[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crossbone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: crossbone_gundam_cover.jpg (160KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
crossbone_gundam_cover.jpg
160KB, 970x546px
Should I read Gundam Crossbone?

Why do so many want it animated? Is it that good?

Is it just Gundam pirates?
>>
>>14209185
Pirates mostly
>>
File: EMS-TC-M01_Carmelo_.jpg (246KB, 704x1050px) Image search: [Google]
EMS-TC-M01_Carmelo_.jpg
246KB, 704x1050px
How do you want your mobile suit designs, pham?
>>
>>14209185
>Is it that good
No, not really.
I just want to see the based as fuck crossbone units animated and all the other retarded MS
plus late UC instead of rehashing the OYW
>>
File: Crossbone-beat you up.jpg (463KB, 728x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone-beat you up.jpg
463KB, 728x1388px
>Why do so many want it animated? Is it that good?
great action, fun characters and a simple plot. whats not to like?
>>
>>14209185
Pirates. Everyone wants Pirate gundams.
>>
>>14209551
>hurr durrhurr, herp derpherp durr hurr hurrhurr durr. derp hurr durr hurr?
>>
>>14209185
It really isn't that good, but it does fulfill a lot of things that Gundam fans have wanted in a series.
It doesn't take itself seriously, it's fast paced and action packed, it's late UC, it uses unconventional MS designs, it explores Jupiter, it's the sequel to F91, and it links to Victory.
>>
>>14209579
Hurr durp hurper

Derp
>>
>>14209551

I'd day that while the characters are fun, they aren't interesting, and while the plot is simple it isn't compelling. Neither of them are memorable. I read Crossbone and never felt compelled to read it's sequels. I also forgot large parts of it almost instantly, because I didn't find anything in it that really hooked me.
>>
>>14209442
>katoki redesigns.jpg
>>
>>14209613
who says all plots need to be compelling? its just a fun quick read. Crossbone was never intended to be some crazy earth shattering gundam series.
>>
>>14209684

Something doesn't need to be crazy or Earth shattering to have either an interesting cast or compelling plot. Crossbone had neither. It's fun in a popcorn flick way, but ultimately forgettable because it has nothing memorable. If that's all Hasegawa wants it to be, that's fine. It's just not my cup of tea.
>>
>>14209442
Katoki is such a talentless hack goddamn
>>
>>14209185
It's fun.
>Is it that good?
You may have your expectations set a bit high, so no it isn't. It is fairly good.
>>
File: what a guy.png (340KB, 718x620px) Image search: [Google]
what a guy.png
340KB, 718x620px
All memes aside I honestly did love Tobia, and he was the biggest draw of the series for me.
>>
File: 1460316093107.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460316093107.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
Why not read it and decide for yourself instead of aggregating /m/ opinions to fit in?
>>
Its okay.

Its a fun read. Too bad it will most likely never get animated, or Ghosts being translated.

They could easily make a 12 episode anime of Crossbone, maybe 24 if they add in Skullheart. Then a movie or 2-3 part OVA of Steel Seven.
>>
>>14211151
>Then a movie or 2-3 part OVA of Steel Seven
I'm curious on how they'd handle a S7 anime. we haven't had a "kill-em-all" gundam in a very long time. More than half the named cast dies in that
>>
>>14211295
They would do a OVA or a movie. Its just about long enough.

Make it well animated and there you go.
>>
Why did they make Cecily ugly?
>>
>>14211317
yeah but gundam has far evolved from its original tomino-esque death endings, just look at the last several gundam series. Hardly anyone dies in those.

I'm just thinking they'd change S7 heavily if made into an anime
>>
File: Bgundam-lineart.jpg (25KB, 358x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bgundam-lineart.jpg
25KB, 358x400px
>>14211295
I still wonder why he did that, the original has a really hopeful ending for essentially all the characters and Skull Heart is fucking ridiculous even by Tomino standards, I wish they just kept doing eccentric one shots about their adventures as pirates like that instead of killing them all to tie it into Victory or whatever that was about.
>>
>>14211341
Well I mean Ghosts does tie in with Victory a bit.

Maybe they did not want to have Jupiter being a huge threat still or something like that.
>>
>>14211336

> yeah but gundam has far evolved from its original tomino-esque death endings

So has Tomino. Even in interviews now, he laments the darker endings of things like Zeta.
>>
File: 7.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>14211341
>I still wonder why he did that
I didn't like that either, killing all those fun characters but I think it was because its "Gundam: Seven Samurai"
>>
>>14211353
yeah thats my point, would S7 be rewritten to compensate for this new look style of gundam if made into an anime?
>>
>>14211359
Nah I say keep it as is.
>>
>>14211323
This
>>
>>14211377
Steel Seven? they really need to add some characters to it imo. The Callisto's should have at least a named lacky or something.
>>
>>14211399
That is actually retarded. Not saying Steel 7 is perfect by any means but its fine as is. Why should you add more named lackys when they either play a really minor part or they just die.
>>
>>14211399
You forgot Giri was.
>>
>>14209730
>He thinks Katoki does the Crossbone designs.
>>
>>14211553
Giri wasn't a callisto lacky
>>14211490
Well they'd have to change some stuff not enough content
>>
>>14211617
Nigga you couldn't have missed the joke any harder
>>
>>14211718
>>14209626
This guy got the joke.

>>14209730
This guy didn't.

Well either that or he just decided to make a dumb non-sequitur comment, but either way it's a shit post.
>>
>>14211617
To be fair, he did do some of the designs in crossbone. And the joke of that post was that it has long legs.
>>
>>14211760
No katoki didn't he just touched up the gundam designs.
>>
>>14211715
For a movie or a 2-3 part OVA? Yeah that is plenty of content.
>>
>>14213111
the Steel seven a 2-3 part ova? they'd probably have to cut a bunch or really speed it up. its 6-ish volumes iirc.

but would anyone really want S7 animated? everyone dies and the suit designs would be hard to make into models. well or they're just Recolors. I mean they'd actually have to make a new F90 model and we know they don't want to do that
>>
its mostly because its the only gundam manga they know, there are others better, but its always forced.
>>
>>14213634
That's why it would be perfect to slice and chop into a short OVA. Nobody really wants a full series from it but it would be nice to get to Ghost and za Dusto.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.