[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things that don't deserve their own thread but are still /m/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

Post things in this thread that are /m/, but don't really deserve their own thread.

Why is "Elmeth no lala" translated as LaLas dilemma?
>>
File: argyle shift mecha.jpg (105KB, 640x964px) Image search: [Google]
argyle shift mecha.jpg
105KB, 640x964px
anyone know who designed this?
>>
>>14203761
Joke Answer: Better than it is better than Lalah's Hermès
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/エルメス

Probably Answer: it creates a more dramatic title than "Lalah's Elmeth".
>>
>>14203866
>Probably Answer: it creates a more dramatic title than "Lalah's Elmeth".
But it's Elmeth's Lalah, or better yet, Lalah of Elmeth. Not the other way around.
>>
File: 1459203829448.jpg (35KB, 415x503px) Image search: [Google]
1459203829448.jpg
35KB, 415x503px
>>14203892
LALAH OF ELMETH VS GUNDAM OF AMURO
>>
>>14203966
FIGHTER OF CORE VS ZAM OF BIG
>>
Did anyone else find Lalah's singing/chanting during battle really unnerving?
>>
>>14203788
Takayuki Yanase. I can tell it's his style
>>
>>14203972
GUNDAM OF GOD vs. GUNDAM OF EVIL
>>
>>14203996
Yes, and it was supposed to be that way.
>>
>>14203996
Imagine being an ordinary soldier
>Out on patrol
>Start hearing the "la, la"
>Suddenly my mate's vapourised before he could even react
>>
>>14203892
Japanese is actually pretty flexible about it's possessive tense, you can be really freeform about translating X no Y.
>>
>>14203996
It's funny to think that so much drama and misery is caused by Amuro meeting this girl for like 10 minutes, watching a bird die for some reason, then meeting her again when Char helps him out of a mud puddle.

She's practically Helen of Troy with how personal Amuro and Char took her death.
>>
>>14204425
I think you're wrong here mate
>>
>>14203761
A bizarre curiosity that I have from already some time, because of the fact of Icelina and Lalah sharing the same voice actress; If Garma was still alive in the series, no matter the how's and why's, until the point where Lalah is introduced, how you guys think would be the relation between the two characters?

Its a very uncommon scenary and doubt that someone even though on it, at all, but in one hand you have the "best friend" of the Red Comet, and in the other his trusted companion. Would Lalah be shocked if she had seen Char betraying someone who, she could sense, really trust him?
>>
>>14203892
Clearly you don't know how Japanese works. Lallah's elmeth is still acceptable.
>>
>>14205112
If you want to talk about Amuro's Gundam, you'll say アムロのガンダム. If you want to refer to Amuro, of "Gundam" fame, you'll say ガンダムのアムロ. Why is that so hard to understand?
>>
>>14205152
You're translating into actual english, not some weirdass Perfect English Representation Of Japanese.
>>
This probably doesn't need its own thread before someone makes an encode but Dangaiou BD is on AB. Looks pretty good apart from the third episode which is an upscale.
>>
>>14205152

So then what's ガンダムのパイロットMr. Smartass? Gundam pilot or pilot of the Gundam? Oh wait, it can be both considering the context of the situation it's in.
>>
>>14204541
That's actually a fair point.
Do you guys think Char ever told Lala about Garmas betrayl?
>>
>>14205525
Gundams pilot.
Which in english means the same thing as pilot of the gundam.
However, Elmeths Lala doesn't mean the same as Lalas Elmeth.
>>
>>14205525
You're just proving my point, "Mr. Smartass". It does not, and can not mean Gundam of the Pilot.
>>
>>14204439
>how personal Amuro and Char took her death.
For Char it was pretty personal
For Amuro it was like "I just want to sleep well at nights"
>>
File: Gundamep40h.jpg (87KB, 890x668px) Image search: [Google]
Gundamep40h.jpg
87KB, 890x668px
>>14205557
If Char would like to let her know, he would need no words for it.
I think that Lalah would criticise Char for betraying Garma and remind him about that event every time they would argue with each other.
>>
>>14204422
I used to have nightmares as a kid, where the monster coming out would be preceded by a distinct sound or chant. That's what the Elmeth made me think of.
>>
>>14205577
I'm sorry, Gundam Wing would like to disagree with you as they used "Gundam pilot" for ガンダムのパイロット

Point is, Lalah's Elmeth is perfectly acceptable translation of the title. Just drop it already and quit trying to make a bigger deal out of something you think is wrong when, uh oh: a professional translator went with it. Womp womp
>>
>>14205749
Yes, Gundam Pilot means the same thing as Pilots gundam. EIther way it indicates that there is a pilot of the gundam.

Lalahs Elmeth does NOT mean the same thing as Elmeths Lalah. That being said, it really doesn't matter all that much. I'm just an autist who likes an autistic argument.
>>
>>14205707
SHA SHA SHA
>>
>>14203761
Because localisers do not give a fuck, full stop.
>>
I would personally translate it as "Lalah in the Elmeth." It's not what it means literally, but it conveys about the same idea.
>>
Did Yas ever said why had he decided to give Lalah pupilless eyes?
>>
>>14207075
Gives that nice ethereal/spiritual look. Something special, in a way.
>>
What would Char and Lalah do if she have survived to the time of a peace treaty?
>>14207094
Probably.
>>
>>14203761
Sunrise gave a bunch of alternate translations to Bandai Ent for the episode names when they dubbed 0079. There are quite a few of them that don't match up to the Japanese titles. It is a bit similar to how 0083 has alternate English episode titles on the LD(?) covers, although I'm pretty sure the US release uses translations of the Japanese titles rather than those alternate ones.
>>
>>14207110
Char probably wouldn't have hooked up with Axis and instead spent the time traveling with Lalah instead. He and Amuro might've buried the hatchet permanently since Lalah's death would've never happened, and he might've learned how to empathize with other people instead of just pretend to.

Though this means he might've not taken up the mantle of Quattro to fight the Titans. Who knows, maybe Amuro would've taken his place instead. Or Kamille would just be imprisoned upon jacking the MkII with nowhere else to run to.
>>
>>14204450
No, it can be inverted but it VERY RARELY comes out well since it does go against convention.

>>14207160
Correct answer. Japan is allowed to dictate how episode titles are translated, and customers are stuck with that if it's not literal.
>>
kamen rider
>>
>>14207175
Char had no skills to live a life of a civilian (he said something like that in Zeta) and Lalah has (probably) unfinished school education. Maybe Char would be able to make money on writing memoirs.
He would drag a lot of attention from mass-media, local politicians and feddies. They wouldn't let him live a peaceful life. He and Lalah would be interrogated during the investigation of Flanagan Institute actions.
By settling out of Axis he would lost his influence on the Zeon remnants.
So, I suppose that he still would run for Axis. Maybe he would have enough guts and ambition to be a leader Axis wanted.
>>
>>14203996
I really like it.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.