[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I attended an /m/ related Jeopardy panel at a local CON.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1706.jpg (53KB, 519x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1706.jpg
53KB, 519x388px
The final category was about Gainax.

NONE of the six contestants could answer this question. I facepalmed so fucking hard.
>>
>>14317736
Diebuster right?

I'm probably gonna look like an idiot if I'm wrong but I haven't seen it or gunbuster and it's the only thing I can think of.
>>
>>14317736

>empty chairs

Oh wow looks like it was 3 people? Seems sad.

>>14317751

I have only cared about Gunbustah, so I would nto have known "Diebuster" off hand. I'd have to think about the name.
>>
>>14317755

I'd say there were about 45-50 people in attendance. The had about 80 seats.
>>
>>14317751
Considering it's the Gainax category, seems right.
>>
>>14317736
What else could the answer be besides Diebuster?
>>
>>14317736
How long did you have to answer? I figured it out but it took me like 40 seconds at least.
>>
>>14317736
I watched gunbuster maybe a dozen times but I forgot it was '88 and didn't realize daibuster was 2004.

Has it really been that fucking long? I remember it coming out like it was yesterday.
>>
>>14317782

At least thirty seconds...it was more than enough time.
>>
OP here...iirc the audio double jeopardy was to identify THIS song...none of the contestants could get it. ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-CAlIn0-nQ
>>
>>14317809
I assume they didn't accept "[what is] Totsugeki Love Heart."
>>
>>14317809
So what HAVE they seen?
>>
>>14317809
It's hardly surprising that Macross 7 isn't well known.
>>
>>14317809
What human could possibly remember that clusterfuck of a melody name? I doubt Kawamori even remembers.
>>
>>14317736
man this reminds me of a Mecha panel at Anime Expo(the one in Los Angeles) a couple years ago that was just dreadful, it was basically a tournament between various mecha and robotic characters from across fiction, and the people in charge of judging who'd win each round were some of the most boneheaded I've ever seen, they had no idea what they were talking about, if I recall properly in the final round it came down to some robot bitch from Blade Runner of all things, and I think one of the Terminators, despite things like the RX-78, Optimus Prime, and freaking Eva Unit-01 being in previous rounds
>>
>>14317736
>I facepalmed so fucking hard.

Congrats. You quote unquote WON a silly anime contest. I bet your parents are proud this is what you're doing with your collage life.
>>
>>14318074
You can't even spell "college", you dumblefuck.
>>
>>14318074
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>14317836

No...the moderator knew his stuff.
>>
>congoers

puketan.jpg
>>
>>14318103

OP here...I only went to meet the great Shinji Aramaki.
>>
>>14317736
Is there a video of this? I'm somewhat interested.
>>
>>14317736
Cons are routinely attended by casuals who don't actually have very extensive subject matter knowledge about the thing they claims to be fans of.

Being a real obsessive nerd and encountering casuals can be very distressing and fill you with feelings of hatred and disgust. Better to stay in the basement posting on somali basket weaving boards.
>>
>>14318074
>collage life

now hear me out /m/

A mechanoid made of digital cameras which terrorizes people with thousands of pictures of their loved ones before it murders them
>>
I've always wanted to do something like this at a con but have it be like a name that anime bgm kind of thing, but after reading this I'm not even interested anymore.
>>
>>14319301
>attended by casuals who don't actually have very extensive subject matter knowledge about the thing they claims to be fans of
So just like 4chan?
>>
>>14321393
Fund it!
>>
Everybody wanted to yell "Diebuster" but stopped themselves at the last moment because they didn't wanna look like nerds
>>
>>14317736
I wouldn't call it a "direct" sequel

I might not even call it any kind of sequel
>>
>>14323165
you said it because techinically occurs before the original series ends(noriko and kasumi returning to earth) or because you didn't like it?
>>
>>14323270
because the events of the two have nothing to do with each other until they dig up the black hole
>>
>>14317736
Dix Neuf
>>
>>14327968
deez nuts
>>
>>14317736
On a related note, I won $20 at a local con's anime trivia contest. One of the questions was Gunbuster related . . . every other person on stage said FLCL, even after the first guy was told he was wrong.
>>
>>14328166
What was the question?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.