[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DiscoTek is going pure streaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: win.jpg (191KB, 640x1442px) Image search: [Google]
win.jpg
191KB, 640x1442px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-25/discotek-licenses-miss-machiko-anime-for-streaming-only/.102454

I know their first title doing this isn't /m/, but these guys have given us a lot over the years, making some titles stream-only does open up a lot of license potential for things we normally wouldn't get.

>Great Mazinger
>Grendizer
>Toei Getter
>Steel Jeeg
>Robot Romance saga
>Muteki entries
>80s Tomino works
>other Yuushas that ain't GaoGaiGar
>Goshogun
>Baldios
>God Sigma
>an uncut Tetsujin 28 series
>VOTOMS
>Dougram
>Layzner
>Dragonar
>Galient

This is golden opportunity stuff!
>>
Something that isn't translated already, great

They're finally being a useful company
>>
>>14273787
You're kidding me. The moment we actually get a decent sub team in place for Dragonar, a company, right out of the blue, decides to sub it?
>>
>>14273866
Never mind; read the link. Not been licensed yet.
>>
>>14273839
>Devilman
>Dororo
>Mazinger Z
>Lilly Cat
>Gaiking

Are you stupid?
>>
>>14273787
dude it isn't going pure streaming. While it seems nice I understand why that show would only work in streaming. it's a show where the teacher is striped of her cloths every episode and it's meant for kids. It's a weird release
>>
>>14273885
All worthless.

>>14273903
It's not weird at all though.
>>
>>14273839
Oh yes, because Gaiking was totally a translated show before they got to it. And Mazinger Z had good subs beforehand too.
>>
>>14273885
Not the majority of their output

>>14273950
Mazinger had two subs and if you really wanted to you could get the gist of it from Garada

Fire the fucking missiles
>>
>>14273969
Calling the crabsticks a sub set is hilarious, I watched through quite a few of them and they're pretty good for a laugh but even if you're versed in their ways they can still baffle you easily. And Discotek's subs are far better than Garada's ever were.

And you didn't refute Gaiking. They were also the first OFFICIAL subs for a few shows, like Gorg - yes, you could have watched them on fansubs beforehand, but there's quite a bit of difference there.
>>
>>14273979
http://www.discotekmedia.com/catalog.htm

>Gaiking
>Mazinger
>Teyandee
>Devilman
>Monster Farm

Basically everything they have done from the ground up. Not a lot, largely useless. Like Anime Sols, all they have going for a lot of their licenses is that they're official when fansubs have been out for nearly decades
>>
>>14273787
>pure streaming
No, they're licensing things they don't think will sell as DVDs for streaming only. There's nothing to suggest they're discontinuing BD or DVD service.
>>
>>14273999
>Not a lot, largely useless.
>Like Anime Sols, all they have going for a lot of their licenses is that they're official when fansubs have been out for nearly decades

I see a contradiction here.
>>
>>14273946
Not the first time you'd be completely wrong.
>>
>>14274009
It's pretty much freaking nothing. They talk a good game but it's nothing worthy of hooping and hollering about. Teyandee is even censored for goodness' sake so that's minus points too for doing something that is only available as a gag dub but altering the original
>>
>>14273839
Too bad you'll never be a useful poster
>>
>>14274020
>It's pretty much freaking nothing.

The Gorg DVDs I bought like two weeks ago say otherwise.
>>
>>14274033
I bet you don't wash behind your ears

>>14274035
Good on you if you want to own it, but don't act like it's anything new
>>
>>14273866
>>14273871
I've been worrying about that for a while, but it seems we're safe for the foreseeable future. Even at a brisk pace Dragonar will likely take a while, though, so who knows.
>>
>>14274054
>don't act like it's anything new
For a show that never had an official release in the US, it actually was something new. The world doesn't revolve around NEET leeches and hardcore piratefags who only download fansubs and rips.
>>
>>14274064
Meanwhile, Sasword and Johnnyenglishsubs barely started resuming/subbing Great Mazinger and Grendizer, so here's to hoping Discotek aren't too speedy.
>>
80s Sunrise is too hopeful for cheapest licenses we could get-tek.
>>
>>14273885
Devilman was subbed, just in decent crabsticks
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.