[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macross II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (62KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 352x500px
Subs when? There's a few sets of raws but no one has bothered to completely sub the BD yet?
>>
>>14275829

I have this on my external just waiting for subs.
>>
>>14275829
I thought the BD had already been subbed ages ago.
>>
>>14276820
There was one guy on /m/ doing it but he only ever released 3 here: mega.nz/#F!aBUWlQLb!khVyCtP-RColXLCs3O5Gaw
>>
You might be able to take the subs from the R1 Macross II "The Movie" and cut up and time shift to do all 6 episodes. You'd be missing the NEP though, and OP/ED
>>
>>14279324
Marduk lines are hardsubbed though, so you'd have to add those.
>>
>>14277863

Well, that's definitely better than what Nyaa has to offer. Thanks!
>>
The forgotten Macross bump
>>
>>14275829
Used Kagura's raws (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=593658) as a base which are well seeded so I didn't feel the need to upload them. (was getting 2mb/s while dling them)

Spent the majority of today retiming the first 4 episodes (yeah I know the first three are already done but idk how well that guy did so just made my own). I added on all the hardsubbed lines (Marduk and songs) and I'm pretty sure I got them all. I didn't have time/effort to QC so lemme know if I missed anything/made a mistake and I'll fix it. I'll do the other two episodes tomorrow.

Would upload to this to nyaa muxed and all when finished but (call me autistic or retarded or whatever) but I honestly can't figure out how to upload to nyaa.

>https://mega.nz/#F!3xthwDBL!3pi4D8xsxjPKeJAP4w2unw
Enjoy!
>>
>>14287841
Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>14287841
Thank you so much, anon. I started doing the first few yesterday but when I got to the Marduk gave up. I guess I could have just watched the hardsub and add the lines myself. Shit, why did I just now think of that? I could've been the anon to do it, but ANYWAY, thanks so much!
>>
>>14287841
Alright done with all 6 now.

Same comments apply; used Kagura's raws as a base, too lazy to QC, pretty sure I got all the hardsubbed lines, lemme know if I made a mistake/missed a line and will add/fix, etc.

Seriously tho if anyone could help me with uploading to nyaa will definitely mux this together and release it there along with other stuff.

Other than that, enjoy!

>https://mega.nz/#F!z4s3BagQ!Zp7dWDUsWoQwbjaIUTCxzw
>>
File: Desler.full.337182.jpg (103KB, 889x618px) Image search: [Google]
Desler.full.337182.jpg
103KB, 889x618px
>>14291607
You're pretty fucking awesome.
>>
>>14291607
could you just Mux it and upload it to mega?
>>
>>14291649
Thanks dude

>>14292166
I can try but the files are gigantic and my internet doesn't have great upload speeds so idk
>>
File: 1437389609264.jpg (60KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1437389609264.jpg
60KB, 1024x768px
>>14291607
This is awesome. Thanks!
>>
>>14291607

You just completed high quality Macross fansubbing. You're a legend in your own time.
>>
>>14297118
God, I hate the VF-2. I'll admit that the B mode looks nice, but I just can't bring myself to like the design overall because its F mode is this horrifying abomination of a "plane". Who even designed that thing, anyway?
>>
>>14297142
>its F mode is this completely fucking awesome "space ship".

c'mon now
>>
>>14297150
>proportions are all kinds of fucking retarded
>cockpit and nose barely look like they're even part of the aircraft, they're just sort of vaguely hanging off the front at an awkward angle
>legs lazily shoved into the dumbest position possible
It's pretty clear that the VF-2 was designed as a mecha first, and a plane second. Which isn't how Macross works.
>>
>>14297159
>Which isn't how Macross works.
Agreed, but we're talking about Macross II anyway. It's not canon or anything.

I like how it strays from the rest of the series.
>>
Is the Marduk even subbed in the Japanese? Or are you meant to figure it out, and Manga Entertainment asded lines?
>>
>>14292166
Here (to all just use this unless you have the raws I guess)

>https://mega.nz/#F!6xsEEaJT!RjqSKH222lCW5ewleXKaRQ

>>14297273
Raws have Jap hardsubs but Manga Entertainment had Eng hardsubs so I put those on as softsubs.

>>14297118
>>14297137
Thanks guys!

Well I don't think I have much else to do now that that is up. Here's my last cry for help with nyaa and if not I'll just keep experimenting until I figure it out.

Ciao (probably), and enjoy everyone!
>>
File: 159.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
159.gif
2MB, 235x240px
posting in epic thread
>>
>>14287841
I haven't seen anything Macross since Macross Plus, but, I'll watch this. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>14297980
Looks pretty good, thanks.
I just skipped through to see how it looks so I can't tell you how the subs are and if you missed anything re: the hardsubbed lines, but I hope a friendly Anon who has watched it will point them out, if there are any
>>
>>14275829
I'm amazed that they actually released a BD of this, considering that nobody seems to care enough about it, much less like it. Never understood why. It's been years since I saw it and I remember it being pretty decent. Nothing specatular, but solid. I'm not a huge Macross fan though. I've only seen maybe half of the original series, DYRL, this, and Plus.
>>
>>14280636
For some i find valkyries saluting incredibly cool
>>
>>14298170
As a tertiary fan, I've only ever heard bad things about Macross II. Still, nice to see it get subs.
>>
>>14298170
I'm kind of surprised this got a BD before Zero.

Though, if you look at the sales figures for II's BD it was...sad
>>
>>14297142
Probably the best non SDFM design imo.
>>
>>14297142
Thank God I don't have your poor taste.
>>
>>14298170

It has beautiful animation, neat designs, and a cool idea or two. I'm all for BDs, even if the meat and potatoes of the show are questionable.

Plus I've been into anime long enough that Macross II's quality made it a rare gem in the West at one point. I have a soft nostalgic spot for it.

>>14298234

Holy fuck, I totally forgot Zero hasn't had BDs yet. I wonder if 1080p and all that would make the CGI look terribly dated?

>>14297137
>>14297980

Egads, I just remembered, we still need Macross 7 Plus, the seven to tenish (I forget, okay?) shorts that came with the 7 VHS release retimed. We have subs for the ones that were animation and not just live action concert footage, but if memory serves their terrible timed for the BD release.

Man I haven't looked into that situation in a while.
>>
>>14299108
>Holy fuck, I totally forgot Zero hasn't had BDs yet. I wonder if 1080p and all that would make the CGI look terribly dated?

It's had BDs for quite a while, and they actually added Sheryl's fold quartz earrings to one of the scenes, to explain where they came from.
>>
>>14299286

Oh no shit? Really? If they're timed the same as the DVD release, it should be an easy slap and paste job.

There seem to be raws too. No time tonight, but later in the week I'll do some light fucking around with the subs we have, see how they line up. (I don't actually know how to do timing, but I can rip and paste subs. If that's good enough.... somehow.... I'll share the files.)

Also, what episode had the earrings added? I'll be interested in looking out for that.
>>
This is noice, Zero and the 7 Plus shorts subs for BD is even more icing on the cake.
>>
>>14299604
Use aegisub to shift around end and start times my man, it's really easy once you try it a bit. If it is off time it's pretty easy to fix.
>>
Okay, as far as Macross 7 Plus goes, I have episodes 1-6, 8-9, 11-12 sub files. Episode 7 was a live concert. And episode 10 I have a 19MB hardsub version of. No idea why I don't have a file for it. Or why I even have the .ass files for the rest. If people want, I can upload what I have for others to work on. The .ass's all need to be time shifted a few seconds forward. I don't know how, I'm retarded.
>>
Okay experimenting with Zero may take longer than I thought because the Kagura torrent is moving slow as can be. I'll let it sit, sure it'll pop later, but for now, yeesh.
>>
Should I go with the movie or the episodes for Macross Plus?
>>
>>14299942

Movie. It was always meant to be a movie, but the studio forced an OVA first probably for funding. It's got one or two extra scenes that fuck over characterization.
>>
>>14299942

Come to think of it, why is the Kagura copy of the Macross Plus movie hardsubbed? That's just... how do I have this. What's going on? Help.
>>
Hold on, I thought we didn't have Zero BD's subbed? What's wrong with this Thora release?

https://bakabt.me/torrent/141189/macross-zero-bd-720p-thora
>>
>>14299942
Damn, I wish you could make the combined edit that someone else did with the DVDs
>>
>>14299108
I honestly don't get why people are so annoyed at Macross II. At the time it was produced, it fit into the franchise well, the story's perfectly acceptable OVA quality. The action's good, the characters are good. The animation's great. I just honestly do not see the problem people have with Macross II.
>>
File: BCXA-62.jpg (15KB, 292x257px)
BCXA-62.jpg
15KB, 292x257px
>>14298170
>I'm amazed that they actually released a BD of this
>>14298234
>I'm kind of surprised this got a BD before Zero.

2008 called, it says: "Are you fucking serious?"
>>
Did Hibiki get any shirtless and/ or similar type of fanservice?
>>
>>14300389
Zero is in BD? Did someone sub it?
>>
>>14298170
Noone likes it very much because its a rather soulless dreamless rehash of DYRL. The animation is really good and characters are designed by Mikimoto though

It's like the Sturdust memory of Macross.
>>
>>14299945
>It's got one or two extra scenes that fuck over characterization.
Explain?
>>
FB7 needs subs. One could use CA's subs for the M7 clips (though it'd probably be easier just to do from scratch) but all the Frontier stuff would need translated
>>
>>14300601
isn't the 'frontier' stuff just them sitting around at the television watching 7? That's how much I saw before i lost interest anyway.
>>
>>14300561

I can't remember the show well, but the ova has a few scenes that were just runtime padding that alter a few characters personalities in negative ways.
>>
>>14300620
Pretty much, it was meant for 7 nostalgiafags. There's zero point to it if you didn't already watch and enjoy 7. There's more new scenes than I expected but outside of the concert at the end it's all composed of the Frontier cast sitting around the TV.
>>
>>14300937
Essentially a 90 minute promo for Macross 7, NOW IN HD ON BLU-RAY AT A STORE NEAR YOU!
>>
Welp, here I was complaining to myself that Macross II didn't have any BD subs and the rare subbed releases were not seeded anymore, and I finally find this thread.

Thanks.

It's actually the second time something like that happens to me, based /m/anly men.
>>
>>14302083

Honestly, over the past three years we've made slow but steady work on all the old classics and BD releases. It's fucking neat to see friends.

Even the Braves and Robot Romance shows are almost done. WOW.
>>
File: Title Screen.jpg (155KB, 1446x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Title Screen.jpg
155KB, 1446x1080px
yo the guy who is working on those subs hit a bit of a set back should be getting back to those soon.

Indivdual episode status

Episode 4
have all the Marduke/Zentradi dialoge from the movie version just need to insert it to the actual sub file along with Opening/Ending and next ep preview

Episode 5

I think I'm about half way threw the episode with the Alien dialoge

Episode 6

have not started this one yet also need romaji lyrics for Mou Ichido Love You
>>
>>14299942
Both. The Movie glosses over some stuff, and the OVA is a bit long winded.

They're both the best Macross though.
>>
>>14300302
My only issue is that they fucking blow the piss out of the SDF Macross at the end. Why would they need to do that?

Other than that, I agree with you completely.
>>
>>14303416
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/macross2/moichido.htm

Without meaning to sound mocking, do people just not know about AnimeLyrics.com anymore? Am I that old?

Or is there a problem here I'm unaware of?
>>
>>14307864
They don't have the eng lyrics to Get Wild, so fuck 'em.
>>
>>14307864
>http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/macross2/moichido.htm

honestly just didn't check there thanks for the link though
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.