[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would an army of Balls be able to defeat an army of Regults?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Regult.jpg (42KB, 205x400px) Image search: [Google]
Regult.jpg
42KB, 205x400px
Would an army of Balls be able to defeat an army of Regults?
>>
>>14222826

How big of an army for each side? Where's the location of battle?
>>
File: Regult[1].jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Regult[1].jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
Not likely.
>>
>>14222837
Same numbers, giant empty area in space.

>>14222842
We're talking about standard Regults from the original SDF, not the customized stuff. Same with the Balls.
>>
>>14222826
Regults are pretty good as far as grunt suits go. They got a point-defence system, two nimble main guns that cover a wide field of fire and a little something to fry small fries. And if that's not enough, you can apparently quickly slap additional parts and weapons on them.

It's really wierd that they didn't just develope miclone cockpit block adapters for them and completely tossed the Destroids.

Meanwhile Balls are an existance meant to be kicked.
>>
>>14222850
>Same numbers, giant empty area in space.

I'd still put my money on the Regults. Largely for the same reasons as >>14222858; the Regults are far and away better armed, more nimble, and well-armored than the Balls.

Of course, both are the fodder belt of their respective series, but one's using human metallurgy and technology while the other's the product of an alien race. It's like pitting nine trained musketmen with thick leather jackets (the Ball army) against nine trained men with body armor and assault rifles (the Regult army).

>>14222858
Despite Delta's showing, it is likely that the Destroids are probably just as good if not better than the Regults in ground maneuvering, but some wanker who may or may not have signed up for the uniform to pick chicks up at the aloha-themed night bar is bound to get stepped on by an engineered warrior-slave who just got his most bases of battle instincts reactivated and shoved to the forefront of his consciousness in a ferocious mentally-blinding, headache-inducing tornado of invasive higher-order quantum physics manipulation across space-time blah blah.

Or most don't bother because Destroid crews aren't trained in VF tactics anyways, while the Regult is a multi-environment plug to be shoved anywhere to fill in the numbers gap; this line of thinking is at odds with the NUNS VFs/Destroids mix.

It's not like the NUNG is adverse to providing Zentraedi technology, since the Queadluun Rhea is their product, in a manner of speaking. It was also mentioned to somehow be more complicated than VFs, so, it the same runs true for the Regults/Destroids comparison, all I can say is, spare change adds up over the years.
>>
The Zentradi soldier that's inside the Regult is already bigger than a Ball...
>>
>>14222858
Oh hey, Big Zam.
>>
>>14222898
>all I can say is, spare change adds up over the years.

Regults come out of automated factories and have been in production for centuries, so small change isn't really an argument here. Doctrine and training are though.
>>
how is this even a fair match
>>
>>14222902
Balls are larger than you think mate
>>
>>14222983
The "oh hey" meme replacing the older and more generally applicable "mass produced" meme will never not peeve me.
>>
>>14222850
A regult will utterly devestate a ball. Regults have this hands down
>>
>>14223062
they're still tiny by comparison... like fucking hell, the front part of the ball is mostly cockpit window for the pilot... human sized pilot.
>>
>>14223094
But fine, we know balls have taken out mobile suits like zakus and what not. So its just a super low-end unit of the gundam universe. The regult is the mainstay enemy mech of SDF macross.

At this point we have to start taking into accout the tech levels of each universe. Its always a mess
>>
>>14222842
I'd sell my fucking soul for a figure or kit of the Regult with arms.
>>
>>14223053

Well, the Zentraedi didn't need to use their factories for the costs and upkeep of colonization efforts and/or upholding the QoL of its forces and citizens across who knows how many planets either.
>>
>>14222826

Highly unlikely. Balls don't usually carry the firepower needed to overcome hypercarbon armor. Its in the same ballpark as lunar titanium, it only looks like tinfoil because everyone is packing even more dangerous weapons.
>>
>>14224359
and before someone says gunpods are "only machine guns", they're a hell of a lot better than than most people expect

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrosstechman/tech-gunpod.html
>>
Your are now imaging a game of soccer with Regults as the players and a Ball as the ball.
>>
File: 4079371499_f447773794.jpg (66KB, 500x243px) Image search: [Google]
4079371499_f447773794.jpg
66KB, 500x243px
>>14223128
???
>>
>>14230131

That's the Queadluun Rhea. It doesn't have the adorbs half-closed monoeye viewport with twin wiggly head lasers.

Not that I mind, but I do wonder what so special about that Zentraedi group that they needed a special Regult instead of just using a Queadluun-Rhea or Nosjadeul-Ger in the first place.
>>
>>14222842
Do these even have a name? I only know of the Glaug, Regult, and Queadluun Rhea. I know I've seen pictures of them around but the only thing I can turn up is Robotech stuff
>>
>>14231324
It's a Regult, with arms.

>I know I've seen pictures of them around but the only thing I can turn up is Robotech stuff
Wut?

You know robotech is an edited abomination made up of Macross, Southern Cross, and MOSPEADA, right?
>>
>>14231366
Yes I do. But they've got their own fluff written about them with sometimes new names. I wanted to know what they were supposed to be in Macross, not the appropriated Robotech versions
>>
>>14231420
>I wanted to know what they were supposed to be in Macross
As far as we know, that thing is a Regult with arms.
Its first appearance is, wait for it, Macross Delta, which is currently airing.

We don't have information on it.
>>
>>14231324
> Queadluun Rhea.
Rhea is in Frontier.
Original is Rau and there is also the Quilqua in 7 (Emilia's)
>>
>>14231324
>>14231429
Pretty sure they're just Glaug arms.
>>
>>14231459
They have hands and the forearm miniguns. They're Queadluun arms.
>>
>>14231459
>Pretty sure they're just Glaug arms.
Look at the image again, then look at Glaug arms.

Notice how they're not anywhere even fucking close to similar.
>>
>>14222826

Those enemies appear in Megaman X's intro stage, ironically enough.
>>
File: Lotzor.jpg (226KB, 814x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lotzor.jpg
226KB, 814x1200px
>>
>>14230138
Repurposing shitty old tech
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.