[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Idea for Super Sentai/Power Rangers season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 10

File: Power Rangers Toys.jpg (382KB, 1024x786px) Image search: [Google]
Power Rangers Toys.jpg
382KB, 1024x786px
I had an idea. What if Super Sentai/Power Rangers went the meta route and actually made a season where the theme was toys?
Can I get some thoughts on this?
>>
File: rangerkeys.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
rangerkeys.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
They already did.
>>
>>14203730
>>14204078
I always had the idea of Element Sentai, no other themes just elements

Red - Fire
Blue (female) - Water/Ice
Yellow - Lightening
Green - Earth/Leaf
White - Wind
6th Black - Space

The gimmick would be they can mix and match their elemental attacks like Green and Red mix to do a lava attack.
>>
>>14204430
That's an awesome idea which most Sentai fail to do. What would the mecha be?
>>
Take the autism back to Rangerboard. Your idea is stupid.
>>
>>14204545
It's just an idea, and I was told Toku was allowed here.
>>
>>14204551
it is. that guy is just a dick. chase your bliss.
>>
>>14204551
Yeah, but stupid isn't.
>>
>>14204555
t-.-t
>>
File: shinken.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shinken.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>>14204430
?
>>
>>14204571
That was samurai themed too. They mean purely based on the elements. Nothing else added.
>>
A bunch of anons in /ssg/ did a gun based sentai.
The rangers were just a team of gun-toting badasses.
>>
>>14203730
I had this idea for a cryptid/kaiju sentai, even down to the name, which was Kakujuu Sentai Kibanger

Red-Hibagon/Bigfoot
Blue-Sea serpent
Yellow(female)-Thunderbird
Black-Ahool
Green-Mokele Mbembe
6th White-Alien/Ancient Astronaut

The gimmick are coin-like discs, main robo is of the first three zords, has a combination sequence similar to Gaogaigar, the secondary uses a scythe and can create tornadoes, the sixth's has a vehicle mode similar in design to the Anksha or Asshimar, final mecha is a Serpentera-sized mechanical dragon with a samurai-based robot mode inspired by Goldran
>>
They are training to be rangers,they go to an academy and fight humans too,not just aliens,demons,etc..
>>
>>14204658
What's the motif?
>>
Cowboy Sentai Cowboy Ranger

Bronco Red
Buffalo Blue
Scorpion Yellow
Eagle White
Condor Black

Sasquatch Silver

Robots are trains with animal heads.
Main villain is a gang of outlaws.
>>
Nebula Sentai Spacebreak

Heroes get their power from a small nebula inside their morphers, they press down and inject the nebula gas into their blood, allowing them to transform

Red
Blue
Green
White
Orange

The 6th uses the Gold Nebula, however as that is so powerful and he is inexperienced it blows up and reduces to a Bronze Nebula. Over the course of the series he goes from Bronze>Silver>Gold increasing in power each phase.
>>
I still think a sentai team based on a typical D&D/RPG party would be neat.

Red - Fighter
Blue - Wizard
Green - Ranger
White - Cleric
Black - Rogue
Gold - Paladin

Main villain would be a lich/necromancer and the minions would be orcs or goblins.
>>
>>14204430
Oh hey, you could call it "Genso Sentai Renkinger". Which translates to "Element Squadron Alchemy Rangers".
>>
>>14204866
Might be too complex to have the typical RPG job types.

They haven't done actual knights theme yet right?

All knights, Robo can be a castle like Kakuranger.

Rangers can be different based on weapons like long sword, axe, crossbow and be the helmet design.

Enemies can be the typical ones for that.
>>
>>14204881
Well in theory it would be possible to work an RP job system season.
Fighter fights with a sword and is a head on fighter.
Wizard gets a wand that can shoot fire and prefers to use powerful spells during fights.
Ranger uses a bow and prefers long range fighting.
Cleric has a staff and is the support member, typically healing and buffing party members.
Rogue's choice is a knife and they're an agile assassin-like fighter with stealth skills.
Paladin's weapon is a hammer and he's a jack of all trades.
>>
>>14204679
so basically they shoot up
>>
>>14204943
Go! Go! Druggie Rangers!
>>
>>14204948
mighty morphine
>>
>>14204430
Please no, elements are already overused by fiction.
>>
>>14204957
Mighty Morphine Power Rangers (MMPR)
Power Rangers Zoloft (Zeo)
Power Rangers Speed (Turbo)
Power Rangers On Crack (In Space)

The joke sort of runs out when you reach Lost Galaxy though...
>>
>>14204997
losing your stash is nothing to joke about
>>
>>14205092
OMG...
>>
Cooking Sentai Kitchenger!

Red-Power of meat. Think Gordon Ramsey with a giant robot.
Blue-always has the perfect drink or mix to enhance every battle.
Green-power of salad.
Yellow-the condiment king who compliments everyone else.
Pink-is a waitress.

The villains are fast food themed.

The Colonel-the mysterious, mustachioed menace who wants to impose his cooking style across the universe.
Old McDonald-A farmer who uses genetically modified animal themed monsters. Also clowns.
Wendy-is a ginger.
>>
>>14205158
What about the 6th ranger?
>>
>>14205162

He's a restaurant critic. Initially hostile to both sides for their sub-par skills, he later joins Kitchenger when he sees their passion to change and embrace all cooking styles for everyone to enjoy.
>>
>>14204866
>>14204881
>>14204926
well here's an idea I had for a Fantasy Sentai;

>I had an idea ages ago for a D&D Fantasy based Sentai, but unfortunately I don't have a copy of said idea on hand, and it appears to have been inside of a period that Desustorage currently doesn't cover, although I think I can remember a couple details like such;

>core team is composed as such(this part I remember pretty clearly, Red getting extra stuff is new though);

>Red Fighter(later unlocks two extra forms, >Crimson Knight, and Scarlet Sword-Mage)
>Blue Wizard
>Yellow Thief
>Pink Cleric
>Green Barbarian

>and the following Extra Members(this was at least two or three years before Kyoryuger, so the idea of a very large team was still pretty unique, also I think I added a couple extra from when I first thought this up, the last one is certainly new);

>White Paladin
>Cyan Druid
>Orange Ranger(might need to change the name for this one)
>Violet Bard
>Navy Illusionist
>Grey Monk
>Gold Warlock
>Silver Sorcerer
>Black Assassin/Ninja(starts off as an enemy in Assassin form, eventually is purified and joins the team as Ninja)
>Magenta Psion(Mentor character's Ranger form, incredibly powerful, but also incredibly unstable)

>still need to try and remember what I was going for in regards towards their mecha, and the antagonists though(the bad guys are probably led by an expy of Tiamat though, with expies of other notable D&D villains as her lieutenants)

>>14205158
so would the mentor figure be Chairman Kaga?

also anyone else remember Gunranger?
>>
>>14205165
Nice.
>>
>>14205170
That sounds great!
What do you think of Fantasy Sentai Yakuger?
>>
>>14204430
literally magi
>>
>>14205186
>Yakuger
translation please
>>
>>14205260
"Yaku" means "role".
>>
>>14205274
For a moment I thought you were talking about yakuza...

Yaku is used for acting roles.

For RPG talk, you want Shoku 職.
>>
>>14205290
Oh. I didn't know that. Alright.
>>
>>14205290
So, Fantasy Sentai Shokuger.
>>
>>14204580
How you gonna sell toys about that?
>>
I want a gladiator themed sentai.
>Red Provocator
>Black Eques
>Blue Thraex
>Yellow Murmillo
>Green Retiarius
>>
SUPER SENTAI, CHIMP RANGERS

>Red Ranger= Chimp
>Blue Ranger = Chimp
>Green Ranger = Chimp
>Yellow Ranger = Chimp
>Pink Ranger = Chimp
>White Ranger = Chimp
>Mechs are Chimps that combine to form bigger chimps.
>It's a chimp in cardboard box armor.
>The monsters are chimps dressed up.
>The grunts are chimps
>The mentor's a chimp in a fu man chu beard
>the villains are chimps in leather suits.

>Mech vs Giant Monster? Cut to the cock pit with the chimps spazzing out, slapping shit and jumping up and down
>>
>>14205818
I'm honestly surprised you didn't make a 'Black Ranger = Chimp' joke.
>>
>>14205837
The Black Ranger is actually a cute Japanese girl zoo keeper who takes care of the chimps at a zoo.
It all takes place in a zoo.
>>
>>14205818
>chimps open the robot's faceplate and start hurling their shit at the monster
>>
Sensei Sentai Schoolranger
Language Teacher
Maths teacher
Science teacher
PE teacher
Social studies teacher
>>
>>14205845
>The chimps freak the fuck out in the cock pit when sparks and squibs go off
>cut to the monster and chimp-bot fighting
>they just do back flips and clap.
>>
>>14205848
Wouldn't that just be Fiveman?
>>
>>14205855
Eh, won't be the first time they repeat themes if they were to do it again
>>
>>14205870
How many dino themes have we had?
>>
>>14205891

Three full teams (with one big enough to make two teams), and a few mechs for other teams.
>>
>>14205891
I don't count Zyuranger. It only had three dinosaurs.
>>
Have they already done card based sentai? Like playing cards or tarot cards.
>>
>>14205911
There's only been one, which was JakQ back in 1977

Not sure what the name woudl be, but the team would go

>Red Spade
>Blue Club
>Green Diamond
>Yellow Star
>Pink Heart

>Red is king
>Blue is jack
>Green is knight
>Yellow is princess
>Pink is queen
>Sixth is also red, uses the suit of crosses and is joker themed
>>
>>14205939

And Goseiger.
>>
File: Zyuohger.jpg (290KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Zyuohger.jpg
290KB, 640x360px
So here's an idea, Evolution Sentai: Liverangers.
Another animal themed team, but instead of each ranger being based on one specific animal, they're each based on different branches of the animal kingdom and they get their powers from the literal tree of life containing the power of every living organism that has ever existed on earth. Think Zyuohger meets Kamen Rider OOO. Each ranger can switch between two animal forms like in Zyuohger, but they must be based animals of the same branch, so no going from eagle to gorilla or whale.

Main team
Red ranger: Birds (Condor/Peacock)
Blue ranger: Fish (Swordfish/Barracuda)
Yellow ranger: Reptiles (Turtle/Snake)
Green ranger: Insects (Mantis/Grasshopper)
Pink ranger: Primates (Baboon/Gorilla)
6th Orange ranger: Dinosaurs (Carnotaurus/Styracosaurus/Dakotaraptor)

Additional Rangers
Silver ranger: Canines (Wolf/Cayote)
Gold ranger: Cats (Leopard/Panther)
Black/White ranger: Bears (Black Bear/Polar Bear/Panda)
Purple Ranger: Amphibians (Toad/Salamander)

Mechs would be amalgamations of the animals each ranger changes into with the sixth having 3 separate dino mechs. An upgrade later on could give the main team the ability to change into ancient animals from their respective kingdoms, with new mechs included.
Red: Archaeopteryx
Blue: Megaladon
Yellow: Deinosuchas
Green: Meganeura (giant dragonfly)
Pink: Gigantopithecus
>>
Movie Sentai Blaxenger!

Red-Shaft
Blue-Boss
Green-Dolemite
Pink-Sparkle
Yellow-Cleopatra

Enemies:

Blacula
Blackenstein

All funky. All the time.
>>
>>14205818
Someone beat you to the punch, brub
>>
>>14206052
Not exactly that, but Shaolin Dolomite may be relevant to your interests. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=esYlGCkUw9s
>>
>>14205946
Eeeh, Goseiger used cards as a gimmick, not as the actual design motif and theme of the team
>>
>>14206121
What about The Last Dragon?
>>
File: 29_Nov_2014_15_55_05_personajes.jpg (35KB, 565x318px) Image search: [Google]
29_Nov_2014_15_55_05_personajes.jpg
35KB, 565x318px
GUYS

Chido
Sentai
Chespiranger

Red Chapulín
Blue Chapatín
Yellow Chaparrón
Green Chavo
Black Chompiras

Their robot has a barrel body with Chipote and comb arms and ambulance/police van legs
>>
>>14206121

oh my god

this is the best thing ever
>>
>>14206136
Yeah the Shogun of Harlem: Sho'nuff should be on the villain list.
>>
>>14206167

Man I was pulling out of my ass. I wasn't expecting a test or some shit I just wanted nip blaxploitation robots.
>>
>>14206107
>monkeys
>chimps
>>
File: 1450323531086.png (738KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450323531086.png
738KB, 1280x720px
>>14206175
Yeah it's cool.

Pentagon jr should be Ninja Taskforce CeroMiedoger
>>
I've been waiting for the year they decide to take the Patlabor approach to Sentai. The group is just one arm of a massive government agency and takes care of a small town that's become home to some burgeoning new organization. It'd have that feel of comfy underscored with unease that early Heisei Rider excelled at.
>>
>>14206412
This.
Just this.
Only this.
>>
Posted this once before.

Flight Plan Sentai Risinger
>Rising Red - CIA
>Rising Blue - Smee
>Rising Yellow - Maimen
>Rising Green - Buttonly
>Rising Black - Juan O'Few
6th
>Rising Fire - Dr. Pavelier
>allies like Ninjaman, Zuuban, etc - Sir
>>
I don't remember what train of thought led me to come up with this

JFA Sentai Socceranger

Honda Red
Okazaki Blue
Kagawa Yellow
Hasebe Black
Yoshida Pink
>>
File: kp.jpg (8KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
kp.jpg
8KB, 195x259px
>>14205818
Turns out, little monkey sentai
>>
Genreger-group of teens accidentally discover that tv has always been part of an alien conspiracy to subtly change humanity into monster soldiers.

Red-Action
Blue-Drama
Green-Documentary
Pink-Horror
Yellow-Comedy
Black-Romance
>>
>>14204580
its hard to sell toys with formless objects.

thats why they had like chess pieces or cubes transformed to animals, humanoids or cars.
>>
>>14203730

>Honoo Sentai Rescueman

>THEMES: A sense of duty and dealing with alienation

>First Episode Synopsis

After being put on administrative leave from the Ellicott City, MD Fire Department for "doing his job" (read: risking his life to save a child from a burning building after being told to let anyone still in there burn), Edmund Baxter is given just enough cash to fly him to Japan, along with a mysterious box that contains a "gift" for a "friend" (spoiler: the gift is the red ranger morpher and he's the friend) and is to stay with him at all times.

Crashing at an old college roommate's condo while in Japan, he's out getting groceries when suddenly the store is waylaid by a monster! Quickly overcoming his initial fear, he valiantly tries to fend the monster off because, regardless of where he is, a firefighter's job is to save lives!

Then the Ranger Candidates from the World Rescue Organization show up and attempt to morph, only to find out that their morphers won't work despite their best efforts. Regardless, they try their best to fight the monster, but it's looking more and more like a lost cause.

Then the box Edmund is holding begins to glow...

>Ranger Motifs

Red: Firefighter (Rescue 1)/M(ale)
Blue: Police (Rescue 2)/M
Yellow: Mountain Rescue Unit (Rescue 3)/F(emale)
Green: Japanese equivalent of the Coast Guard (Rescue 4)/M
Pink: EMT (Rescue 5)/F
Sixth Ranger: Knight/Paladin (Rescue Crusade)/F Red's younger sister who's worried sick about him and just wants him to come back to the US

>Ranger Zords

Red: Fire Engine (FireRescue)
Blue: Police Interceptor (HunterRescue)
Yellow: Dump Truck (HaulerRescue)
Green: VTOL (AeroRescue)
Pink: Ambulance (SirenRescue)
Sixth Ranger: Dragon-themed Shinkansen (Shin Ryu Crusader)

How autistic does it sound so far?
>>
>>14208136
They already had GogoV for this.
>>
Super Botanic Force KonoGer
Red Atumn
Yellow Summer
Pink Spring
Grey Winter
Evergreen

They use the forces of the trees to fight against evil forces of pollution!!!
>>
The evil forces of Dai-Shocker have found a world where superheroes exist only in fiction. A world where its safe for them to rest, plan and build their armies. As part of their plans, they attain political and financial power, keeping the obvious evil under wraps while promoting more mundane evils.

After fostering all-too human evils, like terrorism, racial and economic divides, the time has come for them to step up their plans. They promise safety and security to anyone who can afford it with their cyborgs and weapons. Their shining triumph is the Rider Sentai, Kamenger! A perversion of the heroes that successfully repelled Shocker across the worlds, they are every bit the corporate yes-men a Rider isn't.

Dispatched to prevent attacks Shocker orcestrates, the Kamengers truly believe that they're working for the good guys and love being superheroes. Led by Red Scarf, they brutally defend Shocker from conspiracy theorists, terror attacks and defend the little people from muggers, bank robbers and so on.

Events eventually eventuate, and the team realises that Shocker may not be all it's cut out to be. Now, inspired by the superhero stories from their childhood, the Kamengers must fight back in a world that is entirely under Shocker's control.
>>
>>14208169

Original Rescueman poster here. Be glad you haven't gone down this rabbit hole, friend.

For it is too late for me. I've already begun to succumb to multiple plot ideas.
>>
THIS THREAD GOT 80 REPLIES AND ONLY ONE OF THEM MENTIONS GOKAIGER ALREADY DID IT.

This is a record-breaker on autism. Congratulations /m/
>>
File: Bristol_stool_chart.jpg (367KB, 800x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Bristol_stool_chart.jpg
367KB, 800x1002px
I have a great idea for a sentai theme
>>
>>14209808
he means toys as a central motif and theme. not the gimmick.
>>
>>14206412
>>14206420

So Akibaranger from the opposite direction? Could be neat.
>>
>>14209808
You fucking faggot.
>>
File: 06433664.jpg (42KB, 526x358px) Image search: [Google]
06433664.jpg
42KB, 526x358px
This. Make one about this.
>>
I've always had the idea of a Power Rangers Dental Force as a kid, inspired by those multicolored toothpastes apparently.
The Rangers, who have their base in a toothpaste roll, have to defend the city in someon's mouth from the evil cavity and bacteria monsters
Their weapons include Tooothbrushes (those with a gum spike), Floss lasso, Dentist drills and toothpaste roll guns, against the monsters who often have drills and acid.
>>
>>14215967
Interesting idea, but I'll pass on watching. I'm fucking terrified of the dentist.
>>
>>14206412
>The group is just one arm of a massive government agency and takes care of a small town
Like SPD meets Lightspeed Rescue?
>>
Kaiju Sentai Ultraman

Ultra Red
Gomess Blue
Bemstar Green
Antlar Black
Eleking Yellow

They use Beta capsules to transform.

6th- Silver Seven

The kaiju are all mecha that combine around the Ultram like Gridman.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.