[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain the plot of RahXephon to me /m/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: Rahcellphone.jpg (198KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rahcellphone.jpg
198KB, 1600x600px
Explain the plot of RahXephon to me /m/.
>>
>>14202913
Same as Evangelion really.
>>
There was rape in it i guess
>>
A dumb kid fights aliens from another dimension as part of the backdrop for discovering who he actually is and who the people around him are. There's a government conspiracy (I think?) and something about clones, but none of it is given much explanation and overall it makes very little sense. At the end, there's people ascending to a higher plane of existence and screaming rainbow coloured visible soundwaves until the world becomes harmonious (read: how the dumb kid wants it to look). Afterwards, fans of christmas cakes rejoiced, only to leave mildly disappointed that their favorite character ended the series being the same age as the dumb kid. And then the theme song plays, and it's all in English, except when it isn't.

So in other words, >>14202920
is pretty much on the money
>>
>>14203103
That doesn't sound anything like Evangelion
>>
>>14203140
Half of what he said is practically Evangelion. The only difference is that kurisumasu cake wins.
>>
>>14202913
So I will try my best OP.

Teen is in a city where there are things attacking.

Teen thinks that they destroyed the world outside of the city.

Shit happens Teen gets into robot

SURPRISE World is fine. City got covered by a sphere by aliens(?)

Robot has god's voice (kinda)

Teen fights aliens

Shit happens

Teen has been in sphere for a long ass time and time was stopped.

Revealed that woman in the far left was his girlfriend or something?

2nd girl gets a huge alien robot and fights teen's robot.

God's voice vs God's voice resets the world to where none of the alien shit happened and the world is fine.

Oh yeah something about a weird ass scientist or something fucking or raped this one woman or something.

I just saw this series this year but its all a haze now. It was weird as fuck.
>>
>>14203173
>A dumb kid fights aliens
Shinji isn't dumb. He is many things, but they're mostly related to emotional and social issues.
>from another dimension as part of the backdrop for discovering who he actually is and who the people around him are.
They aren't from another dimension.
>There's a government conspiracy (I think?) and something about clones, but none of it is given much explanation and overall it makes very little sense.
It wasn't given a ton of explanation but it made as much sense as it needed to for the story to go on. No plot holes made by "well how much power did SEELE have over Japanese gov't" or "how are the Rei clones made". Everything that is needed is explained. And does it have a conspiracy or doesn't it? Pay attention.
>At the end, there's people ascending to a higher plane of existence and
Debatable, I'd hardly call it a "higher" plane but that's starting to split hairs.
> screaming rainbow coloured visible soundwaves until the world becomes harmonious (read: how the dumb kid wants it to look).
It was how humans really wanted to be deep down. For everyone who wanted to escape the pain of being alone. Shinji was actually the first to realize that he didn't want to lose himself just to stop the pain so he willed himself out of the combined human consciousness and formed himself, physically and mentally.
>Afterwards, fans of christmas cakes rejoiced, only to leave mildly disappointed that their favorite character ended the series being the same age as the dumb kid.
Doesn't apply to Eva.
>And then the theme song plays, and it's all in English, except when it isn't.
Eva songs either are or aren't.

Not really. The best you could do would be "Kid seeks self-actualization while fighting aliens, in the end the human race changes form to unite spiritually."
>>
Every single character is directly related to the main character except elvy
>>
It had that one fantastic sequence with the fight and the journal. I don't remember the name of either character or the city it took place in but that entire sequence was amazing.
>>
>>14202920
Except it was better and wasn't some stupid waifu show with deep message thrown in its last act.

>>14203219
>but they're mostly related to emotional and social issues
Deep, man.
>>
>>14202913
>>14202920
A cake win the MCbowl. hard to happen in any show.
>>
>>14202913
Mulian world and Earth are overlapping and will eventually destroy each other.

Renegade Barbem made the Xephon System which consists of Rahxephon and Belxephon which can rewrite the two worlds into one (or, according to side materials, just restore them to two separate worlds).The system activates through a ritual in which the two fight, and the winner's Orin (pilot) decides what the resulting world will be like subconsciously. This is the tuning.

Ayato is Rahxephon's Orin, while Kuon (his biological mother) is Belxephon's.

Yolotheotl is the state of the Orin becoming worthy of the Xephon and enabling it to participate in the ritual. The Ishtori are manifestations of the Xephons' will (never seen in the show, but Belxephon/Kuon's Ishtori takes on Ayato's form).

The whole show is basically people trying to influence Ayato and Kuon so that the tuning will benefit them more. Ayato was kidnapped because if left the way he was at the beginning of the series, his winning would have had him create a world completely beneficial to the Mulians, and since he was unaware of the outside world, it might have erased everything except Mu entirely.
>>
>>14204467
Missed a word there
>Renegade Mulian

Barbem was just a genius mad scientist, he wasn't trying to save the world(s), he just wanted to see his creations remake everything.

Also people claiming Rahxephon can rewrite reality are retards who didn't watch the show, it can only do so only when fulfilling the conditions which took Barbem thousands of years to get right, and even then nobody really has any control over any of it; It creates an ideal world according to the Orin's subconscious.
>>
>>14203928
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kREU_bHn78
>>
The people that created Raideen are the bad guys
>>
Imagine evangelion but shinji was an alpha and everyone was trying to root him
>>
Eva + Reideen.
>>
>>14204467
>Kuon (his biological mother)
Wasn't she his cloned twin sister.
>>
>>14202913
I'll try:

A zillion years ago an advanced civilization effed up and got torn from reality.

The scientist who was sorta responsible & a few others made it tho & started planning how to get their lost continent back. It was hard tho, & the main tech they need will take millennia to build (Lost civilization could manipulate time and that's how they made their cool crap. Lost-civilization-scientist & pals got some tech, so they can live long, but not enough to not wait).

In the meantime, humanity thrived & got stronk.

Lost-civilization-scientist starts resenting humanity because how dare they rule earth. His partners-in-not-yet-a-crime start going "wew lad, chill". Lost-civilization-scientist is having none of it, but bides his time.

One day, lost-civilization-scientist decides it's time to rewrite reality so that his lost civilization was never lost and also he becomes king now because screw the other guys. Lost-civilization-scientist calls forth the RahXephon, which is about to finish hatching. Now he can re-take earth!

But uh oh! Something has happened! Lost-civilization is not all super into retaking earth! Also, in the other dimension they have evolved slightly differently, so they manifest weird monstrosities when they arrive in earth!

Tokyo gets swallowed by an egg. This lets ppl from other dimension be alright. It also slows down time for people inside. This buys time for Lost-civilization-scientist who is now kinda pissed.

Outside, interdimensional war happens. Humans don't know any better so they assume everything is aliens.

Angsty Kid gets the RahXephon because not everyone is on board with Lost-civilization-scientist plan.

War happens harder now. Angsty kid gets laid and is not so Angsty anymore. Not-Angsty kid rewrites reality with the RahXephon and saves the world.

iirc.

Of course, none of this is directly explained in-series, just alluded to. I tried to do this from memory tho, so if I forgot something pls no bully.
>>
>>14204467
Welp, I >>14205633
got a lot wrong lol

But yeah what he said: Crazy interdimensional war where agsty kid not being angsty anymore is actually really important.

In other words, "Misato should really just have fucked Shinji: The series".
>>
>>14205633
>effed up
>>
>>14205650
More like "Misato and Shinji were once in school together and wanted to fuck: The series"

Plot: It actually happens and they make a baby Rei.
>>
>>14205369
>Eva with Reideen's name slapped on it just to make it less obvious.
ftfy
>>
>>14206359
>Raideen with Eva's name slapped on to it just to make it less obvious.
Ftfy
>>
>>14206381
>RahXephon
>Modern Raideen
Pick one and only one
>>
>>14206401
It's both, and you being stupid don't change that
>>
>>14206433
>It's both
hahahahahahaha

>you being stupid don't change that
>says the rahxefag
oh the irony
>>
I don't get it entirely but I somehow have a better understanding of SRW MX's plot which blends both Rahxephon and Eva into one
> There are too many fanfics, doujinshi, spin-offs. The multiverse is bloated and collapsing upon itself.
>Nerv intends to use a whiny kid to save the universe
>Babel intends to use a whiny kid to save the universe, it's similar but different
>Raideen/Akiras say "fuck no, this is how you do it, kouhai-tachis"
>And the world is saved by SRW's Officially Licensed Fan fiction powers.
>>
>>14206839
Hahaha oh wow.

Yet another thread plebe'd up by the clinical retardation of an SRWfag.

Fucking kek. You morons never cease to amaze.
>>
A boy falls in love with a girl.
>>
>>14206752
>>14206880
This show is not worth shitposting about it anon.
>>
>>14206949
RahXephags do make it worth it though.
>>
>>14206998
>RahXefags
Quick to anger.
Hate NGE
Muh Reideen
Muh nothing like Eva
Muh cake
Muh feathers

I like the show, but damn the spergs it attracts are hilarious.
>>
>>14206998
Why do you care about a wannabe deep semi below average mecha anime whose fans seem few and far between?
>>
>>14207071
Because they provide more entertainment than the show itself, in a far shorter time
>>
>>14207076
Why bother though?
>>
>>14207087
It's easy entertainment
>>
File: my face when.jpg (69KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
my face when.jpg
69KB, 800x451px
>>14207066
>the spergs it attracts are hilarious
Sounds like Eva.
>>
>>14207801
Nah they're even more hilarious since they don't defend RahXephon just because they like it, they defend it believing it isn't an Eva clone but an actual modern Reideen.
>>
>>14204322
>and wasn't some stupid waifu show with deep message thrown in its last act.
You're right, it was a stupid waifu show with no message thrown in its last act.
>>
>>14207956
That's stupid, it totally had a message.

The message was "Misato should have won the Shinjibowl"
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.