[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The absolute state of Jerid Messa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: JeridMessa.gif (29KB, 385x550px) Image search: [Google]
JeridMessa.gif
29KB, 385x550px
I just finished watching Zeta for the first time, man did this guy get the short end of the stick or what? Completely wasted potential! It feels like Tomino went out of his way to make this guy into an absolute punk bitch who gets his shit kicked in on a near episode-to-episode basis instead of a decent rival for that autistic sperg Kamille.

Yazan Gable is fucking based btw.
>>
File: pretended.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pretended.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
Rivalries like what you expected don't really happen in reality/war
>>
>>14274688
I don't watch Indonesian girl wall finger paintings featuring giant robots in outer space for their accurate portrayal of actual combat.
>>
File: 3964667482_f5319d2d56.jpg (132KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
3964667482_f5319d2d56.jpg
132KB, 500x333px
>>14274691
>>
>>14274688
No shit Sherlock, but I'm not talking about reality here, am I?
>>
>>14274691
This.

When I want to see a realistic presentation/representation of actual combat I'll watch a documentary.
>>
>>14274679 (OP)
There was no real time for any of that I mean look at that final episode's you gotta tie the knot with both Jerid and Yazan then move on to the final boss Paptimus it's just too much and that's not counting the other characters.

Had they not wasted a bunch of air time with the god awful rule of, every episode has to have a fight, which produced nothing but terrible "engagements" which had the effect of making episode's formulatic for no reason.
>>
>>14274679
He dies a so to speak proper death in the novels. The Bound Doc also comes into play if you remember before he dies in the TV show he comments on how that's not enough to damage the Bound Doc and that's the thing outside of the psycoframe the bound doc has ridiculously good armor it's one of the units main strengths.
>>
>>14274716
Here we go again with the every episode has to have a fight complaint (BTW, remember 0079? It was exactly the same)

OP, Jerid isn't supposed to have a big theatrical death, he's warned multiple times that he's being too reckless and that his feud will only result in his undoing.
And it does, because at the end of the day, Jerid still wound up like a bug under Kamille's boots due to his constant antagonism
>>
Wonder why Tomino wrote Jerid so shallow
>>
>>14274691
Wait. You're telling me Lalah was the one who animated Gundam?

This is deep.
>>
>>14274829
>Here we go again with the every episode has to have a fight complaint (BTW, remember 0079? It was exactly the same)

Difference being that 0079s cast was overall smaller, so it go away with it and the average fight of the week was not too bad as Zeta.
>>
>>14274852
>You're telling me Lalah was the one who animated Gundam?
No, he is telling you Gundam is badly drawn.
>>
>>14274679
The whole point of Jerid and Kamille's rivalry was that after the first few clashes it became completely one-sided on Jerid's part. Kamille grew above it and stopped caring, but Jerid couldn't let go and it doomed him. There's a reason his death was so sudden and pointless.
>>
>>14275156
> Kamille grew above it and stopped caring There's a reason his death was so sudden and pointless.

Jerid's death does not even go down as that bad in the context of the other terrible deaths in those episodes.

Hell he was more shocked about Jerids death more so than half of the AEUG being knocked out.
>>
File: gEHS7Ap.png (585KB, 673x836px) Image search: [Google]
gEHS7Ap.png
585KB, 673x836px
>fights don't happen every episode in IBO
>its an issue
>fights do happen in every episode of 0079
>its an issue
>fights barely happen in turn A
>its not an issue.

/m/ please.
>>
>>14275177
Turn A uses the down time for character development rather than semi-SoL stuff like Manlets so It's cool
>>
>>14275177
Yes clearly /m/ is this one guy with multiple personality disorder.

Anyhow id rather take less but overall better fights but, sure if I could have a great fight every episode I could live with that. Case being that's not really Zeta now is it, it delivers fights every episode but bottom barrel ones that is which I doubt anybody enjoyed. Mostly just flat out randomly instigated without any objectives what so ever oh time to flail around in space boys.

Zeta gives us fights every episode but, god awful ones mostly lets grapple each other and tell us about our autobiographies.
>>
If he had a mask, everything would be different.

Well actually, it would be the same. But people would think it's different.
>>
>>14275218
>If he had a mask, everything would be different.
New /m/ contest right here. Give the man a fitting mask.
>>
>>14275156
>The whole point of Jerid
Jerid and Zeta had no point at all once Bandai started screwing with Tomino's plans.
>>
>>14275244
>Give the man a fitting mask.
A pair of panties.

Oh, wait, we had already Chronicle.
>>
>>14275303
Is Hentai Kamen a char clone?
>>
>>14275156
But it was impossible for Jerid to move on until he defeated Kamille, since Kamille kept killing everyone Jerid cares about and reaffirming his hatred of the blue haired autist. Look in the final battles when Kamille's friends start dying; he immediately flips out, calls the Titans and Haman remorseless psychopaths that need to die, and tries to kill them. He's now experiencing what Jerid has gone through the entire series, only he now has black magic on his side to fuel his vengeance.
>>
>>14275156
Oh, not this "muh protagonist is so mature and superior and the dumb rival just exists to look bad in comparison" bullshit again.
>>14274846
He's not the sharpest tool in the shed but what's so shallow about him?
>>
File: masked rider.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
masked rider.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>14275303
There was also one of char wearing panties like this, but I don't have it.
>>
>>14275166
I always took it as more of a "what the fuck he was still hung up on all of that?"
>>
File: Fabulous Jerid.jpg (42KB, 654x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fabulous Jerid.jpg
42KB, 654x480px
>>14275244
Here's some shitty phone OC I made.
Jerid and Kars have the same VA, which is the reason he has that mask.
>>
File: 1438863985627.jpg (593KB, 1169x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1438863985627.jpg
593KB, 1169x1728px
>>14275538
That's a very ugly mask for the guy whose looks come from the star man.
>>
>>14275203

>it delivers fights every episode but bottom barrel ones that is which I doubt anybody enjoyed

Maybe 5 of them are average or bad, the rest are good to great. It's as if everyone forgot the whole first 3/5ths of the show happened and focus on that stretch of episodes in the 30s when a few of the fights were genuinely lacking.

>>14275345
I think what they were trying to put forward was that Kamille had it right because he was disgusted by all the killing that was being done for individual egos and peoples scheming. He identified the schemers as the problem ( Scirroco, Haman), not random mooks like Jerid who got caught up in it just like he did.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.