[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was her fucking problem /m/ ? Just finished Victory Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

File: katejina loos.jpg (125KB, 850x531px) Image search: [Google]
katejina loos.jpg
125KB, 850x531px
What was her fucking problem /m/ ?

Just finished Victory Gundam and it's easily one of the most underrated UC Gundam. If you remove Shakti it's almost perfect.
>>
>>14282538

>hey kid wanna /ss/?
>nah
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14282538
You'd have to make the plot coherent and fix the enormous amount of characters to make it underrated.
>>
File: 9730.jpg (156KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
9730.jpg
156KB, 800x600px
>>14282543
>implying Uso refuse to /ss/
She don't really give a fuck about him, the moment she met Cronicle she forget about Uso and the others from the Ligua Militia.

>>14282545
What's wrong with the plot in Victory ? The plot is the same in every gundam anon, spacenoids cunts vs earth.

The enormous amount of characters isn't a problem because they all have some character development and for once even the kids can be useful during battles.
>>
>>14282560
>The enormous amount of characters isn't a problem because they all have some character development

The Shrike Team get zero development. That's like 9 characters right there. I don't recall Suzie getting much development either. Chronicle was shitty, Katejina was a forced character, Oliver died in a retarded way, the whole Angel Halo was stupid and we never got an explanation for Shakti and her mother being related.
>>
>>14282577
They don't need development because they are cannon fodder. Their only roles is to die so Uso lose his mind and sink into war. Same for Oliver.

Don't see a problem with Suzie. She is like Warren and Odelo, just orphans from war. She stick with them because she don't have the choice.

I agree that Cronicle was shit yeah, and a fucking jobber. But Katejina had a lot of potential, at first i thought she will be a spy for the Ligua Militia but her obsession for Cronicle was fucking dumb.

Pretty sure Shakti is just an illegitimate child of Maria, nothing more.
>>
>>14282577
>The Shrike Team get zero development.
Yes they fucking do you complete idiot, almost all of them get a bit of development before they die except the very first one. Oliver gets a lot of development, especially with marrying Marbet, Junko, and serving as a replacement father figure for Uso before he finally meets up with his own father, and he serves a mentor for Odelo and Tomache.
Junko gets a lot of development as well, also as serving as an older sister/mother figure to Uso, before he meets up with his real one. Even Peggy gets development, in addition to serving, along with all the other Shrike Team members that died, as development impetus FOR Uso. The ones that last until the very last episodes of the series also get development, in dealing with their other team members' deaths and being responsible for helping training Odelo and Tomache and supporting Uso.
Just because it isn't shoved in your face doesn't mean it's there.

>I don't recall Suzie getting much development either
If you don't recall then you ought to watch it again

>Chronicle was shitty
Not a genuine criticism if you can't say why

>Katejina was a forced character
This doesn't make any sense and is just a bullshit point

>Oliver died in a retarded way
Not a genuine criticism. Trying to sacrifice himself thinking it'd be effective, not knowing what the outcome would be, isn't retarded. It just turns out that not every kamikaze is worth it or effective, just like in real life

>the whole Angel Halo was stupid
Not a genuine criticism if you can't say why

>we never got an explanation for Shakti and her mother being related.
You see, when you adults love each other, they have something called sex. This sometimes results in a child being born. Not everything needs to be fucking explained you mongoloid
>>
>>14282602
>They don't need development because they are cannon fodder. Their only roles is to die so Uso lose his mind and sink into war. Same for Oliver.
>Don't see a problem with Suzie. She is like Warren and Odelo, just orphans from war. She stick with them because she don't have the choice.

You literally say in your post that the enormous amount of characters isn't a problem because they all get development. I just listed around 12 characters that didn't develop. Chronicle was around the whole show. As was Suzie and Connie. The Shrike Team being canon fodder was stupid. You don't feel anything for the characters dying because they aren't even really characters. I can't feel for Uso getting sad for most of them dying because he barely knew them and we barely knew them. It's forced drama.

>Pretty sure Shakti is just an illegitimate child of Maria, nothing more.

You wouldn't have to be pretty sure if the show said something about their relationship. Shakti looks nothing like Maria. You would except her to be adopted but no, she has the same abilities as Maria. It was a dumb plot point.
>>
>>14282617
>it's there.
it's not there*
>>
File: victory gundam 2.jpg (3MB, 4948x6888px) Image search: [Google]
victory gundam 2.jpg
3MB, 4948x6888px
>>14282538
you what it felt like to me. Tomino killed off Faula and he didn't have a crazy girl to use, So Katejina took the fall. just watch the last couple episodes, Katejina was totally "normal" in the mid-40 episode mark, soon as she gets in the Gottrlatan Shes a crazy lady
>>
>>14282620
>You literally say in your post that the enormous amount of characters isn't a problem because they all get development. I just listed around 12 characters that didn't develop.
But they do anon. Just like >>14282617 said, even if it's just a little, you can't say that they don't get any development. Just being close to Uso and fighting in the same war is development. Plus the whole father/mother/sister figure for Uso who was alone during a big part of his childhood.

>Chronicle was around the whole show.
Like i said i agree with you on this part, Cronicle is just a bad character and it's frustrating because he had the potential to be a great antagonist.

>You don't feel anything for the characters dying because they aren't even really characters. I can't feel for Uso getting sad for most of them dying because he barely knew them and we barely knew them. It's forced drama.
Uso is a child fighting in a war. Even if you are not VERY close to that person, if she die in front of your eyes you will be shocked. It's not forced at all.

>Shakti looks nothing like Maria.
Maybe she looks like her father, judging by her name and skin her father must be indian or some shit. She has the same abilities as the queen because they share the same blood, nothing dumb here.
>>
>>14282560
The thing with Cronicle is that he isn't some evil villain, he's a generally decent guy on the wrong side. Meanwhile, just before he shows up, League Militaire is forcing Uso to watch beheadings so he'll join up as a child soldier.
>>
>>14282632
>Katejina was totally "normal" in the mid-40 episode mark

I don't know about that.
She was already crazy after the attack on Woowig. The girl seems to have a rough life with her parents and she show her psycho side as soon as she worked for BESPA. I mean she was a civilian but unlike Uso she don't hesitated to kill people and her blind faith in Maria is also a sign that show how "broken" she is and the lack of love from her mother.

Fuala is crazy but her banishment in space fucked her up badly. I really love her chara-design with the bells though, what a creepy woman.
>>
>>14282641
>But they do anon. Just like >>14282617 said, even if it's just a little, you can't say that they don't get any development. Just being close to Uso and fighting in the same war is development. Plus the whole father/mother/sister figure for Uso who was alone during a big part of his childhood.

Except he didn't list any examples. He got on my case for not listing examples then didn't do so himself with the Shrike Team. Someone has to be a character before they develop. Which most of the Shrike Team aren't. I never said Oliver didn't develop. I said his death was shit. He took the brand new core fighter to the brand new unit and smashed in into a giant battleship expecting it to do something. It was a stupid death.

>Uso is a child fighting in a war. Even if you are not VERY close to that person, if she die in front of your eyes you will be shocked. It's not forced at all.

Uso is more mature than 90% of Gundam characters. That child excuse doesn't hold. He wasn't close to most of the Shrike Team. They were barely characters. He reacted less to people he actually knew dying like Odelo.

>Maybe she looks like her father, judging by her name and skin her father must be indian or some shit. She has the same abilities as the queen because they share the same blood, nothing dumb here.

You're missing the point. Obviously they share the same blood. But mixed children usually take on traits of both parents. Shakti looks nothing like the queen. She looks adopted. She's dark as hell.
>>
>>14282660

White + Black = Mulatto

Maria is a coal burner
>>
>>14282660
>But mixed children usually take on traits of both parents.

In fairness, we never see Shakti's dad, so I suppose there's wriggle room, maybe?
>>
>>14282660
>Uso is more mature than 90% of Gundam characters. That child excuse doesn't hold. He wasn't close to most of the Shrike Team. They were barely characters. He reacted less to people he actually knew dying like Odelo.

Mature people cry too. And he was quite close to them, first because of his young age he was attracted to them and they fought on the same side, they are friends on the battlefield. If that's not development then what is it.

Uso don't really have the time to mourn Odello because he's fighting and unlike most of the girls from the Shrike Team, Odello didn't die in front of Uso.
>>
>>14282753
>And he was quite close to them

He cried over a member that died the episode after he met them. He wasn't close to them. He was close to Junko. I can understand crying over her. She was actually a character. Maybe the one who held up the rail too. She had a fucked up death. The rest though?
>>
File: snow in kasarelia.jpg (83KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
snow in kasarelia.jpg
83KB, 600x336px
>>
>>14282538
>What was her fucking problem /m/ ?

Her conversion into a cyber newtype drove her a little bit nutty.
>>
>What was her fucking problem
Who cares? She's fucking hot.

Also a proto-Dorothy from Wing.
>>
>>14282894
I thought the whole "cyber newtype" thing was from the novel version of VGundam. In the anime it seems like her newtype power appear during the angel halo arc.
>>
>>14282560
Well chronicle did save her from getting raped, so she actually has a good reason for liking him.

But she was a bitch since the beguinning.
>>
>>14282986
I'm not sure 'cyber' is even a term they use in Gundam. They have artificial newtypes, sure, but I don't think they ever refer to them as 'cyber'.
>>
>>14283091
>But she was a bitch since the beguinning.
>"Uso, you should stop fighting and helping all of these mean adults who are just using you"

Pretty much. Even after that, she stopped caring much about Uso after seeing that he cared about Shakti way more.
>>
File: Chronicle maria shakti.png (675KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
Chronicle maria shakti.png
675KB, 704x528px
>>14282687
Unless the guy in the photograph in glasses is shackti's father, and in that case shakti is just really tanned.
>>
>>14283287
Considering how the two black lads have blue eyes tomino clearly isnt too bothered by genotypes and phenotypes
>>
File: almost-human-michael-ealy.jpg (650KB, 2089x3000px) Image search: [Google]
almost-human-michael-ealy.jpg
650KB, 2089x3000px
>>14284107
You're assuming that loads of people aren't mixed to hell and back.

There are black people, although not usually dark ones, with blue or green eyes. Michael Ealy is a pretty good example of this.
>>
File: 57-714.jpg (137KB, 1258x1600px) Image search: [Google]
57-714.jpg
137KB, 1258x1600px
>>
>>14282641
>Just being close to Uso and fighting in the same war is development.

That's not what character development is you retard.
>>
>>14282538
>What was her fucking problem /m/ ?
She was a teenager rebelling against the elite Earthnoid society from which she came, embodied in Woowig. She takes her hatred of that society too far, expressing pleasure in Woowig's destruction (as seen in >>14283091's image), but that sort of sentiment isn't so insane that you can't understand it. It's the sentiment behind so many anti-EF movements in the Universal Century.

When the League Militaire is encouraging Üsso to be a pilot, there are only two people to express displeasure with it, Marbet and Katejina. (And Shakti, but of course.) Even if the old men of the LM were in the right, I think we can all agree that they seemed like manipulative, uncaring assholes (see >>14282646). So it's not hard to see how Katejina could think of the LM as villainous. And if the LM is villainous, maybe the guillotine guys aren't as bad as it appears?

Then she meets one of the guillotine guys, and he's a stand-up guy who makes sure his comrade doesn't rape her. And this is the Queen's brother, so he should be a good model of the Queen's ideals.

Also, she thinks mobile suits are pretty. (When she first arrives at the Zanscare airbase in central Europe.)

I was surprised when she turned crazy too, but if you go back and pick up on all the details, we should have really saw it coming. Her actions are no more inexplicable than those of impressionable, justice-seeking young people in real life.

>If you remove Shakti it's almost perfect.
Shakti is great. Shakti is the heart and soul of Victory.

By the way, during the first Angel Halo brainwashing test, in Üsso's vision, he sees Katejina and says something like, "watch out, there's someone sneaking into your house." Was that supposed to mean that Üsso once snuck into her house, and that was how they met?
>>
>>14284607
>Shakti is the heart and soul of Victory.
>runs off to the enemy faction in an attempt to UNDERSTAND
>fails
>undaunted by failure, she tries again
>fails
>is used for a superweapon

She does indeed embody the shitshow that is victory.
>>
File: Katejina Fic.png (495KB, 1411x1831px) Image search: [Google]
Katejina Fic.png
495KB, 1411x1831px
>>
>Chronocle looked at the robot and thought to himself: It's the same colour as Katejina's vagina
>>
>>14282617
thank u for fighting the good fight fellow victoryfag
>>
>>14284703
I'm fucking dead right now
>>
File: 1454726739582.jpg (152KB, 573x853px) Image search: [Google]
1454726739582.jpg
152KB, 573x853px
>>14284165
>that cleavage
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (748KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
748KB, 3000x1688px
>Shakti
>Shak Ti
>Shaq Tea
>>
File: vegetable vs blind.png (1MB, 1483x526px) Image search: [Google]
vegetable vs blind.png
1MB, 1483x526px
Who suffered the most between Katejina and Kamille ?
If you forget about ZZ both of them have a horrible fate. These two endings are really grim and Tomino during zeta and victory must be a pain in the ass to live with.
>>
>>14286946

>If you forget about ZZ

Well, that's just a convenient limitation, so since Kamille recovers Katejina has the shittier ending by default.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.