[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slowpoke here. What happened to Godzilla?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 20

File: Shin_Godzilla_design_reveal.jpg (309KB, 1024x1449px) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Godzilla_design_reveal.jpg
309KB, 1024x1449px
Slowpoke here. What happened to Godzilla?
>>
>>14266874
> What happened to Godzilla?
It's directed and written by the guy who did Evangelion.
>>
File: tumblr_mk8d6pvikz1qmzknbo1_5001.jpg (524KB, 500x691px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk8d6pvikz1qmzknbo1_5001.jpg
524KB, 500x691px
>>14266874
Literally nothing good. I mean hell, I dont even like the design that America went for in the last movie, but that doesn't mean Japan needed to design something worse!
>>
>>14266910
I think he is okay, as long as the movie explains what the fuck happened to him.
If the movie just rolls with the design like that is what Godzilla always looked like it'll be pretty stupid.
>>
>>14266910
Dog face apart, I liked LegendaryGoji just fine.
>>
File: Burning_Godzilla.jpg (73KB, 414x701px) Image search: [Google]
Burning_Godzilla.jpg
73KB, 414x701px
Why didn't they just roll with Godzilla from Destoroyah film if they want to portray 'just radiate my shit up' version of him?
>>
>>14266900
pretty much evangelion is going to talk more than godzilla bravo anno great way ruining everything
>>
>>14266960
Because that already exists.
Every new iteration of Godzilla has a new design, for better of for worse.
>>
>>14266960
Man, just look a those thighs.
>>
>>14266874
Meth.
>>
>>14266960
Maybe this is the aftermath of that? He didn't really die in that one?
>>
File: 1463702799483.jpg (122KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1463702799483.jpg
122KB, 560x560px
>>14266992
>great way ruining everything
ANNOOO
>>
File: godzilla with fur.jpg (4MB, 2208x3048px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla with fur.jpg
4MB, 2208x3048px
I find it hilarious in the majority of the promotional images and merchandise they make the tail a reasonable size.
>>
File: dont give a fuck.png (423KB, 610x406px) Image search: [Google]
dont give a fuck.png
423KB, 610x406px
>>14266874

It's skin reminds me of slightly cooled lava. Everything else just looks like nightmare fuel.

Easily the worst looking Godzilla ever.
>>
File: 1436587114864.jpg (42KB, 640x705px) Image search: [Google]
1436587114864.jpg
42KB, 640x705px
>>14266874
I like it.

It actually looks like an irradiated monster but I'm not that big of a godzilla fan so take that as you will.
>>
>>14266874
One theory is this is the original Godzilla who survived the Oxygen Destroyer and mutated even further, explaining why he's even more of a giant and why he looks fried.
>>
>>14266874
Seriously the worst Godzilla design ever. The body shape is just downright terrible.
>>
File: 1463639783662.png (335KB, 400x494px) Image search: [Google]
1463639783662.png
335KB, 400x494px
The only part I don't like are the ankles. Digitigrade legs on kaiju are the worst.

>>14267295
>Seriously the worst Godzilla design ever.
No, that's KingGoji.
>>
>>14266874
I disliked the initial reveal of the head, but I'm surprisingly okay with the entire thing. Iffy, but okay.

Probably because I hope this will only be used for one movie.
>>
>>14266874

>Okay, after looking through this thread after hearing about it, I find this very interesting. I've also seen the script. LSDJ’s description is very close to what I've seen as well. Before I go, I want to make clear that what I have may not be the final script, and may not even be the same script as he has. I will not give up my source, reveal my true identity (no, I am not an active member on these forums or ever have been), nor will I get into a massive argument about how I got this script and why you should believe me. The movie comes out in a few months, we will see then.

>So without further ado, POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD

>Spoiler:
>First off, KAIJU A –

>The script references this monster as very basic in design. I can not verify if what LSDJ said about its creation is true or not. However, from what I gather, the monster isn’t very spectacular. It seems to be a somewhat quadrupled design and a dark olive green in color. The script references it as having a “Arrow-Shaped” head, possibly like a snake’s. If what LSDJ said about its reasons of existence are true, I personally believe they could get away with recycling the GMK Baragon suit for the creature. Godzilla does fight it very early on just as his mutation is setting in. It is not a very long fight, but the monster is referenced as “Alphagon” in the script. I do not know if it is also referenced as such in LSDJ’s copy. During the fight, the monster manages to hit Godzilla’s jaw and something happens, either the jaw is dislocated or gets horribly maimed by its “mole-like forelimbs.” Godzilla is to then release a much different roar than what we’re used to, hinting that he is not in complete control of himself. At this point, Godzilla destroys “Alphagon” with his atomic ray.
>>
>>14267583
>Start opening credits which includes news reports on both old atomic bomb testings and the Fukushima disaster.

>GODZILLA MUTATED FORM –

>As LSDJ said, and as we have all seen, Godzilla is in a highly ravaged form. This is not a result of the Oxygen Destroyer from 1954 or anything of the sort. It is a parasite. The human characters are not aware of this until about half way through the film when, after a fierce battle with the self-defense forces (which utilizes napalm for the first time in the series excluding Megalon), Godzilla’s body slumps forward. His spines begin to separate and a large gash or cut appears down it. While it is described as a “man exiting a suit”, it also gives details on pieces of Godzilla’s flesh falling from it in the process and gives excessive details on Godzilla’s arms flattening out, as if all the bones and muscle are being pulled out of them. Godzilla is left as a skin as the new monster, called Judas, emerges.

>This name also keeps in tradition with Anno taking inspiration from Judeo Christian mythology.
>>
>>14267588

>At this point, the monster is described as being humanoid with extremely lanky arms and legs. It is said to have a skull-like face. This immediately sounds like the monster Sachiel from Evangelion. It is also said to have large, bulbous red eyes and a pair of wasp-like wings. Its tongue is also long and tends to dangle from its mouth and is tipped with a pair of snapping jaws. Think Alien. The flesh is said to be black and “wet”. I imagine it’ll be a lot like a salamander or a frog’s skin.

>At this point in the movie, Judas is standing within the remains of Godzilla and the self-defense forces have no idea what just happened. Judas flies into the air and one of the characters, which has had a due amount of time making it clear she is not religious, looks up and makes the statement “It looks like an angel.”

>From a tonal standpoint, the movie completely shifts. The film starts to feel and act more like a traditional Godzilla versus a monster movie. Judas is now the focus and engages the military in much faster paced combat and dog battles over Japan. At the same time, Godzilla is regenerating. By the time he has recovered, most of the self-defense forces are gone and America is debating whether to deliver a nuclear strike to Judas (it plays a lot like a homage to the 1984 film, the first film Shinji Higuchi worked on for Toho), despite the Prime Minister’s objection. Godzilla returns to life and is on a warpath directly for Judas who is now in the heart of Tokyo. The Americans try a military blockade with several lines of tanks and ground-to-ground missile launchers. Unlike other movies where Godzilla stomps and blasts them, he now walks through the attacks not even paying attention. After numerous failed blockades, the commander simply orders “Everyone and everything, get out of his way.”
>>
>>14267589
>It should be noted that the script now calls for this Godzilla to “look more like the original”, so he won’t have the mangled look he had before. He is now black with his spines being bone white. From what it reads as, he seems to be a design cross of 1954 and the Heisei Godzilla.

>When Godzilla reaches Judas in Tokyo, the new monster spots him and tries to run away. Keeping with what LSDJ has said about Godzilla using his tail more than his beam, he swats it out of the sky and breaks one of its wings. Judas falls and Godzilla begins a lengthy battle against it in which this Godzilla displays a much different fighting style, thanks to his long tail. Near the end of the fight, Godzilla begins to stomp the back of Judas’ head into the ground repeatedly. After several stomps, its entire body is stated to “disintegrate into a black mass of spider-like creatures.” This swarm of what I presume are babies (like how a spider can explode into a bunch of babies once hit) begin to swarm Godzilla and the surrounding area. Godzilla’s flesh begins to change like it did before, implying that whatever Judas did to Godzilla originally, it is doing it again.

>The disintegrating Judas could be a reference to actual babies as a way to propagate itself or something like Destroyer breaking down into its smaller forms. We never see these before this scene happens.

>At this point, the UNITED STATES decide to use a miniature nuclear weapon on Godzilla and Judas with or without Japan’s approval in order to secure the safety of the rest of the country and the world. The Japanese government only agrees with this if they’re allowed to rebuild their military power (also keeping with LSDJ’s sentiments of this being a key issue) so that they can take future matters into their own hands, monsters or otherwise. The strike hits Tokyo and seems to kill Godzilla and Judas, along with destroying all of Tokyo in the process.
>>
File: Godzilla_Jr._Toho_Kingdom.jpg (15KB, 499x274px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla_Jr._Toho_Kingdom.jpg
15KB, 499x274px
>>14267102
He died hard. We literally watched his flesh melt off and his skeleton disintegrate. That Godzilla is as dead as that one uncle you only see at family reunions wishes he was.

Based Junior rose again on the third day, though.
>>
>>14267593

>At this point, just before the movie ends, one of the characters is seen with documents concerning Alphagon, Judas, and Godzilla. The character closes a blue and white folder which has an “M” marked in the corner. Hinting that it could take part in the same timeline as Legendary’s Godzilla.

>I can't confirm nor deny if Judas is suppose to be suitmation or CGI. The same goes for Alphagon, but I will not be surprised if Alphagon is a modified GMK Baragon suit, also coming from a movie that Shinji Higuchi worked on, tying it together with the earlier Return of Godzilla allusions.

>Take all of this as you will. I can not confirm if the script I have and translated is the final one or what, if anything has changed. If mine is an earlier, or later, iteration of LSDJ's, I wouldn't know. They are extremely similar however. We will just have to wait and find out until the movie comes in July.
>>
File: 1463418240585.png (83KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
1463418240585.png
83KB, 492x280px
>>14267596
>Nuclear weapon killing Godzilla
Yeah nah
>>
>>14267600
That didn't happen literally on the first movie?
>>
File: 1452698458237.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1452698458237.gif
3MB, 220x212px
>>14267697
???
>>
File: Ben.jpg (180KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Ben.jpg
180KB, 1600x1200px
>>14267697
No. No, it did not.
>>
>>14267596
>Hinting that it could take part in the same timeline as Legendary’s Godzilla.

Oldzilla's too old for this Anno bullshit though.
>>
>>14267734
I thought that was the fakest sounding part. The rest of it is pretty spot-on, at least for what I expect from Anno.
>>
>>14267697
No, dummy, in the original they shoot her down with missiles on that bridge.
>>
>>14267697

Not sure if bait, but, do you even Godzilla brah?
>>
I like it. He's kinda spooky. Will be interesting to see where it goes. I imagine as far as continuity is considered, it'll continue the Millennium era tradition of "eh, whatever".
>>
Do we even know when this is coming stateside?
>>
>>14267596
This sounds like fucking bullshit.
>>
>>14268156
Practically nothing said about it other than maybe a DVD release in 2017
>>
File: Early-Battle3.gif (2MB, 400x171px) Image search: [Google]
Early-Battle3.gif
2MB, 400x171px
>>14267307
>>Seriously the worst Godzilla design ever.
>No, that's KingGoji.

You shut your whore mouth
>>
>>14268540
>that needlessly bulky body
>that thick neck with tiny, flat head on top
>those triangular arms
>feet are too big

It's really the cartoony look that kills it for me

Mosu-Goji a best
>>
File: son-of-godzilla-suit.jpg (600KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
son-of-godzilla-suit.jpg
600KB, 1024x768px
>>14268575
Dude what?
>>
File: burgerzilla.jpg (521KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
burgerzilla.jpg
521KB, 724x1024px
>>14267135
>Everything else just looks like nightmare fuel.
The only nightmares going on here is what it's doing to my respect for Big G and what will happen to Godzilla appreciation in general once the hordes of screaming Evafags stampede in and make everything about their completely unrelated cartoon.

There is nothing scary about this actual design.
>>
>>14268540
I don't think it's the worst, but I partially agree with him. Never liked that suit and never understood the appeal. Shapeless, baggy, puffy body with a generic frog-like head, eyes stuck up painfully high, neck held at an odd angle, hands look like an inflated skeleton, jaw looks too frail. And yet it still manages to look too generic.

Although I do like it from certain angles.
>>
>>14267734

Of all the shit LegendZilla gets, I did like how he was pretty consistently characterized as "too old for this bullshit."
>>
>>14266874
I actually like it. He looks damaged, but healed. Blasted down to muscle and bone at parts and then scarred over.
>>
File: sad cat.jpg (12KB, 426x314px) Image search: [Google]
sad cat.jpg
12KB, 426x314px
>>14268540
>tfw that's your favorite Godzilla costume

Please stop the bullying
>>
>>14266949
I remember seeing a concept model that had a more Millenium style face. Shame they didn't use that.
>>
File: Dragon Parasite.jpg (210KB, 756x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Parasite.jpg
210KB, 756x1080px
>>14267596
>>14267593
>>14267589
>>14267588
>>14267583

This seems really implausible, but I would flip my shit if it actually turned out that Godzilla was all fucked up because his body was being used to incubate some kind of hideous parasite.
>>
>>14267583
>>14267588
>>14267589
>>14267593
>>14267596
The imagery of how that would look made me sick to my stomach.
>>
>>14268540
Still one of my favorites.
>>
>>14268851
Go back to /tv/ fag.
>>
File: Whathorror.jpg (95KB, 400x415px) Image search: [Google]
Whathorror.jpg
95KB, 400x415px
>>14268979
>tfw /tv/ fags.
>>
>>14268688
Oldzilla is a grumpy old zilla and I wouldn't have him any other way.
>>
>>14266874
I thought the American redesign was okay definitely nothing compared to the original when it wasn't falling apart though.
But this, what exactly is this going for?
>>
File: Best Dad.jpg (10KB, 180x250px) Image search: [Google]
Best Dad.jpg
10KB, 180x250px
>>14269009
Depending on what the actual plot of the movie is, it will explain the appearance.
Right now is:
>Recovering from Oxy Clean.
>Another Nuclear bomb/Event.
>Likely bullshit, Parasite.

What gets me is the tail's tip, wtf is going on there?
>>
>>14266874
Maybe it's a bomb thing? I mean it kinda reminds of a cancer patient.
>>
File: Alien_Spell_Full.jpg (34KB, 241x447px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Spell_Full.jpg
34KB, 241x447px
>>14269027
That probably won't blow over well with some folks, considering the reaction to this guy back in the day.
>>
>>14268979
>>14268989
I saw the /tv/ thread first ill admit, but my home is /m/

Don't be mean anon.
>>
>>14267583
>>14267588
>>14267588
>>14267589
>>14267593
>>14267596
Fucking dumb...
>>
>>14267583
Cool post. Shame Anno said there's only going to be Godzilla.
>>
>>14269019
I don't know about the tail either, at first I thought the tail tip was because his body was made from dead sea life
>>
>>14267697
Oxygen Destroyer=/=nuke
>>
>>14268591
The bottom suit was used in Astro Monster and Sea Monster. But I agree top is worst suit in the series. I think it was used for water scenes only after that film
>>
>>14269793
It's basically the same thing in context. The scientist dude was so terrified of using it because he knew it'll be the next step on the atomic race so they'll solve the problem of the day, Godzilla, in exchange of creating more horror. The entire movie is about the bomb
>>
>>14269886
Good for you, but "thematically" being a nuke is not the same thing as literally being a nuke.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.