[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MSV Chronicles Johnny Ridden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: MSV Chronicles-Johnny Ridden 000.jpg (699KB, 1235x1721px) Image search: [Google]
MSV Chronicles-Johnny Ridden 000.jpg
699KB, 1235x1721px
Here is Hasegawa's spinoff, MSV Chronicles Johnny Ridden. It is in no way related to Ark Performance's MSV-R.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7y24xwqaljnej6j/MSV_Chronicles_Johnny_Ridden.zip

Updated pastebin

http://pastebin.com/zDqTp4hj

Big thanks to the gentle/m/an Delta for photoshopping and typesetting.

Next up is your scheduled dose of MSV-R Return of Johnny Ridden.
>>
>>14171295
The zaku freedom?
>>
>>14171295
>do you know the man Johnny Depp?
I went in expecting Hasegawa but man does this feel so different compared to MSV-R

Thanks for the translation OP
>>
thanks nozaku, did you hear that zeonic started translating hathaway flash?
>>
File: MSV Chronicles-Johnny Ridden 019.jpg (661KB, 1176x1704px) Image search: [Google]
MSV Chronicles-Johnny Ridden 019.jpg
661KB, 1176x1704px
HAHAHA, thats funny.
>>
>>14171295
I've been curious about Johnny Ridden's most infamous tale for quite a while now, thanks a lot for putting the work into it.
>>
File: colbert salute.gif (737KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
colbert salute.gif
737KB, 500x281px
>>14171693
>>14172592
Artwork aside (I mean it's Hasegawa), I felt the story wasn't all that bad, albeit a bit cliche.
>Hero in exile called back to fight one last big evil

>>14172482
Yes. It's fine. He can take HF. I will just work on 00P in the meantime (starting sometime in August), since it was second place in the poll from last thread. But as soon as there are signs Zeonic dropped HF, I'll pick it right back up.
>>
>>14171295
>>14173044
>Ridden, CDA,and HF all in Ingles
lovely
>>
>>14173044
Just so you're aware, Sailor Otaku/Weeaboo Shogun has showed interest in possibly picking up Blaster Mari in the future.
>>
I like the way Hasegawa does the action, not a fan of his character design, but he is really competent with his action and his characters, even more when its only 1 volume.

>>14173044
no more gundam manga till you left japan then?
>>
>>14173378
Groovy.

>>14174480
Well, as long as I have somebody to help with shopping, I should still be able to put out manga. Just maybe at a slower rate due to work and TLing a novel.
>>
>>14172527
That's pretty great.
>>
Any chance of doing any of the build fighters manga? The team ANT was on is essentially dead from what I can tell.
>>
>>14177933
I can consider it in the future, but there are other more demanded projects to be done.
>>
This is now live on Batoto.
>>
>>14180824
Do you know of the man called Nozaku? The legendary one man army gundam manga translator? He first appeared long ago as a humble anon but that has long since changed and he has now become a legend.
>>
>>14180824
hey nozaku, when you add in mangaupdates and its finished, put (end) after the volume 1 for more people know that is finished and they can have more interest in reading.
>>
>>14180894
Oh no. Deacon, whatever you might think of him, deserves that title more than I do. He's been at it for over 10 years.

>>14181590
Oh, I completely forgot about mangaupdates. Looks like somebody else updated it and put "complete" there. But thanks for the reminder.
>>
Last bump from me.
>>
>>14181598
Having more seniority at a career doesn't really mean anything if your output isn't respected too much.
>>
>>14172527
But he was super loyal to Kycillia
>>
>>14185972
Honestly, Deacon could put out a manga volume a week and he still wouldn't get respected. Regardless of his flaws, he's still been consistent at what so many before him have failed to do.
>>
>>14188564
Deacon as a person is fine (mostly) the problem is he starts a project then another and another and so on, but completely forgets about the original and then when he is asked "Hey what happened here with this?" his usually response is "Ahhhhhh brain fart I only did that because people asked for it but personally I hate the art/artist/story/design/plot etc"
>>
>>14188628
And out of all those times no one else picked up a project? There's no magic rule that says there can't be competition. Point is: no one else wants to do gundam manga period aside from these two.
>>
So. do you think anyone will ever make a conversion kit for a Bullet Zaku?

cuz I know for fact Bandai won't make a kit of that.
>>
>>14188683
well lets look at this way 4/5 years ago was the last release of CDA with vol 10, however deacon had vol 11-14 finished and ready to be released but never did it. Delta astray had up to chapter 8 finished but he dropped it and never released the chapters he had finished, and even though he has dropped under the moonlight he still releases the odd chapter. Yes i agree with you more competition is always a good thing however when you dont clarify what you are doing and giving people false hope all you end up doing is disappointing and annoying people. I have not problem with deacon dropping a project but state why you are doing it
>>
>>14188747
Again, who cares. Someone else should just step in and do crap, but guess what: they won't.
>>
>>14188747
Funny, I threw a donation bis way for something and it was released within a week (CDA 11). Imagine that.
>>
>>14188786
Deacon pls go back. The point is that it gives the illusion of work being done when there's none, which discourages potential translators.
>>
>>14188795
Lol he thinks I'm Deacon. Haha classic. I'm not Deacon. I'm just a fan who wishes more people would translate this stuff. There are no "potential" translators for gundam
>>
You know, in remember 13th anonmyous and ag gundam working on gundam crossbone. I think Deacon is slow with releases but he'll, We would still be waiting for crossbone from those guys if he didn't finish it
>>
>>14188807
Are jokes impossible for people to discern over the internet nowadays?
>>
>>14188786
but how do people know, if you ask him he either says yes/no, if its a no then that's fine, but if he says yes then you leave well enough alone and then 6/12 months down the line he says he actually dropped it but forgot to tell anyone, whos problem is it then?
>>
>>14188966
Who fucking cares? It's free god damn manga. Bitching and moaning about illegal activities is fucking hilarious. But the thing is: no one asks him. Check their Twitter and Facebook: no one asks about projects.

Classic bitching of oh he's too slow. Oh we don't know if he's working on this or that. Me me me. Want want want.

Get over it. This shit will never be licensed in America anyways.
>>
>>14188974
tweet sent
>>
Someone tweet Deacon and tell him about this thread. O wanna hear his excuses.
>>
>>14171295
>That horn

what the fug :DD
>>
>>14188974
>Who fucking cares?
Everyone but you, dumbfuck.
>>
>>14189133
Caring about FREE, ILLEGAL manga releases. Hahaha that's rich.
>>
>>14171295
Thanks for the translation.
This manga though, is just terrible. Hasegawa is a madman.
>>
>>14188974
>This shit will never be licensed in America anyways.
That's why we care, shitposter.
>>
>>14190046
The moment you download illegal scans you lose all bitching rights as to a release schedule. Honestly I don't care how long his stuff takes to come out. I'm just happy SOMEBODY is doing stuff
>>
>>14190180
But when he takes up a project and never tells anyone he drops it, we lose the chance that someone else might pick it up. He isn't the only one to do Gundam releases, you know. All the others keep good schedules.
>>
>>14190212
Where in the fantasy land of scanlations does it say someone else can't take on a project? Where? If something isn't our by a certain time then just freaking translate the shit. Who cares if he has it as a project or not.
>>
>>14190212
He's the only mainstream series provider. Nozakus series are not mainstream.
>>
>Full Bullet
>Johnny Depp

This is so good.
>>
>>14181598
>>14188564
The amount of "sorry I can't release this cuz I used it for university work" excuses were so fucking bullshit that I became more and more convinced over time that he couldn't speak Japanese at all and got his fucking teacher to do it.

Just fuck deacon man, I still remember him accusing me of hacking his website.
>>
>>14190017
Anytime.
That's fine and dandy. I'm not here to critique, just translate and evacuate the building. There was a demand and I obliged.

To be fair, Deacon's work pace was unusually good as of late. All the GoL, Thunderbolt and a few other things within the last couple of months.
Sure he has his peculiarities regarding time scheduling, but I personally respect his overall resume.

>>14190260
This pretty much. My only caveat is making sure the other person's and my own work won't go to waste. Wouldn't want to waste time TLing something only to have someone post a finished product as I'm about to finish my own rendition. After that, I'd probably just consider if it's been too long since an update to warrant considering it a dropped project. Or just bloody ask the original scanlator.

>>14190262
Yeah, consider me the bottom-feeder that finishes dropped projects.
>>
>>14190783
Nozaku can you eat Deacon's soul and take over his stuff?
>>
File: kleA8.gif (992KB, 307x236px) Image search: [Google]
kleA8.gif
992KB, 307x236px
>>14190787
I'd be doing (my GIF) taking on that many ongoing projects at once.
One good thing at a time, my good /m/an.
>>
>>14190831
Looking for Avenir bro, you know you wanna do it. the guy who's commissioning those translations is doing so at the speed of slow and it's awful.
>>
FUCK Johnny Ridden. He soiled Chars name.

Char died in the Gyrps Conflict and that spoiled brat Ridden took Chars name and completely 180'd his reputation and tried to cause one of the worst disasters in history, ruining Chars name and everything he worked for in his final years.
>>
>>14190777
Exactly how would one get a university professor to translate an assload of material when they have 300-400 students in a department to oversee with 2 hrs of office hours. I mean seriously, I could never see my department advisor during uni since they had a line out the door and they were available for an hour and a fucking half.

Wasn't the university "line" used for his Unicorn translation only though? I mean, I could see that happening... they do keep your thesis material on file for a while. They still have mine and I was told I'd get it back.

But still, wasn't that like 8 yrs ago though bro? You're still fucking butthurt over shit that happened so far in the past? You're sad and pathetic. Let it fucking go. I think you're the only one with a stick up your ass about it all

Damn, I'm showing my age if I remember all that crap from decades ago. That and well, /m/ archives are always a hoot to re-read
>>
>>14190891
There was a lot of drama.
>>
>>14188974
>>14188995
and 24 hrs later no response to the tweet in relation to what his current projects are, thats the deacon we all know and love.
>>
>>14192988
Given how frequently he tweets I think it's safe to assume he has a life?
>>
>>14192988
You seem to be the only one who is butthurt over him. Are you infatuated with him or something? Seriously dude, let it fucking go. Just enjoy the manga we have
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.