[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think body doubles are an overused trope in Gundam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: hqdefault.jpg (147KB, 480x776px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
147KB, 480x776px
Do you think body doubles are an overused trope in Gundam?
>>
>>14274433
I see those double doubles are not being overused
>>
>>14274433
ayyy lmao
>>
File: 773.jpg (208KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
773.jpg
208KB, 499x498px
>>
>>14274433
You missed the two princesses from ZZ.
>>
>>14274433
>Do you think body doubles are an overused trope in Gundam?

Body doubles are a very popular (and thus overused) trope in asian stories in general. Or have you never watched any chinese movies?
>>
>>14274506
>have you never watched any chinese movies?

I thought Gundam was Chinese...
>>
i wnat to fuck lacus and meer at the SAME TIME
>>
>>14274526
Dont we all
>>
>>14274526
>>14274567
Just pick Shinn and Kira and put a wig on them.
>>
>>14274433
>don't talk to me or my son ever again
>>
>>14274433
DOUBLES
>>
>>14274433
>Full Frontal is a doubles double
Kek
>>
>>14274526
I want to fuck Diana and Kihel at the same time.
>>
File: Puru.jpg (82KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Puru.jpg
82KB, 960x720px
>>14274433
> Puru
> body doubles
>>
Three of those characters are clones. Do they still count?
>>
>>14274433
Well, in the case of Gundam 00 we are talking about clone cyborgs (albeit not exact replicas) so that one is less surprising (if anything you'd expect more).
Much more of an asspull with the sniper twins (that they are both as proficient at their job) but at least they are twins not just a coincidence.

Same applies to G Gundam, given that Schwarz Bruder is literally an android/cyborg copy that used nanites to forcibly takeover another humans body reshaping it

In all other cases it is much more out of nowhere.
Turn A's case is particularly jarring though at least used to great effect with them swapping permanently because they feel it will be better for themselves and humanity at large
>>
>>14274479
Understandable to be honest.
>>
>>14275493

Don't really understand why they made Schwarz look like Kyoji, though. It contributes nothing to the plot. Also, none of the other DG infected ended up looking like Kyoji. Lockon having an identical twin also served no purpose. Ple and the Innovades sort of make sense since they're all just clones taken from the same stock of DNA. Everybody else just seemed like an all-too-convenient plot device.
>>
>>14276957
So, I never really thought about it, but my hipshot answer is that Kyoji didn't really have the time to think it through. He imbued a corpse with DG cells and gave it the purpose of watching over Domon. The DG cells themselves may've copied his appearance, along with his will & memories, inadvertently.
>>
>>14274433

I will gladly admit that Kihel and Dianna looking identical is a plot convenience to a high degree. What's worse is that the entire story, and much of the character development, relies on it as a foundation.

With that said, it's probably one of the better examples of plot convenience I've seen in an anime. Yeah, it's silly, but the silliness results in so much good that I can't really find it in me to beat the show up.
>>
>>14276980
>implying there isn't some genetic bullshit going on in the CC where people show up looking like other people from hundreds of years ago
Not just Kihel Heim, Will Game as well.
>>
>>14277034
>Will Game
>genetic bullshit

They Will Game is direct descendant of the original Will Game, dummy. It stands to reason that there would be some family resemblance and inheriting names is not uncommon.
>>
>>14277066
>family resemblance
>hundreds of years
>dozen generations of genetic drift and new admixture
Unless the Games are the fucking Hapsburgs and only marry their cousins, there's absolutely no way.
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (197KB, 1296x988px) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
197KB, 1296x988px
>>14277076
>>hundreds of years
>>dozen generations

It's only 100 years since Dianna left the old Will Game. Will Game in the anime expressly mentions that the first Will Game was his grandfather.
>>
>>14276957
It doesn't make sense to compare the other DG-infected people to Bruder, if I'm remembering correctly. There's the Devil Gundam, and then there's Kyoji within it. 98% of the time, the Devil Gundam is in control. When the original Schwarz died, Kyoji managed to take control for a short time, and used that time to turn Bruder into a reflection of his own will, fused with the original Bruder's essence.

Schwarz Bruder was such a sad character. Being forcibly turned into another person, inheriting Kyoji's love for Domon. The end result was undeniably good, but it must've been painful and confusing to Bruder as well, trying to reconcile the two persons. The deaths of Bruder and Kyoji were sadder than the death of Master Asia.

>>14276980
Rather than call it silly, I'd say it seemed like something out of a fairy tale, or magical realism. It's hard to put into words, but that sort of astronomical coincidence just fits with the feel of Turn A so well.
>>
>>14276980
Dianna/Kihel is a little too convenient, but to be honest it's sort of a Gundam take on "The Prince and the Pauper" story by Mark Twain. Besides, it's not like body doubles for dignitaries are unheard of.
>>
I want to fuck twelve Purus at the same time.
>>
>>14277685
Purus are for eating ice cream with not fucking.
>>
File: 615418.jpg (37KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
615418.jpg
37KB, 600x337px
>>14277685

This kills the puru
>>
>>14276980
>I will gladly admit that Kihel and Dianna looking identical is a plot convenience to a high degree. What's worse is that the entire story, and much of the character development, relies on it as a foundation.

Like, has no one here ever heard of The Prince and the Pauper?
>>
>>14277927
>This one thing did it a long time ago
>That makes it okay
>>
>>14274433
>4433
>>
>>14277919
Good
>>
>>14277617
Wasn't the original Schwarz dead from the impact of the Devil Gundam when Kyoji decided to turn his nearby corpse into his copy? I don't think they ever implied anything about having to deal with becoming another person. He was Kyoji from the moment he was "born."
>>
File: 325.png (442KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
325.png
442KB, 600x450px
>>14274433
Twins are OK, but doppelgangers are just lazy reuse of assets and tropes.
>>
I want to fuck Tieria and Regene at the same time.
>>
>>14278453
I forget, which had hot dogs or clams?
>>
>>14278473
Does it matter? The answer is neither.
>>
>>14278473
I don't think it matters since the Innovades are androgynous anyway. This is inline with religious texts which typically describe angels as having a feminine appearance.
>>
Gundam as a franchise has definitely overused it.

Very rarely have they used it in a way that actually mattered.
>>
>>14277617
>>14277927

I did indeed forget to take in the Prince and the Pauper in to account, and other such things when I made that post. Probably means I may need to change my media consumption habits to the Gutenberg diet for a while, heh.

Though one thing about the PnP allusions is that both Kihel and Dianna are high positions in their way. Kihel's not quite a princess despite her last name, but she's still the daughter of a rich family on Earth. Diana would likely have a way harder time playing her role if Kihel really was dirt poor.
>>
>>14278425
>Twins are OK

The one time they actually used twins is fucking retarded to be honest.

>highly-trained pilot dies
>happens to have twin that looks and sounds like the first guy
>second guy is also competent pilot and sniper despite no prior training
>>
>>14274526
That pink hair and their pure innocent facade is just l...lewd!
>>
>>14285311
>competent pilot and sniper despite no prior training
Did you even watch the show? Lyle was a member of Katharon, he already knew his way around a mobile suit. In fact, he was arguably a better pilot than his brother. He didn't have the kind of sniping experience that Neil did, but the show was pretty consistent about showing that. It's why he usually favored closer-range combat with the pistols.
>>
>>14285348
>Lyle was a member of Katharon, he already knew his way around a mobile suit.

He said he only piloted a workloader which is vastly different from a Gundam.
>>
>>14285432
>He said he only piloted a workloader
He also told them that he was a civilian, and not already an active terrorist.

Remember, he originally joined CB to spy on them for Katharon. It's made very clear that he wasn't particularly honest with them, at least initially.
>>
File: beito-san.jpg (149KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
beito-san.jpg
149KB, 894x894px
>>14274433
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.