[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

House of the Dying Sun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

So, it'll finally be out in June. Will any of you guys be picking this up?
>>
>>14290344
Oh shit, I completely forgot about this. Hell yes, I'll be picking it up.
>>
File: download.png (870KB, 2500x1071px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
870KB, 2500x1071px
I forgot the name changed too. http://dyingsungame.com/
>>
Yeah, been waiting for a slick arcade space game that isn't a neon beam wasteland.
>>
File: flash.jpg (106KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
106KB, 1920x804px
Oh cool, I wondered what happened to this game.
>tfw space flight games are making a comeback
>>
neat
>>
I see they renamed it from enemy starfighter. It's looking fucking great so far. Huge homeworld vibes. This might be a better sequal to homeworld than deserts of kharak. I got it on sale, and turns out nobody plays it anymore. Couldn't get a single multiplayer game.
>>
File: pretty good.jpg (278KB, 2995x2244px) Image search: [Google]
pretty good.jpg
278KB, 2995x2244px
>>14290344
>guy who did the space combat in Reach
YES
yes please
>>
>>14290344
looks neat, but since it's a Steam only game I'm not going to be able to play it anytime soon, as my laptop is old enough that it would probably explode trying to run it, guess I'll have to get my Spaceship needs through No Man's Sky later this month instead
>>
is the combat more like wing commander and x-wing or Rogue squadron?
>>
>>14291900
Dev said it is heavily influenced by TIE Fighter
>>
>>14291920
You have no idea how many pants have become semen soaked because of this statement.
>>
>>14291920
I like x-wing alliance better than tie fighter.
>>
File: 1463468818921.jpg (100KB, 592x750px) Image search: [Google]
1463468818921.jpg
100KB, 592x750px
I was pretty hyped until I saw this

>House of the Dying Sun works great with just a keyboard and mouse, but was designed with a dual-analog gamepad (Xbox 360, DualShock 4) as the "lead" controller. We highly recommend one of those. Don't buy a HOTAS specifically for this game!

Fucking consolized gamepad scum
>>
>>14290344

Never heard of it, but I loved the TIE Fighter and X-Wing games so I watched the trailer. The music focusing on drum beats reminded me of Battlestar Galactica to a distracting degree. Still, the game seems fun so I'll probably check it.
>>
It looks like hot shit.
>>
Why would they change the name into something this stupid?
>>
>>14292668

What was the old name? Just Dying Sun? That's really no better. All the "House of" bit adds is a reference to dynastic problems, which the game's story appears to revolve around so seems fitting. I'd say the new name is more memorable than the old even. Not a snappy name by any stretch, but Dying Sun is quite generic and forgettable.
>>
>>14292720
>What was the old name?
enemystarfighter
>>
>>14292729

That's worse. It's also generic and non-descriptive, but somehow more so than just Dying Sun. It's not catchy or evocative at all. The new name isn't great, but I don't think it's generic at least.
>>
>>14292741
I liked Enemy Starfighter as a name. It just had this sharpness to it that told you everything you needed about the game's plot, imbued it with a certain aged charm like a sci-fi novel's title from the 50s or so.
>>
>>14292668
Enemy Starfighter is too much of a generic term, so he couldn't get the copyright for it. It all has to do with IP ownership
>>14293093
House of the Dying Sun also has a very pulpy sci-fi feel to it
>>
The name must be a reference to the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgTSfJEf_jM
>>
>>14293605
No, I like it as well. There was just something starker about Enemy Starfighter. But I'd play this game even if it called Herpes Contraction.

>>14293614
Plus stuff like Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun, etc.
>>
>>14290344
Motherfucker, I'm getting this the second they let me throw money at it.
>>
>>14291900
It's based very heavily on Wing Commander Privateer 2
>>
>>14292617
But I already have a HOTAS...
>>
>>14294743
Same boat here

I hope it's not like Star Conflict where HOTAS players are hugely disadvantaged
>>
>>14294835
Star Conflict is an ELITE PEE VEE PEE E-SPORTS tournament though
>>
>>14294835
This is a single-player game, choose whatever you want.
>>
>>14292668
>stupid

it's literally about enacting the dying revenge mission of a fallen Emperor's House
>>
>>14295398
It's still a stupid name
>>
>>14291849
No Man's Sky got delayed to August, I thought.
>>
If it's anything like Colony Wars, I'll probably love it.
>>
>>14300434
>Colony Wars

Oh god you got me right in the nostalgia.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.