[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't /m/ made a mecha anime yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: m.png (2KB, 183x41px) Image search: [Google]
m.png
2KB, 183x41px
Why hasn't /m/ made a mecha anime yet?
>>
Torkaizer stuck in development hell
>>
Someone ring up Otaking.
>>
>>14288600
It'd be shit
>>
>>14288606
just like most mecha
>>
File: mike.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>14288606
>MazinGolfer is the most disappointing thing since Brights son
>>
>>14288600
Because 99 percent of us have no artistic ability.
>>
>>14288653
>Thinking its 99%
Probably closer to 95%
>>
Well, if my dreams don't fall apart and I know they will, I'm just being hopeful , I'm gonna make a fucking mecha show.

Now all I need is talent, a team, money, and a good pitch.
>>
We're trying a visual novel, does that count?
implying it'll ever actually be finished, that is
>>
>>14288727

> the visual novel is just waifus and references wrapped in the skin of a decent but underused sci-fi setting
> like every other visual novel
>>
>>14288727
>finally got capable artist
>died because of japanese cold

it's like everything is against us
>>
Too much creative infighting.

Some of us would want realistic mecha, some of us would want super robots, some of us would want man-sized power armor, then we would fight over pilots, some of us would want cute girl pilots, some would want grizzled middle-aged men pilots, it would be a mess.
>>
>>14288600
Because creating anything of worth requires a shit ton of time, effort, and often money.

Also collaborative online projects have the problem of being plagued by idea guys who think they're contributing by throwing around suggestions for characters, plots, designs, etc.

But the harsh truth is, this kind of thing is dime a dozen. It doesn't contribute shit. If you can't do art, designs, plot (and I mean actual scripts, not just giving plot ideas), your "contributions" aren't worth anything and just distract people who are actually doing something good for the project. If you can find such people in the first place that is.

/m/'s a relatively small board. The chance we find anons both willing and able to give something of value to a large online project is miniscule. The fact we got with the VN as far as we did is already a miracle, even if it just meant a bunch of character designs and art.
>>
>>14288919
This. The best way to ensure any QC at all would be if you have a team made of only two people.
>>
>>14288919
Clearly the solution is to have a realistic super power armor series with grizzled middle-aged cute pilots.
>>
>>14288919
This anon here >>14288929

See, that's exactly what I meant. People wouldn't contribute but they would give ideas on how it *should* be and they'd feel entitled to them. With five different ideas floating around only related to genre, if an actual artist does something that fits one, supporters of four others would bitch and complain.

So the artist feels unappreciated and leaves.
>>
File: Demo.gif (2MB, 258x181px) Image search: [Google]
Demo.gif
2MB, 258x181px
>>14288600
/m/ tried at one point. The story never got very far beyond some Gurren Lagann references and hot mecha designs.

You can't crowdsource this shit. You can only do it by yourself.
>>
>>14288600
because there are only like 12 people on this board
>>
>>14288929
All this is true. And sometimes things are just hard. A great example is VF-Kun and Outquest. He's got a vision for the game, handles the writing and core concepts himself, hires artists, etc. And that shit is still taking forever due to real world things.

Or Otaking trying to level up with way to making his own mecha episode by himself.

So even with small teams, there are a ton of barriers (time and money) to getting things done.
>>
>>14288600
/m/ isn't that proactive. i mean look at SRW E
>>
We got people who sub stuff

>>14288929
This. Any project that could work here would have to be one guy or a small team who just come here to talk about stuff
>>
>>14288929
*diamond dozen
>>
>>14288997

Why would you correct it with an incorrect corruption of the phrase?
>>
>>14289016
memes
>>
File: otaking.gif (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
otaking.gif
3MB, 853x480px
>>14288604
>>
>>14290352
Reminds me of Strikers 1945.
>>
>>14288600
Kitazume proved to us it's a disaster.
>>
>>14288600
because nobody listened to my idea of crowdsourcing everybody shots to make in stop motion like Father of Peace.

break the whole thing down into 5~10 second shots, then assign MS to everybody. Everybody stop motions based on what they've got (PGs and MGs for closeups, 1/144s for far shots) and then somebody who isn't me puts the whole thing together
>>
>>14288929
>hey guys let's make thing
>cool here's my WALLS OF TEXT
>often tries to take their essays seriously with no self awareness of quality or capability
>"fuck off I am contributing where's your essay fuckface this is why we can't have nice things nofunallowed.JPG blah blah blah"

Every fucking time
>>
>>14289016
Well allow me to play double's advocate here, I think that anon just took his letters for granite and got the expression wrong.
>>
>>14290352
didn't he did this too?
https://youtu.be/NY2V7hX-WJw?list=PL2C1911D12C30F19F
>>
>>14288653
>>14288657

And those that have it, are lazy
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 1052x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 1052x800px
>>14288600
Because I literally cannot fucking draw. I probably can't write either but hell I haven't even tried since I was a kid.

Being a piece of shit who sucks at everything kinda blows, but at least you have less stuff to worry about since there's nothing you can do. And hey, it's not like I'm much worse than the rest of the world
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.