[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is aldnoah zero the reason why newfags hate mecha anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: Aldnoah.Zero.full.1749360.jpg (536KB, 993x750px) Image search: [Google]
Aldnoah.Zero.full.1749360.jpg
536KB, 993x750px
Is aldnoah zero the reason why newfags hate mecha anime?
>>
No, that'd be M3
>>
>>14232921
>I got chased out of my own thread so I'll shitpost in this one.
>>
>>14232889
Not the only reason, most also only see NGE and TTGL and think that those shows are so god tier and deep that no other mecha show before and after it can ever hope to top it
>>
>>14232926
>someone insulted my favorite show, show defense force to the rescue!

Grow up.
>>
>>14232936
But M3 is shit. That doesn't mean I'm going to act like a brain dead child about some stranger on some other part of the internet uploading BDs of it.

But please, keep insisting it's must be my favorite show like the socially inept /v/ermin you are.
>>
>>14232941
How is it shit, faggot?
>>
>>14232889
No.

I hate the "I don't really like mecha (extra eye rolls if they write mechs) but this show is actually good" or "I don't usually watch mecha anime but..."

I find it absolutely ridiculous how people can form an opinion that generalises an entire genre of anime without ever watching it, or only seeing one or two shows.
>>
>>14233252
Mecha being shit as a general rule of thumb is perfectly accurate though. Only about two to maybe five percent of all mecha works being decent or even good is pretty much it.
>>
>>14233265
>>14233265
This is wrong though, and I hate that you perpetuate things like this because people who don't know better will believe you.
>>
File: visible confusion.jpg (7KB, 237x250px) Image search: [Google]
visible confusion.jpg
7KB, 237x250px
People actually watch AZ, isn't it just the same shitposter everytime going on about his irrelevant series?
>>
>>14233274
It's not wrong in the slightest. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it's the truth.
>>
>>14232889
I wanted this to be good and I still try my best to think of it positively
>>
>>14233281
Aldnoah Zero and Gundam Seed Destiny are my guilty pleasures.
>>
People hate mecha because it is formulaic shit
>>
>>142332989
So basically what you're saying is that about 90% of all mecha are shit? Would you care to elaborate on that? To me, you just seem like a dumb shitposter that's barely seen any mechs.
>>
>>14233483
>>14233298
>>
No, the reason newfags hate mecha is because they always think the show boils down to "just robots fighting each other". And for some reason, that's lame to a lot of people. So they make a point to talk about everything else in the show but the robot stuff. EVA and Geass newfags are the worst when it comes to this. At least TTGL newfags think it's cool when their robot punches a hole in the space time continuum.
>>
No, just most people don't like mechs in general. They think they're dumb, or they can't suspend their disbelief when it comes to them.
>>
>>14233541
>No, the reason newfags hate mecha is because they always think the show boils down to "just robots fighting each other". And for some reason, that's lame to a lot of people.

Because if that's all a show was, it WOULD be lame. You might as well just grab some toys and smack them against each other making explosion noises if that's all it takes to entertain you.

>So they make a point to talk about everything else in the show but the robot stuff. EVA and Geass newfags are the worst when it comes to this.

At least they are actually looking forward to something besides mindless action.
>>
>>14233564
But if you don't like robot action on some level, why watch mecha?

The story and the characters? That's fine, but mecha and robots play a key role in how the story plays out and how the characters interact with one another. If someone watching a mecha show is like "I don't really like this robot stuff, but this show is really good" then I won't fault him for it, but I'd be curious as to why he has no intrest in the mecha stuff if the story involves it so heavily.
>>
>>14233381
Unicorn and AZ are my guilty pleasures.
>>
>>14233676

Well since you mentioned Eva, in that instance there is a lot there besides the mechs, even if half the show is Anno's love letter to Ultraman.
>>
>>14233896
>Unicorn
Nothing guilty about that. There's a lot of great robot action in there.
>>
File: Gainax fans.png (24KB, 802x263px) Image search: [Google]
Gainax fans.png
24KB, 802x263px
>>14232928
>>
>>14232921
Shitty CGI, shity plot, shitty writer. Yep a complete shit and a disgrace to mecha anime.
>>
File: 1463093910096.jpg (402KB, 730x780px) Image search: [Google]
1463093910096.jpg
402KB, 730x780px
>>14234110
>>
File: Gundam_Build_Fighters_DVD.jpg (63KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Build_Fighters_DVD.jpg
63KB, 353x500px
>>14233564
>Because if that's all a show was, it WOULD be lame.

And I like GBF but admittingly there's not much to it other than battles.
>>
>>14232889
Aldnoah/Zero, Shirogane no Argevollen, and Gundam Build Fighters Try have totally soured me on mecha anime for the next 5 years.
>>
>>14234160
other than the endless cameos and quotes and other fanservice to franchise loyalists

>>14233564
these same idiots will then turn around and beat off about naruto and shit

If you can't appreciate a director's work in action scenes and mechanical designs or understand the appeal of mecha which is the main drawing point anyways, you're a fucking pleb. It's such a shitty smokescreen when people pop off about the depth and symbolism and mentally masturbate about keikakus because they're so fucking ashamed of just having fun. What a sad life
>>
>>14234160

Not true, there's also enjoyable character interaction.

>>14234174
>If you can't appreciate a director's work in action scenes and mechanical designs or understand the appeal of mecha which is the main drawing point anyways, you're a fucking pleb.

I get where you're coming from, but that can be applied to almost anything. Not to mention, let's not kid around here, most robot anime is there to sell models first and foremost, and that often does influence the quality of the show by crowbaring in things that aren't needed.

And keep in mind that I said MINDLESS action. If a show was literally nothing but fights....it would be the thing that people who aren't Godzilla fans want Godzilla movies to be.
>>
>>14234116

What's there to disgrace?
>>
>>14234174
>other than the endless cameos and quotes and other fanservice to franchise loyalists
Right but that doesn't do anything for people who are watching it with no prior knowledge of Gundam.
>>14234224
>there's also enjoyable character interaction.
Which is incredibly simple
>>
>>14234306
>Which is incredibly simple

It's servicable. It sets up things like character motivation, their personalities, how they see each other.
>>
>>14234309
But it really all amounts to "I love Gunpla" and "I want to be strong" and got mindnumbingly repetitive witg TRY's "MUH RIVALS". The important thing is that the cast is likable enough to ignore their simplicitic characterization but they don't leave much to desire and its telling that the most heated discussion in regards to this series came from the meta game aspect of it in regards to how the Rolanto Brothers played.
>>
>>14234332
>witg
*with
>>
>>14233564
>mecha anime is literally just beam fights and mindless action LOL atleast ttgl and eva are different.

Consider going back to /a/ or suicide.
>>
>>14233265
Most anime/books/movies/comics/manga/etc. are shit. Weed out the bad and find the stuff you like.

Granted, I also happen to believe in the Pareto principle for everything.
>>
>>14232889
>Is aldnoah zero the reason why newfags hate mecha anime?

If they keep rehashing similar premises like Gundam then yeah
>>
>>14233195
I just said that so the shitposter would get asshurt and confused. I have no idea what M3 is like.
>>
>>14234402
>i can't understand how the words "if" and "would" affect context of a sentence.
>>
>>14232889
Why does that look like those two guys from Valvrave?
>>
>>14235332
because you're blind?
>>
Newfags hate mecha because they believe giant robots are for children and they tell their normie friends this as they wait in line to see the next Marvel movie, produced by Disney
>>
File: 1243055727839.png (10KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1243055727839.png
10KB, 429x410px
I blame /v/ but I still don't understand why they came to /m/ if they hate mecha in general, it does not make sense
>>
>>14233564
It's been a long time since I've seen someone who is this wrong and has so much garbage taste.
>>
There are parts of Aldnoah that were cool as fuck. Shoot me.
>>
>>14235461
He didn't say a single thing that wasn't objectively correct.
>>
>>14235502
Nope.
>>
>>14235461

see >>14235143

Do you just read what you want to read?
>>
It's a niche. Seriously, how many times does this have to be drilled into your fucking skulls on this board? The majority of people out there don't give a shit about giant robots.

It has nothing to do with X show or whatever, it's just a ver narrow point of interest.
>>
>>14232889
It's one of many reason.
>>
>>14235430
Pretty sure those guy also hate Capeshit and most of cape film customer are kids and manchild.
>>
So how do you guys feel about the big A/Z announcement happening next month?
>>
>>14232889
Y'know people keep hating on AZ but honestly I don't see it. Most of the complaints boil down to not liking Eggs for using his brain rather than a suped up mecha or misunderstandings about the plot.
>>
>>14234110
Giamax sounds like a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>14238408
I refuse to believe someone watched AZ to its conclusion and not understand why people don't like it, especially after the second season
>>
>>14238408
>Most of the complaints boil down to anyone apart Eggs not using their brain .
>>
File: LFC story.jpg (647KB, 750x1900px) Image search: [Google]
LFC story.jpg
647KB, 750x1900px
>>
What's so bad about Aldnoah Zero? I haven't seen it, but it seems to be regarded as one of the worst series ever around here. Does it atleast have some cool fights?
>>
File: yeah, right.jpg (330KB, 1114x877px) Image search: [Google]
yeah, right.jpg
330KB, 1114x877px
>>14238955
Imagine a remake of Gundam 0079 done by people who have no idea of writing, characterisation, mecha design, geography and basic common sense and then them trying to sell that abomination as the latest hottest shit on the block.
>>
>>14238605
Oh I understand why most people hate it, but they hate it for the most ridiculous reasons.

>>14238843
By the same virtue, DBZ is a bad anime because only Goku can beat the villian of the weak.

>>14238995
So your real argument is that it's overhyped. Which really isn't the fault of the anime it'self so much as it's producers making promises it can't keep.
>>
>>14239143
>By the same virtue, DBZ is a bad anime because only Goku can beat the villian of the weak.

Dbz is bad, and for that exact reason.
It's a fun show but it's still bad, I could say the same thing about AZ.
I enjoyed watching it but it was still fucking awful.
>>
File: third rate anime.jpg (97KB, 642x964px) Image search: [Google]
third rate anime.jpg
97KB, 642x964px
>>14239143
>DBZ is a bad anime

It is bad you know, thus reiterating my point.
Pic related.
Regarding AZ, unless you really can't see or intentionally showing your bias for Eggs, unlike DBZ where everything boiled down to power levels, here both the Terran and the Martian military showed such stupidity tha makes you wonder how they even able to remember way to toilet.And then we have Eggs who applies common sense in a world which apparently forgot it maybe due brain problems caused by the Aldnoah.
At least Kira Yamato 's OPness can be rationalized with his genes and being a Coordinator. It's insult to injury when you realize how shamelessly blatent "Genius Kid of Nippon" being blatantly shown in a world wide war by making everyone a fool instead of having competent opponent to pit against Eggs.
Imagine Carta and her entourage of IBO were the entire army.
>>
>>14238995
Damn, it had such a classic tagline but it didn't fit with the theme at all. Roman sayings were top-tier.
>>
Aldnoah.Zero was good but the ending was shit and totally disappointing. I didn't even rewatch the dubbed versions because of this.
>>
>>14240780
>>14239427
>DBZ is bad

Sales numbers beg to differ. I suppose you could say that most people have shit taste but at that point you've got to ask if you're a statistical outlier and everyone else is normal.
>>
>>14240928
>Sales numbers

Worst leaders of modern day history were chosen democratically. SEED has big sales numbers. 0079 flooped at first . Turn A didn't sold much.
I don't see how statistically how much it sold being a criteria of the quality of the product.
Even bayformerers sold while Balde Runner was a flop.

In a word where things gets vindicated years later after their creators died, I don't see how slaes figures being a criteria apart from perspective of money hungry business executives who are also responsible for their meddling.

Lowest common denominator is weakest argument defending shit.
>>
>>14241000
>taking the bait
>>
>>14241010
>not taking the bait literally and turning the ttables by making a fool out of baiter
>>
>>14241029
Are you retarded? That's not how that works. That's not how any of this works.
>>
>>14241035
>taking the bait again
>>
>>14241035
No,but you are stupid,it seems.As you have no ideas how it works, you couldn't understand it. Hence you stick to AZ.
>>
File: check dem.jpg (101KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
check dem.jpg
101KB, 853x543px
>>14241000
Witnessed.
Trips confirmed the truth .

Also dat symmetry
>14241
>>
>>14233298
why are you here?
>>
>>14240888
>Aldnoah.Zero was good
I love this meme
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.