[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New MN9 trailer:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 40

File: 1464231020546[1].png (627KB, 680x388px) Image search: [Google]
1464231020546[1].png
627KB, 680x388px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc
>>
>>14277377
I guess they don't want anime fans to buy their anime game
>>
Wow this tire fire keeps burning harder and harder every time I see it
>>
So they've invented megaman 20 years too late. Because I was just thinking the other day that the PS4 really needed to pick up some of that sidescroller game market share from the mobile app market.
>>
>>14277402
>So they've invented megaman 20 years too late.

31 years too late actually. MM is that old.
>>
>YFW you didn't back this
>>
>>14277402
One of the biggest names that made the original Megaman wanted to make a spiritual successor. Got a lot of attention during the crowd funding. Cause hey, how can you mess up a Megaman game from the tap? Then uh, >>14277392
>>
So refresh my memory, how many times has this game been delayed, and how close is it to an actual release? Because I remember the last few threads in the past talking about how Inafune's a hack/incompetent/whatever negative expletive.

I mean, I never crowdfunded this game so I don't know how all those people who put their money down on Kickstarter feel, but I can't imagine that they're happy.
>>
>>14277412
That ain't that old
>>
FUCK ANIME
>>
File: giorgiohecklegrin.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
giorgiohecklegrin.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>14277443
Honestly, I'd say I've been pretty lucky with Kickstarter. The only three projects I've backed are Bloodstained, Battletech, and Muv-Luv--Bloodstained is looking pretty cool even though they just have test stages up, Battletech seems like it's making good progress, and while I'm waiting on Muv-Luv, they at least haven't released anything as cringeworthy as that new MN9 trailer.

I feel really bad for the backers, honestly. It's astonishing to me how 4 million dollars and tons of optimism could get squandered so utterly.
>>
>>14277447
>One of the biggest names that made the original Megaman

Inafune is not a dev. He was an artist, then later producer. He started being a producer for MM8 and X4, well after the series hit its peak. When everyone thinks "Classic Mega Man" they think MM2, 3 X and the like. Not MM8 or X7.

Akira Kitamura is the series creator. Tokuro Fujiwara was producer for most of the classic games. People like him are WAY more important to Mega Man than Inafune ever was.

Inafune is exaggerating his role by saying he's "co-creator" of mega Man (he joined the MM1 dev team late in development). He's a hack and a fraud who got lucky to be near a series that got popular.
>>
>>14277448
It's been delayed at least three times, I think, but it's finally close to release. They said it's "gone gold" and would be out on June 21. But knowing Inafune, they might screw something up anyways. Even the backer surveys seem to have been messed up, I've seen posts on /v/ laughing about how the MN9 guys lost the backer data or messed up the console selection surveys or something. As >>14277392 said, this tire fire keeps burning hotter and brighter and I don't think it's gonna stop.
>>
>>14277466

ive seen people just same the game's a steam pile and from everything Ive seen Im inclined to believe them. I really just want to know where all the money went, cocaine and hookers aren't that expensive
>>
>>14277470
It's hard to say for sure, but some of it probably went into that Red Ash kickstarter that flopped and got saved by a suspicious chinese company (I'm not making this up, see http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-29/comcept-red-ash-game-project-funded-by-fuze-entertainment/.91063 and then look up "fuze entertainment") but some of it probably went for a planned TV series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmY3jd0z8ho

From what I understand of the game development process, Inafune might perhaps have wanted to get some of his team working on a new game as soon as possible, which was why he launched Red Ash. But to even make a trailer for a cartoon series before the game is out bespeaks both hubris and incompetency, IMO.
>>
File: mike's got the pool key.jpg (142KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
mike's got the pool key.jpg
142KB, 512x512px
>>14277460
HACK FRAUD
>>
>>14277460
Eh, I read up on that before my post and didn't care to make a big statement about it. He seemed to good work for the time as a pixel artist. Like a wood boring beetle, he was in when the frame was laid, and emerged later.
>>
>>14277449
Isn't it old in video game years?
>>
File: akatsuki nom.jpg (81KB, 522x613px) Image search: [Google]
akatsuki nom.jpg
81KB, 522x613px
>>14277488

I just can't understand how MN9 can make 4 times it's asked goal and then turn around and say they had to cut shit for "BUDGET REASONS"
>>
>>14277470

The game is ported to an ungodly amount of consoles. Each port costs money and time to develop. Each port has fees to get it sold on those stores. And the handheld version has to be fully remade since UE3 is not going to work on handhelds. So that's even more time and money.

It is a VERY poorly managed project.
>>
>>14277512
Have they ever brought up cost? This really seems like something that would be more fitting in the digital market release.
>>
>>14277509
I think >>14277512 made a good point too. The MN9 people made a very poor decision to port it to as many consoles as they did; in fact from what I've heard putting it on the 3ds meant they had to skimp on a lot of stuff, most notably the graphics. It's possible the game would look much better than the absolutely horrid models we've seen if they didn't have to worry about how it would run on past-generation systems. Also, again like anon said, UE3 fucked them over, it just wasn't a good choice for a project like this. They might have had an easier time with UE4, but that wasn't out yet when they were setting things up.

TL;DR: A combination of incredibly poor platform choices, wasting money on cartoons and crap, and plain bad luck with UE3 were the three big nails in Beck's coffin.
>>
>>14277526
>3ds

good job wrecking shit for everyone nintend

ah who am I kidding you fuckers aren't to blame. For this one.
>>
>>14277508
Not really
>>
>>14277536
Ayy
>>>/v/
>>
File: twit.png (513KB, 809x515px) Image search: [Google]
twit.png
513KB, 809x515px
>>
>>14277608
Did you see the head of Inti Creates himself say what a terrible trailer it was? This is a real fiasco.
>>
>>14277608
The Sonic twitter is the best thing to come from Sonic since the 90s.
>>
Well, this game is supposed to ape 8/16 bits nostalgia, right? If anything it captured the early 90s Poochie Era's cringeworthy marketing amazingly well.
>>
>>14277641
This shit is nuts. The patronizing is delicious.
>>
>>14277686

Sadly I don't believe it was either intentional or meant to be ironic
>>
File: 1377024666674.gif (482KB, 240x167px) Image search: [Google]
1377024666674.gif
482KB, 240x167px
>>14277377
Haven't seen the new trailer, but if the buzz is anything to go by, not sure that I want to.

Not gonna lie, I feel like I'm one of the few people left on the planet who thought the game looked and played fine, (graphics could be a lot better, but I understand they're making compromises porting it to every platform in existence) but the mess surround it is even testing my patience at this point. I'd like to give it a chance and judge it on it's own merits once released, but GODDAMN.

I seriously hope they learn their lessons from this going into Red Ash...
>>
File: 1443481865963.jpg (10KB, 292x215px) Image search: [Google]
1443481865963.jpg
10KB, 292x215px
>>14277698
so was the 90s ads
>>
>>14277775
>I seriously hope they learn their lessons from this going into Red Ash...

And I seriously hope for world peace, and end to poverty and for Kanuka Clancy to come out my monitor and blow me but none of that shit is happening, is it.
>>
File: original.jpg (188KB, 700x1757px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
188KB, 700x1757px
Recap.

http://techraptor.net/content/might-no-9-lesson-manage-community

http://techraptor.net/content/takeaway-mighty-no-9s-former-community-manager

The MN9 staff has been just insulting the fans over and over again, and now they release a trailer which goes "YOU'RE A BUNCH OF FUCKING VIRGIN LOSERS LOL GO BACK TO YOUR ANIMUS".
>>
>>14277377

IN HIS WORLD

HIS WORRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD
>>
>Might Nope
>Inafuckyou
hahahaha the fact people paid for this is still hilarious
>>
>>14277956
>Jamus' email he got by accident

I don't think I've seen him around in ages
>>
>This commercial was freaking siiiickkkkkkk!!!! I was busting some sweet tricks on my tech deck board and then all of a sudden this played on my computer and i yelled at my mom to buy me this game and some MOUNTAIN DEW!!!

Sometimes Youtube comments get it right
>>
File: Kirby's_Adventure_Coverart.png (159KB, 256x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby's_Adventure_Coverart.png
159KB, 256x350px
Can anyone tell me why the main mechanic was cut? I've seen too many games do it on much smaller budgets.
>>
>>14277526
>from what I've heard putting it on the 3ds meant they had to skimp on a lot of stuff, most notably the graphics
Yet another problem that would have been easily solved by 2D graphics
>>
>>14277641
>>14277694
They've actually talked about Sonichu before. It's insane.
>>
>>14278191
I've heard that 3d in general can sometimes pose unexpected problems for sidescrollers. There was another Kickstarter game, "Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries" that seemed like it was going well--they released the first part on steam--but they weren't able to release the second part, or send out some backer rewards. The reason they gave was that partway through development, they wanted to go for a semi-3D environment rather than just straight 2D, and that ended up costing them a ton more than they expected and they ran out of money.
>>
>>14278186

TIGHT BUDGET
>>
>>14278191
Yep, look at Gunvolt.
I am very biased because of STG, but nothing beats 2D mechs.
>>
>>14278186
>Can anyone tell me why the main mechanic was cut?

Because the kickstarter raised too much money. They got triple what they wanted and think to themselves "holy fuck it's easier to get money out of the people than we thought!"

At that point the focus shifted from making the game to making more money.
>>
Inafune was at the helm for the majority of the MM franchise -- barring 1, 2, and 3, where he was still responsible for a good deal. So while he isn't the sole father/creator, MM is still his baby in a lot of ways.

I also don't see him claiming to be the co-creator. People call him that.

Inafune was character designer on 1, 2, and 3. He was a planner and "object designer" for 4 through 7. He was producer for 8 through 10 and Bass. Not sure of the specifics for object designer, but he's said his responsibilities grew during his time at Capcom. I doubt it was a demotion from character designer.

All of those are major roles in making a video game.
>>
>>14278221
Hi inafuckyourself
>>
File: domon.jpg (30KB, 1045x800px) Image search: [Google]
domon.jpg
30KB, 1045x800px
>>14278221
>Inafune was at the helm for the majority of the MM franchise
>>
>>14278191
What I want to know is why low poly isn't a thing?

I get going for the classic 2D look and sprite stuff, but why haven't more developers explored PS1 and N64 style graphics?

Look at Crash Bandicoot, Banjo Kazooie, and Spyro. Those games look fine. Why don't we have more games with graphics like that? Is it not cost effective to do?
>>
>>14278243

The hate he gets is completely unwarranted. He is the co-father or adopted father of Mega Man, and one of the most important people to the series. So he's made one bad game. Things happen. Unforseen problems arise. Kick starter might not have been the best choice. And Comcept is a new company. This is their first game.

Was MM1 any good? No it was terrible too.

People are rushing off on a band wagon of hate now which puts MN9-2 in real jeopardy. Imagine if the same thing had happened to Mega Man and it was killed in its infancy as well before Inafune could turn it into the series we know and love?
>>
File: mno9.jpg (113KB, 800x315px) Image search: [Google]
mno9.jpg
113KB, 800x315px
>>14278251
Because N64/PS1 games actually take a lot of effort to look good. You can't just shit them out like AGS games

>>14278256
>So he's made one bad game
I'm no mathematician but I'm pretty sure 1/1 isn't a great statistic
>>
>>14278256
The thing is that he's had a absurd amount of time and money to develop this game and created a mediocre product on the most basic levels.
>>
>>14278261
My god that pic feels so fucking true that a little bit of me died.
>>
>>14278256
>Was MM1 any good? No it was terrible too.
Have you considered suicide?
>People are rushing off on a band wagon of hate now which puts MN9-2 in real jeopardy
I'm sure some shady Chinese investor will save it before it gets there, don't worry
>>
>>14278263
>absurd amount of time and money

4 million dollars is NOT a lot of money. If anything the game was under funded. AAA games cost 50 million dollars or more. Inafune did the best he could given the small budget.
>>
>>14278273

1 is a completely forgettable game. If not for the sequels no one would know anything about it. It wasn't until later games, games that Inafune had more involvement in btw, that the series turned great. MM9 and 10 are widely considered some of the best, which were directly created under Inafune's super vision.
>>
>>14278274
wew lads

Who had that image comparing MM9's budget to all those other games?
>>
File: shit what stupid you said.jpg (32KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
shit what stupid you said.jpg
32KB, 624x480px
>>14278284
>1 is a completely forgettable game
>>
File: mighty gunvolt.jpg (73KB, 438x370px) Image search: [Google]
mighty gunvolt.jpg
73KB, 438x370px
>>14278274
>Inafune did the best he could given the small budget.
His best wasn't good enough
>>
>>14277956
If people hadn't spent so much time getting worked up about the community manager, we might have seen the development troubles much sooner. Too many people crying wolf distracted from the real problem.
>>
It fascinates me just how much of a shift in fortunes this signaled for Inafune.

When he split with Capcom and announced this, the fanbase was all on his side. He was the hero Megaman needed and those sticks in the mud at Crapcom couldn't appreciate his vision.

Flashforward to now and all that good will is toast and he's decried as an utter hack with his work on Megaman being reduced to a minimum.
>>
>>14278274
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>14278313
Yeah. I've mentioned before that I sincerely wonder what Inafune is gonna do now. His name must be completely covered in mud from an investor's perspective (at least) now. I'd wonder if he'll just bow out and retire before he digs himself even deeper, but then I remembered he still has Red Ash to deal with, along with the shady Chinese company backing it.
>>
>>14278298
This game was actually pretty good!
>>
>>14278327
Look man, you gotta understand that being famous is enough for some people.
Look at goddamn John Romero
>>
File: Dragons-Crown-Box-Art.jpg (131KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons-Crown-Box-Art.jpg
131KB, 500x525px
>>14278274
>1 million dollars
>one fourth of MM9's budget
>>
>>14278324
>Are you an idiot?
$4M is not very much for a game that has been in development for three years.
>>
>>14278274
Money =/= Quality

All people want was another Megaman style game. I doubt any of the original Megaman games came close to costing 50 million dollars to make. Now, I understand the costs of making games today is different from making them in the 80s and 90s, but the ONLY thing people wanted from this was a great 2D sidescroller that with aesthetically pleasing graphics and music that had Megaman inspired gameplay.

I think that's something they could get accomplished with 4 million dollars. But clearly, the talent just isn't there.
>>
>>14278339

Static 2D game with little movement, worlds to explore or animations. NOT comparible to a full 3D game in a 3D engine. Apples meets oranges.
>>
>>14278343
>but the ONLY thing people wanted
...was not the thing that was being sold.
>>
File: bait fishing pole.jpg (213KB, 1600x1584px) Image search: [Google]
bait fishing pole.jpg
213KB, 1600x1584px
>>14278344
>>
>>14278344
> NOT comparible to a full 3D game in a 3D engine
But Dragon's Crown looks drastically better than Mighty No 9, and MNo9's budget to begin with was only $500k before all the cut features.
>>
>>14278344
Dragon's Crown has a ton of animations, though. Its world is also respectably large--like 9 stages with 2 routes or so, wasn't it? Thats probably more than MN9.

>>14278341
The fact that it's been in development so long is another problem. While delays are understandable, a year or more of delays is an indication that something has gone very wrong. Sometimes studios can recover from this--I hear the Last Guardian is finally, FINALLY coming out...eventually--but it looks like MN9 wasn't able to do so.
>>
>>14278256
>>14278274
>the state of this fucking spastic
keep it coming you're hilarious
>>
>>14278311

They hired a woefully incompetent CM. That shows that there were major problems with how the management of the project. The CM was given to the girlfriend of some one who worked on the game. Apparently no real thought was put into it.

The project has been woefully mis managed from day 1. Everything about it is wrong. But you're right, people over reacted to the bad CM, because it was very obvious.

But let's recap:

>1. Multi Media franchise before the first game.

Inafune thought he could just transfer the entire MM fanbase over to his own game. He wanted a movie, tv show, merchandise, etc to launch when the game launched. But that's not how it works. A MM-clone might get people's attention, but you need to build a fan base. release one game, release more, then branch out.

>2. Full 3D game

This seems to massively eat up a lot of budget. There's talk that 3D games are easier to make or animate, and I'm not so sure about that. The 2D console games seem to have costed pennies compared to the AAA games we have today. I don't know if the Japanese devs were using their workers like slaves (they do that to animators so it's possible). But whenever 3D is involved the budget just seems to baloon. You probably need 30 million or more to make a really polished game like MN9.

It should have been some form of 2D. I think people would have been very happy with a 720x480 2D game that played very well. People play games on emulators that are half that resolution. The SD development would have kept costs dramatically down.

There's a lot of Doujin games that work in 480p resolution and they look great, have great animations and seem to cost little. Taking that approach, would have kept costs low, and with a decent 4 million budget could have made a very polished game.

The other approach is HD drawn sprites. Instead of sprites constructed by pixels, they are hand drawn and then imported into the game. This costs more than SD 2D, but less than 3D.
>>
>>14278354
>The fact that it's been in development so long is another problem. While delays are understandable, a year or more of delays is an indication that something has gone very wrong.

The communication with backers have been very poor as well. Delays were discovered by news sites before backers were informed. Last round of surveys were in broken English, meaning they're not involved with 8-4 anymore. No wonder Capcom cancelled all of Inafune's games.
>>
>>14278363
>They hired a woefully incompetent CM.
Holy crap, please don't rehash this, I've read about it hundreds of times. Whatever you think about that person, it was not a cause worth rallying around, and had the effect of tainting legitimate development concerns with a misogynist tint. You picked the wrong battle and we all lost.
>>
>>14278313
not to mention the Megaman franchise is still dead with no hope of returning, only empty teases if even that.

So nobody has anything now.
>>
>>14278371

she was terrible at her job no one said anything about gender you fucking shit
>>
>>14278363

>3. Community Manager.

We already covered this. But a CM who gets into flame wars and injects politics into posts with fans just looks terrible and reflects bad on the management. It's a sign that there was not a lot of thought put into hiring the CM.

>4. The engine

After going full 3D they chose Unreal Engine 3. This is a terrible choice. It is an engine meant for consoles and PC. It would never work on Handhelds. So why were handhelds added as a stretch goal? They had to remake the entire game for those, which adds costs and delays. In the end, they didn't even able to get the 3DS or VITA version out in time, so those versions are going to be drastically delayed.

Support for UE3 ended just as they started developing.

>5. The ports

Inafune aimed to have this ported to everything. Everything. Even if you create a new engine for handhelds, the 3DS version drastically acts as a bottleneck for the quality of the graphics. It looks like some mobile game or some budget Game Cube title. And in many ways that's exactly what it is. Aiming it for PS3, 360, and PC would have meant it would look MUCH better.

>6. The Staff

The director of MN9 is Koji Imaeda. He really should get more blame for the sad state of the game. Or maybe Inafune should for hiring him. Imaeda has zero experience with a 2D platformer.

The level design consists of a bunch of static hallways padded with areas where you stop and fight enemies. It's really lame.
>>
>>14278376
What if Capcom rides on this wave and makes a back-to-basics megaman game?

They did say they something how some of their franchises are not used to their maximum potential.
>>
>>14278378
>she was terrible at her job no one said anything about gender you fucking shit
Good for you, because everyone else was saying that shit. And her job had zero bearing on the final game.

Anyone with criticisms about the actual game kept their mouth shut for a year because they didn't want to be associated a bunch of demented stalkers.
>>
>>14278378
Gamergate will inevitably drop in and cause cancer. It's already ruined my dream of destroying Kotaku by focusing on mysoggyknees bitching.
>>
>>14278385
>What if Capcom rides on this wave and makes a back-to-basics megaman game?
They're making a MM mobile game, so
>>
>>14278385
>What if Capcom rides on this wave and makes a back-to-basics megaman game?
It would be beyond hilarious if right as right as this worthless crap came out (>implying it ever comes out/spoiler]) Capcom came along and dropped a trailer for some good Megaman stuff just to fuck it more.
>>
>>14278393
>Good for you, because everyone else was saying that shit. And

A handful of people where saying that, and instead of actually acknowledging the legit concerns they used misogyny as a get out of criticism free card

>>14278397
>Gamergate will inevitably drop in and be used as a scapegoat
>>
>>14278406

If Capcom was smart they'd make a parody trailer, with Mega Man dodging Pizza explosions.
>>
>>14278365
Yeah, the surveys have been a trainwreck on their own. I've heard people say they fucked up the console choice or something and had to resend the surveys.

In reference to the CM, though, on that point I have to defend Comcept a *little* bit. That sort of nepotism is really common in the corporate world, it's a common adage that you get jobs based on who you know as much as your actual expertise. It's not even just boyfriends/girlfriends, a lot of the time companies hire people that the boss knew in college, or the children of a personal friend, or something like that. So Inafune/Comcept hadn't done something exceptionally egregious when they hired an employee's girlfriend. It was one of those things that didn't seem like it would be a terrible idea at the time, and you could only see how bad it was in retrospect.
>>
>>14278410
>legit concerns
The concern was that she had a "feminist agenda". All evidence of nepotism was discovered after trawling through her social media like a jilted ex going through someone's trash. It was embarrassing to everyone who plays video games. Also, it only escalated from there. Now any woman working in any game company is a target. Why would you defend this? Why do you want to die on this hill?
>>
>>14277538
What about dog years?
>>
>>14278337

>John Romero

Man, the memories of Daikatana and how "John Romero's about to make you his bitch. Suck it down" just came back to me how nostalgic and I wonder if he regretted giving that ad the greenlight
>>
>>14278420

CM is an important job because it's VERY visible. I doubt Inafune was even involved in that decision and it was delegated to someone else. Guy recommends his girlfriend, they say sure whatever.

But it's such a visible position. It's the Game's Ambassador.

And then they see the ambassador isn't a Mega Man fan who gets into flame wars constantly. It's a disaster.

The CM kisses ass. Even if they didn't like MM games, they talk about how they love them, etc. Fluffy inoffensive bullshit.
>>
>>14278420
Right, the people who make, market and report on games is a very small world. Everyone knows each other. It's only a major offensive when you are a nerd who is mad at the world looking for some shred of evidence against ooky girls in muh hobby.
>>
>>14278414
I'd buy it in an instant.
>>
>>14278440
>CM is an important job because it's VERY visible.
Name three community managers.
>>
>>14278438
>how nostalgic and I wonder if he regretted giving that ad the greenlight

He did.

The ad was supposed to reflect the smack talking that goes on during Death Matches. That didn't come across in the ad at all.
>>
>>14278424
>The concern was that she had a "feminist agenda"
No, the concern that she was looking at all the twitter profiles of all the forum users and blocking anyone who mentioned Gamergate with the official MN9 Twitter account, was banning anyone she didn't like from the forums, and kept editing posts of people she didn't like into "warnings" for violating the "rules".
>>
>>14278450
but they had badthink so it's okay
>>
>>14278448
John Hardin
The NISA faggot who says censorship is okay because who wants creepy weeb games lmao
Based Tom from XSEED
>>
if it was a low-poly ps1 thing it would look a lot cooler
this is just pathetic, like if this was a school project it would be okay, ignoring that it missed the due date by a year or whatever
but as a commercial release with millions of dollars and unlimited time behind it it's just bad comedy
>>
>>14278448

Seth Killian.
>>
>>14278458
What do Japanese people know about game design anyway.
Thank god there's some Americans to fix their stupid mistakes!
>>
>>14278450
>No, the concern that she was looking at all the twitter profiles of all the forum users and blocking anyone who mentioned Gamergate with the official MN9 Twitter account, was banning anyone she didn't like from the forums, and kept editing posts of people she didn't like into "warnings" for violating the "rules".

So she sheltered MN9 community from hate speech? Then she was good at her job.
>>
>>14278469
>Seth Killian.
Heh, that was the only one I could think of.
Aside from "That Guy" and "What's His Face?"
>>
>>14278479
go police speech on some other site tranny hitler
>>
>>14278424
Just stop. It's clear you only have a very basic knowledge of what went down.
>>
File: m'lad.jpg (52KB, 604x609px) Image search: [Google]
m'lad.jpg
52KB, 604x609px
>>14278479
>>
>>14278489
>Just stop. It's clear you only have a very basic knowledge of what went down.
What was happening was so clear to everyone. The endless rants and needless details were an attempt to obfuscate something that was very simple.
>>
This is not a very effective means of making a game look desirable.
>>
>>14278424
>Now any woman working in any game company is a target.
No, any outspoken SJW that works in a game company is a target. Gender is irrelevant.
>>
File: 1464279156195.png (217KB, 516x719px) Image search: [Google]
1464279156195.png
217KB, 516x719px
Since there isn't a Mega Man thread, I'll just dump this here

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/26/11785728/mega-man-animated-series-2017-details
>>
>>14278532
>Adam Sessler
>Anthony Burch
>Moviebob
>the fat guy at Bioware who used to make Baldur's Gate expansions for free
Checks out
>>
>>14278537
Okay, pardon my ignorance, but who's Mega-Mini? Is that like the Scrappy-Doo of megaman?
>>
>>14278532

Because they're obnoxious. They get into flame wars, use ad hominems and shaming tactics rather than honest debate. People over react to them though. They should just ignore them.
>>
>>14278532
>dur hur sjw

She was banning people, editing their posts, and blocking them from the official MN9 twitter for no reason.
>>
>>14278334
Thats the hilarious part, this game was made specifically to advertise MN9 and given for free to anyone who got Gunvolt and yet is was pretty fucking good, it speaks about how the whole "4 million isn't much" is pure bullshit, Inti was able to do something incredibly good on their spare time for a celebration and actually start up a new franchise with their own money using only their salaries and time between contractsThey also did all of that while MN9 was still being made
>>
>>14278537
>The kids like Tron, right? And those Chinese cartoons, right? Make it look like that I guess.
I can't wait for the shitty tie-in game.

>>14278550
And that disproves what I said how?
>>
>>14278524
Oh look its a damage controlling retard who sees nothing wrong with hiring a batshit insane feminist girlfriend of one of the devs who's never played mega man to manage a 98% male community based on playing megaman games.

Just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>14278558
>>The kids like Tron, right?

I DO like Tron. Olivia Wilde is a mega QT3.14
>>
>>14277526
Publishing fees per platform at the minimum is a five-figure sum. No kidding.

I assume for MN9, that the companies asked for six digits.
>>
>>14278564
I'm not sure the mega man fanbase would be 98% male--from what I recall, a few girls (not a majority by any means, but more than you'd expect) liked the games, particularly the Legends series. But yeah, that lady was an unfortunate choice for CM. I think it's a lesson for employers to check the social media of anyone they potential hire. I'm very certain her boyfriend never said anything about her politics, just "hey, my gf's willing to be a community manager," and they just accepted. It might have saved everyone a lot of trouble if they'd taken a look at her twitter, noted she was of a feminist bent, and then went with someone less likely to be controversial.
>>
>>14278564
>98% male community
You're so close, just keep looking and you'll see it
>>
>>14278552
Gunvolt is getting a sequel soon isn't it?
>>
>>14278579
>I think it's a lesson for employers to check the social media of anyone they potential hire

Better yet, just publish the names and addresses of the candidates and the internet will vet them for you
>>
>>14278579
or hey here's a radical idea, how about hiring someone who plays megaman to manage their fucking megaman community?
>>
>>14278584
Hopefully it will be better and have a translation that isn't shit
>>
>Rock and Roll
>__ck and __ll
>Beck and Call
wow who would expect this guy to rip people off he seems so not a guy to rip things off
>>
>>14278584
This summer actually, so if there is another delay in MN9 GUnvolt will have a sequel released before MN9 ever releases
>>
>>14278591
>sequels
THE TRUE HEIR TO MEGAMAN HAS BEEN FOUND
>>
>>14278537
The Tron style armor doesn't look too terrible, but the face design, specifically the eyes, seem very amateurish.

If the animation is stylized well, it could work. I'll hold off judgment till I see it in motion.
>>
>>14278590
Nigger everybody knows it's a Not Megaman game, that was the entire point. The problem is it was supposed to be good.
>>
>>14278588
>someone who plays megaman to manage their fucking megaman community?
They needed someone to come into the office, it was not a position you can fulfill from your mom's basement.
>>
>>14278617
>Forum moderators need to come into the office,

Just fuck off and kill yourself already.
>>
>>14278558
>The kids like Tron, right? And those Chinese cartoons, right? Make it look like that I guess.

But we already had Battle Network though.
>>
>>14278627
>Just fuck off and kill yourself already.
You first.
It was actually an office position, sorry basement-kun.
>>
>>14278565
You ever watch Tron Uprising? It's pretty damn good.
>>
>>14278590
Red Ash

redash

Re: Dash
>>
>>14278632
You'd be an idiot to take the job of a forum moderator at an office
>>
>>14277454

I backed Battletech and Wasteland 2.

Wasteland 2 was a fantastic squad-based RPG, and like you said, Battletech is coming along nicely.

>>14277460

This. Say what you want about Tim Schafer, but at least Schafer has actually fucking made games in his career, a lot of games in fact.

I don't think Broken Age was bad, in fact I thought it was a really nice point-and-click adventure game, but Tim has no idea how to handle money or a schedule.
>>
>>14277377

too late don't care

eat shit inafune
>>
>>14278642
I've backed a ton of garbage, but there has been stuff worth it. (Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, etc)

It's also nice when developers take feedback. Shadowrun returns was very disappointing, but then they made Dragonfall.
>>
>>14278642
Battletech is entering the tricky phase where they solidify the elements of gameplay. So people will start to get pissy about some features not making the cut. The notion that there *might* not be multi-targeting send shockwaves through the forums.
>>
>>14278642
LucasArts was the only company able to keep Tim on a schedule.
>>
>>14278639
He's probably making up the office part. Because he's a fucking retard defending the hiring of this crazy bitch.

This dumb slut draws pictures of chicks in bikinis and then tweets at kojima telling him to go fuck himself for quiets costume. She and anyone white knighting for her need to fucking kill themselves immediately.

It's bizzare that a thread about mighty no 9 being shit managed to go for so many posts without mentioning the elephant in the room.
>>
>>14278186
what wsa the main mechanic going to be again?
Being able to use all the boss moves?
>>
Gameplay's probably gonna be tight. Shit graphics though. Wish they had done a sprite thing, but that probably would have been to expensive. This trailer was horrible, that probably didn't help.
>>
>>14278438
Jesus, I think I remember seeing that ad in a GamePro back in the 90's. Though granted, I was like 10 at the time and had no idea what it meant, but still.
>>
>>14278349
It looks better because their lead artist is fucking amazing and has talent out of the wazoo.
Not everything comes out to budget.
>>
>>14278670
>probably would have been to expensive.

They got three times the money they were asking for. Where do idiots like you keep coming from?
>>
>>14278438

I can't get angry at Romero, he's too nice.

Carmack can eat shit though. That dude has legit brain problems.
>>
>>14278669

Regular enemy transformations, like in Kirby.

>>14278670
>Gameplay's probably gonna be tight.

haha

We have videos of the stages. It's boring hallways mostly. Really lifeless with no care about enemy placement.

MM9 was tight gameplay. This is not.
>>
>>14278659
>It's bizzare that a thread about mighty no 9 being shit managed to go for so many posts without mentioning the elephant in the room.

Dude this is a three ring circus
>>
>>14278639
>You'd be an idiot to take the job of a forum moderator at an office
You want me to shower? EVERY DAY!?
>>
>>14278750
>implying I'm not Chad Thundercock
Look man if you're computer job requires you to shower you're just not getting paid enough.
>>
>>14278659
>It's bizzare that a thread about mighty no 9 being shit managed to go for so many posts without mentioning the elephant in the room.

The point is that the fucking community manager nonsense distracted everyone from the game being shit until it was too late to do anything. You picked the wrong battle.
>>
>>14278642
>no idea how to handle money or a schedule.

Kickstarter has actually showed me how important the business side of game development is. People give a lot of the big name companies shit, but effective management is just as important to game development as the creative side.
>>
>>14278679
Regardless of how much money they got, it's still only a fraction of what a game with this wide of a release would have gotten at a major company. Just cause they got more money than they asked for doesn't mean it's gonna be some AAA game all of a sudden. It's a fucking kickstarter game, the expectations should have been low. They're cutting corners regardless cause if they happen to spend too much, where do they got?

Seems like they wanted a small game, but got too much money, so tried to bump up the quality but over shot it. Then the delays and the "3 times the money" makes stupid people expect AAA level games.
>>
>>14278758
>Then the delays and the "3 times the money" makes stupid people expect it to not get worse-looking over time.
>>
>>14278659
You sound like a refugee from r9k. Dina was a terrible choice for cm, sure, but chill out man.
>>
>>14278753
>distracted everyone

It was her job to communicate the criticism from the community to the developers. If the community's criticisms didn't reach the right people it's her fault.
>>
>>14278438
He does if the Blackroom Kickstarter was any indication, there was a stealth apology at the bottom of the FAQ.
>>
Shovel Knight asked for less, got less, came out MUCH faster, they already finished a free dlc, and it looks and plays leagues better.

I mean, that really says it all, doesn't it?
>>
>>14278766
She tweeted "fuck you" to one of the worlds most famous developers for bullshit reasons, using her real name. I don't even remember if she was working for them at that point. Maybe she's the one who needs to chill out. A guy would have been fired for that.
>>
>>14278769
GG's bullshit gave the game a pass from even casual criticism. No one wanted to be lumped in with them.
>>
>>14278776

And it's more original take on the Mega Man formula.

It takes the Downward stab mechanic from Zelda II, which is wildly under used, and gives it to the player at the beginning of the game. And the character is placed in a very Mega Man style colorful world with cartoony enemies. It's not just a MM clone.
>>
>>14278776
It helps when you wait to see if it's successful before porting it to everything
>>
>>14278780
I'm not saying she wasn't terrible, I'm saying she was a drop in the bucket of shit compared to mn9s other problems.
>>
>>14278782
If there was any actual argument in GG it's long been drowned by the idiots.
I guess the moral of the story is "if you've got a point don't ask fucking /v/ for help".
>>
>>14278789
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but maybe, just maybe the game has so many problems because the liaison between the community and the devs is a crazy bitch who doesn't even like megaman.
>>
File: mona plague date.jpg (554KB, 1010x799px) Image search: [Google]
mona plague date.jpg
554KB, 1010x799px
>>14278776

the free DLC was even better than the actual game
>>
File: tumblr_n7ymaleuvd1rwv17yo1_1280.jpg (129KB, 525x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7ymaleuvd1rwv17yo1_1280.jpg
129KB, 525x800px
>>14278776

Shovel Knight is /m/, right? What is a knight if not a guy in unpowered power armor?
>>
>>14278797
It's mainly spectacular mismanagement.
Imagine if they put Stan Lee in charge of the MCU, that would probably get similar results.
>>
>>14278274

>not alot of money

Suuuuuure.
>>
>>14278819

Stan Lee has experience running a company and would get shit done though
>>
>>14278797
>just maybe the game has so many problems because the liaison between the community and the devs is a crazy bitch who doesn't even like megaman.

Responsible for communication FROM the devs TO the fans. The devs don't live in a vaccum, they can see complaints.
>>
>>14278801
>What is a knight if not a guy in unpowered power armor?
A guy in armor.
>>
>>14278825
>Stan Lee has experience running a company and would get shit done though
Not to get sidetracked, but Stan Lee Media was a complete mess. He hasn't had a real job in forty years.
>>
>>14278822
That last one was one of Cawthon's pre-FNAF games, wasn't it?
>>
>>14278755

In fairness it wasn't just Kickstarter. He was like this in making Brutal Legend too. It's basically what >>14278655 said, only LA kept him on track.
>>
>>14278836

Yep. Before he was known as le spoopy jumpscare man, he made some interesting RPGs. The Desolate Hope can only be described as a game that does the dark atmosphere right, and it's not even trying to be a horror game. Personal favorite of 2012, next to La Mulana's remake and FTL.
>>
>>14278822

Well now I'm reminded that Shantae still isn't out yet

>SS3's budget

yeah, it shows.
>>
>>14278855
SS3 was kinda annoying when it tried to parrot other shooters with the assault rifle and shit. After it went off the deep end that was the old SS we know and some of us love.
>>
>>14278344
You know nothing of animation.
>>
>>14278869

No I mean visually it shows it didn't have that big of a budget.
>>
https://youtu.be/HtahpPH8D2g
KICKFLIP
>>
>>14278888

He should have put his MM figure in front of a Pizza.
>>
>>14278885
Kinda weird if you think about it, since the series started as a tech demo for cry engine.
>>
>>14278256
>He is the co-father or adopted father of Mega Man, and one of the most important people to the series
He was an illustrator. Fucker didn't even code.
>>
>>14277815
>tfw Kanuka never blew me
Worst prom ever
>>
>>14278797
Nah. Believe it or not, games can be shit for reasons other than having a woman in the team who will surely ruin everything with her female woman touch (even if she's not actually a developer).
>>
>>14279126

Has there actually been a game that was genuinely ruined by that reason?
>>
>>14279130

Mirror's Edge?
>>
File: CjZckZyWgAAtum6.jpg (71KB, 600x645px) Image search: [Google]
CjZckZyWgAAtum6.jpg
71KB, 600x645px
>>
>>14279130
Some people would argue that Amy Hennig was the one who made the Kain games past SR1 so linear, because it was easier for her to write her narrative that way.

I say fuck em even if that's true, the narrative was the whole reason you played.
>>
>>14279151
Legacy of Kain games were the shit, and the narrative was great. Fuck those people.

Ending of the saga never.
>>
>>14279160

Even though one was planned, it doesn't really need an ending. Defiance kinda wrapped everything up in a way that you knew how it was going to end ayway.
>>
>>14279142

Apparently that's Dina's character that she puts in all her drawings.

her technical qualities are fine. Yet her faces are VERY off. They're droopy. Like they're dog people or downies.
>>
>>14279130
Mass Effect 3?
>>
>>14279176

it doesn't fit the body
>>
>>14279200

I've seen Dina's other drawings. The faces have those same kinda "I'm totally high" look. She draws the same red head character in everything she does.

She's almost a good artist. Just so close.
>>
File: kain throne.jpg (159KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kain throne.jpg
159KB, 640x480px
>>14279151
>Some people would argue that Amy Hennig was the one who made the Kain games past SR1 so linear, because it was easier for her to write her narrative that way.

Considering how well she wrote the narrative Id say it was a justifiable call
>>
>>14279151

I read an interesting article about SR2 becoming more reliant on its plot to fill in the gaps of the game as it kept getting simplified to try to get it out on time, so I think that reasoning's backwards anyway
>>
>>14279176

definetely not kawaii uguu.
>>
>>14279176
>>14279220
It's the worst incarnation of tumblr-style art.

>>14279130
n o
>>
>>14279176
So Gundam SEED????????????????
>>
File: 1464297963499[1].jpg (200KB, 809x830px) Image search: [Google]
1464297963499[1].jpg
200KB, 809x830px
>>14279142

Her art has actually dramatically improved.
>>
>>14277377
I'm glad I backed Bloodstained instead
>>
>>14279334

yes...'improved'.
>>
>>14279130
MGS2 because women said they hated playing as an old guy
>>
>>14279334
>>14279347
It definitely looks better than her "Beck" picture
>>
>>14278298
>that easter egg in Gunvolt where MN9 is called really popular
Awkwaaaard
>>
>>14279339
I'm glad I've backed no Kickstarters whatsoever.

I definitely would have backed Undertale with no regrets if I had the money though.
>>
>>14278334
>>14278552
Meanwhile, Comcept backed Spark Unlimited's Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z alongside Koei Tecmo (as shown via the Beck DLC), yet only the 2-D portion was any good.
>>
File: 200% rad.png (482KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
200% rad.png
482KB, 500x738px
>>14279402
Well, Raiden did give us Revengeance, so I suppose it wasn't all bad.
>>
>>14278677
Get real still to this day Dungeons & Dragons Shadow over Mystara(1996) looks more visually pleasing than MN9.
>>
File: shantae squirm.jpg (26KB, 265x442px) Image search: [Google]
shantae squirm.jpg
26KB, 265x442px
>>14279407
>All that piggy backing Shante got from it
>>
>>14279183
Nah, that was the original writer leaving and a literal hack taking his place and in dragon age they got rushed in the second game and by the third they had a whole dev team that consisted solely literal kids right out of college
>>
They might as well port this game to SEGA Dreamcast don't see why it wouldn't work.
>>
>>14279431
Of fucking course it does, it was done in the golden days of capcom
>>
>>14279462
Nah their best beat em up was Armored Warriors

TERMINATE THEM!

also what a tweest at the end
>>
>>14279457

A dreamcast couldn't handle it.

For the Beta, a PC that could run MGSV was having frame drops.
>>
>>14277377
I liked to play the early beta, what's the problem? The graphics are PS2/early PS3 era, but the gameplay is solid for a platform game.
>>
File: lol--kitty.jpg (45KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
lol--kitty.jpg
45KB, 500x747px
>>14279476
You mean the MN9 beta? Seriously? Beckclose.jpg is that hard to run?
>>
>>14279476
>For the Beta, a PC that could run MGSV was having frame drops.

How big is the memory leak?
>>
>>14279482
>The graphics are PS2/early PS3 era,

Graphics are budget title PS2. Not even the good looking ones.

>but the gameplay is solid for a platform game.

Oh totally what we need. An uninspired MM clone that is just endless halways.

THere's so many 2D platformers being made now that BLOW it out of the way.

Shovel Knight was tons of fun.
>>
>>14279476
>A dreamcast couldn't handle it.

spotted the millennial
>>
>>14279520

A Dreamcast cannot handle Mighty Number 9.

A remade game with the assets in a new engine probably could.
>>
Someone post that image of Inafune as CON MAN.
>>
File: 1444522758006[2].png (330KB, 1309x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1444522758006[2].png
330KB, 1309x1064px
>>14279535
>>
When will we get Not traditional Resident Evil kickstarter only to get Mighty No9'ed.
>>
You guys remember when Mighty No. 9 was announced? When Capcom got heat for saying MM Legends 3 was never going to happen and fans became outraged? Then Inafune jumped in with Mighty No. 9 and everyone praised him for saving Mega Man? And almost immediately after that Capcom announced their failing fiscal reports for the first half of 2013 and everyone thought for sure they were dead?

Looking back on it, it is crazy how things turned out. Capcom raked in mad dough with MonHun, M#9 instantly caused drama when that one chick was fired for pushing a female protag, and now almost everyone who back M#9 either doesn't care or is horribly jaded.
>>
>>14279561
CAPCOM deserved all the shit they got though.
They had all those good game designers and they kept outsourcing for no reason.
>>
>>14279561
>M#9 instantly caused drama when that one chick was fired for pushing a female protag
wasn't that a retarded feminist or something that kept getting mad at people in twitter or something?
but yeah, it is crazy how things turned out to be, M9 ended up becoming exactly what killed mega man in the first place
>>
File: mighty number 9-tight budget.png (926KB, 1000x2179px) Image search: [Google]
mighty number 9-tight budget.png
926KB, 1000x2179px
>>14279561
Everyone was so optimistic about MN9 when it first came out. This comic, along with the last image someone added to it, really demonstrate how much popular sentiment changed. I feel so bad for Mega Man fans ;_;
>>
>>14279578
I'm still withholding judgment until it comes out. At this point people are acting like it's going to be Daikatana levels of awful.
>>
>>14279561
Capcom still deserves a tsunami to their headquarters for milking MH on 16 years old hardware and doing what they did to based Clover.
>>
>>14279578
>X and MMZ Zero never believed in this shit
pottery
>>
>>14279584
>Daikatana levels of awful.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.
>>
>>14279584
>Daikatana levels of awful.
it will be worse
god, the shitstorm will shake the whole internet once this is released
>>
>>14279584
I'm kinda hoping it's better than it looks...the leaked prototype was from an early build and the recent trailer is just generally poor, so we can hope the game's been improved. That's a very slim hope, though...if they had anything better to show they would have featured it in the trailer. I guess we'll have to see when it comes out.
>>
>>14279600
Expect gutter shit then if it's a little better, mission accomplished.
>>
>>14279586
>doing what they did to based Clover
That falls on ConMan too though, he is the reason they were fired
>>
>>14279529

Look if Knuckles Chaotix can run on SEGA 32X then so can MN9.
>>
>>14279600

Other than bug fixes, the game has mostly been done for a year. They've done nothing to improve it. They've been working on other game sinse.
>>
>>14279578
>hope rides with you
Hope rides alone.
>>
My friend is still holding out hope, saying this is just another megaman game. He is the type of person who would graciously fellate inafune if given the slightest opportunity. How do I convince him this game is going to be shit when he clearly has no taste, and even thinks it looks good?
>>
>>14279646

Does he know the names "Kitamura" or "Fujiwara"?
>>
>>14279633
I've given everything I can. There are no heroes left in man.
>>
>>14279674
nope
>>
>>14279646
>tfw seeing Mega Ran do this on normiebook
I really do envy the guy.
>>
>>14279578
>That last two panels
>Zero's face did not change
Fucking perfect to every degree.
>>
>>14279681

Explain to him that Kitamura is the series creator, and directed the first two games. That Inafune had minor role in the first game. And that Fujiwara was the producer for the first 7 MM games, and the first 3 X games.

These guys are WAY more important to early MM than Inafune was.
>>
>>14279586
>Capcom still deserves a tsunami to their headquarters

too soon, man. Fuckinghell
>>
>>14279692

MMZ Zero is too old for this shit.
>>
Looks about as good as MM9 or MM10 without the 8-bit art style to cover it up. So not very.

Advertising and PR has been a complete and total disaster. These guys could write a book on those subjects and it would be renowned as a guide on what not to do.
>>
>>14278274
Brah, there are indie games that cost pennies to make that look a billion times better than the slop Inafune turned out.
>>
>>14278565
she had this little skirt that covered her ass

I wanted to see that ass in that tight pants

fucking fuck
>>
>>14279402
I got no beef with Raiden.
>>
File: conscript-cirno.jpg (65KB, 677x1024px) Image search: [Google]
conscript-cirno.jpg
65KB, 677x1024px
>New Mighty No 9 trailer
>Still not making a Cirno joke
Cirno abuse is real
>>
Looks like the elevens are finally catching up on the whole Dina thing, they're only two years late.

http://togetter.com/li/979838

I wonder if Inafune and Comcept even knew what the problem was?
>>
>>14281235
Only you can prevent fairy abuse.
>>
>>14281269
I can't read gook
>>
>>14281306
Dina and Mark's names and links to English articles are there, spic.
>>
>>14281385
whats up with the spicposting anyway? Is it a joke on how mecha is popular in spanish/portugese/whatever speaking countries?
>>
>>14277377
>do you like awesome things that are awesome?
[Remove]
>>
It doesn't look that bad (pizza explosions notwithstanding), as long as they don't show the characters up close.
>>
File: LIKE ZOOM.png (248KB, 615x447px) Image search: [Google]
LIKE ZOOM.png
248KB, 615x447px
>>14281394
i thought it was a subtle jab at >>14281306
not knowing that "gook" refers to koreans or vietnamese. ("Mi gook" means "American" in Korean, but GI's thought the Korean was saying "Me Gook" and that Gook was a Korean word for "Korean")
>>
>>14277377
Honestly, I like what I've seen of the gameplay so far. It looks pretty Megaman. I just hope the screen doesn't actually pause every single time the points show up.

But goddamn the marketing team has to be fired. The only reason I can see as to why they're still there is because they're family.
>>
>>14281433
>("Mi gook" means "American" in Korean, but GI's thought the Korean was saying "Me Gook" and that Gook was a Korean word for "Korean")
Hilarious.
>>
>>14281508
>Have to dash to kill enemies
>Can't shoot while dashing
It's shit.
>>
>>14278274
This guy's going fishing.
>>
>>14279410
No kickstarter backing master race here as well.

Games should be funded by your own capital. Begging people for money is graceless.
>>
>>14281604
>Games should be funded by your own capital.
The Ghost Police project head comes to mind. He did his whole game project by himself and all he wanted to fund was a Jake Kaufman soundtrack (plus some extensions/bonuses), so the game will come out regardless of his Kickstarter having failed.

Shame this kind of thing doesn't happen more often, though.
>>
>>14281687
>Shame this kind of thing doesn't happen more often, though.

Or does it? I've seen several projects that went through despite failing their kickstarter goals.

One teams stating outright hat kickstarter was not their soul source of funding but more of a tool to gauge interest.
>>
>>14281687
>>14281692
To be fair, this sort of thing can end up badly too. The Red Ash kickstarter is, of course, example A--when it failed, Inafune had a "backup plan"...that consisted of, as mentioned before, an incredibly shady Chinese company. D:
>>
ANIME NERDS BTFO
>>
File: the pizza community responds.png (187KB, 582x553px) Image search: [Google]
the pizza community responds.png
187KB, 582x553px
>>14277608
>>
>>14282074
DiGioGio going in HOT
>>
File: rvwbrh.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
rvwbrh.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>14282084
You just stole one of my best lines
>>
>>14282084
Funny, /sthg/ says otherwise.
>Sonic's more of a stale cold pizza.
>Sonic is more like the microwave reheated pizza of gaming if anything.
MN9 would be the Little Caesar's that somehow gets delivered half an hour late.
>>
File: JosephJoestar123.png (491KB, 466x601px) Image search: [Google]
JosephJoestar123.png
491KB, 466x601px
>>14282088
All part of the plan
>>
>>14282093
>Little Caesar's that somehow gets delivered
>Little Caesar's
>delivered
and Twitter Sonic doesn't count as regular Sonic, it's like wwe.com compared to WWE
>>
>>14282093
Hey Little Caesar's might taste like shit, but at least it's ready on time.

Well it's usually ready when you walk in. Sometimes they don't have them made if they've been busy.
>>
>>14279212

Keep in mind that SR2 came out only a year after SR1. Think about that, and yet the MASSIVE technical quality difference between the two. Characters actually can display emotions with their faces now. And the voices no longer sound like they're recorded in a garbage can.

It's clear they had to cut in some places to jump in quality that much and yet be out that fast.
>>
>>14279586

Was there a single Clover game that sold well?
>>
>>14281604
>Games should be funded by your own capital.

That almost never happens. If it weren't for kickstarter, they would just be begging a major publisher for capital.
>>
>>14282074
I hope the guy running the sonic twitter is never fired.
>>
>>14281604
Nip nong ching chongs would like you

>>14284842
That's why he said should. Learn to read before you try this again.
>>
>>14277377
Glad I never funded this. I've only supported Bloodstained.
>>
>>14284865
>supporting meme games
ayy
>>
>>14284852
>That's why he said should.

I know, but I'm saying it's utterly unrealistic because the environment the industry has created.
>>
>>14284949
Irrelevant.
>>
>>14281604
t. never ran a business
t. never developed a product
t. never did anything beyond working fast food
>>
>>14285028

Irrelevant to an ideal yes, but ideals aren't the real world.
>>
>>14285030
>t. never ran a business
>t. never developed a product

Neither has Inafune
>>
>>14278681
>Carmack can eat shit though. That dude has legit brain problems.

He's autistic. The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>14285110

First off I am too, so I have the right to judge.

But secondly, he killed a fucking cat everyone loved.
>>
>>14279176
she talked about it on her interview with Jonathan Holmes. Apparently she just didn't have a reference picture so used a selfie. The character she uses in everything is some bald girl with toast on her head.
>>
>>14284890
>Bloodstained is a meme game
/v/ leave.
>>
>>14277512
>It is a VERY poorly managed project
People should have taken the hint when Dina introduced herself.
>>
>>14278438
At least the GBC game almost made up for this travesty.

>>14278801
Well, there is Tinker Knight, so there is a little bit of /m/.

>>14278797
It's telling that even Inti Creates, their own PARTNERS, are embarrassed with the trailer.

>>14278784
Plus the map is done in the fashion of Super Mario Bros. 3.
>>
>>14281402
How did they fail so hard to understand who their target audience is?
>>
>>14285356

The marketing people were probably trying to aim it for dudebros, stoners and college kids in general or something. I doubt even they'd like it, but I can see how the marketing division might have thought it a good way to target them. They were idiots, but they probably thought it a good idea.
>>
>>14285376
>They were idiots, but they probably thought it a good idea
Aren't that always the case?
>>
>>14278776
If there's one word I can describe Shovel Knight with would be "polished".
The end product ended up being way more complete and clean than most AAA shit released nowadays, and leagues ahead than indie survival early access shit.
>>
>>14278782
It's not about GG being shit, it's about ANY differing opinions on the forum getting you banned and kicked out long before GG was even a thing.
>>
>>14278822
Should put Witcher 2 at the bottom with
>1000 Zloty and 10 bottles of Vodka
>>
>>14285390
It helps that Yacht Club Games was formed by ex-WayForward folks.
>>
>>14278776
Already been stated in this thread, MN9 is an extremely poorly managed production.
>>
>>14278798
Because the actual game is a shitty collecathon aside from the bosses.
>>
>>14285467

What's different about the DLC out of interest? I'm still playing the game itself so I haven't touched the DLC.
>>
>>14285467
>unironically using the term "collectathon" to describe a 2D linear platformer
>>
>>14285525
Gameplay, mainly. Plague Knight's controls are pretty different from Shovel Knight's. Other than that, new plot, various differences in levels and areas (including a new final boss), and of course boss fights against Plague Knight are replaced with boss fights against Shovel Knight.
>>
>>14285557
Plus the only legit collectathon-ish element was introduced in the DLC (the green coins) so I have no clue what he's on about.
>>
>>14285557
>diverting from the lame platforming by putting tons of rubbish to buy power ups that would make an easy game even easier
The moment you stop picking up trinkets, you realize how lame stages are.
>>
>>14285573
That doesn't change that it's not what collectathon means.
>>
>>14285573
A collectathon is a game where you're required to collect tat to proceed, like Super Mario 64 or any game that plays exactly like it.
>>
>>14285467

No a collectathon is something like Banjo-Kazooie, in which case I don't know why that's a negative when collecting is the whole point of the game.

Cash in Shovel Knight serves no purpose except to buy things. It isn't the gate to progress like in an actual collectathon
>>
>>14286467
>No a collectathon is something like Banjo-Kazooie, in which case I don't know why that's a negative when collecting is the whole point of the game.

Cuz it's fucking boring. 3D platformers died out because they were just collect shit all fucking day games. So boring. Not action games.
>>
>>14277538
Come on. Video games didn't exist as commercial products before 1970. 46 years of history, and Mega Man is 31 years old. That's old.

Where else do you draw the line between new and old, if not from third to fourth generation, or fourth to fifth? Are games only old if they predate the 1983 crash?
>>
File: 1365053346761.jpg (19KB, 170x236px) Image search: [Google]
1365053346761.jpg
19KB, 170x236px
>>14277443
>YFW this was the first, and only, kickstarter you've ever backed.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.