[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Ashita no Joe /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

Is Ashita no Joe /m/?
>>
/m/ might as well become /ar/ at some point.
>>
>>14309348
Honestly, that wouldn't bother me too much.
>>
>>14309398
I'm certain that after old Tommy dies and everything becomes CG there will be nothing new to talk about anymore.
To fill in the gab we would have to become /ar/
>>
>>14309348
/m/ is a dumping ground, everytime some other media has something vaguely related to /m/ the cross-boarder will make another shit post "is X /m/?" and went on to make the same discussions that can be found on the board that it originally came from.

But I like idea of /ar/.
>>
>>14309398
It would to me, although an /ar/ board might be cool in a few years. After Hiroshima gets his shit together and stops creating a new board every four months I'd be more open to it. Of course, it would mean a lot of discussion would be lost from /a/ and /m/ and a new breed of shitposting/memes would arrive and affect both /m/ and the hypothetical /ar/ but if some people are willing to pay the price, I'd understand.
>>
>>14309408
I don't really know if there's a need for an /ar/ at this point. Since so much of old anime that these communities care about is mecha or /m/ related, all that would be left is like, tezuka manga and old niche shows that probably wouldn't be enough to fill a whole board. Plus you'd get the whole NOT RETRO shit going on that still plagues /vr/ to this day, and people posting robot shit being told "go to /m/" while people posting old anime in /m/ get told to "go to /ar/"

It is a nice thought though, as a person who enjoys old anime, but I just don't think it would work.
>>
>>14309246
What would he pilot?
>>
>>14309478
I mean, it's pretty obvious.
>>
>>14309398
I like /m/ as it is. I don't want an /ar/

We're not the nostalgia board, we talk about robots.
>>
>>14309478
Gundam Maxter seems like the obvious choice
>>
>>14309441
My main concern is that such a board would mostly have Dbz and cowboy fucktard threads which are already frequent on /a/. If /ar/ were to exist in a somewhat sophisticated shape, it should only allow discussion of anime made in the 80s or earlier
>>
Is Kasumi no Joe /m/?
>>
>>14309486
>>14309490
>angry poverty-stricken Japanese kid in the late 60s
>turns several important matches into outright brawls where he stomps people while they're down
>pilot flashy MURRICA football surfer cowboy robot with some boxing on it

It's as though people never actually read Ashita no Joe.
>>
>>14309525
Well its a unit built primarily for boxing take away the America aesthetics and it would work well for Joe that and honestly ones backstory rarely decides what mecha they'd pilot in an /m/ show
>>
>>14309525
so he should use a variant of the Shining Gundam instead then, but using a Shining Fist instead of a Shining Finger
>>
>>14309406

If /m/ is a containment board, it's by far the best one I've seen on the site. Even the trips are low key and rather amicable. As well as there being a far lower level of fetishism, like on the actual containment boards.
>>
File: big guy.jpg (125KB, 653x1050px) Image search: [Google]
big guy.jpg
125KB, 653x1050px
>>14309406
Can we talk about X now?

>>14309348
Sounds like a very good idea.
>>
No. It's not. And I'm probably the most lax person when it comes to /m/ related stuff.

I mean, it seems good from what I've heard and certainly has had influence on /m/ related material, but it's not /m/.
>>
Wait, I thought that when you turned 30, you became a wizard.

Now you're telling me I'll be a giant robot instead?

Thanks, /80s anime/!
>>
Why can't you fucktards just stick to posting mecha on the mecha board
>>
File: pineapple-2.png (155KB, 269x402px) Image search: [Google]
pineapple-2.png
155KB, 269x402px
Are pineapples /m/?
>>
>2007 /m/
>GAR was a thing
>So was honorary /m/ like Kenshiro
>2009 onwards /m/
>IS X /m/?

toku getting dumped here ruined the board culture. i like toku but /m/ has become significantly worse, or at least significantly more stupid and guillible to bait after its arrival.

but to answer OP, yes, Joe is /m/. The show is not but Joe himself is.
>>
>>14309933
>Joe is /m/. The show is not but Joe himself is.
No he's not you fucking retard.
>>
>>14309930
Just don't go making any salads out of it
>>
>>14309798
Holy shit that art is terrible.
>>
File: url.jpg (7KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7KB, 266x190px
>>14309602
Mecha is a dying genre and the dedicated fans to the genre are likely to be at the very least 23 and above, and have watched enough series of the genre to not act like newcancers and/or ledditors who fall for every FOTMs.
>>
>>14310103
>and have watched enough series of the genre to not act like newcancers and/or ledditors who fall for every FOTMs.
This came with the cost of having this board be more elitist than anything else, even to the hobby itself.
>>
>>14309246
No but Hajime no Ippo is the moment Ippo completes his 720 degree 4th dimensional dempsey roll.
>>
>>14310103
>have watched enough series of the genre to not act like newcancers

COULD
HAVE
FOOLED
ME
>>
>>14310464
That's probably because you only visit Gundam threads because you are yourself a newfag.
>>
>>14309441
>Plus you'd get the whole NOT RETRO shit going on that still plagues /vr/ to this day, and people posting robot shit being told "go to /m/" while people posting old anime in /m/ get told to "go to /ar/"

You could fix this by having /a/ be the board for only currently airing shit (like it basically already is) and then have another board for everything else.
>>
File: Gaim-PineArms.jpg (258KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Gaim-PineArms.jpg
258KB, 1440x810px
>>14309930
Yup
>>
>>14310469
>>14310469
You'd have a very valid point if 90% of threads on this board weren't Gundam threads, and the other 10% of threads consisting of 8% various tokusatsu and fucking symphogear generals among others, and 2% currently airing anime talk
>>
>>14310740
>90%
/m/ does have a shitload of Gundam threads, but not that many. There's only ever twice as many Gundam threads as there are toku threads at any given time, I think. In between those, we have shit threads like these, the occasional rec thread, video game threads, 70s and 80s threads, design student threads, threads about translations and other releases of things new and old, draw thread, meta threads (of the nature you see in this thread >>14307791 thankfully and not of posters talking about other posters)

There's enough variety here that I almost always have something to post even though I don't watch Gundam, toku, symphonoqueer or anything currently airing
>>
>>14310469
>oh shit he called me out, better call him a gendumfag

Try leaving your 80s general safety zone, faggot. The whole board is full of underage shitposters high off their own "look how superior I am to /a/" smugness while also clearly demonstrating that at best they went to Wikipedia or tvtropes to read about shows they want to talk about, instead of actually watching them.

It's been a long established problem of the board: /m/ doesn't actually watch anything it talks about. It echoes what other people have said, who echo what others have said, who echo others, until it is revealed the point of origin of all these echoes is a fucking tvtropes article.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.