[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kamen Rider Ghost 33

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 38

File: weseriouslydoingthisagain.png (824KB, 893x522px) Image search: [Google]
weseriouslydoingthisagain.png
824KB, 893x522px
http://over-ti.me/releases/kamen-rider-ghost-33/
>>
>>14304947
>Supreme Eyes Open
OT please.
>>
IIIIIINFINITY

PUREAZE
>>
File: 1370756544169.gif (185KB, 390x290px) Image search: [Google]
1370756544169.gif
185KB, 390x290px
>>14304947

>That annoyed Boo

Thank you Jeeg.
>>
File: the pizza dude.jpg (13KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
the pizza dude.jpg
13KB, 128x128px
So what the fuck was the point of trying to seal a Ganmeiser in another dimension? Weren't they getting together to try and bring Takeru back?

Also, these episodes are starting to show their default formatting. The whole getting-together to bring someone back from the dead is very reminiscent of Fourze, and maybe a few other things.

>inb4 Ghost babbies and Maurice shitposters come in with the excuse that it's a glorified toy commercial

Moot point. Any show, whether or not their ulterior motive is to sell a product, should always strive for quality writing. You won't find it here, unfortunately. However, I still enjoy Mugen's design. It's just a shame such talent is wasted on poor franchise management.

>inb4 gb2/garo/

I don't even watch Garo. It's kinda off-putting for me.
>>
>>14305201

They realized that they couldn't kill the bastards so the plan was to reprogram a gate so the Ganmaizer couldn't come back.
>>
>>14305207
I mean... I guess??? Could be nice to see them explain it at first. If you're gonna mention the subtlety, there's better ways of planning it.
>>
I think the idea was to keep it from coming back, when they kill it it comes back stronger so sealing it off somewhere could've worked if ganmizers were not powered by plot.

I feel like this is far more toy commercial than fourze's death and rebirth, but I'm not going to fight about it.
>>
>Ape Cosmic's debut episode
>Miss the entire point and build-up to that 2-parter as well as any of the excitement that came with it

God, this show is paint by numbers at the worst possible times.
>>
>>14305222
Thank you. I was just making a rant about how disappointed I feel about this episode in general. If you like Ghost, fine by me, but you can't stop me from question why it's shit.
>>
>>14305201
>Also, these episodes are starting to show their default formatting.
You mean the usual tropes used on a franchise based on episodic repetition?

>The whole getting-together to bring someone back from the dead is very reminiscent of Fourze, and maybe a few other things.
You mean the show that's from the very same franchise

>Moot point. Any show, whether or not their ulterior motive is to sell a product, should always strive for quality writing.
You have no idea what "quality writing" means.

>You won't find it here, unfortunately. However, I still enjoy Mugen's design. It's just a shame such talent is wasted on poor franchise management.
Ghost has some of the best toy management since at least ooo.
>>
>>14305247
>You mean the usual tropes used on a franchise based on episodic repetition?
Why do you think that's alright, though?

>You mean the show that's from the very same franchise
... Yes? Your point?

>You have no idea what "quality writing" means.
I doubt you do, either.

>Ghost has some of the best toy management since at least ooo.
Yeah... toy management. Not writing, mind you.

Your turn.
>>
Honestly I really liked the Boost debut episode, it did some interesting things, had some good and not overblown drama, and felt necessary to show that the 99 days thing were actual stakes.

This didn't accomplish any of that. Honestly except for the scenes involving talking to the jacket ghosts, show has really been leaving me cold. Like might as well finish it but still pretty lame.
>>
>>14305260
Talking to the heroes should've been a staple of the show. Yes, they were trying to sell the Musashi toy at the very beginning, but why do they have to accept Takeru without talking to him for a while first? Where's the reverence in meeting these heroes?
>>
>>14305247

Not him but the fact that the franchise repeats plot points so much, at some point feels less like throwbacks and more that they have limited ideas.
>>
I'm gonna be really honest. Ghost will have to seriously step up its game in the last third or it will go down as being utterly forgettable. Not even bad, but bland enough to not bother talking about in the future.

Is that what Toei wants? Another Wizard?
>>
>>14305265
desu I do see where he's coming from. You can stretch out a gimmick so long until it starts going stale. I just like to believe that you can still make good writing with existing plot points.
>>
>>14305263
Yeah, meeting the heroes is not well handled for the reason you said.

They're still funnier and more interesting than the main characters and show up pretty unexpectedly, so I enjoy their scenes.
>>
Lucky coincidence that Takeru exploded in just the amount of people that support him.
>>
So what's the half-face 'veil' supposed to represent? Is it a Japanese thing where people cover their eyes during a funeral or something?
>>
I wonder if we're meant to see Akari and Takeru in a romantic light. I'm really not getting that vibe, but the heavy focus is making me suspect otherwise.
>>
>>14305275
>Uhhh there's only like five pieces, which of us has the most takeru feelings
>There's 10 eyecon pieces... I don't think we should double up, think we could find like three more people who would cry about Takeru?
>Ugh there's like 100 little pieces of eyeball on the ground, I tried to use a scale to get them even but don't complain if you think you don't have enough Takeru
>>
File: ye i no.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ye i no.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>14305297
>have enough Takeru
>>
Not that the conclusion was unexpected or anything but this episode was super fucking weird. What was the point in having all the characters move on and come up with a decent-sounding plan to take down the Ganmeisers even? It'd make sense if Takeru did actually perma-die but that was never going to happen anyway

Also
>everyone struggling to fight off a Ganmeiser, kills Takeru
>Makoto then effortlessly kills it
>he effortlessly kills another one later in the same episode
what?

Anyway, I guess Alain had a big dumb death flag in this episode. The kamikaze thing he can do will probably be used towards the end of the series. Also the soundtrack is still consistently really nice, I don't even care that there are seemingly no insert songs.
>>
>>14305303
I care about the insert song thing, even if the soundtrack is really good its no substitute for a great insert song in terms of hype building
>>
>>14305303
It's 'cause the Ganmeisers are immortal and they regenerate each time they die.

You can't expect Makoto and Alain to keep trying to fend them off forever.
>>
>>14305315
I meant that the initial struggle against the Ganmeiser seemed like a joke because of Makoto just immediately wrecking two in a row right after that.
>>
>>14305315
That's not what Anon is saying. He's saying the powerlevels are completely inconsistent.
>>
>>14305321
Ah yeah, I agree with that.

It's implied they get stronger like Phoenix each time they die, though.
>>
>>14305255
>Why do you think that's alright, though?
Because it's a sunday morning franchise made for kids to ocasionally watch, not a plot based show for adult neckbeards. There are many of those.
And it's how kr did things since forever, if anything, it would be a franchise problem, not ghost.

>... Yes? Your point?
That it's the same franchise, of course it's bound to reuse some stuff. Heck, there's.plenty of "kr in name only" shitposters.

>I doubt you do, either.
I dont evaluate any tv show on fixed standards independent of context.

>Yeah... toy management. Not writing, mind you.
Yes, because it's a toy commercial.

>b-but it's moot
It's not.
>>
I'm probably the 1000th person to repeat this, but goddamn Ghost is really bad. Powerlevels are all over the place, themes are being trampled left and right, and the plot is completely stale.
>>
>>14305314
I just really like Ghost's soundtrack I guess. I think most people would agree with you though.

>>14305325
>It's implied they get stronger like Phoenix each time they die, though.
Yeah you're right. Which means that Makoto defeating them so easily makes even less sense.
>>
>>14305327
>Because it's a sunday morning franchise made for kids to ocasionally watch, not a plot based show for adult neckbeards. There are many of those.
>And it's how kr did things since forever, if anything, it would be a franchise problem, not ghost.
So you're saying Showa didn't happen?

>That it's the same franchise, of course it's bound to reuse some stuff. Heck, there's.plenty of "kr in name only" shitposters.
But they're not entirely wrong. What KR was back then means nothing now.

>I dont evaluate any tv show on fixed standards independent of context.
Then why bother.

>Yes, because it's a toy commercial.
Then make a commercial, not a show.

>>b-but it's moot
>It's not.
It's an argument done to death, and it's meaning loses water each time it's presented. You can't just sit here and not expect quality in entertainment; it's human nature.
>>
>>14305334
>Yeah you're right. Which means that Makoto defeating them so easily makes even less sense.
I like to think that maybe they're gonna get to a point where Makoto's rage finisher isn't gonna work anymore.

>I just really like Ghost's soundtrack
Oh shit, me too. I want the track presented in this episode, plus the one where Ghost starts getting into a fight.
>>
>>14305327
>Because it's a sunday morning franchise made for kids to ocasionally watch

That's a really poor excuse for writing quality. For one it's basically talking down to children by saying them can't enjoy good things.
>>
>Ghost came out before Amazons this week
HAHAHA WE FUCKING WON
EAT SHIT AMAZONSBABBIES
GHOST REIGNS SUPREME
>>
>>14305201
They were never planning on bringing Takeru back. They were trying to keep him "alive" by doubling down on their efforts to destroy the Ganmeisers through the method >>14305207 described.
>>
File: unimpressed neckbeard.gif (718KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed neckbeard.gif
718KB, 500x250px
>>14305353
Holy shit please stop trying to bait so hard.
>>
>>14305353
This episode was complete dogshit though.
>>
>>14305362
I'm just so fucking happy after last week where OT had the fucking gall to sub Ghost dead last after everything else, those shiteaters who prodded and made fun of me deserve to be laughed at
>>
>>14305354
I liked that aspect of the plot, and the reminder that yurusen is kind of a little shit.
Their efforts were so cheaply undone and then then they just sort of cried until Takeru came back, because this show is about him. Lame.

>>14305350
It also kind of denies that these shows have already proven that they could do better. Even if you go one show back and look at what Drive was accomplishing at this same point.
>>
>>14305339
>So you're saying Showa didn't happen?
How did you even get that? If anything, i'm saying it did.

>But they're not entirely wrong. What KR was back then means nothing now.
If that's a bad thing, how can repetition also be bad? Pick one and stay consistent.

>Then why bother.
Why bother to what?

>Then make a commercial, not a show.
Oh, sure, i mean they should diss the.proven sucess of transformers, gijoe, mlp, tnmt, super sentai, he-man, power rangers, or kr itself just because an anon wants a tv show about bugmen fighting.

>It's an argent done to death, and it's meaning loses water each time it's presented.
We will stop using it when you finally get it.

>You can't just sit here and not expect quality in entertainment; it's human nature.
And i do. But i dont use the same standards for breaking bad and kamen rider since i know what i'm doing. Not to mention that being a toy commercial is not a ghost thing, is a kr thing in general, so unless is your first kr season you should already know this.
>>
>>14305350
>That's a really poor excuse for writing quality. For one it's basically talking down to children by saying them can't enjoy good things.
Not because i never said ghost was bad. You just have a misconception of what good writing means. Aside from the fact that you judge audiovisual media solely for the writing which is retarded.
>>
>pulling a Formula with the final fucking form

It's like Toei's goal with Ghost is to make it the Rider series with the most letdowns in a single season.
>>
>>14305382
>You just have a misconception of what good writing means.

You have the misconception that I'm a different poster.

>Aside from the fact that you judge audiovisual media solely for the writing which is retarded.

Yes, I think I should judge a show's narrative by its writing.
>>
>>14305384
what do you mean by pulling a formula
>>
>>14305369

From a story and character standpoint, Specter should have been the main Rider. He's a great Takumi-style character who starts out a dick but gets some good character development under his belt.
>>
File: RIPears.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
RIPears.webm
3MB, 640x360px
https://a.pomf.cat/iagbit.webm
https://a.pomf.cat/llhxsb.webm

My biggest wonder with Ghost right now is still that Fukuda haven't written anything in a while. His last episode was Deep Specter's debut and he's not going to be writing anything in June either.

>>14305265
When your primary audience is replaced every few years it's easy enough to get away with.
>>
>>14305371
>How did you even get that? If anything, i'm saying it did.
Except Showa wasn't all toys and more about the quality of writing... with the few obvious exceptions.

>If that's a bad thing, how can repetition also be bad? Pick one and stay consistent.
Why are you saying both can't be bad?

>Oh, sure, i mean they should diss the.proven sucess of transformers, gijoe, mlp, tnmt, super sentai, he-man, power rangers, or kr itself just because an anon wants a tv show about bugmen fighting.
Your argument is that KR exists solely to sell toys. It never was like that to begin with.

>We will stop using it when you finally get it
Believe it or not, I do get it. However, I don't want it to be that way, and I am expressing my distaste for it.

>And i do. But i dont use the same standards for breaking bad and kamen rider since i know what i'm doing. Not to mention that being a toy commercial is not a ghost thing, is a kr thing in general, so unless is your first kr season you should already know this.
>i know what i'm doing
I don't think you do.
>>
>>14305394
>You have the misconception that I'm a different poster.
That has nothing to do with any of this.

>Yes, I think I should judge a show's narrative by its writing.
You really have no idea anon.
Go read a book. It's pointless to you to bother with audiovisual media.

Even then, you still have to assert the fact that it's doing the same as other kamen rider seasons. What kr seasons have good writing to you?
>>
>>14305411
>What kr seasons have good writing to you?

Agito
>>
I like this show, but holy shit does it do a terrible job of introducing power ups.

This would have worked much better as a two-parter. They go through all the stages of grief in like 5 fucking minutes. I like that they kept trying to destroy the Ganmeisers in the face of all of this, all it ended up showing was that they were 1000% fucked without Takeru. What kind of message is that?
Every time Takeru's died, he's come back with in the episode. If they wanted to have his death to actually have some weight, they'd leave him dead for at least an episode or two.
>>
>>14305408
>Except Showa wasn't all toys and more about the quality of writing... with the few obvious exceptions.
>showa
>quality of writing by your standards
You either proved me right or havent watched a single showa show.

>Why are you saying both can't be bad?
You can do the same or different. If one is bad the other has to be good. Something has to be right anon.

>Your argument is that KR exists solely to sell toys. It never was like that to begin with.
It has been for all of heisei at least.

>Believe it or not, I do get it. However, I don't want it to be that way, and I am expressing my distaste for it.
Then why even bother watching? Why criticize specifically ghost for it?

>I don't think you do.
I'm not the inconsistent one.
>>
>>14305411
>audiovisual media
There he goes, there he goes again!
>>
>>14305212
>being too dumb to watch a kid show
This is a new low.
>>
>>14305411
>It's pointless to you to bother with audiovisual media.
Why? Every other aspect of toku is generally "ok, I guess". The acting is generally servicable though sometimes cringe-inducing bad (like Aka Ranger in Ninninger). The special effects aren't much to write about for their budget, with the exception of Garo before it got lazy and went CG. The audio mixing is generally good, and the cinematography is acceptable.

So really, what is there to discuss beyond the writing at that point?
>>
>>14305424
Don't forget how they had the whole sequence and speech about how people live on after they die, so Takeru is still alive in a metaphoric sense.

Then he just magically respawns. No explanation given, other than "It's a miracle!" and "INFINITY". Completely defeats the point.
>>
File: CoolExplosions.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
CoolExplosions.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>14305424
Honestly there wasn't any excuse for it not to be woven into the last two episodes. We didn't even change writer or director across 31, 32 and 33.
>>
>>14305212
Stop being retarded. Do you need every little thing spoon fed to you?
>>
>>14305415
Dont you find it too repetitive?
I mean, they waste lots of screentime featuring the riders fighting. There's like a rider fight each episode.
>>
>>14305430
>Why criticize specifically ghost for it?
I think we can all agree you're the only Ghost apologist here, and any further rebuttals will deem your words moot.

Ghost has shit writing. I love Mugen's design, and a couple of pieces of music. However, you are deluded and/or a child if you think Ghost is of superior taste and quality, like a fine wine aged in a dank cellar since medieval times.
>>
File: NecromtheUseless.webm (1009KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
NecromtheUseless.webm
1009KB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305439

At least Agito varied it up by being switching around 3 different perspectives of the same situation.
>>
This was supposed to be a big episode, but it just came across so underwhelming. Everything felt so rushed and meaningless.
>>
>>14305431
Last i checked, ghost had sound and video.

>>14305434
Why bother with toku at all then?
>>
File: Akaritriestohelp.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Akaritriestohelp.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305441
He's not the only Ghost defender, the show has great writing, comfy atmosphere and really thick, deep lore. If anything, Ghost HATERS like you are the minority.
>>
>>14305441
>like a fine wine aged in a dank cellar since medieval times.
If a wine was that old then decrepitude would set in
>>
>>14305450
>Last i checked, ghost had sound and video.
But you keep using that term like it means anything in this day and age. It's like you're calling cupcakes "a cup in a cake".
>>
File: Meteorshower.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Meteorshower.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305450
>Why bother with toku at all then?

I don't know, you tell me considering how these franchises are.
>>
File: laughing clap.gif (4MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
laughing clap.gif
4MB, 320x180px
>>14305455
Oh boy! Here they come!
>>
File: SavingAlainFromSuicide.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
SavingAlainFromSuicide.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305446
>at least
So it's bad but could be worse?
>>
>>14305455
What the fuck are you talking about? Ghost's problem is that it's BORING
>>
File: GoodbyeEyecons.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
GoodbyeEyecons.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305465

Sure, if you like to immediately think of the worse possible outcome in a statement.
>>
>>14305441
>>14305441
>>Why criticize specifically ghost for it?
>I think we can all agree you're the only Ghost apologist here
So?

>and any further rebuttals will deem your words moot.
An actual rebutal maybe, your non sequitur definitely wont.

>>14305457
How is it false? Prove ghost has no sound and video.
>>
>>
>One faggot mentioned Maurice and everything went to shit
Good job.
>>
>>14305455
Ghost doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be, or what the fuck its lore is. It's a mess.
>>
>>14305466
No it's not, every episode shakes things up and keeps it interesting while advancing the plot and the lore and keeping the atmosphere comfy and interesting for all ages
>>
File: STOPING FUCKING POSTING.gif (904KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
STOPING FUCKING POSTING.gif
904KB, 150x150px
>>14305478
I'm out.
>>
Oh my god, people. Stop with all the green text in this thread. We get it, you NEED to counter EVERY single fucking SENTENCE of their reply. This is ridiculous.
>>
>>14305460
Burden of prood is on you. I didnt go to a thread of a genre i hate.

>>14305469
You're doing that tho, since you used " at least".
>>
File: GoodbyeTakeru.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
GoodbyeTakeru.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: TeamPortal.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
TeamPortal.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305482
Go back to /krg/ with the rest of the Ghost haters then, this is OUR thread
>>
>>14305268
>Is that what Toei wants? Another Wizard?
Not really. They went out of their way to bring a new writer from outside of tokusatsu for this series. He just didn't turn out to be very good at writing a super hero show.
>>
>>14305486

I don't hate the genre, I just think Ghost is a boring show. I loved Drive....well the second half of Drive.
>>
>>14305485
Go back to redit if you like echochambers with no arguments.
>>
>>14305496
Again, he's not written episodes for a while. This week you have to blame Keiichi Hasegawa.
>>
>>14305455
>>great writing
>>comfy atmosphere
>>really thick, deep lore

This has to be bait.

>>14305496
Kamen Rider has a lot of restrictions on the writer. He probably wasn't flexible enough to maneuver around them while keeping the story coherent.
>>
>>14305402

It helps that Makoto is interesting and has a presence on screen. Takeru feels like he's just along for the ride whenever shit happens nine times out of ten.
>>
>>14305497
>drive
>2 parters to introduce toys
>forced fights every episode
>shinnosuke's dad arc was just to introduce the final form

According to you drive is shit.
>>
>>14305496
The problem is Ghost is rushed as hell, low budget and bad main actor though.
>>
File: SharingTakoyaki.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
SharingTakoyaki.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305498
I have no problem with arguments. But you can argue with fucking paragraphs. You had English class in elementary school, right? The pick-and-choose sentence-by-sentence bullshit is autistic.
>>
>>14305498

Not him, and I don't go to Reddit so it's not like I have experience to back up this statement, but isn't the whole reason the downboat system exists is because they're too argumentative? If anything tumblr is what's an echochamber.

>>14305508
>forced fights every episode

How do you force a fight in a franchise that revolves around fights?

I mean, besides the tried and true Faiz method of MISUNDERSTANDINGS spiraling out of control.
>>
>>
>>14305494
The fuck? This was never meant to be a fucking safe space, just a place to consolidate Ghost discussion. Go to tumblr if you want trigger warnings and safe spaces.
>>
>>14305516
But writing normally is hard and boring.
>>
>>14305424
This hits the nail on the head. There are so many things that I like about this show, but with shit like this and Grateful's debut, I'm hard pressed to defend it.

Unless they pull some miracle at this point, Ghost will only have one thing at the end of the day: wasted potential. Ironic with all of this talk of infinity.
>>
>>14305516
It makes it easier to know what specific part of the argument you're responding to since a post can state or imply different ideas, and you dont depend as much on connectors.

And most people dont know how to argue so making them think even more would make things worse.
>>
File: DifferentDimensionDestination.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DifferentDimensionDestination.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305500
YOU have to be bait if you think any of that is false, Ghost is a great show and will continue to be great
>>14305508
This, Drive was awful and deserves to not exist
>>14305525
This is the GHOST thread, we made our OWN threads because of /krg/'s group toxicity towards Ghost fans and black people
>>
>>14305437
That's Bruce Kalish level of "blow stuff up"
>>
>>14305521
>>14305521
>How do you force a fight in a franchise that revolves around fights?
You tell me, the anon i replied to thinks writing is the only important thing.
>>
>>14305535
>boohoo stop saying mean things about my favorite show
Grow the fuck up.
>>
File: DifferentDimensionsDon'tStopMe.webm (595KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DifferentDimensionsDon'tStopMe.webm
595KB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305501

I think that's what really bugs me about Takeru. He's Stock Shonen Protagonist #52. Now this normally isn't an issue in Kamen Rider given that the leads usually develop out of that, or in Gaim's case where Kouta was written like that to show just how dangerous it is to have blind faith in people you care about, Takeru basically just stayed still from a development standpoint and tends to even regress into bitch fits.
>>
>>14305424
But two part will makes people go apeshit about waiting for another week for an obvious outcome. I want this character die then revive trend to die for good.
>>
File: Backfromthedeadagainagain.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Backfromthedeadagainagain.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305545

This, holy shit. How many times can Toei do fakeouts before they realize we know it's a fakeout?
>>
>>14305535
I LIKE Ghost, and I think you're being a faggot. Fuck off.
>>
>>14305544
>develop out of that
Most of them don't actually. It's just I will give my all to protect people.
>>
File: KamenRiderofLight.webm (803KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
KamenRiderofLight.webm
803KB, 640x360px
>>14305557
As many times as they want because the audience they have to care about is usually gone after a few years.
>>
>>14305557
Because most people grow out of this in a few years. This trend started since Kuuga as far as I know.
>>
>>14305539
I told you to go back to /krg/, now do it before I have to get uncomfy
>>14305558
You're probably just a Drive fan
>>
>>14305567

Kids aren't THAT stupid. Even they know enough to think "bullshit, he's fine", even if they don't say it.

This isn't the old days of the Death of Superman where there actually was a possibility he wasn't coming back because it was unprecedented. Now it's in common conciousness that no one stays dead.
>>
File: HittingWithHisStreamofJoy.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
HittingWithHisStreamofJoy.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>14305567

>Yet another free upgrade

This is why I'm glad Urobuchi took the piss out of that trope.
>>
>>14305576
Oh, I see. So you're just baiting. Okay. Posts hidden, then.
>>
>>14305584
Go back to /krg/ while you're at it you fucking Driver
>>
Why does Necrom have splooge-y rape tentacle powers now? I thought rape tentacles were a Grimm-specific power?
>>
>>14305582
What isn't a free upgrade? This is the power of humanity, you know.
>>
>>14305577
>
>Kids aren't THAT stupid. Even they know enough to think "bullshit, he's fine", even if they don't say it.
Kids are also supposed to grow out if rider.
>This isn't the old days of the Death of Superman where there actually was a possibility he wasn't coming back because it was unprecedented. Now it's in common conciousness that no one stays dead.
Considering how mad people got on captain hydra reveal, i'd say people (and not only kids) are still impressionable.

It' s also worth noting that superman's mean of revival has been set up on previous plotlines back then.
>>
>>14305590
I was thinking the same thing. What is even the point of Grimm anymore?
>>
>>14305590
He can turn his body into liquid so there's that.
>>
File: Rider Age Demographic.png (319KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
Rider Age Demographic.png
319KB, 600x445px
>>14305577
It's enough of a surprise if they're not used to it.
>>
>>14305582
I like gaim a lot but he played it straight.
>>
>>14305590
Takeru keeps fucking hogging all the hero eyecons to himself, everyone else has gotta improvise to keep up
>>
>>14305603

All of the upgrades from Sagara were for the express purpose of making Kouta his personal tool.
>>
>>14305614
So they're free?
I mean, if kouta did what sagara wanted(which was a three way war) you may have had a point.
>>
>>14305614
If only that plot makes sense or relevant.
>>
So we can all agree that Mugen is the weirdest final form debut, right?
>>
>>14305576
>You're probably just a Drive fan
How is that relevant? Since when was being a Drive fan or a Ghost fan mutually exclusive?
>>
>>14305687
Nope. The only reason why you could possibly dislike Ghost in any way, shape, or form, is if you are fanatically biased towards a previous Rider. Now get out of OUR thread. This thread is ONLY for those of us whole can see how great Ghost is.
>>
>>14305687
Drivers are almost always the ones shitposting against Ghost, and they're always from /krg/
>>
>>14305695
>>14305696
EXACTLY 1 minute apart. Not even trying, sameposter.
>>
File: file.png (111KB, 1578x482px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
111KB, 1578x482px
>>14305707
I was being sarcastic, whereas >>14305696 is actually serious.
>>
>>14305695
>>14305696
But I haven't even watched Drive.
>>
>>14305736
>some autist actually take time to make this
>>
>Don't know how to write compelling main character? Just forcely write the main character have "infinite potential" without showing something.
>>
>>14305544
>Now this normally isn't an issue in Kamen Rider given that the leads usually develop out of that

Do they? I can think of at least one case where the protagonist actually developed *into* that archetype. I mean, going down the list of the past few years:

Shotarou didn't so much change his attitude as become comfortable with the fact that he wasn't an awesome badass like his boss, which wound up being what actually made him one too in his own way.

Eiji was fairly stock shounen protagonist, at least compared to Ankh. He was pretty literally along for the ride because his whole deal was that he didn't want anything.

Gentarou had no character development of any kind, ending the show exactly the same way he started. The focus was on how he changed the people around him.

Haruto went through character assassination, turning from a lovable asshole to just an asshole in the last arc for no reason.

Kouta was extremely stock, the story was in part about playing with how people reacted to his naivete.

Shinnosuke actually became more of a stock shounen protagonist as time went by and he stopped being so lazy.

Takeru is once more fairly stock, with a bit more emphasis on the self-sacrificing aspect than usual but not quite as mercilessly attacked on that front as Kouta. I like him, even if he is pretty vanilla.
>>
>>14305303
>What was the point in having all the characters move on and come up with a decent-sounding plan to take down the Ganmeisers even?

It could very well have more payoff further down the road. Normally in a show like this you'd expect Akari to be the irritating doubter who never accomplishes anything with science, but she's managed to get pretty far along in understanding how the Ganma work even if her devices don't solve the problem fully. I appreciated that they actually tried to do something even if it didn't work.
>>
yeah this was rushed as fuck.
But like.. idk, I kinda teared up when takeru came back, only because they played the theme song and I'm a big sucker for that kind of shit.

Also, I know the grand daughter of Fumi is explained more in the Blu Ray shorts, but it really comes out of no where that she knows Makoto and Alan, because we only see her once in the show and she doesnt talk to either of them.
>>
>>14305631
It did in the end. Sagara assumed Mai showing up to certain people would mean they matter in the future. So he favored them over others.
>>
The Drive vs Ghost shitposting is so ridiculous, but hear me out. This show fucking sucks.

I just hate how plot goes nowhere. The connecting with eyecons thing really winds me up, because it seemed like it was going to build up to a new form, but he only connected with a few and then BOOM, Grateful arrived. Like they realised they couldn't spend 15 episodes with him talking to eyecons and just rushed it out.

Now they're still doing it, but it seems super pointless. Like when he connected with Tut, for what purpose? Why did he need to do that? Isn't Grateful basically the legendary souls agreeing that he's worth them?

It really is Wizard tier at this point. I can barely stay interested, especially through the power abuse on show. How many rider kicks/punches/psycho crushers did Makoto do in this episode? When the fuck did Alain get those liquid tentacle things? It all goes to shit when something appears and they want to show how "powerful it is" by making them forget they even have these powers, and they just get hit while gawking instead of being outsmarted.

I'll watch it to its conclusion, but I really had high hopes for this series, especially because the base form looks so good.
>>
>>14305946
I was pretty happy with it. Like, I was expecting this was going to be an episode where either they farted around for most of the episode and then Takeru died at the end, or Takeru died at the start and then they spent the whole episode moping around and doing flashbacks with every single character. Instead we only got one flashback and they spent most of the episode actually doing shit to try and deal with the problem like Takeru would have wanted them to, which made me happy. The end bit where they all stand up with the shards of the Eyecon is pretty fucking cheesy, but it's a heroic resolve thing, I was fine rolling with it.
>>
>>14305982
yeah i had no big problems with it, i just felt it was rushed.

I dont know, i kinda shut my brain off when I watch rider shows.
>>
>>14305975
Good job ranting on for four paragraphs about an opinion nobody cares about. Hope you're proud.
>>
>>14306033
Now I certainly know you're just here for shitposting, and not discussion of a particular subject pertinent to the boards title.
>>
>>14305975
>When the fuck did Alain get those liquid tentacle things?

He actually did use those I think twice before, both times as a finisher. Once was against Takeru in the Ganma world, I think the other time was after the takoyaki fight.

I'm not saying Ghost is amazing, but if you think it's Wizard tier you've forgotten what Wizard was really like. Things happened in this episode that had been given setup in previous ones, like the time crystal or the new takoyaki girl. The side characters actually did things and tried to be useful. A major plot point of how the Ganmaizers get stronger when they revive was established, which helps explain why Makoto being able to turbonuke them with Psycho Crusher right now doesn't actually solve anything. The main Rider didn't get his powers back by literally crying bitch tears.
>>
>>14305513

Does Alain eat anything BUT takoyaki?
>>
File: BYtEmak.jpg (165KB, 600x506px) Image search: [Google]
BYtEmak.jpg
165KB, 600x506px
>>14306130
No.
Unless you count eating dirt as food.
>>
Does Alain even know that there is more than one Takoyaki stand?
>>
>>14306090
>if you think it's Wizard tier you've forgotten what Wizard was really like
Yeah this, Wizard was a lot better than Ghost
>>
>>14305022
Shut up, sperg.
>>
>>14305229
No, if it was paint by numbers, we'd be agonizing about having to wait another week for Takeru to come back AGAIN.

Need I remind you that this "coming back from the dead" shit's been repeated since Wizard? Having it done the very same episode is what I consider a breath of fresh air.
>>
You're all faggots who need their asses kicked.
>>
>>14306310
So if they do the same thing they do almost every year but instead of doing it in two episodes, they do it in one, it's a breath of fresh air?
>>
>>14306503
Yes. Killing off the Rider at the start of the episode was new, as was all the stuff in-between Takeru dying and reviving. It had shades of Fourze and Drive's takes on the concept, but the actual course of action was different, and doing it in one episode without a week's break between death and revival shook up the pacing a little bit.
>>
>>14305436
What if Takeru is a lost 16th Ganmeiser?

He comes back stronger each time he dies.
>>
>>14306191
Nope, they haven't told him. I assume Kanon's still in charge of all his bodily functions too.
>>
Is Takeru alive-alive now, or is he just revived but still not alive?
>>
>>14306632
He's probably a heroic spirit like the Eyecons now, we'll see if his timer's still going next week.
>>
I'm actually really mad that Akari's plan didn't work. It'd be really fucking cool if they managed to take out a Ganmeiser though just being really crafty as fuck without Takeru's help.

But lol nope we have to rip off Cosmic States instead
>>
>>14306529
>Killing off the Rider at the start of the episode was new,

I was surprised that they spent a solid 10 minutes of just having the main characters getting the shit beaten out of them.
>>
>>14305382
Except he's only critiquing the writing, retard.
>>
So... HOW did he come back? I was expecting more from his memory powers, but did the writers really just pull it from their asses with no detail whatsoever?

Also everyone kinda just hoping for Takeru to come back right before he did kinda killed the momentum. Should have kept trying to fight normally at the same time and use those emotions and doing what they tought Takeru would have wanted as the catalyst to - somehow - revive him.
>>
>>14306744
Literally that memories of others makes him live on.
>>
Kamen Rider always makes up BS reasons for things to happen. Why is it suddenly bad now?
>>
>>14306777
1) It was always bad.

2) Just because it happened in the past doesn't make it okay now.
>>
>>14306751

So basically how Tsukasa came back to life at the end of Decade then?

>>14306777

Yeah as far as these cliches go, this was done pretty well, and I'm happy for them having it all contained in one episode rather than dragging it out further.
>>
>>14305532
Yay for ectoplasm!
>>
I will agree that it was an underwhelming as fuck episode, but can we at least give them credit for how they handled Mugen this episode?

It was cool to not see the form in detail and have him just go "ghost" with a glowing body that just stomped the enemy.,
>>
>>14306870

The actual suit would look cool as fuck if they just didn't use the cheap-looking glittery plastic for so much of it. I love the lines and general silhouette of the design, just not the materials, yikes.
>>
File: happygeorge.gif (475KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
happygeorge.gif
475KB, 500x366px
i really liked this episode.

The bringing back takeru/sending that thing to other dimmension was a little weird and that lady that we saw like 2 seconds on another episode and is gonna be fleshed out on Alain's specials had an odd appearance "oh hey guys i'm fumi 3.0"

But i really liked it, the team getting their braveness back was a nice touch and you might wonder
>what the fuck since when?
and then you remember all the other episodes where they were shown dealing with their problems.

Akari was cute as fuck remembering and being the first one to start bringing takeru back.
Those 2 gonna fuck.

i liked it.
>>
>>14306884

Are we going to go three-for-three in terms of the main Rider actually getting the girl at the end of the show?
>>
>>14306896
It's been a long time coming after Riders stopped having nuclear dicks or being at least 33% monster
>>
>>14306896
Takeru gave Akari a flower as kids and she didn't reject it/destroy it, that shit is basically marriage in kids language.
>>
>>14306901

post-Decade Heisei in general just seems to have more romantic relationship-tying endings. In addition to the two above, you've also got Terui and Akiko in W, and Ryusei and Tomoko in Fourze, and I dunno if you'd count Haruto and Koyomi in Wizard seeing as that ship is quite literally dead.
>>
You know what would fix this episode for me, especially with the part where Onari mentions Takeru did this kind of thing twice before, is if in the final episode is Takeru choosing not to resurrect himself for whatever heroic reason and disappearing forever, The End.
>>
>>14307071
If this was pre-Decade Heisei, then yes, that'd happen.

But nope. He has to come back for Movie Wars.
>>
>>14307075

Someone finds a way to bind him to an Eyecon again to come back and fight. Who knows. It's not that hard to bullshit him back to life for a crossover.
>>
>>14307071
>>14307075
>implying he wont die but Akari's love gonna bring him back
OR
>Takeru dies but Akari finds his Eyecon and it shines when she touches it
>SHE BLINDED ME WITH SCIENCE! montage
>then we get a 1 minute montage of Akari science shit, some magic and it ends with a bright light and what appears a physical takeru because he lost his body and its an eyecon forever.
>>
>>14307071

I'm betting he's going to permanently stay a spirit or something like that.
>>
File: file.png (494KB, 865x538px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
494KB, 865x538px
Is this Maurice?
>>
File: A New level in reatrd.jpg (229KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
A New level in reatrd.jpg
229KB, 1280x720px
>>14306208
>Wizard was a lot better than Ghost
Are you the shitter who also thinks Wizard is better than Gaim?
>>
>>14306632
He's still on the timer
>>
So they decided to reset the timer in early Ghost so they can match his final days with show's climax? There's going to be another our hero is dead episode again isn't it.
>>
>>14307720
I think we've got to understand what the "connecting with the heroes" plot is leading up to first. He's still got a few yet to go.
>>
>>14306777
As you can see in multiple posts in this thread, it's bad if Ghost does it.

>>14306919
Haruto and Koyomi was mostly the generic "we know the main guy and girl love each other but they really don't develop or at least hint it much" like Takeru and Akari now on Ghost.
There's also KoutaxMai and ShinnosukexKiriko which ended up together.
>>
>>14306573

That's a brilliant twist.

So of course they'll never use it.
>>
>>14307908
Do you really want this series to go full Bleach?
>>
>>14307071
I'd prefer an ending where he stays permanently a spirit protecting Earth, rather than ascending or coming back to life.
>>
>>14307914
Yeah, considering he likely will enter godhood.
>>
File: cxc.jpg (545KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cxc.jpg
545KB, 1280x720px
And the number gimmick live on..
>>
>>14305362
>Neckbeard
>>
>>14307922
8 ja nai!
>>
>>14307922
>and we here at mathx.com all laughing
>>
File: _194196.jpg (34KB, 779x752px) Image search: [Google]
_194196.jpg
34KB, 779x752px
>>14308927
>>14308989
I don't know if it was by design or not but it's kind of odd how they keep playing into it. Wizard did magic and five styles, Gaim specifically used locks (which look like 6s), Drive made a big deal of the angled tire and seatbelts (7), Ghost makes a big deal about eyes to the point of having sunglasses, then goes infinity (things resembling 8).

If the next rider busts out yinyangs or magatamas I'mma lose my shit.
>>
>>14309033
Occult after occult is unlikely. Maybe something involving coiling or spirals, like whips, snakes, plants, or hypnotism?
>>
When the fuck are we getting super Necrom, Takeru has enough fucking forms already.
>>
>>14309033
I thought the stupid argument for Wizard was that there were five fingers on the belt.
>>
>>14306744

Well I mean he was dead to begin with
>>
>>14309174
It's coming. There was a magazine scan saying that Necrom would get a power up. It might be just a kitbash though, considering the silhouettes.
>>
>>14309836
Source?
>>
>>14309174

"Super Necrom" is his ability to use the base Necrom form without a time limit.
>>
I just marathoned several episodes after giving up on the series for a while. Although it's not outstanding, some parts of it were really entertaining, particularly from ep. 20 onward (though I see the pacing hasn't changed from the start).

I've just been asking myself the same stupid question: where does Alain get his takoyaki in the post-Fumi fight/ending? Like...did he take it from the place she died?
>>
>>14314609

The text says that Necrom is getting a power up, Ghost and Specter too. There are three silhouettes. Ghost's seems to be a movie form though, not sure about the others.
>>
>>14315481
>The text says that Necrom is getting a power up
So we're getting a Specter Necrom? Neat.
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.