[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there something like this for macross?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1448720720132.jpg (2MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
1448720720132.jpg
2MB, 2800x3402px
Is there something like this for macross?
>>
There are only like two worth watching, so there is no need.
>>
File: Macross_Guide.jpg (391KB, 1115x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Macross_Guide.jpg
391KB, 1115x1024px
this is all i have in my folders. Its more of a watch order than a recommendation chart.
>>
>>14219553
>watch it whenever
>not production order

The early 90s animation should be seen before all the CGI stuff.
>>
>>14219564
The "watch it whenever" is only meant for Macross II: Lovers Again as it's considered to be non-canon, and pretty bad, as far as I know. I haven't seen it yet myself, though I have everything else, as I haven't gotten to downloading the BDrip and muxing the subtitles yet, since it doesn't seem like anyone else has done that yet
>>
>>14219586
>pretty bad, as far as I know
>I haven't seen it yet myself

If you're going to be letting the "muh canon" trolls shape your opinions, you're really in no position to suggest anything.
>>
>>14219564
Yeah, i imagine production order is probably what most people do. I haven't gotten to that one yet, I just save pretty much any chart i come across.
I hope it helps the OP at least
>>
>>14219599
I said
>it's considered to be non-canon, and pretty bad, as far as I know
I never said that's why I haven't seen it, I was just explaining why Macross II was dismissed in the image, to the best of my knowledge.
I never said that I haven't seen it because others have said it's bad.
I haven't seen it because there isn't a bluray rip readily available on nyaa or bakabt that has the subtitles also muxed in, and I simply haven't gotten around to doing it myself because I'm busy with other things, you fucking moron.
>>
>>14219627
Gotta' love when people read and assume the worst due to limited communication from simple statements. Though if we had powers of COMMUNICATION it'd still be strife.
>>
>>14219635
>due to limited communication from simple statements.
It's not even that. Everything I said in >>14219627 is also in >>14219586.
My poor and overly long sentence structuring might have obscured what I meant, but one would have to have very poor reading comprehension to come to the conclusion in >>14219599
>>
>>14219528
Don't listen to >>14219549, they all range from fucking awesome to average-decent at worst. Also, learn to enjoy the variety of Macross, it can sometimes be all serious'n shit (SDF most of the time, Plus), but also be wacky and fun like Seven, and everything inbetween. Only Zero and II are controversial, but watch them and form your own opinion, also, watch it in production order, except for II which can be watched at any point.
>>
>>14219669
>SDF most of the time
Ehhh, more like half the time

>>14219553
I have been meaning to make a new one of this with Delta, Flashback 2012 and 30. Does anybody know the font?
>>
>>14219717
whatthefont is suggesting "enamelplate D"
which looks pretty close
>>
Macross > Plus > 7 > Zero > Frontier.

And then Delta.
>>
>>14219528
>>ZZ is canon
When will this meme end?
>>
>>14219794
Oh just shut the fuck up.
>>
>>14219794
>When will this meme end?
When will this meme end?
>>
>>14219717
>More like half the time
Actually, it's 2/3rd of the time.
Source: I finished it a month ago.
>>
>>14219794
Stop sucking Black_Knight's dick.
>>
>>14220215
>>14219965
>>14219988
Stop being so uptight, what's it matter if ZZ is not canon anyway? You make it sound like people are banned from watching it.
>>
>>14220231
We're just pointing out that ZZ is canon. Also, the Zeta ANT movies aren't.
>>
>>14220246
But that's just wrong. You shouldn't get so emotional over simple facts.
>>
>>14220231
I don't even like ZZ. Memes are just low brow and rarely funny.
>>
>>14219773
>Zero > anything.

Yeah... right.
>>
>>14220321
He's just stating production order.

And the reason we don't have a chart is because it's unnecessary, you can watch the entire franchise in a week.
>>
>>14219599
And I see you're letting "muh dick" shape your opinion.
As someone who's seen Macross II and is not a waifu fag I can say with certainty that it's pretty boring and inoffensive. Like there was shit in Frontier that actually pissed me off, but II is just kinda weak and forgettable.
>>
>>14219669
>Only Zero and II are controversial
People are pretty split on Frontier too. But in kinda a weird way.
Usually it's something like:
>TV vs movies
>shit vs not shit
>Ranka vs Sheryl
From what I've seen whether someone loves it or hates it has a lot to do with the version they saw. And that's more than I can say for Zero (because no one watched that).
>>
File: 1453072177105.gif (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453072177105.gif
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>14221049
>People are pretty split on Frontier too.
That's only really on 4chan though, I've only seen praise for it outside here, especially from the casual viewer (which makes up the largest chunk of viewers).

Though I don't really go to many Macross centered forums, so you might still be right.

But I saw both versions of Frontier and liked both, but then again I've liked every version of every entry I've seen. I might just be easily entertained, though.
>>
>>14221075
>I've only seen praise for it outside here,
That's usually from people that have only seen Frontier, or started with it.
You know, plebs.
I'm surprised how popular it got with people who never touched a single Macross before considering how many references to SDF, 7, and Zero it had.
>>
>>14221239
Not that I'm comparing the two in terms of quality as I like F much more, but it's probably for the same reason SEED was so popular. It's really easily accessible despite having a lot of throwbacks.
>>
>>14221239
I watched SDF and Frontier and liked both. They were both fun though SDF is best ofcourse.
>>
>>14219528
Why would you want a list that's full of factually wrong opinions?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.