[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's aquarion logos dudes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: 10352820a.jpg (159KB, 1082x709px) Image search: [Google]
10352820a.jpg
159KB, 1082x709px
How's aquarion logos dudes?
>>
>>14310498
I'm not sure if it was real or just a really strong delusion we all woke up from.
>>
>>14310498
Decent.
>>
>>14310498
It redeem the franchise from the horrible turd that was EVOL.

So yeah, go watch it.
>>
Starts vaguely shitty. Turns into arguably the best Aquarion.
>>
File: 1464744244406.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1464744244406.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
I'm mainly asking this because I saw this image and it kinda got my interest in the show
>>
>>14310608
Why did he feel the need to mention Godzilla twice in that last paragraph?
>>
First half will be pretty boring if you're not familiar with the Japanese language. Second half is when the plot kicks into high gear, but it's also when the entire show starts to focus solely on the main characters so I hope you weren't attached to the side cast. It also features one of the dumbest plot twists in the series that is literally impossible to see coming because even when it's actually revealed on screen it come across as fucking retarded.

At least the ending was funny.
>>
>>14310570

This.

It's frankly the re-engineered Aquarion; They took away everything to see exactly how much they needed to make Aquarion.

Apparently, it's wordplay, passionate characters, reincarnation and wacky hijinks.

It even made up for the soulless 2nd half of EVOL.

Subete is the best cuckold/er
>>
>>14310498
It ended up being close to what EVOL should have been all along. The only real faults in the end are the boring first half, the stupid plot twist, and the lack of Akino except for two times where they play OSORE and the first opening to the original (which were probably the best moments in the series when they DID play).
>>
>>14310731
>>14310949
>plot twist
>dumb
Which twist are you referring to?

Because if you're talking about the Nesta can't read bit, I can't say I agree. That was absolutely brilliant, and I still don't understand why some people complain about it.
>>
File: valvrager begins 1.jpg (147KB, 1121x329px) Image search: [Google]
valvrager begins 1.jpg
147KB, 1121x329px
>>14310723

That's just how alienhulk / Valvrager is.
>>
>>14310957

I agree completely

Language was literally the enemy for her, and her entire plan/goal was to destroy it out of vengeance for separating her from her love. The fact that the separation came from misunderstanding rather than distance/emotion would not have significantly influenced her anger. It's also a very organic conclusion to discussing the nature of expressing yourself through language.

It's also hilariously tragic; A great and powerful priestess finds herself completely at the mercy of something so taken for granted.
>>
once it got going I love it.

Maia best
>>
>>14310498
Hey, Rick.
>>
>>14310498
Its Aquarion for hipsters. Think people who say Bayformers 3 is good just because its not as bad as the 2. The series is lacking in damn near everything that makes the franchise appealing and as bad as EVOL was at least it wasn't boring.
>>
>>14311337

It has everything that makes the series appealing
>>
>>14310498
It's the only good Aquarion.
>>
File: press x to skip cutscene.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
press x to skip cutscene.webm
2MB, 960x540px
Fucking loved it.

It was a 9/10 until the final eps then pic related happened and it became 10/10
>>
>>14310957
Akira was the one who promised to protect White Haired Zessica.

And then you watch a kid wake up in the middle of a night for no fucking reason to go to the park for no fucking reason to go comfort some random girl by swearing to protect her FOR NO FUCKING REASON WHAT THE HELL.
>>
>>14311856
It doesn't for one thing it lacks MotW antics and the cast is incredibly weak
>>
>>14312319

It lacks neither of those things, retard. Watch the show before you badmouth it.
>>
>>14312319
the first half was pure MotW language worldplay zen koan bullshit, which is amazing considering there isn't a Fudou this time around to explain it for you

the second half still has some MotW bullshit like the glorious Ghostbusters parody episode too

>>14311928
I didn't mind the twist too much since there's explanations for all of the shit happening. Akira's there because he's a potential Kiryu reincarnation, kids waking up and wandering around at night is not that surprising, and the declaration of protection is something kids do all the time and tend to forget about when they grow up, if japanese romantic comedies have taught me correctly

joking aside it didn't irk me as much because Akira's character always struck me as autistic enough to actually stick to a promise he can't remember for the longest time
>>
File: a.jpg (289KB, 1086x1920px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
289KB, 1086x1920px
>>
>>14310959
It's been proven they're not the same guy, nice try Valvrager
>>
>>14310498
Best anime of the decade
>>14310608
Pretty accurate image
>>14310723
Lack of proofreading
>>
I couldn't get over how the MC looks like a fucking mong from every angle.
>>
>>14312327
He might be thinking of EVOL
>>
>>14312614

I love Maia
>>
>>14311856
A Yoko Kanno soundtrack, Akino/Bless4, and awesome Kawamori mecha designs? Those are what hooked me on the original.
>>
>>14314863
No EVOL had MotW
>>
>>14315012
And given how LOGOS bombed hard you're not alone. This was just lacking in every department that you had to wonder why did they even bother to make it?
>>
>>14315078

Yoko Kanno still exists
Akino still exists
Kawamori still exists

If you want those, go get them. I'm here for Aquarion.
>>
>>14315078
>This was just lacking in every department
But that's wrong, it has the best characters, the best love story and the best conclusion.
>>
Can I watch this without having seen EVOL?
>>
>>14317285

Yes.
>>
Only thing I hated about the show is Comedy bro dying
>>
>>14317285
Yes. Logos pulls a Digimon Tamers and jumps ship to a whole new setting that has nothing to do with the original.
>>
File: 1436644810709.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1436644810709.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14317475
>Logos is Tamers
Well there better not ever be another series since it's all downhill from here.
>>
I really enjoyed EVOL.
>>
>>14317548

you know what. I liked Frontier. fuck you. It at least tried shit.
>>
>>14317548
Savers was cool, fuck you.
>>
>>14315103
>I'm here for Aquarion.
Then its not in LOGOS
>>14316575
>it has the best characters, the best love story and the best conclusion.
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>14315103
Here's the thing though. Unlike other anime that have other aspects to why they were successful to make a franchise out of, the SOLE reason Aquarion is a franchise and didn't just die after the first entry was because of it's theme song. The original Genesis series was a complete bomb, but it's music and especially it's OP songs' popularity is what kept it going, in this case, it was Kanno and Akino/bless4. And I also think not having Kawamori involved didn't help either, but my point is on the music.

Sure those things still exist, but without those things, the series just wasn't going to be popular. To make a comparison since it's the same studio and all, it would be like making a new Symphogear series with a new cast but no Nana Mizuki or Elements Garden doing the music or having a different writer than Kaneko. These things are more than just appeal, it's part of its entire existence
>>
so did best girl win the bowl?
>>
>>14318809

While I appreciate the components that give Aquarion common appeal, there are actual merits to the show that are often ignored for the more impressive components.

I'm a fan of these smaller blessings. EVOL had all the power behind it that SnA had, but lacked any of the soul. LOGOS is the opposite.

Between the two, we almost have a single good sequel to SnA
>>
>>14310971
So is Maia a reincarnation of Touma/Mykage?
>>
>>14318701
>no arguments
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>14319559
No. Touma/Mykage don't exist in that universe. There were no shadow angels. In Logos land the war 1200 years ago was between illiterate wizards, and literate SCIENCE! users.
>>
Logos didn't have the stuff that people remember Aquarion for, no AKINO/Kanno, no Kawamori designs.

But it certainly did have the other parts of Aquarion down, the whacky cast, the weird but funny shit happening, etc. It was fun, and unlike Evol, the drama wasn't as annoying thanks to the main couple being rather amusing people.
>>
>>14319594
>illiterate wizards
I didn't know 4chan fought in a war.
>>
Was Akira's theme in the 1st OST? I didn't notice it there. Does anyone have the 2nd OST?
>>
>>14320801

There was an OST? All ive been able to find where May'n singles
>>
>>14320905
Yes. OST1 is hard to find but it's out there, I can't find OST2 at all and I have a feeling I never will.
>>
I miss Daitrome
>>
I thought it was the most "Feel good" of all the Aquarions. I'll admit I got a higher enjoyment watching EVOL but Logos never made me feel angry about the characters and I'm not even a Zessicafag. The relationships between them and their interactions were really fun to watch in Logos. I'm just a bit bummed out with the action compared to the original and EVOL. This show could've been better if it dropped the Aquarion name and become it's own original thing.
>>
>>14310498
Servicable
>>
>>14310498
It's the best Aquarion period.
>>
Are we getting BD rips for this or are we stuck with Funi?
>>
>>14310498
I liked how logos was the evil Aquarion.
>>
>>14328831
I doubt anyone cares to rip them.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.