[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Son of Godzilla the most hated movie in the series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: jr.jpg (73KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
jr.jpg
73KB, 320x240px
Is Son of Godzilla the most hated movie in the series?
>>
I don't know about most hated, but Godzilla's Revenge is certainly the worst film. Say what you will about the '98 one, but it at least had the dignity to not be a feature-length clip show.
>>
I don't think I've ever seen anyone rank all of the movies without putting Godzilla's Revenge at the bottom. Not sure how you got the impression that Son of Godzilla was the most hated unless you thought that they were the same movie.
>>
>>14238522
Some people really like Revenge for the nostalgia. I appreciate it for the fact that it is the only film Godzilla may not be real and the actual story is good for a kid movie but I much prefer every other movie to it
>>
>>14238510

Yeah I'll go with this. It's really hard to place anything below Revenge
>>
>>14238500
Son of Godzilla is so goddamn hilarious that I can't possibly hate it. Seriously does anyone not find it incredibly funny?
>>
>>14238500
Almost everyone I've talked to who aren't major Godzilla fans usually claim the original or son of Godzilla are their favorites.
>>
>>14238500
Pic unrelated?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 256x197px
>>14238500
Nigga what?
>>
>>14238500
Revenge is, but casuals often mix up the two I find.
>>
>>14241457

Even if you are a major Godzilla fan, the original is usually your favorite. You really can't understate how much of a big deal Gojira was, and how impactful the film still continues to be.

Even though Japan HATED it when it came out because of its "too soon" nature.
>>
>>14241108
I like how, even though it was just meant to be some throwaway kiddie feature, they still attempted to add some kinda depressing social commentary about living in the industrial wastes. At least it had some amount of thought put into it, even if it didn't amount to much in the end, given how it's mostly overshadowed by the movie's more apparent shittiness.
>>
>>14248779
Minya is a hate magnet
>>
File: 443o0.gif (1013KB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
443o0.gif
1013KB, 360x202px
>>14251230
>implying people hate DAM
>>
>>14241156
/thread
>>
>>14250825
>Even though Japan HATED it when it came out because of its "too soon" nature.

Would you be able to link to any articles or books that detail this? I always sighed whenever someone would complain about something like Cloverfield, thinking "the Japanese could handle a rubber suit dinosaur version of Hiroshima and Nagasaki just nine years after those." (Not to mention Lucky Dragon 5 and anything else.)
>>
File: pic.png (61KB, 365x616px) Image search: [Google]
pic.png
61KB, 365x616px
>>14254038
The reception was more mixed than outright hatred. Here's a screencap from a .pdf of the Japan's Favorite Mon-Star book by Steve Ryfle, page 37.

Wouldn't be too hard to find other sources on the net, but I had the file for this at hand.
>>
>>14241339
they want a serious godzilla film
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.