[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is Gundam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Hi /m/

The last thing new from Gundam I watched was the Unicorn OVA... Since then, I haven't watched anything Gundam related, because I feel like it is just a bunch of cheap kid show with nothing really new, interesting, or even in the spirit of Gundam. I always thought Gundam was a real robot scifi anime, with deep character interactions and wars in space, interesting stories with a lot of geopolitical stuff put in-between character relationships... And what I saw from AGE, Reconguista or even Build Fighter sound really disappointing in regards to my expactations about a Gundam show. Am I wrong? Why do people watch those show? Is Iron Blooded Orphan any different? What is going on with the Gundam franchise anyway?
>>
(you)
nice pasta bro. bait's super stale however.
>>
>>14315860
No bait intended, I would love to hear more about your opinion on the matter.
>>
>>14315854
>I always thought Gundam was a real robot scifi anime,
it was realer than what had largely been done before, but still not necessarily real. the insane development pace of early UC is proof of that.

>with deep character interactions
using the term deep is never ever not bait.

>and wars in space
I wish. far to many gundam series are about and largely take place on earth.

>interesting stories with a lot of geopolitical stuff put in-between character relationships...
thats always been a fluffy backdrop thing rather than a concentrated foreground one.
>>
>>14315854
IBO is the new Wing/00: the cool, edgy mecha anime for teens
AGE and BF are for kids.
Reconguista... It's different. It has those thing you pointed, but it's a fairly positive show, you will not suffer from the horrors of war if you see it.
>>
>>14315922
>I wish. far to many gundam series are about and largely take place on earth.
Space fights are boring as fuck, though.
>lol let's not have an environment to affect the battle let's just do a bunch of shots of robots shooting lasers and exploding
>>
>>14316039
if they do it right, and they have done it right before, space battles aren't boring. early zz had a battle in which dummy asteroids and real ones were fucking people up. space terrain and the whole 360 degrees of space around people can lead to great battles. and if we need earth-like battles there's always the moon and colonies available.
>>
>>14316005
Is Reconguista close to what you can have in the UC?

>>14315922
>it was realer than what had largely been done before, but still not necessarily real. the insane development pace of early UC is proof of that.
It's probably a misnomer, since the whole Newtype bullshit always come into play in the stories of the UC. But it feels realistic enough to be more of a show about war and it's consequences, rather than a show about a hero winning because <insert random quality here> is strong in him. UC felt that way for me anyway... the recents Gundam, not so much. Gundam tends to slide to the Super Robot genre from my perspective...

>I wish. far to many gundam series are about and largely take place on earth.
True, but I was refering to the scope of the story/war, involving most of the time space colonies (in the UC timeline especially). That's one of the thing I appreciate the most in Gundam, war on Earth just doesn't have the same impact and feels as a conflict involving space, and it put a lot of things into perspective. Even if the show had some bad flaws, that's one of the reason why I appreciated Gundam SEED, it was basically a reboot of the UC with some fresh new ideas, and the scope of the story involving a conflict with PLANT made everything more interesting. It kinda relates to my wish of having a story with strong geopolitics in it. The space elevators in G00 were another good idea changing the scope and scale of warfare, and it made the show (the first season in fact) quite interesting in terms of geopolitics.
>>
>>14315854
Try Gundam Thunderbolt. I never really cared about the Gundam franchise as a whole (I only liked Turn A and G Gundam) but it actually made me give a damn about the series, I'm even considering re watching the UC originals.
>>
File: 1464939178630.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464939178630.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>14316122
>Is Reconguista close to what you can have in the UC?
Different anon. It's somewhere inbetween UC and Turn A in tone, mostly because it's not always super consistent. Since it's technically a sequel to UC, it's pretty consistent with UC theming even if it's not as dark as most of them. Unlike Turn A and the average UC series, though, the pacing is breakneck fast and exposition is often incredibly oblique. I personally find that those things complement Tomino's direction more, and as a result, G-Reco is probably the most lifelike series I've ever seen, even compared to 0079.
>>
>>14315854
I always leave out BF and BFT from my general opinions and expectations of Gundam. They're like the Smash Bros of the series, so they're going to be extremely different than real robot shows.
>>
GUNDAM IS DEAD.
I THOUGHT NIPS WERE SO TIGHT WITH THEIR HONOR AND RESPECT SHIT.
RIP IN PEACE 1979-1999.
GOODNIGHT SWEET PRINCE.
>>
>>14318153
>RIP IN PEACE 1979-1999.
So... Gundam Wing is good then?
>>
>>14325410
It's the greatest.
>>
>>14325421
The first OP was nice. That's all I have to say.
>>
>>14325435
I'm sure a lot of it is because of nostalgia, but I thought the Heavyarms vs. Tallgeese duel in the Arctic was pretty great.
>>
>>14315854
>What is going on with the Gundam franchise anyway?
Same thing as always.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.