[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macross

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Is this worth watching or even canon?

Just finished the original series, should I skip to Lovers Again?
>>
Do not skip anything. Every Macross is totally worth it. Yes, even 2.
>>
Lovers Again is even less canon.
>>
>>14209903
Skip both?
>>14209902
The original series got really meh once the war ended.

the soap opera love triangle bullshit sucked.
>>
>>14209909

I didn't think it was all that great from the start and frankly don't understand how it got so damn popular
>>
>>14209902
Why does everyone act like 2 doesn't exist?
>>
File: 1349837264320.jpg (325KB, 962x722px) Image search: [Google]
1349837264320.jpg
325KB, 962x722px
>>14209922
your a faggot. which anime are good to you?

>>14209902
"Macross 2 is not terrible" is the worst recent /m/eme
>>
File: macross.gif (2MB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
macross.gif
2MB, 500x313px
>>14209900
>Is this even worth watching
>Is one of the most well animated movies from the 80s even watching

I dunno OP, you tell me.
>>
>>14209974
>animation
>mattering
>>
>>14209930
It's not everyone; just a few autistic trolls way too obsessed with "canon."
>>
>>14209960
>your a faggot. which anime are good to you?

the catchphrase of the faggot who can't actually defend the shit he's a faggot for
>>
>>14209900
Yes, go ahead and skip the pinnacle of the franchise.
>>
>>14210360
But it is totally canon. In it's own alternate universe.
>>
File: macross7.jpg (576KB, 1440x2160px) Image search: [Google]
macross7.jpg
576KB, 1440x2160px
>>14209900
The movie is a movie inside the series universe and ends with "real" footage from the final Lynn Minmay concert before she leaves the Earth.
>>
>>14209930
>Why does everyone act like 2 doesn't exist?

Because it wasn't directed by Kawamori. At least that's the reason most Macrossfags give for ignoring Macross II.
>>
>>14210474

Guess we have to start ignoring SDF and 7 then.
>>
>>14210387
I like to think of it as an in-universe movie, like DYRL
>>
7 had some music from Lovers so...
>>
>>14210483
>Guess we have to start ignoring SDF and 7 then.

Hey man, nobody ever said Macrossfags were rational in their thinking. They just pick and choose select series/ovas from the Macross metafranchise to fit their narrative.
>>
>Actually ignoring any entries
Anyone that tells you to ignore II is fucking with you.

II is acknowledged as an AU and is also in the marketing.
>>
>>14209900
DYRL is canon on a superficial level. Like everything visual in it is canon as fuck, from designs of the mecha, the pilot suits to the grotesquer appearance of the zents and their nonsense language

It's also a really iconic part of the franchise
>>
>>14210474
More like Kawamori had zero involvement whatsoever and it was made by a completely different production company.
>>
>>14210404
But we're talking about lol Kawamori here. Yes, that mention indicates that 7 treated SDF as canon and DYRL as an in-universe movie, but then Frontier (via scenes shown in its prologue narration) went and effectively established continuity as a hybrid of SDF and DYRL.You can't really say anything for certain.
>>
It's not canon but still worth watching after you've seen the original tv series it's a (very loose) retelling of it with the art quality of a movie. Art that still looks pretty damned good today.

Lovers Again is also a pretty decent show. It's main fault is that it's pretty derivative of DYRL. Same beats done again. Some people care entirely too much that it's non-canon, that's meaningless.
>>
>>14210595
what part of the preview of frontier made DYRL canon other than visually?
>>
>>14209900
>what part of the preview of frontier made DYRL canon other than visually?

Your question doesn't make sense.

Every animated Macross series is a in-universe fictionalized account of the real in-universe events. In other terms the audience of the different Macross series never see the actual real in-universe events.

Kawamori established this line of thinking so he could forget about canon, and at the same time ignore the fans asking for a coherent timeline.
>>
>>14209909
Well DYRL doesn't have anything about after the war so if you didn't like that stuff you're in luck.

Also the post war stuff was forced on them by the network because the show was so popular. The show was going to end at the end of the war.
>>
I thought DYRL was really shit. It looked nice but in my opinion that's the only thing it has going for it.
>>
>>14209900
Macross 7 > Macross Plus >>>>>>>>>> the rest.
>>
>>14210926
Macross 7 is just mediocre

it isn't the anti-christ, but it certainly isn't good either.
>>
>>14209909
>Skip both?
>Skipping things because "muh canon"
Kill yourself so your autist genes don't accidently spread.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.