[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Runaway Ideon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 16

File: 11758.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
11758.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
Gotta say, I really enjoy Ideon. It's a personal favorite of mine.
>>
SOMEBODY LIKES SOMETHING

QUICK

BRING IN THE SHITPOSTS
>>
File: gangalubu.jpg (56KB, 302x425px) Image search: [Google]
gangalubu.jpg
56KB, 302x425px
What did you like about it, OP?

Me personally, I liked how one of the series' signature designs is a freaking tripod. You don't see a lot of those outside War of the Worlds.
>>
I still haven't watched it yet because I'm waiting for the BDs. They're not just lifting the Shin Getter subs for those, are they? After watching their subs for L-Gaim and seeing how incomprehensible it was in places, I'm considering them only a small step above crabsticks
>>
>>14187054
No, it's resubbing.
>>
File: 1448681733759.png (73KB, 255x192px) Image search: [Google]
1448681733759.png
73KB, 255x192px
>>14186990
I enjoy it too anon. I especially love to be invoked. Its one of my favorite anime movies.
>>
>>14186990
I'm at ep.4, and even if it's slow I enjoy it greatly, and Ideon's design is awesome. However, it feels like I've signed in for some serious SUFFERING.
>>
>>14187031
The Buff robots were so cool. And the way they kept bringing in new stuff and commanders actually felt like real escalation rather than just a series of gimmicks.

>>14187054
I thought that the Shin Getter subs were all right. In a few spots they get weird but you can still see what they're getting at no problem.
>>
>>14188093
There's a few lines left in there that are flat out wrong but you should be able to catch them with a cursory knowledge of moonspeak.

The new subs fix all of that as far as I've seen.
>>
Cosmo is such a cheeky cunt all the time, but perceptive. He isn't too dumb or immature for the sake of it so he could be smart at the end and have character development.
>>
The TV series is a bit of a mixed bag. When it's good, it's really compelling stuff. But a lot of times, it's kind of boring. Amazing soundtrack though.

Be Invoked is amazing though. Probably one of the best animated movies I've ever seen. 10/10 masterpiece.

But I don't think I could ever watch it ever again. It's too emotional taxing.
>>
File: life.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
life.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>>14189328
Too many episodes of the TV series were wasted on practially nothing. Makes me wish some of the minor character, namely Hatari, Techno and Bento etc. would've had their own episodes. The closest we got was that Moera episode, but it felt out of nowhere and forced.
Also too many quality episodes desu.
>>
File: ideonrekt.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
ideonrekt.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>
Designs are probably my favorite part. I love how unique all the Buff clan mechs are. Love the scale, that there are 4m, 8m, 40m and 100m mechs is interesting.

I also just love the art. The vibrant way that they draw space, the planets. Very colorful and cool.
>>
I loved Ideon, even if it was kinda 0079 in the beginning with the whole enemy of the week type thing, it really grew on me and had a much more loveable cast then 0079. Be Invoked grew on me too and I think it's better than EoE desu. Once the BDs are done I'll probably give it a rewatch.
>>
>>14186990
I've caught up with the BDs and I hate to say, it's underwhelming
>>14187024
How's this?
>>
>>14190503
damn that kid got fucked
>>
>Cosmo
I believe you anons mean Afuro
>>
>>14191578
>caught up with the BDs
Do you mean that your first time viewing is with the BDs and you aren't done yet or you're rewatching the show with the BDs and it isn't that great second time around?
>>
>>14192216
It's my first time watching
>>
>>14192252

How does Cosmo keep volume despite wearing a helmet most of the time, does Ideon just really dig his afro?
>>
>>14192574
there's a little gag comic from the moonwebs that involves him going afro-seijin level 2.
>>
File: 1300935085812.jpg (123KB, 563x738px) Image search: [Google]
1300935085812.jpg
123KB, 563x738px
Is it worth watching the original TV series over the compilation movie?
>>
>>14193489
yeah
the series drags at times but the movie really doesn't do it justice
like Cliffs Notes of a Lovecraft story
It's gonna rise
It rises
Everybody dies
the end
>>
>>14193505
Fun times. I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>14193505
Better yet, this sums it up just as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2U8yfKM9nY
>>
File: 31.jpg (297KB, 672x453px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
297KB, 672x453px
Daily reminder that May 8 is Ideon Day.
>>
>>14196740
Wait, really? Why?
>>
>>14186990
Me too
>>
File: Giran Dou and Big Zam.jpg (76KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
Giran Dou and Big Zam.jpg
76KB, 600x660px
>>14197019

Dunno lol, ask Japan.
>>
>>14189666

Moera's the one that told that kid Fard to man up a handful of times, right?
It would have worked better if he'd done it in a couple of earlier episodes.

sometimes I get the weird idea of trying to edit the series and 1st movie into 2 movies just to try and fix the pacing while covering all the major plot points, but who'd give a damn? Also, would have to wait for the new subs to be finished, I guess.
>>
>>14201862
Could be interesting if it's done well. Like that cut someone did of Macross Plus with all the new footage from the movies added into the OVAs. I wish they'd do that again for the BDs.
>>
>>14201862

Yeah. I found it odd that his development came at the last moment after being a regular Ideon pilot for a long ass time. Also, perhaps the oddest part of his death is that we clearly only see Fard suck it up during Be Invoked.

Now that another anon mentioned it, another character that could've used more development is Hatari. Shit, he's the guy who runs the Solo Ship when Bes isn't around!
>>
>>14202555
He never got to do anything.
I really wanted a episode about his brow, though.
>>
File: Img_1184194_62800732_4.jpg (78KB, 450x660px) Image search: [Google]
Img_1184194_62800732_4.jpg
78KB, 450x660px
Anyone know where I can find this to read?
>>
>>14196740

Happy Ideon Day then I guess.
>>
File: afro.jpg (11KB, 237x176px) Image search: [Google]
afro.jpg
11KB, 237x176px
>>14186990
Very repetitive
>>
>>14205930

Where is this from?
>>
>>14186990
i don't why but i think zambot 3 is more grimmer than ideon
>>
>>14186990
I jumped into Ideon by watching the compilation movie last month, which felt rough at times but left me content nevertheless.

I wanted to watch Be Invoked now, since all the praise that film got was the main drive to pick up the franchise, but I feel quite lost.

Gije only just hooked up with Sheryl at the end of the last film, now he's already dying. And I have never seen that Kitten girl from the first minute.

So, how much in-between stuff was skipped? Should I go back to the TV series, or can it be safely ignored?
>>
>>14207841
wow it's like you missed a ton of character development or something
I wonder how that happened
>>
>>14207881
Yeah, of course I'm going to wade through another Tomino series for all the "character development" in it.

Also, I don't think it's too much to be expected that two movies running as a double feature to transition into each other properly, rather than introduce characters that will only get killed off in a minute.

Unless they were unimportant to begin with. A Contact seems to cover the first 32 episodes. Anything worthwhile/important in the series afterward?.
>>
The series is hit and miss and a bit too formulaic, but it certainly delivers the emotional torque in the right places. Be Invoked however is without a doubt the best work Tomino has done in his career and one of my favorite animated works as well.
>>
Who suffered the most out of Tomino's protagonists? I'd say Cosmo is definitely up there in the top three or five, Amuro had things considerably lighter compared to what the Solo ship crew had to go through.
>>
>>14207954

The series, while it may seem a slog most of the time, handles some things better (read: A LOT OF THINGS) than the compilation movie and fills at least one plot hole between A Contact and Be Invoked.

Of note in the series:
>The episode which introduces the All-Direction Missile attack
>The sole appearance of the Black Hole Cannon
>Bes being disowned by his family on Earth
>Lin's death, which is part of Sheryl's spiral into despair. This is never shown in the movies
>Daram has better characterization in the series; in the movies he's more of a motivator for Harulu to crush the fuck out of our heroes
>>
>>14197019
It's the day the first episode of Ideon aired back in 1980.
>>
File: MakotoKobayashiIdeon.jpg (104KB, 500x549px) Image search: [Google]
MakotoKobayashiIdeon.jpg
104KB, 500x549px
Anyone have a higher res of this Makoto Kobayashi redesign?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.