[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I pre-order?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 12

File: 71aWmkwebnL._SL1500_.jpg (214KB, 900x1139px) Image search: [Google]
71aWmkwebnL._SL1500_.jpg
214KB, 900x1139px
It's currently listed on amazon for $49 pre-order. Is that a reasonable amount to pay for this on blu-ray or should I wait for a price drop?? I've seen the original and even Zeta going for around 25-35 usd.

Explain why or why not.
>>
>>14209363
You should get the MSG and Zeta movies instead of ZZ. and then got to Char's Counter Attack
>>
File: 1440389062525.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1440389062525.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>>14209372
>>
>>14209363

Seems like a reasonable price if you've got disposable income. I know nothing of the scene though. That said, I really thought Judau was Amuro for a moment and was wondering why he was on the cover.
>>
>>14209363
>all this stuff coming out all at once
I can hardly keep up with it all. It's almost dizzying.
>>
>>14209496
I know, it's great.
>>
>>14209433
Well Amuro was on the opening, so it'd make sense he was on the cover too.
>>
when them GReco Blurays coming out?
>>
>>14209363
I've been pre-ordering since last years releases haven't exactly undercut their pre-order prices.
>>
>>14209363
I kind of want to get this just so that I have something else other than just the shitty ordered chapters and inconsistent aspect ratios EG's release regrettably offers.
>>
>>14209561
Hmm, what's wrong with ordered chapters?
>>
>>14209559
Or the OVAs/Movies. I want CCA & F91 BDs already. 0083 too.
>>
File: 1419796193466.jpg (102KB, 512x1527px) Image search: [Google]
1419796193466.jpg
102KB, 512x1527px
I want to buy ZZ on blu-ray because it has more quality (I guess) since it's blu-ray as opposed to dvd, but would then need to purchase the rest of the TV series' on blu-ray because im ocd-- BUT I cant because my superior tastes tell me not to show support for the shitty Zeta covers and Mobile Suit Gundam tv isn't even my preference way to experience the OYW.

>wwyd?
>>
>>14209563
There's a reason no one uses it anymore, and why EG didn't use it for any of his later releases, including the Zeta V2s. If you can't figure out why, then that's on you.
>>
>>14209569
>wwyd
>Gundam tv isn't even my preference way to experience the OYW.
Get better taste.
>>
>>14209560
Weird...I remembered Gundam being around $50 bucks on pre-order. Now it's closer to $40. I could be wrong.
>>
While we are on the subject of rightstuf's blu-rays, how were the Zeta sets? Besides the drab boxart, were the video and audio quality pretty good? What about the menus?
>>
What are the chances of getting G or Turn-A on Bluray? I'd ask about 0080, but that doesn't even have a Japanese one yet, so that's right out.
>>
>>14209583

I do. I prefer the superior movie compilation.
>>
>>14209573
Wait, why can't you explain it? Is it technical or long-winded? I have no idea what the current video encoding scene is like and Google tells me nothing other than a bunch of complaints about "it doesn't work with my media player" which means "user error".

And what do you mean EG doesn't use ordered chapters anymore? His Victory and 0083 BD encodes still have ordered chapters, and he put them out this year.
>>
Speaking of Rightstuf releases, did anyone else catch they were releasing this? Flew under my radar.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01BW5FOMA/ref=s9_cxhsh_co_g74_i2?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=left-1&pf_rd_r=AR8ES25D7MVHX9P8XV4P&pf_rd_t=3201&pf_rd_p=1774872402&pf_rd_i=typ01
>>
I've been picking up the Gundam BDs as they've been coming out, but about 2-4 weeks after release where they all seem to drop about $10 to something I feel is more reasonable/in my price range.
>>
Got origin 3 and thunderbolt ordered both zz volumes too....oh god my wallet
Where the fuck is CCA and 0083 dammit?!?
>>
>>14209750
Where are Turn A and 0079 Trilogy blu-rays?!
>>
>>14209363

how many episodes? If it's the whole series than that's a pretty damn good price
>>
>>14209769
It's in two parts.
>>
>>14209793

eh still not bad.
>>
>>14209762
I've been wondering this myself. I already own the trilogy on DVD, so I don't want to buy it again. As for Turn A, I don't want to buy it unless it's the BDs. Besides, I have a sinking suspicion that, if I bought it now, they'd announce the BDs shortly afterwards.

>>14209799
It's slightly more expensive than the average price for Bandai Ent's "Anime Legends" sets back in the day, which is appropriate considering these are BDs.
>>
>>14209608
Vid quality is great from what I could tell, menus were pretty Bear bones. As for Audio I watch the kinda bad dub but it sounded fine on my tv, did not use any kind of surround sound or anything like that so I have no idea how it sounds in that kind of a set up.
>>
>>14209633
bump
>>
The day ZZ and X arrive at my doorstep is going to be a great day.

ZZ I watched 1 time years ago with really really shitty quality video and subs. Currently rewatching Z in anticipation.

X, I know basically nothing about. Never even looked up its Op/Eds in all the years I've known the series existed. Rewatched G and now into rewatchng W just to have my AU's in a row.
>>
>>14209978
Yeah, my Bandai Zeta dvds looked and sounded great to me too. Are there any noticeable differences from the dvds to the right stuff blurays?
>>
>>14210074
It's one of the best AUs.

Got cut a bit short, so it doesn't live up to it's full potential, but I heartily recommend it.
>>
>>14209363
Is that seriously the cover art? Jesus would it kill them to put in the slightest amount of effort?
>>
>>14210074
X is love it or hate it.
>>
>>14210074
I thought X was alright, but pretty middling. Better than stuff like Wing but not as good as G or Turn A.
>>
Got payment & shipping confirmation for both ZZ-1 and X-1 today. Wasn't expecting that, but hey I'll take a random early release.
>>
>>14209385
But he wasn't joking, ZZ is hot garbage.
>>
>>14209372

movies are ok with Msg but its definitely not the same with Z, watch the series instead

if you watch CCA after Zeta you will miss wtf happened to haman and axis neo zeon after grips war
>>
>>14212100
Did you ever watch A New Translation? Tomino did a very good job of being able to connect that and Char's Counter Attack without the need for ZZ.

The two main points are what happens to Haman and Axis. These were resolved with Haman's forced appearing to have taken much more damage than the TV series (Backed up by the fly by of her fleet in the credits which on;y shows 3 ships) and she opts to leave the Earth Sphere in order to regroup her forces then attempt to fight AEUG, who's forces weren't completely decimated like in the TV series. She also didn't take Axis with her and it was left floating around the remains of A Baoa Qu. Plus she let Mineva stay on Earth.
>>
>>14212122
>The two main points are what happens to Haman and Axis. These were resolved with Haman's forced appearing to have taken much more damage than the TV series (Backed up by the fly by of her fleet in the credits which on;y shows 3 ships) and she opts to leave the Earth Sphere in order to regroup her forces then attempt to fight AEUG, who's forces weren't completely decimated like in the TV series. She also didn't take Axis with her and it was left floating around the remains of A Baoa Qu. Plus she let Mineva stay on Earth.

so haman, kamille and other characters with the AEUG simply disappear in CCA and nothing happens in the blank of 5 years, thats not helping
>>
>>14209363
There won't be a price-drop because scalpers will buy it up and put it up for hundreds of dollars.
>>
>>14209566
Those are all literally out.
>>
>>14210116
The Bandai DVD of Zeta would look/sound worse than the RS BD of Zeta. The Blu Ray is a bit soft and shitty by nature of the crusty transfer bandai used, but it is better than the DVD. There's also a little bit of grain to be seen for once (not a lot, a little) so that's surprising.

Definitely an improvement over the quality of a torrented version.
>>
>>14212149
Standard timeline applies where after defeating the Federation's Titan forces, the AEUG reintegrated into the Federation with many members joining Londo Bell. Haman left the Earth Sphere so her whereabouts are irrelevant. And Kamille didn't appear in CCA anyway even with his participation in ZZ, so it's a moot matter along with the other minor characters. Plus no characters that were introduced in ZZ made an appearance in CCA.
>>
>>14209762
Two year rule.
Bandai/Sunrise will NOT license blu ray releases to America unless at least two years have passes and the hype/ordering has died down domestically. It prevents "reverse importation" that happens when fans don't wanna pay the higher price of the Japanese releases.

It allows bandai to justify charging 200-300 bucks in yen for 25 episodes of a series to the poor souls in Japan.
>>
File: Slap.png (24KB, 158x149px) Image search: [Google]
Slap.png
24KB, 158x149px
>>14209372
>Zeta movies
>>
>>14210403
Funny thing about that. Apart from the spine and back of the box, RS doesn't have any say in the packaging. As part of the deal, sunrise dictates the cover art imagery.
>>
File: Counter Slap.jpg (6KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
Counter Slap.jpg
6KB, 208x200px
>>14212190
>Double Zeta
>>
File: tumblr_mu07k8aKzZ1rbok5to4_400.jpg (90KB, 323x378px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu07k8aKzZ1rbok5to4_400.jpg
90KB, 323x378px
I want to pre-order these while they're on sale, but I don't live in North America.

Apparently you have to photograph a form of ID to prove your address and send Rightstuf a photograph of your bank card.

What the fuck is up with that?
>>
File: Guards.png (119KB, 392x366px) Image search: [Google]
Guards.png
119KB, 392x366px
>>14212216
>>
File: 1200378723984.jpg (15KB, 379x300px) Image search: [Google]
1200378723984.jpg
15KB, 379x300px
>>14212274
>>
>>14212264
Just realised I won't be able to run the bluray discs anyway because of region encoding.

Turns out they're releasing ZZ in the UK but on DVD only.

Fuck 'em, I'll just torrent it again.
>>
>>14212170
GM III
>>
>>14212060
Lighten up.
>>
>>14209633
No they don't...
>>
>talking to the massive autist that is Black_Knight
the shitposter neonazi of nearly 10 years on /m/
why are you all such retarded newfags
>>
>>14213297
He really is like Neo-Zeon
No matter how many times you beat him down, he'll just come back.
>>
>>14212151
Damn, never thought of that.
>>
>>14212155
Not in the us
>>
>>14212216
Lighten up.
>>
File: 1393387509915.gif (1MB, 346x261px) Image search: [Google]
1393387509915.gif
1MB, 346x261px
>>14210116
Came here to ask this as well. Would buy them in a heartbeat if they had original Op/Ed but we all know that's never going to happen. I don't know if I should spend money on the Zeta BD if I am happy with the dvd set.
I bought the MSG blu rays and they look fucking amazing. Even the Turn A set looks ok for dvd but I wish it got a Blu ray set as well. I currently have the ZZ blu ray and X dvd on pre order. I can't fucking wait!

Anyone know what's coming out after these? I would like to see Victory eventually and maybe a blu ray set of 00.
>>
>>14209363
Their 0079 and Zeta releases were incomplete (missing episodes and OP/EDs, respectively). Definitely wouldn't pre-order, wait for reviews to see if it's another incomplete release.
>>
>>14213499
The Doan's Island episode was cut at Tomino's request if I recall correctly and the Original Zeta Op Eds aren't even used in Japanese stuff anymore due to copyright bullshit (I think). So you can't really blame RS for that. I don't see why they would cut anything from ZZ but I will be pretty disappointed if I don't get my Anime Ja Nai.
>>
>>14213521
>I don't see why they would cut anything from ZZ
I wonder if the standard def will have the Delorean and the Blade Runner car that got replaced in the Japanese HD version
>>
>>14213521
I'm really not trying to shit on RS, I've loved their releases otherwise, but I will not support incomplete products.
>>
>>14209372
Why would you encouage to rushing to CCA? It's terrible
>>
>>14213297
This. The only reason to mention him is to mention he's an autist.
>>
>>14213499
Welcome to over a decade ago? Those aren't RS cuts, they're Banrise cuts. 10 years from now when some other distributor is pushing out Gundam in the US those exact same things will still be missing. So, I guess, support the Japanese release? Buy the sets, rip them, add your subtitles of choice and enjoy.
>>
>>14212048
yeah RS tends to ship out pretty quick on pre orders I got the same thing for my order of ZZ1 expect to see it for next month on ZZ2
>>
>>14213627
>Those aren't RS cuts, they're Banrise cuts

Why would this change my opinion of an incomplete release? I don't care what the origin of the issue is. If the new release did not correct it, then it's inferior, ultimately worthless, and not worth spending money on. You are asking for more incompetent releases by spending money on this garbage.

It's great that they are making an effort, but it's all for naught if they don't give a shit and try to sell us incomplete and inferior releases.
>>
>>14213648
But a month before their own release date? I'm starting to imagine them having a warehouse filled with dvds & bds of every Gundam show (save for IBO & Thunderbolt), just sitting there waiting on some arbitrary release date. Glad I didn't pre-order the second volumes of each yet, as I don't have the funds available just yet. Getting stuff early is cool but I was kind of expecting to pay up next month rather than this one.
>>
>>14213499
>missing episodes
Why do you have to exaggerate like a faggot?
You know it's just one episode and you know that one episode is fucking terrible and removed from all releases because it's terrible.
If you want to cry about it because you're an obsessive completionist then go cry to Tomino because it's not the fault of any distributor that it's not in there.
>>
>>14213674
People like you make me so fucking glad I don't work in a field where I need to make unreasonable autists happy.

Obviously they would love to have the original Zeta OP1, but it would cost an insane amount of money - and that's even assuming the rights holders would be willing to negotiate at all.
Do you really think they should just not bring a show to the West at all because 1:30 of a song has to change?
>ultimately worthless
What a big fucking baby. I'd lose my mind if you were my target audience.
>>
>>14209633
>His Victory and 0083 BD encodes still have ordered chapters
They dont
>>
>>14215145
There are some really unrealistic expectations now, I would kill for fucking sets like this back in the day. I don't even get it.
>>
>>14215570
I remember when 4 to 5 episode dvds were $25-$30 apiece and were 10 discs total. And when the eventual boxsets were released they were upwards of $150.
>>
>>14215570
When you hear someone claim that a bluray of an entire series of 50 episodes is "worthless" because an OP has been changed, it's pretty clear that it's just a piratefag who never planned to buy them anyway. I bet a million fucking dollars that that autist wouldn't buy them even if they were literally flawless.

Then it would be "not enough extras" or "too expensive for something so old" or maybe... maybe, if he's feeling INCREDIBLY generous... he'll pick it up in a sale a few years from now.
>>
>>14209363
Coverart seems fine but the logo made me double guess whether it was Z or ZZ they had slapped on there.
>>
I guess only american can see this ?
Fucking region locking
>>
>>14212264
I didn't need to.
>>14213496
I mean it is a pretty substantial resolution increase. I mean shit you can sell the old DVD sets for the same price as the Blu Rays and some collector will probably buy them, even at that ludicrous price, it's still not scalping hardcore like what usually happens with them.
>>14216315
Yeah fuckin hell what a dick.
Fuckin Doans syndrome Island isn't even good. And it being in the show actually makes the progression of it harder to follow because it's a random island not seen before or since.
The Zeta OPs are great and I'd LOVE to have them. In fact, I'd probably double dip if later they were offered up with the OPs (maybe if banrise does pointless 4k editions), but Jesus, Sedaka is dead, the rights are expensive, the actual legal situation doesn't even make SENSE to begin with, his estate are stupidly money hungry, and Banrise can't be bothered to beg on RS' behalf.

It's only a minute and a half per episode, jesus. So long as the release is competant, with nearly 100 percent of it present, reasonable in price, and of good quality, then alway support said domestic release. It how they can afford to give you what you want in the first place.
>>
>>14216391
Americans and Japanese. I agree region locking is shitty, but that's really Sony's fault for keeping the trend going with their format, the BD format unfortunately is a big ass copy protection mess. Ever tried to play them on a pc? It's not as easy as it sounds, and you'll have to pay for some teachercore powerdvd shit software that they approved to have access to the appropriate codecs, AND then you need to have HDCP compliant hardware or, again, it won't play back.

However, there are region free BD players, maybe you should invest in one if you see yourself regularly interested in non domestic releases.
>>
>>14216400
NO NO NO
THEY SHOULD ALL GO BANKRUPT PAYING AN INSANE AMOUNT OF MONEY ON LEGAL BATTLES JUST TO GET THE RIGHT TO PAY ANOTHER HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR THE SONG RIGHTS OR THE ENTIRE RELEASE IS WORTHLESS
>>
>>14216409
Seems to me with anime only America and Japan get all the stuff.

Crunchyroll is a joke in my country, and it is one of the wealthiest nations in Europe and by extension the world.

I really hate dividing the world up in regions. One world one market one price. Though I suppose that would fuck over poorer countries.
>>
>>14216444
>One world one market one price.
>one price
Not Japans price please. I couldn't handle 2-3 episodes per disc for like $70 apiece.
>>
>>14216444
>One world one market one price
I can't be bothered typing out the big long boring explanation for why this is dumb, but it's dumb.
One quick thing to remember is that higher prices in Europe are usually due to tax, but it's a small price to pay to not live in a crumbling shithole where everything is falling apart and a trip to hospital can ruin you financially for life.

Besides, our better pay pretty much makes up the difference anyway.
>working for tips
looooooooooooooooooool
>>
>>14216400
>And it being in the show actually makes the progression of it harder to follow
Do you legitimately have brain damage? It's somewhat episodic shenanigans like the rest of the early part of the show.
>>
>>14216444

> French Guiana being the only country for thousands of miles using Region B

Wait, are some of the tiny little Caribbean Island B too? Or am I just imagining some of them are green?
>>
>>14216480
There's some green there.
But that blue spot of the two right of Madagascar is fucked up.
>>
>>14216490

Hah, hadn't noticed that. It's Mauritius apparently. What the hell?
>>
>>14216409
All The Anime is gonna release it in UK + French subs.
>>
File: france-netherlands_land_border.png (134KB, 1523x1338px) Image search: [Google]
france-netherlands_land_border.png
134KB, 1523x1338px
>Wait, are some of the tiny little Caribbean Island B too? Or am I just imagining some of them are green?

France has shittons of overseas departments.
>>
>>14216480
There are a few old European possesions in the Caribbean. The French and Dutch Antilles for example.
>>
>>14216467
Oh yeah it is ultimately of no real consequence since most people have either been pirating anime over the Internet since the early 2000s or, for the real hardcore fans, just bought a region free DVD/BD player.

But it all just feels so antiquated dividing up the world like that.
>>
>>14216477
I didn't say the other shenanigans made the show make MORE sense.
I just said that Doans Island being removed didn't hurt, because it's one of the dumber, shittier zany unimportant episodes.
>>
>>14217665
>I just said that Doans Island being removed didn't hurt, because it's one of the dumber, shittier zany unimportant episodes.
I'd take zany over one of the many boring ass episodes spent on earth. MSG could've done with more "trimming" imo. Just erasing one especially bad/stupid episode simply wasn't good enough.
>>
>>14217687
However I'm just trying to argue that nobody should be spinning like a top in fury over the loss of Doan's island specifically. You feel me?
I agree some fluff could've been taken out, but what happened in the 70s is past now.
>>
>>14216590
But ZZ isn't going to be on Bluray like MSG and Zeta...
>>
>>14213009
Was he a character?

>>14213297
>>14213618
You two sound upset.

>>14215616
How about the good old days when you got 1 or 2 episodes on VHS and they were $30 each. $35 if it was the subbed version. And only dial up internet, so the only way to get stuff otherwise was to find actual fansubbers and to keep circulating the tapes.
>>
>>14220006
Okay, how do you explain the GM III? You can just say it happened to be built after the wars were over but that's just picking and choosing what elements are from canon and which are not.
>>
>>14220006
I don't want to remember the VHS days which is why mine (Sailor Moon, DBZ, Pokemon, Transformers, Turtles, etc.) are locked away in storage never again to see the light of day. Maybe.
>>
>>14220021
>but that's just picking and choosing what elements are from canon and which are not.
that's already what he does

you haven't seen him argue in the threads about ZZ, unicorn, MS igloo, and the battle of loum, have you?
>>
>>14220021
>RGM-86R GM III
>86
>Based on the designation of the original GM being RGM-79, you can conclude it was developed in UC 0079.
>This means the GM III was developed in UC 0086
>ZZ happened in UC 0088.
I don't see the problem here, it was developed in 0086, but just not deployed yet.
>>
>>14209559
was meant to be march bot its been moved to September
>>
>>14220044
But that's true at all if we go by the standard of proof you keep demanding.
TV timeline vs Movie timeline (In regards to ZZ and Unicorn, Unicorn's TV series only fits that more) and animation trumps written accounts (MS IGLOO) while the film versions are considered the definitive version.

>>14220043
Well at least ADV knew how to put together a good compilation trailer for their tapes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNOptWysmZc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VaVEhnaQYY

Only had to spend $780 to get Evangelion, both dubbed and subbed on VHS back in the day
>>
>>14220049
This

I shouldn't have to remind anyone that the primary EFF MS in 0093 was still the GM III and not the Jegan. They weren't building 150 suits a day anymore. The GM II was around in huge numbers because it was a modest upgrade on the RGM-79 frame itself and rebuilt from large numbers of surplus GMs. It makes sense it wouldn't really be around, it's a brand new machine.
>>
>>14220094
And to add to this, since people are going to be demanded an example for proof, the Jaburo defense forces were using fighters and mobile suits from the One Year War when the AEUG attacked it in UC 0087. (These included Tin Cod and Saberfish, along with GM Sniper Customs, GM Cannons, Gouf Flight Types, Zaku Tanks, and Guntank IIs.)
>>
>>14220086
you keep pointing to igloo being proof of something it doesn't state or even imply

remember how we made you admit that zeon fired on the colonies but you kept insisting that it was the feds fault because the commanderless remnants of the EFF fleet somehow systematically and orderly hid behind each and every colony cylinder at loum and zeon was forced to turn each one into dust just because? and somehow zeon is absolved of any complicit wrongdoing despite knowingly and willingly firing on the colonies as you say they did?
>>
>>14220086
Film is not considered the definitive version but I'll keep laughing every time you mention it. I don't know why you bother arguing what's canon and what's not anyway when timelines don't matter and are fluid.
>>
>>14220086
>while the film versions are considered the definitive version.
So the entire middle chunk of Turn A never happened because it's not in the films?
>>
>>14220175
>>14220177
>>14220180
Nice lying, but that's really all you can do. To refresh your memory and for the sake of making sure your people don't take what you said at face value. Loum was destroyed in a cross-fire between Federation and Zeon forces. MS IGLOO showed that the battle started away from Loum where the Federation fleet from Luna II flew by the colonies of Loum to engage the Zeon fleet and both fleets started fring at each other away from the colonies. Meanhing for Loum to have been destroyed in a cross fire, the Federation would have to have retreated to the colonies with the Zeon forces giving chase, which in turn caused the colonies to be destroyed. It's not that hard. Meanwhile you're the person who thinks that Origin, Thunderbolt and the Tomino UC can co-exist somehow while all you can do is quibble over the definition of a word ('Film' means 'movie'). And if that wasn't the case, why would Tomino go out of his way to connect A New Translation and Char's Counter Attack so cleanly? Or why have other movie versions like SEED taken precedent over the TV version? Has anything that happened after Turn-A made reference to those cut parts?
>>
>>14220220
Forgot my trip again.

A bit annoying I have to type it in every time I post, but better safe than sorry.
>>
>>14220220
for the last fucking time, you are drawing a theoretical extrapolation from stuff that wasn't shown in MS igloo and are somehow insisting that the absence of contrary evidence means it's canon

it's like saying amuro has to be born in canadian or mexican region of earth because although it's never stated, the hometown that white base travels to is along those regions

unless it's stated, it's not canon. not even igloo dares to imply such an event, all you are doing is filling in the blanks with your own desired order of events

you know, it's much more likely and simpler that the zeon fleet wiped out the feds and then attacked the federation aligned loum colonies rather than you needing to create some kind of dramatic running battle that insists on the feddy fleet that lost its commanding officers somehow ordering all of its surviving ships to hide behind colonies
>>
>>14220238
You might have a point, but yours is just conjecture that is disproven by MS IGLOO. How? Because Oliver himself notes that the colony drop operation was false information to get the Federation fleets hiding at Luna II to come out and face the Zeon Fleet. It was no where said that Loum itself was a target. Plus (to go into your world of conjecture) if they successfully repelled the Federation Forces, what would keep Zeon from using one of the colonies in Side 5 for a colony drop operation? There'd be nothing to stop them.

Regardless, it's a matter of combing information as best as possible where the film version (or in this case, jut animated) takes the priority. We can already assume what occurred in MS IGLOO is fact. It's now a matter of what occurred after what was scene in MS IGLOO based on the written accounts. (Unless there's an account of Loum that's part of the main movie timeline, and not Origin or Thunderbolt.) In that case, we know that Loum was destroyed in a cross fire between the Zeon and Federation forces. So how can you logically come to the conclusion of how the Side could be destroyed in a cross fire when the battle started away from the colonies? It can't be just Zeon destroying Side 5 because that's not what a cross fire is. So that can only mean the Federation forces moved to where the colonies were in firing range and the colonies were destroyed in the exchange of fire between Zeon and Federation ships. Unless you can prove otherwise that since your theory of Zeon destroying Loum by themselves doesn't hold weight.
>>
>>14220320
>How? Because Oliver himself notes that the colony drop operation was false information to get the Federation fleets hiding at Luna II to come out and face the Zeon Fleet.
not debating that part, a fleet battle was expected by and hoped for by both sides

>It was no where said that Loum itself was a target.
there's already precedent for loum being a target. zeon attacked and wiped out three other entire sides merely because they had fed garrisons and were a source of manpower for the federation. the continued existence of the federation-aligned loum has nothing positive to offer zeon as the EF can use it as a garrison or source of manpower. the fact that zeon would lure the federation to loum by pretending to hijack a colony cylinder from there to use for a second operation british already shows hostile intent toward loum, even if it was a bluff.

>Plus (to go into your world of conjecture) if they successfully repelled the Federation Forces, what would keep Zeon from using one of the colonies in Side 5 for a colony drop operation? There'd be nothing to stop them.
there was never anything stopping zeon from dropping any random asteroid or another colony, other than perhaps they were unprepared (the threat of hijacking a colony from loum was a ruse) or didn't have nuclear thrusters to attach to an object to hit earth with (either because it was a ruse or the nuclear thrusters that dozle ordered to be attached were destroyed in the battle)

>In that case, we know that Loum was destroyed in a cross fire between the Zeon and Federation forces.
no we don't, unless you have a source for that. the old sources (that you reject in favor of MS igloo's narrative) are the ones that claim that loum was destroyed in a crossfire, with stray nuclear warheads.
>>
>>14220354
Wrong, if that were the case. The Federation would have tried to deploy in conditions more favorable to them and not so close to one of their Sides, Zeon pushed their hand and forced them into the battle. If this were the case, Zeon could have easily send a task force to wipe out Side 5 along with 1, 2, and 4. If that were the case, but they didn't, and I doubt it was just to keep some colonies handy to drop on Earth since they already had control of the remains of Side 1, 2 and 4. Your assumption that this was a planned ploy to lure the Federation out and then destroy it is just that. Because it's a major contradiction to how Zeon was conducting the war where it was meant to be finished as soon as possible. Which is why they attempted to the colony drop to begin with. Keeping Side 5 around as a way to bait the remaining Federation fleets makes the assumption that the colony drop would fail. As for Zeon destroying the Federation fleet and then destroying Side 5. First, they would have destroyed Texas colony even if it had no military value because it might be converted in a rally point for the Federation forces and the damage to the mirrors wasn't comprehended. You also fail to take into account that Admiral Tianem's flagship, the Titan, was sunk specifically because it was covering retreating Federation Ships at the Battle of Loum. The key word there is 'retreat', which means they didn't fight to the last man and since the objective of Zeon was to force the Federation forces into a decisive conflict, it would be foolish to assume they would give chase when the Federation lines broke and they started to retreat. MS IGLOO doesn't show what happens after the Federation's lines break, so you can only use the information from the show and apply that to what was written. So unless we get a full recounting of Loum, it's only natural to look at the information that points to it being destroyed in a crossfire over your conjecture that Zeon destroyed it alone.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.