[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tomino uses the theme of war through misunderstanding a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

>Tomino uses the theme of war through misunderstanding a lot
>Ideon ended with the main characters being reincarnated

What if every universe Tomino has written about, including Gundam are the reincarnations of the Ideon cast?
>>
>>14301798
There's a noncanon manga that posits that.
>>
>>14301798
Interesting idea, but not the only series where he played the reincarnation card.

Dunbine also posits that those killed will have their souls travel to Byston Well to be reborn. It's not as overt as Ideon is with it, but it's still there.

Just a theme he worked with in a few of his shows.
There's even a little of it in how 0079 handled Newtypes (particularly Lalah).
>>
>>14301798
You answered your question when you posted a picture of Afro Amuro
>>
>>14301798
Pre or post Ideon?
>>
>>14301798
The funny part is that would also be consistent with Tomino's fixation on the cycles of history constantly repeating themselves for eons. Whether or not this carries any weight at all depends on if you're part of that camp that believes that all of Gundam is set in the same universe over a ridiculously long time frame. Honestly, the potential for fanon autism is staggering if you look at all of Tomino's stuff and it's derivatives through this lens; I remember I read someone saying that Xabungle was set in CC/RC before those were even things, but I've never seen Xabungle so I don't know if that's an actual possibility or not.
>>
>>14302415
>Xabungle
Turn a takes place on Earth while Xabungle takes place on Zola.
>>
>>14302213

Post Ideon obviously.
>>
>>14302213
Turn A and G Reco happen pre Ideon, everything else is post Ideon. Time is a flat circle.
>>
>>14302415
>>14302426

>>The people on Zola are Buff Clan survivors
>>
>>14301819
>>14301819
>>14301819
Can you name the manga?
Is it the Gunota one?
>>
>>14301798
In Unicorn, when Full Frontal and Bananagher go to the bigbang, there's a light. That's Ideon Sword.
Byston Well is the realm between earth and sea that "transports" the souls pulled by Earth's gravity to the ocean to our world.
>>
So if the reincarnation theory is right what about all the non UC Gundam series, are they before UC or after?
>>
>>14304592
Nah its like Ideon vs ZZ or some shit.
>>
File: 0 ideon.png (473KB, 778x438px) Image search: [Google]
0 ideon.png
473KB, 778x438px
>>14304651
There's no way to know that.
Just Ideon started it all

(and should be something before Ideon, since IDEON EXISTS and it's kind of an old civilization machine)
>>
>>14304651

Both, obviously. If time is circular then it's both at the same time.
>>
>>14304686

Let's say Turn A starts it all, I've not watched it yet but sounds like it fucks with history quite a bit, everything could branch from there and Ideon might be the end result.
>>
>>14304118
Oh okay.
Then literally anything can happen as long as all of Gundam comes before Ideon.
>>
>>14304686
"This light, it's Ideon Sword."
I just lost my shit
>>
>>14305282
I was hesitant when I first saw, but the sound effect makes no room for mistakes.

>>14304838
Why the hell do you think Turn A must start everything? There's even Zakus in the story. It's more like it is the FINAL gundam (but G-Reco took that place, now).
>>
>>14302426
Zola's actually a post apocalyptic Earth, Biel says so in the show.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.