[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a separate board for Toku, please? Look at the /krg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 35

File: gundam.jpg (181KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
181KB, 1280x960px
Can we get a separate board for Toku, please?
Look at the /krg/ thread, it's pure shitposting.
>>
>>14184679
Okay, if you insist.

-moot
>>
>>14184679

All thanks to one jack ass.
>>
I don't think it would really help. The shitposter would just move to the Toku board and continue his weird little game. We just need some mod action in /krg/ to clean it up and remove the problem posters.
>>
Toku has never been welcome on /m/. If you were here back in 2009 you would know
>>
comfy
>>
>>14184695
>I don't think it would really help

/m/ would be a better place, that's for sure.
>>
Why isn't Toku discussed on /jp/ instead?
>>
Just ban /krg/ and call it a day. It's the only problem child for the Toku threads on /m/.
>>
>>14184701
With the removal of one general? That's pretty selfish.
>>
>>14184705
The world would be a better place if /krg/ never existed.
>>
>>14184695
The only problem posters in /krg/ are the ones intentionally starting shit with the people trying to clean up the threads so Ghost can be safely discussed. Compare the current thread to >>14177300 and you'll notice a shocking difference: >>14177300 is actually a good thread because people aren't crying about Ghost being discussed or how Maurice ruined Christmas. The current thread only went to shit because someone decided to complain about Ghost and Maurice.
>>
>>14184702
This.
>>
>>14184679
That's just /m/ being /m/

>>14184687
>moot

who
>>
I'm so sick of this constant shiposting on this subject. In Japan, they don't treat robot shows or tokusatsu differently, especially when the robot shows and tokusatsu overlap significantly in many cases. In addition, banishing tokusatsu because of whatever reasons you want to state would also mean getting rid of pretty much all sci-fi anime as well from this board. So no more LoGH discussion, for instance.

We have been over this time and time again and it's fucking dull. Seeing a thread on tokusatsu or even seeing a shitposter in one is nowhere near as annoying as the anti-toku shitposters.
>>
>>14184679
Most generals are garbage, and that's even more true for /m/
Any other toku related thread that pops up is actually worthwhile.

>>14184701
Thinking removing one subject would fix /m/ shitposting is just naive
>>
Can we get a separate board for Gundam, please?
Look at every Gundam thread, it's pure shitposting.
>>
are you guys hyped?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmPPYxCX0KI
>>
File: 250px-Compati_Hero.jpg (17KB, 250x147px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Compati_Hero.jpg
17KB, 250x147px
can't we just all get along
what am I saying, of course we can't
>>
all right, i'll bite. i'm sick and tired of you assholes getting all bawww and butthurt whenever someone brings up the fact that toku isn't /m/, so let me go into a little detail, even though i know you'll all brush me off with "u mad" or "why so serious".

1: tokusatsu is not mecha. it is rubber suits and people in rubber suits.

2: those giant fight scenes in super sentai that take about one minute and half of that minute is the finishing move doesn't count, or else No More Heroes 2 is fucking /m/ too

3: just because one or two kamen rider series had motorcycles that turned into mechs does not make the entire franchise /m/. it is still people in rubber suits punching each other

4: kamen rider stopped being about robots/cyborgs ever since the heisei era started. super sentai hasn't been about robots/cyborgs in goddamn ever. metal hero got cancelled long ago.

5: those rubber suits aren't even supposed to be mechanical or anything, anyway. oh boy so there was some magazine that gave "dissections" of the suits and they had circuits and wiring in them OH BOY THIS MAKES THEM /m/ IT SURE DOES no it fucking doesn't.

tl;dr: go ahead and call me mad angry butthurt hater or whatever, but you guys just got schooled. now go get your own board.
>>
>>14184702
>toku niggers can't answer this question
>>
>>14184754
good pasta
>>
>>14184754
Ask the mods and get schooled yourself fag.
>>
>>14184766
The imbecile mod that said toku belongs on /m/ was moot and moot is gone
>>
>>14184754
>1: tokusatsu is not mecha. it is rubber suits and people in rubber suits.
What are the pilots in most gundam series are wearing anon?
>2: those giant fight scenes in super sentai that take about one minute and half of that minute is the finishing move doesn't count, or else No More Heroes 2 is fucking /m/ too
Last I check IBO didn't have a long fight too
3: just because one or two kamen rider series had motorcycles that turned into mechs does not make the entire franchise /m/. it is still people in rubber suits punching each other
Pretty sure ever since W we've been getting the bikes combining to form some kind of robot suits
>4: kamen rider stopped being about robots/cyborgs ever since the heisei era started.
Refer above statement
>super sentai hasn't been about robots/cyborgs in goddamn ever.
dunno about it so nah
> metal hero got cancelled long ago.
So? It still counts and viable for discussion
>5: those rubber suits aren't even supposed to be mechanical or anything, anyway. oh boy so there was some magazine that gave "dissections" of the suits and they had circuits and wiring in them OH BOY THIS MAKES THEM /m/ IT SURE DOES no it fucking doesn't.
It does tho
>>
>>14184773
Yes, and?
Do all the currently written laws stop applying when the president changes in your country?
>>
Follower of Maurice here; please do not ban Ghost from /m/, this is a comfy board we would like to stay here
>>
>>14184735
>implying /m/ isn't just a containment board for Gundam
>>
I am a toku fan and I totally agree that it isn't /m/ I wish we were on another board, I hate having to hide over a hundred threads about shit shows I could not care less about.
I don't like Gundam, I don't like TTGL, I don't like NGE, I don't like MD Geist, I don't like Valvrave, I don't like Aquarion, I don't like Big O. I can't stand giant robot shows, hell I hate the robot fights when they happen in sentai they are a huge waste. I just want to talk about my shitty spandex heroes.
>>
/lash/ - Live-Action Super Heroes
>>
>>14184679
To be fair, and this is coming from someone who hates tokufags, no general is as cancerous as the Symphogear one.
>>
>>14184796
But that doesn't include Gojira, and perhaps wouldn't include Dr. Who (depends if you consider him a superhero)
>>
>>14184796
>not /cpsht/
>>
>>14184800
Gee, if only there was a BIG board for Dr. Who.

>>14184799
To be fair, and this is coming from a Symphogearfag, that's completely true.
>>
>>14184802
Nah, that is my alternative name to /m/.
>>
Splitting bosrds up is usally a pretty bad idea, It only works when somthing dominates a orad so much it starts to overtake tha orginal topic for the board. If anything I'd rather have /m/ expand to have retro anime (pre-2000ish) in general, Snice /a/ does't like to talk about stuff that isn't currently airing, let alone older stuff very much.
>>
>>14184817
>Snice /a/ does't like to talk about stuff that isn't currently airing, let alone older stuff very much
That's just the lie every shitposter who doesn't wanna use the proper boards spouts. Of course they talk more about current stuff, because it's current and there's more to discuss, but you can make a thread about old series just fine.
>>
>>14184758
You can make that same question about pretty much anything in /m/ or even /a/.
/jp/ overlaps with everything.

And why most people into toku flocked to /m/ instead of /jp/ probably has to do with the board mentality being more suited to discuss it.
>>
Why does no one bats an eye at Symphogear for a having a general in /m/?
>>
>>14184735
Actually this would probably improve the quality of the board for real. But I still wouldn't want it because then where do you end?
>>
>>14184754
Robot anime is not mecha, it is just animation cells and digital files.
>>
>>14184779
4chan is not a country
>>
>>14184679
>>>/qa/
Arguing here is pointless. /m/ has been going back and forth with it and it always amounts to nothing.
>>
File: 783.gif (54KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
783.gif
54KB, 320x213px
>>14184792
>>
>>14184754
Saying that tokusatsu that actually have cyborgs, giant robots and spaceships don't qualify as /m/ because they're portrayed by people in rubber and plastic suits is the same as saying anime featuring those isn't /m/ because it's just an animation and not actual real life robots.
>>
>>14184840
This. In the end, only this is /m/.
>>
>>14184836
>>14184840
Garo has a non-mechanical suit. Why is it allowed?
>>
>>14184851
Same reason why Escaflowne is.
>>
>>14184832
You heard it here, folks! We can do whatever the fuck we want until Hiroshima says otherwise because 4chan is not a country and therefor doesn't have to follow the same common sense as any moderated body!
>>
So what are the odds that OP shitposts in /krg/ before shitposting about /krg/?
>>
>>14184852
Escaflowne has giant robots.
>>
>>14184851
That is a legitimate point, there's hardly rebuttal for that. It's tolerated simply because other, more /m/ related toku are allowed. Garo is most definitely not /m/.
>>
>>14184679
I was against the idea back when people were shitposting about /to/, but now i agree. Not because of the quality of the threads(it'll be the same people after all, just less concentrated in one theead), but the amount of toku threads alone justifies it. People also have to juggle with the /m/ definition just to explain their favourite franchises are /m/. Heck, i've seen people saying godzilla is a mecha franchise just because muh mechagodzilla.

It would be easier to just have a board for this topic and leave proper mech franchises in the mecha board.
>>
>>14184874
Problem is Tokusatsu doesn't really generate enough discussion to justify it's own board in 4chan. I think people here forget how niche that is.
A board for tokusatsu probably won't happen, at best discussion about it will be moved elsewhere.
>>
>>14184758
Tokufag here, we can't answer because it would make sense in /jp/.
>>
To be fair, yes. I believe that stuff that isn't /m/ and is tokusatsu shouldn't really be discussed here. But creating a whole new board for a tiny niche, when the bulk of tokusatsu discussion is focused on those franchises that are /m/, is a bit counter-productive. People would still discuss live action /m/ material here so you'd still be seeing Sentai, Metal Heroes and Kamen Rider pop up as they do now. Not to mention stuff like the live action Patlabor, Gunhed, G-Savior discussion and nay other live action /m/ material that does show up. Plus you'd also lose the Star Wars/Star Trek discussion and pretty much every other sci-fi show without giant robots from /m/ to other boards as people will just start bitching about them again. Personally I can deal with the odd mention of La Belle Fille Masquée Poitrine to keep the above stuff.
>>
>>14184883
If pokemon and mlp, which are specific franchises could get their own boards, i'm sure an entire subgenre of television can handle it.

Without generals though.
>>
>>14184884
Except A: The bulk of tokusatsu discussion focuses on Ultraman (shit tons of /m/ elements), Godzilla (shit tons of /m/ elements), Sentai (which is /m/), Kamen Rider (which is /m/) and Metal Heroes (which is /m/) would still belong on this board due to the nature of their content and B: /jp/ wouldn't fucking stand for having tokusatsu dumped on them and would violently reject it. Same for /tv/.

Really, we should rebrand /m/ to Mecha and Sci-FI. That way discussion about stuff like LoGH and other stuff is safe and other stuff can be included if it contains /m/ material.
>>
>>14184893
Pokemon is fucking huge compared to discussion of tokusatsu in the West (hell even in Japan, Pokemon is bigger than tokusatsu) and MLP was a cancer containment board to stop ponyfaggotry enveloping all.
>>
>>14184898
You should see /vp/ right now. Its a hell with the "owl leak", and normally they are circlejerking to certain characters and monsters.
>>
>>14184902
So no different to Gundam discussion then?
>>
>>14184896
That is the issue with those discussions, actually.
People want to remove tokusatsu discussion as a whole when the biggest franchises have enough to justify discussions on /m/.
And even as one can argue that /m/ elements in Godzilla or several Kamen Rider series aren't enough, discussion regarding the more mecha related entries in those franchises is still /m/, the subject won't be banned as the people asking for the removal wish it would.
>>
>>14184679
We got rid of the toku is not /m/ shitposters before, why are they back?

Oh right, because there has to be more shitposters again
>>
File: red-baron-beams.jpg (226KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
red-baron-beams.jpg
226KB, 1024x765px
>Toku isn't /m/
>>
>>14184697
>Toku has never been welcome on /m/. If you were here back in 2009 you would know

I'm really laughing at this post given that Kamen Rider was accept with no qualms back in 2006. But honestly I think toku and other Japanese live-action shows need their own board since they have a large enough following.

/jtv/ when?
>>
>>14184896
>>14184896
>Except A: The bulk of tokusatsu discussion focuses on Ultraman (shit tons of /m/ elements)
Only if you already consider toku to be /m/, so circular reasoning.
>Godzilla (shit tons of /m/ elements)
Ditto
>Sentai (which is /m/), Kamen Rider (which is /m/) and Metal Heroes (which is /m/) would still belong on this board due to the nature of their content
That's true. They're also japanese though.

>/jp/ wouldn't fucking stand for having tokusatsu dumped on them and would violently reject it. Same for /tv/.
That's an usual fallacy people tend to resort to in these discussions. Community shouldnt be a factor when deciding what belongs where.

>Really, we should rebrand /m/ to Mecha and Sci-FI. That way discussion about stuff like LoGH and other stuff is safe and other stuff can be included if it contains /m/ material.
If and when that happens, toku will be /m/. The sci-fi one at least so no garo.
>>
File: battledodgeball.jpg (93KB, 520x429px) Image search: [Google]
battledodgeball.jpg
93KB, 520x429px
>>14184915
The problem with that idea is that any films with giant robots then go to /tv/, as does anything live action that isn't /jtv/.

The Japanese got no trouble with letting this stuff coexist.
>>
Can we at least delete /krg/? They're posting about farting hips and stinky mommies
>>
>>14184915
That would actually be nice. A board for discussing Japanese non-animated television without having to put up with /jp/'s brand of autism.
>>
>>14184679
Fuck off with these shitposting meta threads.

Take it to >>>/qa/ because no mods are going to listen to you here.
>>
>>14184926
Meant to say blend, not brand.
>>
Precure is /m/
Saint Seiya is /m/
Yu-Gi-Oh is /m/
.hack// is /m/
Digimon is /m/
Dragon Ball Z is /m/
>>
>>14184930
>Precure
Nope. Nanoha is though.
>Saint Seiya is /m/
Arguably.
>Yu-Gi-Oh is /m/
Didn't they have giant robots at one point?
>.hack is /m/
Nope
>Digimon is /m/
Questionable, I'd lean to no, myself.
>Dragon Ball Z is /m/
Arguably; it's as /m/ as LoGH is.
>>
>>14184926
It'll be filled up with people obsessing about k-drama in a moment.
>>
>>14184936
So it would have activity?
Problem solved then.
>>
>>14184943
No, it wouldn't, because like people have pointed out, you'd still have all the tokusatsu discussion that matters still on /m/. All you'd do is create a new board with low traffic and give shitposters enough ammunition to fuck up every thread on the board.
>>
>>14184934
>Didn't they have giant robots at one point?
No, just tons of cards with mechanical designs and arguably some of the related card and duel terminal lore. And a few cyborgs here and there in the anime.

However I think it's only a matter of time before a new series introduces some form of dueling on robots or ships.
>>
Can we get a separate board for meta threads, please?
Look at this thread, it's pure shitposting.
>>
>>14184723
This

I thought we were done with this bullshit back in ~2012 was it?

reminder to oregano shit threads
>>
>>14184679
>Look at the /krg/ thread, it's pure shitposting.

Just like the rest of /m/.
>>
>>14184950
>>14184950
>No, it wouldn't, because like people have pointed out, you'd still have all the tokusatsu discussion that matters still on /m/.
Only if people are retarded enough to not use the proper boards, which isnt supposed to happen. Good modding could solve that.

>All you'd do is create a new board with low traffic and give shitposters enough ammunition to fuck up every thread on the board.
So like the current toku threads?
>>
>>14184950
That, and the /m/-related tokusatsu discussions would be as filled with shitposting as they are, it's just that the shitposts would be about wheter or not that qualify as /m/.
>>
>>14184962
>Expecting people to not be retarded
>Expecting good moderation
Are you new on 4chan?
>>
>>14184958
It already exists.

>>>/qa/
>>
>>14184962
>So like the current toku threads?
Yes. The point is that it wouldn't solve anything.
>>
>>14184851
>Garo has a non-mechanical suit
Eva confirmed for not /m/.
>>
Toku comes under /m/'s version of the Commander Keen rule. No one else will take it.
>>
>>14184956
Yu-Gi-Oh already had cyberspace, cybernetic implants, time travel and dimensional wars.
It's only a matter of time before some madman at Konami decides to tackle space travel.
>>
File: 1455911271406.jpg (11KB, 327x327px) Image search: [Google]
1455911271406.jpg
11KB, 327x327px
Why is it that nobody ever complains about LoGHshit on /m/ when there isn't a robot in sight?
>>
>>14184921
>The problem with that idea is that any films with giant robots then go to /tv/
No. Mecha still goes on the mecha board.
>The Japanese got no trouble with letting this stuff coexist.
Japanese imageboards split up topics more autstically than we do, hombre.
>>
>>14184934
>I'd lean to no, myself.

Then you haven't seen anything to do with Digimon.
>>
I'll stop talking about Toku when you stop talking about Devilman.
>>
>>14184934
>Nanoha is though.
No.
>Arguably.
No.
>Didn't they have giant robots at one point?
Not /m/.
>Questionable
Not /m/, no question.
>Arguably
No.
>it's as /m/ as LoGH is.
No.
>>
>>14184969
>>14184969
It's a hypothetical scenario. You know, like a toku board.

>>14184975
It would get rid of " this is not /m/" posts. It wouldnt get rid of shitposting of actual tokufags, but that's on us for having a retarded fanbase. Again, saying the community is shit is not a valid argument.
>>
>>14184994
Where's the Devilman generals??????
>>
File: CI_59799_1332342596.jpg (219KB, 1024x647px) Image search: [Google]
CI_59799_1332342596.jpg
219KB, 1024x647px
>>14184996
>Nanoha is not /m/-related.
What.
>>
>>14184997
It wouldn't get rid of "this is not /m/" posts because even if toku as a whole is not /m/, more than enough series are. Whenever someone brings up a /m/-related tokusatsu discussion it would quickly turn into a "what defines something as /m/" shitposting. Something that already happens fairly often. That's why I said it wouldn't really change anything besides removing some generals, which are already containment measures you should just ignore.
>>
File: Chris is a Gundam.jpg (589KB, 797x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Chris is a Gundam.jpg
589KB, 797x2200px
>>14184827
Because it's essentially mecha-musume and sticks to itself.
>>
>>14185007
Not every movie with a cop is a cop movie, anon. Here's another series that isn't /m/ despite having sci-fi weapons.
>>
>>14185028
That's why I used the word related. It's not a mecha franchise, that's for sure, but has enough mecha and sci-fi elements to warrant discussion every once in a while.
Same goes for stuff like Symphogear and Infinite Stratos, though those embraces their /m/ side a lot more.
>>
>>14185038
>but has enough mecha and sci-fi elements to warrant discussion every once in a while.
No. Fuck off with your slippery slope. Guess what else started like that? I'll give you a hint: it has generals right this moment.
>>
I see summerposting is starting early this year.
>>
File: wew lad.png (185KB, 664x561px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
185KB, 664x561px
>>14185045
>slippery slope
>>
Toku is /m/. It has been for ages.

Go be a dirty spic somewhere else.
>>
>>14185045
>Only what I think is /m/should be considered /m/!
>>
>>14185016
>>14185016
>It wouldn't get rid of "this is not /m/" posts because even if toku as a whole is not /m/, more than enough series are.
You are retarded, arent you? If toku were discussed outside /m/, discussing wether.something is /m/ or not would be moot. You dont see people on /co/ saying "this is not /k/"
>>
>>14185028
There's a lot of shows people would cliam "it just has a robot, it's not a mecha series" using that argument, that's why I don't think it is that valid. I've seen people do so with Evangelion, Escaflowne and Gargantia time and time again here.
If you open a precedent for that kind of cherry picking retards will always find a way to shitpost about it.
>>
>>14185053
>>14185059
Toku defense force
>>
>>14185061
And you apparently can't read. I'm talking about toku discussions on /m/. There is an overlap just like there's /m/ movies or comics that overlaps with /co/ or /tv/.
>>
>>14185061
No, but I've see "this isn't /co/" over some stupid shit, like Korean animation.
>>
>>14185062
>I've seen people do so with Evangelion, Escaflowne and Gargantia time and time again here.
Those shows focus on mecha. You cannot take out the mecha without inherently altering the entire narrative. You can take the sci-fi pew pew out of Nanoha and it'd be the same shit of magical girls battling. Kamen Rider is mostly non-cyborgs and it's the same shit.
>>
>>14185064
Nice projection. We were talking about Nanoha, Symphogear and similar anime series, anon.
>>
>>14185064
>>14185077
Actually was was just wewing at the "slippery slope" fallacy.
>>
>>14185064
>>14185075
you guys are retarded. kamen rider is a cyborg you dumb shit.

seriously your spicposting is getting annoying. toku has been on /m/ for ages. if you don't like it,

FUCK OFF SPICCCC

SPIC SPIC SPIC SPIC SPIC SPIC SPIC
>>
Is Chen /m/?
>>
>>14184996
>>14185028
>>14185045
No. Fuck off with your true scotsman shit.
>>
>>14184980
organic robots are still robots. the first usage of the word robot was in the play, r.u.r, and the robots in that were all organic.

to say that robots have to be mechanical to be considered robots is a total myth.
>>
>>14185070
We should discuss things on the board they belong by granularity, if there's a toku board, toku should only be there, this should be obvious.

>>14185071
Which doesnt prove me wrong at all since /co/ is /co/ so it's relevant if something there doesnt meet what /co/ is about( aside from wether the actual topic is or isnt /co/).
>>
>>14185083
OG: cyborg
V3: cyborg
X: cyborg
Amazon: MAGIC
Stronger: cyborg
Skyrider: cyborg
Super-1: cyborg
Black: MAGIC
RX: MAGIC
Kuuga: MAGIC
Agito: MAGIC
Ryuki: MAGIC
Faiz: tech armor
Blade: MAGIC
Hibiki: MAGIC
Kabuto: tech armor
Den-O: MAGIC
Kiva: MAGIC
Decade: MAGIC
W: MAGIC
OOO: MAGIC
Fourze: MAGIC
Wizard: MAGIC
Gaim: MAGIC
Drive: MAGIC
Ghost: MAGIC

mecha count: 8
not mecha count: 18

Eat shit motherfucker
>>
>>14185090
Can we talk about Attack on Titan then?

>>14185075
You can replace the mecha in 0079 with tanks and spaceships and nothing would change.
>>
>>14185110
>Drive: MAGIC

You're wrong on this one.
>>
>>14185104
>it doesn't go on /co/ someone says it doesn't even if it does I'M JUST RIGHT FAGGOT OK!?
These mental gymnastics.
>>
>>14184980
Every Eva thread, the first few posts are:
>Eva is not /m/
>Jet Alone deserved better
>>
>>14185122
Asuka a shit and you're a beta with no self-respect if she's your waifu.
>>
File: 1462121760268.png (301KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1462121760268.png
301KB, 512x384px
>>14185110
>Fourze: MAGIC
>>
>>14185125
This isn't /a/, Jet Alone is everyone's waifu by default.
>>
A thread died for this.
>>
>>14185110
DRIVE IS A MECHA
>>
>>14185110
ZX: Cyborg
Shin: Cyborg
ZO: Cyborg
J: Magic

If you're gonna shitpost at least get them all
>>
>>14185104
There are boards about movies, videogames and comic books, yet discussion of /m/ things from those medium are allowed, why should tokusatsu be an exception?
>>
Toku isn't the problem, Gundam isn't the problem, no one sole shitposter is the problem. It's the amount of people who post here that are indoctrinated into thought process that this board since it is a part of 4chan is intended for shitposting and never truly discussing topics and sharing images. This is not to say there shouldn't be anyone shitposting or having fun at others expenses ever but it's blown way out of proportion as this site has gotten more widely known and people that frequented other boards increasingly migrated here thinking that /m/ is/was just the same with its "culture".
>>
>>14185140
>discussion of /m/ things from those medium
Not a bunch of unrelated non-/m/ shit just because it's from the same franchise.
>>
>>14185115
>>14185132
>>14185135
>>14185138
They are not mecha, but even if you counted them, you would still end up with
>mecha: 10
>magic: 16

Also
>Shin
>ZO
>mecha
Delusion at its finest

And no matter how you cut it, the majority of Kamen Rider is MAGIC
>>
>>14185110
>>14185110
>Black: MAGIC
>RX: MAGIC
Black has been callled a cyborg multiple times. And there's a literal roborider.

>Faiz: tech armor
>Blade: MAGIC
Only chalice, the others use tech that lets them tap on a magical source.

>Kabuto: tech armor
>Den-O: MAGIC
Ditto for blade

>Decade: MAGIC
Never explained. But this is decade so i let it pass.
>W: MAGIC
Literally not true.
>Fourze: MAGIC
Neither.

>Gaim: MAGIC
Similar to blade.
Ok, you're high
>>
>>14184735

>Gundam gets its own board
>/m/ is left with 2 posters
>>
>>>/gundam/
>>
>>14185160
and those two posters would have the time of their lives me.
>>
>>14185153
Shin and ZO are literally called cyborgs. Shin is fucking called Cyborg Soldier Level 3.
>>
>>14185160
>It's just me and that one other guy gushing over Muv-Luv for eternity

I'm in
>>
>>14185119
Learn to read

>>14185140
There's a difference between discussing the /m/ aspects of a non mecha franchise and making /m/ the main place for discussing a non mecha franchise.
I mean, if you're new to 4chan you have no way of knowing where toku is discussed unless someone tells you or also happen to like mecha.
>>
>>14185160
I count 10.

It'll be 6 Fafnerfags vs 4 M3fags. The board will become the unofficial home of hipster anime, no mainstream shit allowed.
>>
>>14185160
>mass exodus gundam off /m/
>/m/ becomes the toku board
>>
>>14185148
>>14185171
To that I can agree. I was just pointing out making a toku board wouldn't completely remove toku discussion on /m/, nor the associated "not /m/" shitposting.
>>
>>14184861
Escaflowne has giant robots in the same sense Garo has power armor which turns into a full-fledged mecha in several seasons.
>>
>>14185179
There's also me and the other Rangafag
>>
>>14185211
>>14185211
>making a toku board wouldn't completely remove toku discussion on /m/
It should.

>nor the associated "not /m/" shitposting.
Obviously, not on non-toku non-mecha properties. And on toku threads on /m/, those posts would be right.
>>
>>14184679
*pure falseflagging
>>
File: Mecha-Naruto_vehicle_mode.png (1MB, 1788x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha-Naruto_vehicle_mode.png
1MB, 1788x1064px
Naruto is /m/.
>>
>>14185241
Looks more like /o/ to me.
>>
File: Valvrave the Agitator.jpg (291KB, 642x1083px) Image search: [Google]
Valvrave the Agitator.jpg
291KB, 642x1083px
>we need to get rid of toku threads so we can get back to what really matters:

>shitposting about Valvrave

Shout for a revolution, why don't you?
>>
>>14185228
It shouldn't. That's like saying we shouldn't talk about movies, western tv series or videogames that are /m/-related because /tv/ and /v/ exist.
>>
File: Naruto_Mecha.png (2MB, 2893x4093px) Image search: [Google]
Naruto_Mecha.png
2MB, 2893x4093px
>>14185244
>>
>>14184679
Toku and Mecha are brother genres. You wouldn't have one without the other. But of course you don't care because you're not a real /m/an. You just want to police the board and act superior.
>>
There'll be /film/ soon, /tv/ will be left with only television live series which is a perfect place for the tokufags to go.
>>
>>14185265
/tv/ is just /pedo/ in all but name, nothing will change.

Well except for an entire board dedicated to cultivating kinoposting.
>>
It's sad that we can't all get along. Why do you want to divide /m/ into essentially a giant general? Toku and Mecha go together like peanut butter and jelly. If you don't like it, then either try it out, or ignore the threads. Without toku /m/ would be dead, and vice versa. Both genres inspire and influence the other one. Without each other, they'd both be dead.

Why can't we just come to together and respect each other?
>>
>>14185251
>>14185171
>>
>>14185268
I never said there weren't cancerousfags though.
/film/ will be filled with baneposting, constant capeshit movies & Marvel vs DC wars.
/tv/ will be the next /vg/ with a general for each new series.
For those who don't know /vg/ generals are only shitpostings & tripfaggotry.
>>
>>14185112
no because this board is called mecha, not robots.

which means that only mecha stuff applies, even if there are organic robots.
>>
>>14185286
I noticed a trend about generals.
After a certain number of threads, the signal:noise ratio begins to irreversibly trend to almost absolute zero, with the noise overwhelming the signal.

I figure the more popular something appears to be (as quantified by the number of general threads made), the more inclined people are to engage in the classic internet tradition of ruining nice things ("more beautiful it is, more satisfying it is to corrupt" and whatnot).
>>
>>14185270

Sorry, but /m/ basically doesn't care about UNDERSTANDING anymore since it has been shoved down to its throat over the past decade, now it is either GENOCIDE OR BUST
>>
>>14185279
>>14185279
Yes, I agreed with that post.
/m/ shouldn't be for toku in general, because toku isn't entirely made of /m/-related series. However there are a good number of toku that are /m/, and there shouldn't be a problem talking about those here. That's why I disagree with you "If there's a toku board all toku discussion should go there" argument
>>
>>14185110
how about you stuff yourself with shitty burritos, fucking spic?

You and your kind is what's killing this board, you fucking subhuman shitskin nigger. I wished you and your entire family of spics get gored by a big fat bull's dick.
>>
File: Kamen bugs extermination.jpg (96KB, 1068x295px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen bugs extermination.jpg
96KB, 1068x295px
Bugfags always shitposted early and often when they were on /m/. It's one of the major reasons why when they forced to migrate to /m/ after being kicked out of every decently run board that you saw a backlash. The problem is /m/ was never an assertive board (Compared to /a/ or /jp/ who would opt to burn everything to the ground than cave to a policy they hate.) Here's a nice and early thread of bugfag shitposting and actually getting the mods to respond.

As for creating a board specifically for toku? It's the anti-thesis of what makes 4chan successful. You can bitch at what moot did all you want, he kept things cohesive by almost never adding new boards so people who had interests needed to figure out which existing board to use that best fit them, as opposed to demanding they get their own little board and create a little gated community for every interest. Which is the main reason you see other image boards (especially one with an 8) collapse on itself because the user base stratifies to the point they opt to just leave entirely. Look at General Threads, those are prefect microcosm of what that a board on that show would look like.

Now toku and bugfags are going to say 'Hey, we got one show with a robot, that means everything is allowed here!' the problem with that argument is they almost always jump to secondary, or tertiary discussions. Example, Tokufags used their threads to do waifu fagging and talk about actresses who were in Toku shows who went onto JAV. That would be like gundam fanbase creating daily threads about which seiyū in their shows did hentai.

Should toku shit be kicked back to /jp/? Absolutely. Will it ever happen? No. Does that mean they should be accepted here? No.
>>
>>14185384
Fuck off and go back to wanking about how Zeon was right.
>>
>>14185384
Also before people try and make it look like the post was a falseflag against bugfags. The mod was referring to shitposter using Spiderman.
>>
This thread is honestly more cancerous than /krg/. You proud of yourself, faggots?
>>
>>14185384
Using your argument, you literally cannot discuss anything about a show's production, its background, or anything about it. Essentially all you want to do is turn /m/ into "This show sure has robots!"
>>
>>14185394
And? The discussion should be on the show itself. For mecha shows, the amount of threads about what is happening in the show itself and what is occurring within it compared to the show's production is major.

This is one of the big differences between actual mecha discussion and Toku and why the latter almost ways slides into secondary, or tertiary discussion.
>>
This isn't a problem with Toku, it's just a problem with fucking generals. They're subhuman circlejerks full of nothing but blogging, we already get two Rider airing shows per week, we don't really need a big autistic general.

Just look at Katawa Shoujo General on /vg/ or the Monster Girl General on /jp/. These threads eventually run out of things to talk about but people feel the autistic need to be a member of a community and keep blogging using names and trips about pointless shit or just spamming memes, generals essentially become their own isolated imageboard. Generals are completely against the entire point of an imageboard, where discussion is sporadic rather than organized like a forum.
>>
>>14185298
Juushin Liger?
>>
>>14185410
The only reasons why they have is because people like OP and Black_Knight keep autistically bitching about threads they don't like, so they made generals instead. The whole idea of generals being a 'cancerous' thing is also a bit wrong because you only get exposed to it if you go in the thread.

It's quite simple; if you don't like it, hide it. Otherwise stop shitting up the board with this metadiscussion and supporting autists who literally want this board to be nothing but pictures of robots.
>>
>>14185407
Bullshit. The last few Gundam series have been absolutely cramming discussion about behind-the-scenes stuff from directors to BD sales, to model kits and so on.
>>
>>14185384
When was toku ever acceptable on /jp/? Granted, I'm a newfag relative to you, but other than being japanese in origin, it has more in common with /m/. The only way toku is leaving /m/ is if it gets a containment board, and good luck with that ever happening.
>>
>>14185498
It doesn't really matter, /jp/ is just a trashcan board for other places shit that is related to their board but they don't want to accept, pretty much how Toku is on /m/.

The board is pretty dead as well so threads don't get shitposted to death on sight anymore.
>>
>>14184695
>clean up a general
No. The only course of action is to ban /krg/ from /m/.
>>
File: po for pokemon.jpg (134KB, 997x741px) Image search: [Google]
po for pokemon.jpg
134KB, 997x741px
>>14185491
This would be the case if general threads didn't devolve into elitist circle jerking and have a tendency to leak. (Which always happens on /m/)

>>14185494
When a show is shit, you want to figure out why it's awful, so people are going to scrutinize the production more than shows that are good. I haven't even touched IBO yet so I can't give a personal opinion on that series. But if you're thinking Thunderbolt's discussion isn't mainly focused on the Manga/Anime and the mobile suits, you clearly aren't reading the threads.

>>14185498
Otakuism mainly, Toku shows are clearly meant to target children. (Shows like Gundam are for a general audience even if they are meant to sell merchandise.) Plus the type of second and tertiary discussion they always get into are a much better fit for /jp/ and not /m/.

Sadly, /m/ doesn't have the resolve of /a/ or /jp/ to reject groups, so while Toku isn't /m/, there isn't any actual way to eject them from /m/. (I'm against the idea of creating a containment board for the sake of having a containment board. That's only justifiable if something becomes so large, that it completely overruns the original board its on, like what pokemon managed to do in /v/ and their invasion that destroyed /po/ for a day.) All you see now is shitposting which is causing /m/ to slide further into the abyss.
>>
>>14184915
>Japanese live-action shows need their own board since they have a large enough following.
I wish. The threads on /jp/ die so fast. It's just me and probably two other regulars at the most desperately trying to keep the thread alive as long as we can.
>>
>>14185491
So as long as it's "contained" to a few threads shitposting is completely fine according to you because who cares people can hide those threads.
>>
>>14185491
>So as long as it's "contained" to a few threads shitposting is completely fine according to you

That's what I believe was the general decision that was made as a results of the debate in /q/ as to what to do with Toku. But as you can see, there is an issue of leakage and the fact that generals become self destructive in the long term. (See >>14185410) So the core problems remain.
>>
>I'm too lazy to filter: The Thread
>>
>>14185606
>Shitposting is fine, who needs mods just ignore it.
>>
>>14185410
I dunno, /krg/ transcended that with its shitposting so much that 90% of its former tripfags all abandoned it.
>>
>>14185662
When it's such a small fraction of the board, yes.
>>
>>14185662
You're the shitposters here.
>>
>>14184723
>So no more LoGH discussion, for instance.

Good they're some of the most pretentious cunts on this board who think they're sooooo superior for liking a boring ass anime that's just people talking about gay ass shit for 30 minutes an episode. Oh wooooow man your character talked about pacifism for two minutes sooooo fucking deep.

NOT
>>
>>14186707
I guarantee this is the OP of the Kuuga h8 thread.
>>
File: MAXIMUM SHIT.jpg (33KB, 636x480px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM SHIT.jpg
33KB, 636x480px
>>14184754
>1: tokusatsu is not mecha. it is rubber suits and people in rubber suits. 2: those giant fight scenes in super sentai that take about one minute. 3: just because one or two kamen rider series had motorcycles that turned into mechs does not make the entire franchise /m/. 4: kamen rider stopped being about robots/cyborgs ever since the heisei era started. 5: those rubber suits aren't even supposed to be mechanical or anything, anyway.
Congrats, anon. One of the DUMBEST posts I've ever seen on /m/. 5 STARS.

In the end, stop the mimimi. Toku is /m/ and deal with it. Don't like it? Go away.
>>
>>14184990
THIS nigga got it.
>>
>>14186949
>>14184990
I have no problem kicking LoGH out of /m/ if that means Tokufags leave too.
>>
File: LOOK! TOKU ARMOR ISN'T MECH.jpg (284KB, 814x1030px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK! TOKU ARMOR ISN'T MECH.jpg
284KB, 814x1030px
>>14184679
>Can we get a separate board for Toku, please?
NO.
>>
File: LOOK! TOKU DINOSAUR ISN'T MECH.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK! TOKU DINOSAUR ISN'T MECH.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
>>14187006
>>
File: LOOK! TOKU FIGHTER ISN'T MECH.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK! TOKU FIGHTER ISN'T MECH.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>14187009
>>
>>14187006
Is that some fan made costume? It looks like shit came out of a home made vaccuformer.

>>14187009
That's Sentai, you cannot justify an entire category based on one sub genre.
>>
>>14187014
>>
File: LOOK! TOKU MONSTER ISN'T MECH.jpg (135KB, 918x996px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK! TOKU MONSTER ISN'T MECH.jpg
135KB, 918x996px
>>14187020
>>
>>14187014
>>14187020
Does this transform into something so it's not just a vehicle with guns?
>>
File: LOOK! TOKU ROBOCOP ISN'T MECH.webm (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK! TOKU ROBOCOP ISN'T MECH.webm
3MB, 320x240px
>>14187025
>>
File: LOOK! TOKU ROBOT ISN'T MECH.jpg (480KB, 1600x1144px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK! TOKU ROBOT ISN'T MECH.jpg
480KB, 1600x1144px
>>14187032
>>
File: LOOK! TOKU SPACESHIP ISN'T MECH.jpg (452KB, 1200x1622px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK! TOKU SPACESHIP ISN'T MECH.jpg
452KB, 1200x1622px
>>14187036
>>
File: LOOK! TOKU TOYS AREN'T MECH.jpg (929KB, 1600x1083px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK! TOKU TOYS AREN'T MECH.jpg
929KB, 1600x1083px
>>14187041
>>
>>14187046
>>
>>14187036
>>14187032
>>14187046
Clearly just men in plastic suits and LED flashing lights. I fail to see any real mecha elements in these. Are they even robots?

>>14187041
Ships aren't /m/

>>14187049
Trying use a sub genre that may be mecha to justify posting non mecha sub genres in /m/.
>>
>>14187029
Go watch the series and discover by yourself, anon. This is toku 101, beginners level. :)
>>
>>14187056
So you're saying they don't.
Non transforming trains and planes aren't /m/.

All this image spam and the best you can show is sentai stuff, but that only means that sub category of toku MIGHT be considered /m/. It doesn't give a blank check for you to spam everything else.
>>
File: toku_bait.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
toku_bait.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
>>14187052
>Ships aren't /m/
>Trying use a sub genre that may be mecha to justify posting non mecha sub genres in /m/.
EFFECTIVE BAIT.
>>
Toku/Sentai isn't /m/. Nor is Magic Knight Rayearth for that matter. I mean I enjoy them, but the focus on /m/ elements are incredibly minimal and in some series can be seen as non-essential or not even there. These things aren't big enough to warrant their own board, and would fit more with /jp/ or /tv/ to be honest. They're not going to be kicked out of /m/ however, so hey, whatever. Don't want to see 'em? It takes no effort at all to hide a thread. Do that and move on to whatever you are interested in.
>>
File: Grandliner.jpg (72KB, 326x400px) Image search: [Google]
Grandliner.jpg
72KB, 326x400px
>>14187029
Oh boy.

Let me tell you about the latter of the two posts you quoted.

In what is already an incredibly hype show about a family of rescue workers blowing up demons and saving lives, this family JUMPS A TRAIN OFF THE TRACKS.

AND IT COMES BACK DOWN AS A GIANT FUCKING ROBOT WHOSE ATTACKS ARE

>SHOOT IT UNTIL IT DIES
>SHOOT MISSILES AT IT UNTIL IT DIES
>PUNCH THE FUCK OUT OF IT WITH GATLING GUN AND MISSILE LAUNCHER FISTS UNTIL IT DIES

/m/ if there's ever been a tokusatsu show you should watch, it's GoGoV. It's fucking insane, Thunderbirds got nothing on this shit.
>>
File: 543212566.jpg (76KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
543212566.jpg
76KB, 639x480px
>>14187059
>So you're saying they don't.
No, anon. I'm just saying you don't know shit about toku, even the basics. LOL.

In general, people love to complain about things they don't even watched. That's the typical web defensive thinking.
>>
>>14187092
Well if you aren't willing to answer simple questions, it clearly means you have something to hide. You only have yourself to blame.

>>14187072
So it's a Sentai show. Refer to previous comment on sub genres

>>14187060
It's not bait if it's the facts.
>>
>>14184679
Only if we can have a separate board just for Gundam.
>>
File: 1461143256298.gif (2MB, 540x501px) Image search: [Google]
1461143256298.gif
2MB, 540x501px
>this entire thread
>>
>>14184796
>/lash/
Fuck, that's a cool name
>>
>>14187746
We already have a board for Gundam. It's called /m/.

toku can move to /trash/
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.