[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Mecha OCs and Universes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1460135105668.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1460135105668.gif
2MB, 380x285px
Hey /m/, so the title's kind of self-explanatory. Have you spent any time developing your own universe for a mecha-based story or a story with mecha involvement?

I can 100% understand if you do not want to divulge any details because you may have a glimmer of hope for having it develop into something, but I'm more interested in hearing about the creative element behind it (though please feel free to share sketches or anything if you desire). If you've gone into development of your own universe, how did it come about and do you or did you have any primary inspiration? Do you just see stuff in other series and just feel the need to draw a sketch or write down a plotline that comes up in your head? Do you have three pages of scribbles, several dozen pages of backstory and character drafts?

tl;dr - Have you created characters or a story for an OC mech series? If so, what inspired you to make it or what inspires you to continue adding to it? Do you just do it for personal amusement or do you feel you could one day make it into something to share with others?
>>
I write short stories, I have posted some on /m/ in the past:

https://ideaswithoutend.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/short-story-the-things-i-learned-on-genesis/

https://ideaswithoutend.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/short-story-thanks/

https://ideaswithoutend.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/short-story-achelois/

https://ideaswithoutend.wordpress.com/2012/03/27/fiction-five-hearts-that-beat-as-one-long-post/
>>
>>14216371
I wouldn't say anything particularly motivates me beyond loving robots and writing and wanting to have a go myself...
>>
>World is ravaged by war
>Scientist guy hoping for peace creates a device that links with human consciousness/souls/brain activity/etc and saves them within upon death
>In this way by creating a temporary purgatory for everyone who died in the war the scientist hopes people can come to an understanding, then resurrect them in clone bodies
>But various factions that learn about the device realize its potential to endlessly resurrect soldiers and create an unbeatable army
>Escalating arms war necessitates the construction of mobile suits to protect soldiers, lest the enemy capture the soul device and resurrect your guys for interrogation
>Eventually humanity either comes to an understanding or ends up destroying itself, and all humans are saved within the device, which glitches and resets its resurrection timer or something
>Tens of thousands of years later, everyone is resurrected on Earth again for a second chance

Just throwing ideas out there.
>>
>>14216317
I have an alternate universe in which the Chinese Civil war was fought with mecha.
>>
>>14216317
buddy cop gundam with anaheim as the main antagonist. A Zeek and a Feddie have to team up after a mission against each other goes awry. They end up the target of their own factions from false info because they saw something they weren't supposed to survive. dirty dealings on both sides and two hard boiled pilots just trying to survive with what they got.
>>
>>14216783
I'd watch this
>>
i've got a few about haman sama
>>
>>14216865

That's not OC.
>>
I had this idea for three individual stories taking place in the same universe but following a different protagonist,

>One is about a mercenary band going job to job their leader is a a testtube baby created as a "symbol of peace" between humanity and aliens from a planet near Sirius.

>Another is about a united nations special Anti-Terrorism task force dealing with a highly dangerous group that has stolen a Gravity engine

>The last one deals with a test pilot team trying to construct a new MP unit only for things to go awry when a strange monstrosity from ten years prior is dredged out of the ocean.

Among the details include

>Aliens from around Sirus who have colonized the moon.

>Dogs have become second class citizens do to gaining psychic power.

>A large scale war ended about twenty years prior and various terrorist cells have risen from the ashes.
>>
File: Mecha to scale.jpg (587KB, 1372x956px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha to scale.jpg
587KB, 1372x956px
>>14216317
I have one I developed for a table top RPG I'm running.
>Kaiju invade the Earth in the early 90s
>Threat of Kaiju attack keeps the Soviet Union together as the smaller Soviet states don't want to fight off monsters on their own
>However, neither the Soviets nor the US uses nukes against the kaiju, as they fear it could be misunderstood by the other side as an attack and trigger nuclear warfare
>While conventional weapons work at first, kaiju keep getting bigger and stronger. Non-NATO or Soviet countries start getting destroyed, with the exceptions of Japan, China, and North Korea due to their connections with the larger powers
>Kaiju begin emitting a gas that slowly starts to replace the atmosphere of Earth, making it poisonous to anything that isn't a kaiju
>Humans start using nukes but it is too late to stop the poisoning. The Sinno-NATO Commune and the Warsaw Alliance both build massive space stations and flee the Earth on them
>It is now the year 2033, and both sides have constructed mecha to send down to Earth to reclaim it
>However, the mecha are only 20 meters tall, while kaiju range from 50 to 100 meters. It takes a whole team of mecha to take down one of the small kaiju and they are basically hopeless against a larger one
>Instead, the mecha teams target kaiju breeding grounds, going after their young and eggs. The plan is to drive the kaiju to extinction by culling their generations
>Political tensions remain high between the two remaining factions of humanity. Both sides have a number of nukes aimed at the other space station, and encounters between mech teams of the two often become violent
>Furthermore, kaiju continue to evolve, and there are now rumors of flying ones capable of space flight
What do you think /m/?
>>
>>14216987
I'd need a bit more info on what the mechs are like such as do they have Melee options but otherwise sounds real solid I'd play it
>>
File: 1455534255582.jpg (1020KB, 3204x2040px) Image search: [Google]
1455534255582.jpg
1020KB, 3204x2040px
>>14216317
You might want to check out Cognis over on /tg/. He has a pretty cool original setting for a skirmish game with tons of backstory.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PSLptlTQfT3NtHF2bukXjQ3GuKaMCVdQdUxrYsoEF_0/edit?usp=sharing

As for me, I've always wanted to write something with a bit of an early 20th century vibe, like Ring of Red.
>>
File: Kaiju Size Chart.jpg (4MB, 10000x2692px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiju Size Chart.jpg
4MB, 10000x2692px
>>14217015
Oh sure.
The whole thing is that the mecha use jump jets to get around and rely on their maneuverability to get around. Basically, think of the armor from Star Ship Troopers the novel.
The primary mecha manufacturers for the Sino-NATO side are America, Japan, and England, while the Warsaw Alliance has Russia, China, and Best Korea making all of their mechs.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.