fuel, giving them a useful lifespan measured in seconds, hardly enough time to get far enough away from the deployment zone. Their small size means that even ignoring ammo restrictions, the built in gun won't have much in the way of stopping power anyway. And even if it did, you could never fire it because any gun powerful enough to matter will have a recoil to it that will send the funnel spiraling helplessly away, sending your shot into the wild unknown.

And you are expecting a single pilot to control half a dozen of these, or more, simultaneously. While piloting their own craft as well.

So until you can get all of the functionality and power of a fighter jet, ammo and fuel included, into a device the size of a large dog? AND come up with a powerful AI capable of controlling it for you? Its a totally inane concept. You would have better luck building a remote control that you can point at the enemy and then hit 'Change Channel' until they turn into something that isn't as threatening. Or Pause. Pause works too.
>>
>>14329535
Don't funnels exist solely because of Minovsky particles and Newtypes?
>>
File: hive frigate.jpg (5KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
hive frigate.jpg
5KB, 300x228px
>>14329539

In setting? Sure. But just by existing the Funnel disproves the entire military legitimacy of mobilesuits.

If you can pack the maneuverability and firepower to kill a mobilesuit/a battleship onto something as small as a funnel, then there is no excuse for anything like a MS to exist in the first place. Just build bigger funnels with more room for ammo and fuel and send them on hunter seeker missions. If you still need newtype control, you put that Newtype on a battleship protected by lots of armor and cannons, not a robot they are piloting themselves.

If you don't have the technology for funnels to be practical, they are worthless. If Funnels are even remotely viable, then a Hive Frigate setup makes mobilesuits laughably obsolete because they can deliver all of the offensive ability of mobilesuits from a safe distance at a fraction of the cost.
>>
>>14329580
> Just build bigger funnels with more room for ammo and fuel
Those are called bits. And Gundam X took it to its logical conclusion with the G-Bits.
>>
>>14329580

In universe they do still need newtypes (they're wired for non-newtypes and too complicated, expensive and worthless even then) and can't just make wolf packs of them because they only have maybe two newtypes at a given time. Yes, they could definitely do more with them than put them in an MS and call it a day, but they couldn't reasonably use your idea either due to newtype scarcity.
>>
File: funnels.jpg (99KB, 850x585px) Image search: [Google]
funnels.jpg
99KB, 850x585px
>>14329585

> logical conclusion
> its just a remote controlled mobilesuit

So you are keeping the pilot somewhere safe. That's good. That's a real step in the right direction. But they lose more points than they gained by keeping it a fucking mobilesuit in all other respects.

Take a look at the picture I have here. You see those little funnels? You remember how maneuverable those were?

You notice how they dont have arms or legs?

Thats why the existence of funnels proves that AMBAC is bullshit. It clearly is not needed for balance and reorientation in space, just putting decent thruster placement does the job just fine and is apparently so much better than AMBAC that you have to be psychic to reliably counter it.

A funnel that size of a mobilesuit, but shaped and designed like a funnel, is superior to a MS in every respect sans hand to hand combat and laundry utility. Neither of which is going to matter against it in a fight.
>>
>>14329619
> What is mass
> What is inertia
> What is momentum
>>
>>14329619
The purpose of Ambac is that it preserves propellant, not that it's faster.
>>
>>14329623

Thats exactly why a larger funnel would be more effective. In space, there is no air resistance. Bigger thrusters = better maneuverability and speed.

The increased mass solves itself as long as you are not adding in dead weight for no reason, or unless your bigger engines for some reason have worse thrust/weight ratios, implying they are not even based on the same technology.
>>
>>14329638
Except the more mass you have, the more propellant you need, which increases your mass, which increases the propellant, which...

Sure, you _can_ have an MA that goes superfast, but you'll run out of fuel real quick.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (141KB, 306x538px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
141KB, 306x538px
>>14329619
>>14329623
>>14329629
>>14329638
>>14329656
This is what you guys are talking about, right?
>>
>>14329661
>>
>>14329656

I didn't realize that the same thrusters that allow mobilesuits to zip around the battlefield fail and become too costly to use when you cut the arms and legs off of the design.

Fuel/Propellant clearly isn't an issue for Gundam. We have seen mobilsuits run off by themselves and, totally without carrier support or refueling, make trips across the Earth Sphere that take days.
>>
>>14329729
> Trying to argue for what you consider to be a more realistic design
> Using unrealistic physics in Gundam as a basis for your argument
>>
>>14329734

Why would you think that I was arguing that a 100% realistic spacecraft would compare to a space fighter that have magic unlimited energy fusion reactors with particle beams that ignore all armor?

Obviously Gundam has unrealistic technologies. That doesn't change the fact that their application of those technologies is pants on head retarded.

Gundam is like Aldnoah Zero: clearly superior technology, used for the dumbest things possible with only the most lazy of handwaves to attempt justification.
>>
>>14329597
The elemeth was what MA and funnels/bits should have been
>>
>>14329729
>We have seen mobilsuits run off by themselves and, totally without carrier support or refueling, make trips across the Earth Sphere that take days.

Depends on the series/setting. UC is the one that generally uses the AMBAC hand wave and they're usually pretty consistant about the whole propellant and base support thing.
>>
>>14329790

In Unicorn, Riddeh took Mineva into his MS cockpit and ran off with her back to Earth, a trip that was going to take 3 days. So he flew for three days and then performed re-entry in an MS that had already been mission deployed for a while (and participated in some light combat as I recall).

I don't think they much care about propellant.
>>
>>14329810
What exactly did he use for reentry? Because in almost all UC series I know of with reentry, it's very dangerous if you don't have something specifically designed for it or don't use Minovsky craft to perform a very slow descent.
>>
>>14329810
>So he flew for three days and then performed re-entry in an MS that had already been mission deployed for a while (and participated in some light combat as I recall).
>I don't think they much care about propellant.

You don't need to be constantly firing your engines to do that first part once you build up initial velocity.
>>
File: m146_m0002.jpg (420KB, 1068x1511px) Image search: [Google]
m146_m0002.jpg
420KB, 1068x1511px
>>14329817
The delta plus is part of the zeta series. One of the main prposes of the original zeta's waverider mode was to preform unnasisted atmospheric re-entry. Not saying everything in the zeta family can, but the delta plus doing it has precedent.
>>
>>14327337
http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=rMQHHObgnSg&video_start=3&audio=0DiKK90uZlQ&audio_start=0
>>
>>14329837
Poor Delta Gundam.
>>
>>14329829

I don't think any unit in Gundam has ever given a shit about that. Ships go at full burn all the time from what I recall, not just build up velocity and then cut engines.
>>
>>14329853
This chart was made before delta gundam lineart was officially released. Hence it just being a silhouette.
>>
>>14327337
Not practical
>>
Who needs mechs when you have Russian tank drones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9xqdoDc3oI
>>
>>14327337
So the flag with extra props
>>
>>14329580
ironically enough funnels in universe are an argument for NT based weapons like Elmeth and other mobile armors, so in universe you aren't 100% wrong!
>>
>>14336368
> Wheels
Enjoy your uncrossable terrain.
>>
>>14336960
Wheels go everywhere.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.