[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know how I feel about this ending. What did I just watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14

File: Zan9cIu.jpg (364KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zan9cIu.jpg
364KB, 1920x1080px
I don't know how I feel about this ending. What did I just watch?
>>
File: RaphaelxTieria.jpg (127KB, 783x1100px) Image search: [Google]
RaphaelxTieria.jpg
127KB, 783x1100px
All you need to know is best boy got best gundam
>>
It's a quote most people on /m/ don't seem to understand. It's just saying that peace maintained through a gun to someone's head isn't peace, it's just borrowed time until that person tries to turn around and grab the gun.

It's something the Persians, Romans and a lot of other empires in history figured out. You want peace after you've conquered a people? Then don't put them in a postwar situation where they'll be resentful.
>>
File: 30[1].jpg (147KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
30[1].jpg
147KB, 500x667px
Why is the Brave so sexy?
>>
>>14306670

>Still no MG anything from 00 other than Setsuna shit

What the hell is wrong with Bandai?
>>
>>14306691

Ever since every Destiny kit but the SF failed to sell, they're afraid?
>>
>>14306691
>HG Celestial Being Flag never
>HG GN-X IV never
>HG Seravee II never
>HG ELS Gadelaza never
>>
File: Marute.jpg (33KB, 442x279px) Image search: [Google]
Marute.jpg
33KB, 442x279px
>>14306705
>Maruteface Harute never
>>
File: THE FLOWERS.png (634KB, 668x374px) Image search: [Google]
THE FLOWERS.png
634KB, 668x374px
>>14306657
>>
>>14306691
the MG line seems to only exist as a line of nostalgia kits for old people these days.
m-maybe we can get a real grade flag or brave
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>14306716
No Zabanya with extra bits either, or pic related.
>>
>>14306670
Raphael really is great, but that stupid fucking backpack is a travesty.

Raphael Dominions is oh so much better.

I do like the remote Seravee II though.
>>
>>14306727
Waiting for a RG that isn't a lead Gundam or Char custom is just folly.
>>
File: 1461196906807.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461196906807.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>14306737
Maybe they'll branch out more now that the line is secured
I just want to believe that the future of gunpla isn't just going to be shitty cheap hollow high grades
>>
File: Kira-Yamato01.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kira-Yamato01.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>>14306657
Basically, those only with strength will not create true peace. Sure, they can kick ass and make everyone listen to them through force, but if they fail to understand why they went to war in the first place and instead just assert their own beliefs and policies then it's only a matter of time before the peace breaks down. The people will grow to resent their conquerors, uprisals will happen and the whole dance will begin anew.

You can't just point guns at everyone and tell them to play nice. That's not peace, that's intimidation.

(Pic related doesn't understand this concept)
>>
>>14306679
Hell, it's why we can complain and shitpost about our Japanese animes and rubber bugmen in the first place.
>>
>>14306681
if it's feet didn't look so damn retarded it might be okay
>>
>>14306728
I think that's the Dynames repair actually.
>>
File: the giggling comet.gif (2MB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
the giggling comet.gif
2MB, 500x583px
>>14306727
>m-maybe we can get a real grade flag or brave
>>
>>14306657
The ELS didn't realize that they were hurting us by assimilating us. Setsuna finally achieved first contact and they made a bit of an apology with forming the giant flower. Setsuna spent 50 years with the ELS and became a human/ELS fusion, and the Qan[T] was fused with ELS as well. After those 50 years he returned to Earth.
>>
>>14306657
What did I just watch?
Probably the most enjoyable Gundam film.

And even then there are a few issues.
>>
>>14306657
you just watched a not gundam series.
>>
Can I watch this with only seeing 00 season 1?
I don't really wanna watch season 2
>>
>>14306679
>>14306882

All keep in mind that the man who said it (Albert Einstein) saw firsthand what happened to Germany when peace was maintained through force and a shitty postwar.
>>
>>14306679
It's retarded jap UNDERSTANDING hippie shit. "dur hur there will be no wars if we just talk to each other" fucking stupid
>>
>>14307592
Not really. Unless you're OK with looking everything from S2 up on the web.
>>
>>14307615
Shame, I wanted a mecha movie to watch this weekend.
Oh well, thanks anon.
>>
>>14307612

The quote isn't from a japanese person, Einstein said it.
>>
>>14307643
whatever, just because some jew fuck invented the light bulb doesn't mean he's some fuckin expert on world peace
>>
>>14307592
Why don't you want to watch season 2?
>>
>>14307674
Just because /m/ said bad things about it. I'm unreasonably picky though, I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>14306657
You watched the writers give up on making a satisfying conclusion to the muddied waters and blurred lines of conflict and who was in the right set up in season 1. The quote is fine and makes perfect sense. Just laughable that the understanding in question wasn't some move by the UN or people rising up to the truth and working to better themselves. It was magical space alien hivemind enslaves all of humanity and forces them to work together. Total copout and a slap in the face
>>
>>14306657
Shit. You just watched shit for like 2 hours.
>>
>>14306670
>best gundam
>Raphael instead of literally anything else he pilots
Where's a Vomit-chan pic when I need one?
>>
>>14307703
>enslaves all of humanity and forces them to work together
What?
>>
>>14306691
Fuck I just want the god damn 1/100 NGs to get restocked.
>>
>>14308566

They are. Check AmiAmi, assuming they haven't all been pre-ordered already.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 267x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 267x295px
>>14307677
>2000+16
>Believing anything /m/ says is "good" or "bad"
>>
>people unironically not watching S2
>>
>>14306657
has anyone ever noticed how out of scale this pic looks?
>>
File: 1427390244469.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427390244469.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>14306657
I really don't understand what's so controversial about it? 50 years after first contact Earth's finally gotten over (or at least temporarily put aside) its petty differences and begun exploring space as a united species ala Star Trek. Also Setsuna finally got his wish and the best girl. A perfect ending, in my opinion.

>>14307677 #
Season 2 is fine. The setting, while slightly derivative, is a natural progression from S1 (both plot and character-wise), not to mention it answers a lot of the lingering questions from S1's finale while setting up for the movie (pic related). I personally think of both seasons as a single series that each complement the others' strengths and weaknesses. You either take all of it or none of it.
>>
>>14307677
Just remember S2 has plot important scenes after the credits of each episode. You don't want to be like SyFy cutting off the show early.
>>
>>14307677
Anon if you seriously mean that when /m/ voices its opinion on something you actually listen then you are beyond saving.

Seriously grow a pair and find out for yourself
Season 2 is just as good as season 1, but different
>>
>>14307677
S2's a perfectly fine Gundam show. It's more standard than S1, but it's a whole lot better at being a standard show than most other AUs and arguably a few UC entries.
>>
>>14309032
Very much this. Even its worst is still pretty decent by Gundam standards.
>>
>>14307677
S2's fine, I prefer S1 slightly but S2's not honestly all that bad. Just remember to watch post credit scenes as >>14309015 noted or else there's important things you'll miss (including IIRC Graham's most important scene in S2 - that talk he had with Billy was a post-credit scene, right?)

Movie's not that bad either, though like S2 /m/ hates it because most of them couldn't understand the movie's message even if they wanted to.
>>
>>14309077
>that talk he had with Billy
You mean the one where Billy explains where baby flags come from?
>>
>>14307652
Neither you're. The difference is he know what he's talking about.
>>
>>14307677
S1 is enough Gundam 00 for you, don't bother watching the S2 or the "movie"
>>
File: Raphael.gif (3MB, 365x205px) Image search: [Google]
Raphael.gif
3MB, 365x205px
>>14307814
Raphael is best gundam, foolish to think otherwise.
>>
>>14309085
The talk where Billy calls him "Mr. Bushido" and he gets morose for a moment and goes "that's not a name I chose for myself." I think it's also Masurao's first time on camera.
>>
>>14306657
The ending was rushed as fuck.
Most of the movie was people talking over nothing and some events of 00S2 repeating themselves for no reason, then there's the final "battle" that has very few battle segments and is just the gendums shooting lasers in the general direction of the ELS with explosions everywhere. No choreography, no duels (then again, when the enemy is a huge swarm of aliens with a hive mind that absorb their opponents by touch there's not much room for duels, I guess).

Only good parts for me were
>SORRESTAL BEENGU THE MOVIE complete with mock subtitles, I want to see these guys playable in some future Gundam game
>"Setsuna has brain damage?!" damn sure he does
>new gendums look ridiculous but they're much better looking than the 00S2 ones imo
>Graham saying he thought he lived Gundam but he actually wanted to pound Setsuna as he's watching a comatose Setsuna next to Feldt, still recovering from her friendzoning, who was clearly wondering who the fuck was this blonde retard next to her and why was he allowed on board
>Setsuna actually becoming Gundam ;_;
>the 00 Underst[&] Alien Space Flower Custom covered in flowers

Overall it wasn't a good movie but the few good parts were pretty good.
>>
00 is literally the quintessential "War is bad" theme that every single gundam portrays.

War is bad. That's what the fuck it means
>>
>>14306716
MG Harute/marute booster never
>>
>>14306657
>Setsuna and Felt didn't end up together
I'm still butt blasted about the ending of the movie. Fucking aliens ruining something great by turning Setsuna into a undying metal man.

With 00 being my first and so far only Gundam series that I have watched, 00 is pretty good as long as you skip the movie.
>>
>>14311066
>wanting Setsuna and Feldt to end up together
>wanting Setsuna to end up romantically involved with anyone

It was a blessed relief that he didn't go "welp, that girl's got pink hair, guess I should bone her". Characters don't need romance to be complete, and Setsuna's such an emotionally stunted individual that the idea of him falling in love with someone is frankly laughable.
>>
>>14311125
Setsuna felt less autistic during the second season and the movie, and I warmed up to Feldt quite a bit.

Thought they'd look good together.

Destroy the alien invaders and then fly away in a Gundam and live happily ever after together.

Feldt a qt.
>>
>>14311066
It was a completely one-sided crush, and besides Feldt was more attracted to Lockon (Neil) anyway. I would have been annoyed if she did end up with Setsuna since he's not the type of person (considering his traumatic background) capable of reciprocating those feelings.

Also, Setsuna did briefly acknowledge her after he woke from his coma, and in that exchange it was obvious that they both knew it wasn't going to work. Personally I thought it was a very mature reaction, and shows how far for both of them had developed. But of course shippers don't care about that.
>>
>tfw no Metal Build Qan[T] gf
>>
>>14306657
Anybody have that Setsuna UNDERSTANDING screencap?
>>
File: episode23didnthappen.jpg (91KB, 770x600px) Image search: [Google]
episode23didnthappen.jpg
91KB, 770x600px
>>14311066
>not supporting the on true ship
>the ship that berthed the raging passion of two hearts tethered by fate
I don't want to see you around here again
besides, Setsuna has Exia anyway
>>
>Splitting up Sumeragi and Billy
Still mad
>>
>>14307652
FUUUUCK YOU'RE TRYING SO HARD

you can have this (You)
>>
>>14311125
This was one thing I never understood about 00. The "I love you" ED implies that the relationships are important, but the few that do exist are unbelievable because one member is completely batshit insane. Why make this ED when character relationships were never a main focus, your protagonists are an international terrorist group, and the show straight up turns into Zeta?

That kind of ED would make more sense in G, X, or even Build Fighters. But 00? Ehhhh.
>>
>>14313010
>thinking Sumeragi and Billy were ever actually a couple

I can only imagine you're also >>14311066, because that's a pretty absurd thing to want. Billy's entire character arc is built around how he has a one-sided crush on Sumeragi and how she somewhat unintentionally takes advantage of that to get him to do things for her, including lazing about in his apartment for four years. It's one of the two interpersonal conflicts at the end where the rainbow ball actually works to resolve it, with Sumeragi realizing how shitty she was towards him and Billy coming to terms with the fact that she's just not into him. He moves on and gets a smoking redhead to bang.
>>
>>14307556
>or pic related
>or
Slow down, cowboy.
>>
>>14309077
>m/ hates it because most of them couldn't understand the movie's message
Honestly, I think the hate stems from that utterly garbage forty minutes preceding the second hour.
>>
>>14311066
This bothers me far less than
>Feldt didn't pilot Cherudim and Zabanya

>inb4 muh foreshadowing
I remember. I saw the scene at the grave. Making him a Meister was a mistake. I'm not suggesting he shouldn't have been part of the show, but as a Meister...*BLAM* weak showing.
>>
>>14314141
And by far less than, I mean not at all compared to
>>
File: deathbyels.jpg (90KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
deathbyels.jpg
90KB, 640x360px
>>14314119
I dunno. I liked the gradual buildup of tension, especially the moments where they went full-on into horror movie territory. Also seeing CB performing their armed interventions again at the beginning was pretty cool fanservice. HG Setsuna Custom Flag never ;_;
>>
>>14314198
SEED reference? NICE
>>
>>14308985
Star Trek is literally an utopia, they don't even use money. Shit, that doesn't stop aliens for being jerks. What if you find an alien race that worships death or torture? understanding my ass.
>>
>>14314141
>> Feldt didn't pilot Cherudim and Zabanya
I don't see why people wanted this. There's zero reason to make Feldt a pilot. If they needed a pilot from the existing crew, Lasse was already a qualified meister.
>>
>>14314450

Because, given some decent writing, it could have made for an interesting viewing experience in watching Feldt become a pilot to both follow in Lockon's footsteps and honor his memory.

And you'd get more enjoyment out of watching paint dry than seeing Lasse. Dude should have died at the end of the first season.
>>
>>14314450
Because her parents were Meisters. Because she had the motivation after losing so many people at the end of S1. It didn't make sense for S2 to roll around and Celestial Being hadn't replaced the 3 Meisters they were missing. They had Cherudim, Arios and 00 with no pilots. Lasse and Feldt could have been trained. Lasse was sick so it wouldn't be smart to only train him. They didn't even have a tactical forecaster during the 4 year skip with Sumeragi gone. The whole beginning of S2 was set up terribly. Like the crew just knew everything was going to work out perfectly and they'd have 3 pilots and a forecaster the moment they needed one.
>>
>>14307612
>>14307652

>this is what burgers actually believe
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.