[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Living in the Universal Century

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 48

File: Rgm-89s.jpg (1MB, 1010x1673px) Image search: [Google]
Rgm-89s.jpg
1MB, 1010x1673px
You know, after that whole mess between League Militaire and BESPA, I seriously hope that's the last major conflict any of us in the Earth Sphere has to deal with.

I want to be able to take my old Stark Jegan clone out for a spin without the whole Side turning into a goddamn warzone just because a Mobile Suit's flying around. Maybe I'll get back into MS Racing or something. Save up for one of those League Militaire Gundams if they have any in surplus. Bet they'd clock in at some phenomenal speeds at the local course.
>>
ITT: autism
>>
>>14164876
>I seriously hope that's the last major conflict any of us in the Earth Sphere has to deal with
Hahaha, if only. I've been alive almost 70 years and if there's one thing that never changes, it's the wars. However, I think there's this group (in ideology only the the moment) called CONSENT that's being formed soon. It sounds pretty good to me honestly, we might be able to return to a period of economic, technological or cultural fights rather than military.
>>
>>14164888
Eh, I doubt it'll gain any steam. Now if it slapped "Zeon" in there somewhere, you bet your ass supporters would be flocking to it like flies to shit. People thought Zeon would finally lose steam when Mineva freaking Zabi unveiled the ORIGINAL Federation Charter back in 0096. Then along came Mars Zeon, who didn't get the fucking memo.

Anyone who says Zeon is dead is full of shit.
>>
File: latest-1.png (97KB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
97KB, 200x293px
My grandpa has this man-machine. He used to be a pilot but now he just spends most of his time in the farm and keeps babbling that "War is bad".

I think war is cool though. We get to see more schway robots like this. Btw, can you help me identify it? Is it one of those "Goondamn" types?
>>
>>14164888
Is this CONSENT going to do anything about the food shortage? We'll be resorting to a modest proposal within a decade at this rate.
>>
>>14164876
Did you guys hear that those guys at Metatron are recruiting people now, I saw them bring people from the Earth sphere in a white man-machine.
>>
>>14164972
Don't worry we'll manage, it's not like we'll end up eating each other.
>>
>plebs still living in the Earth Sphere

Can't hear you over us fucking awesome Newtypes leaving your shitty solar system
I think once I wake up from cold sleep in a few thousand years I'll send back one of our super advanced mobile suits for shits and gigs. Can't wait til you fucks whose souls are weighed down by gravity destroy yourselves over it
>>
>>14164876
Try the Shoal Zone at L1 if you wanna take your MS for a spin. If you got a decent ship to transport your Stark Jegan, its a good spot.
People do some racing and occasionally mock battles, though the authorities do come by a few times to check on us. If you didn't do anything against the law and you didn't piss any government official off, you're fine. Sometimes they even join in the races and mock battles.

The whole turning-into-a-warzone thing, do your place not give certified civilian transponders for civilians?
>>
>>14164876
>another fucking neo-neo-neo-neo-neo zeon war
Fucking zeeks just give up already.
>>
>>14165004
They do, they're just notoriously stingy about it. It's like doing your taxes' taxes with how much paperwork you have to sort through.

and just because you have a transponder, it doesn't mean some mook who screams more than they think won't see a Mobile Suit flying by and assume the worst.

I was on the phone for several hours over the course of several weeks trying to get this sort of shit sorted out because some old hag out in the suburbs took their dog out for a nightly shit happened to look up, and fucking panicked.
>>
>>14164967
Okay first off, it's "Mobile Suits", not Man Machines or whatever weird-ass lingo kids are coming up with these days. They've been called Mobile Suits since the One Year War and nothing's changing that.

Two, it's Gundam, and no not quite. It's more of a... prototype of what was meant to become a new line of Mass Produced Mobile Suits modeled after the Zeta Gundam. Never got off the ground since it didn't meet expectations after all the requisite cost-cutting measure to make it viable for mass production.
>>
Anyone see the fuckhuge replica "Neo Zeong" or whatever it was they were displaying one day? Jesus christ the size of that thing.
>>
Have anyone been at the Char Aznable museum in his Sweetwater house?
Interesting how people still like him. They even celebrate the day when Neo-Zeon took over the colony.
>>
>>14165101
I wonder how much money have they spent on a replica which doesn't even move.
>>
>>14165082
Oh okay. So is this "mobile suit" strong? I really can't judge since its just sitting in the barn powering Grandpa's home.
>>
>>14165101
>>14165110
What had me laughing was that poorly made Sinanju bust wedged into the thing. Like... they spent so much money on the mobile armor, they couldn't even be asked to half-ass the Mobile Suit.
>>
>>14165116
It's based off of a transforming MS, so yeah, it's pretty beefy. Doesn't quite compare to a legit Gundam, but it'd probably be a damn fine machine once it's brought up to code.
>>
>>14165004
Ain't that the place where a red shoulder Zaku Flipper won something?
>>
>>14165125
Transforms to a what? A jet? It doesn't look like it can transform. No wings, etc.

I enjoy threads like these.
>>
I saw a mysterious golden mobile suit while on-duty yesterday. What was that?
>>
>>14164876
HEY GUYS, IT'S URANUS ZEON HERE!

BRB GASSING COLONIES, LOLOLOLO
>>
>>14165148
Shouldn't it be an anniversary of Gryps conflict?
>>
File: 1340966865245.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1340966865245.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>14165139
I said it was BASED off of one... But yeah, it has a rudimentary transforming mechanism.

What your grandpa has is the Re-GZ, which stands for Refined Gundam Zeta. It was meant to be a cheaper alternative to the Zeta Gundam that could be mass produced, so they tried all sorts of cost cutting measures without making it TOTALLY terrible, which led to the development of the Back Weapons System support craft.

The main problem the Re-GZ had was that once it transformed from its waverider mode into Mobile Suit mode, the BWS would detach, and either get lost in the chaos of combat and blown up... or straight up just get lost. There was no way to remotely control the thing, since it would have cost too much money to turn the BWS into a Psycommu weapon while mass producing the thing.

There were plans to refine it into a true transformable MS, but the project was shelved before anything else could be constructed. All of two machines survived; one was used by ace pilot Amuro Ray, and the other one... well, looks like your grandpa is one of the luckiest guys around, to own a piece of engineering history like that.
>>
>>14165148
It's Anaheim's newest unit Unihorn, I think? Based on the one that was used in the Laplace Conflict
>>
>>14164999
>Newtypes leaving the solar system

This can only be a good thing. Seriously you all talk about understanding and shit but you usually end up piloting MS and driving wars anyway. At least actual humans aren't hypocrites about it.
>>
>>14165209
Why do we have to leave? I just want to stay here and bake bread.
>>
>>14165209
At least we Newtypes understand each other now.
You oldtypes are animals and sooner or later you will probably eat each other up.
>>
>>14165212
>At least we Newtypes understand each other now.

Then why do you retards end up fighting each other more often than not?
>>
>>14165209
Humans should leave the Earth so everyone could understand each other.
>>
>visit grandfather who I haven't seen in a decade
>get to talking, find out he and my grandmother were pilots for the original Zeon back in the day
>he even still has their old mobile suits, minus weapons anyway
>one looks kinda like a rick dias but it's purple and black, the other's a blue zaku looking thing
>he lets me take them both out for a spin

Wow, I can't believe how slow and clunky these old things are. Even the cockpits are shitty with small screens. Did they really go to war in these fucking things? Grandparents had some balls.
>>
>>14164876
I don't have a mobile suit cause that's taboo. Oops, gtg, my kuntala dinner is ready.
>>
>>14165212
>newtypes

Ace pilots can understand each other now?
>>
>>14164876
>I seriously hope that's the last major conflict any of us in the Earth Sphere has to deal with.

Me, too, man. But we both know that's not going to happen. War never changes.

Wish there were other ways humanity can resolve their differences that didn't result mass genocide. Like maybe a gladiator-like tournament where champions from each colony would duel each other to determine who gets to rule the Earth sphere for a while. Maybe like for 4 years so it's same when presidents get elected into office. And they'll hold all the fights on Earth so that the battlefield would be far from the colonies.

Or maybe I'm just being autistic. It's too silly to ever happen...Right?
>>
>>14164876
Redpill me on newtypes.
Why Zeon did everything wrong?
>>
>>14165313
Because Zabi have betrayed the ideals of Zeon Deikun, couldn't make the colonists join them in major numbers and spent most of their human and economical resources on shitty experimental weapons
>>
>>14165313
another butthurt soul weighed down by gravity
you won't be laughing when us Newtypes are living in another star system, UNDERSTANDING each other while you oldtypes continue to butcher each other
>>
File: electric zeek.png (168KB, 501x595px) Image search: [Google]
electric zeek.png
168KB, 501x595px
>>
>>14165245
THAT'S NO ZAKU, MY BOY!
>>
File: AmuroUnicornW.jpg (165KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AmuroUnicornW.jpg
165KB, 600x1000px
>>14165219
Because extreme human ability is usually unlocked via massive stress. Like being on a battlefield.
>>
File: yazz.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
yazz.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>14165271
>he thinks all ace pilots are newtypes
>>
>>14165067
You should just get a ship and pilot your MS further away if that's the case. Its also why I started going to the Shoal Zone, the people here aren't as paranoid unless you're flying a Zaku or something with a mono eye, but there's always that one paranoid shit calling the authorities on your harmless MS that's just passing by.

The regulars at the Shoal Zone can get you a good deal on small ships if you need one. There's also some guys that go regularly from various places so you might be able to hitch a ride on their ships depending on where you are.
>>
>>14165391
>something with a mono eye
So THAT'S why I nearly got arrested for flying my Stark Jegan.
>>
>>14165392
You have a mono eye on that Stark Jegan?
Are the head's internals from a Zeon MS?
>>
>>14165344
>he actually believes in zeek propaganda where people will magically turn into space espers
>>
>>14165391
Good to know. I live out in Side 1, AKA "Junk Collector Country".

People out here are friendly, but they're also fucking cutthroats when it comes to anything related to Junk, Mobile Suits, and mobile suit junk. They'd probably charge me an arm and a leg for a ride out to the Shoal Zones.

>>14165392
Do you not have the Jegan's protective visor equipped or something? Might be why.

Me, my Stark Jegan is just a reproduction; A lot of parts are just fabricated from scratch, or donated from other Jegan models. If it was an original Stark Jegan, it'd probably have raised a lot less eyebrows, maybe.
>>
File: RGM-79N-Fb.jpg (23KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
RGM-79N-Fb.jpg
23KB, 240x300px
Speaking of Mobile Suit racing, I found the remains of what looked like a Gundam, but it wasn't like any Gundam I'd ever seen before. Had some booster pods that had an obscene range of motion. Salvaged what I could from it, and grafted the parts onto my old GM Custom.

Painted the whole thing up in classic Feddie white and red, too.

Whole thing's sort of a sleeper; looks real clean, but it's a monster under all that armor. Replaced the arms with old Konpeitoh GM Quel arms, and paid a guy to fabricate armor for the whole setup out of a Gundarium-Ceramic composite like they use in the newer suits so it would be a lot lighter, and take a lot more punishment than its old titanium-ceramic composite. Stuck a Jamesgun's power plant and a panoramic cockpit block into the thing, and I gotta tell you, this thing handles like a dream.
>>
>>14165318
Yeah,if your body dosen't become skeletons due to oer exposure to microgravity and radiations until you actually reach some decent planet.
>>
>>14167787
>Do you not have the Jegan's protective visor equipped or something?
The "eye" light apparently shines really brightly through the visor. I've never seen it myself but that's what my mates tell me. I have been hearing an odd "Bwwoomm" kind of noise whenever I ambush people in mock battles though.
>>
>>14165082
>Okay first off, it's "Mobile Suits", not Man Machines or whatever weird-ass lingo kids are coming up with these days.

In Tomino's Gaia Gear they're called man machines and not mobile suits, so yeah.
>>
>>14167787
>Side 1
Ah, I did some business there a few times. The people even bargain for a cheaper price for a fucking sensor array. What the fuck man, its a common as fuck sensor array one can get from almost everywhere that sells MS parts.
Nasty place to sell shit to unless you're selling rare shit, though they do sell good stuff there.

Assuming you're not going to the Shoal Zone to salvage stuff, find Jake. His ship is called the Shoal Ferry. You might be able to get a ride from him for a low price, though a gift of rare parts can get you a lifetime pass to ride his ship to the Shoal Zone.
Don't try to salvage shit and get them back home on his ship though, he'll ditch you there. A few Side 1 folks had to sleep in their MS at the Shoal Zone for weeks because they did that and wasn't allowed into his ship unless they dropped the junk they salvaged.
>>
>>14168557
Literally who the fuck are you and who is Tomino? Get out of here and don't come back without a proper mobile suit.

Speaking of proper MS, I think I found something CRAZY. Check it out, it's a blueprint or design of some sort for a super-secret Gundam type. I've only got an old Sniper Custom lying around so I'm not expert on this. Could somebody tell me if this is legit? Would a technical expert be able to bring these plans to life? Or were they been built long ago and were never recorded on public file? Thanks in advance, I'm really excited to know.
>>
>>14168579
Looks like some LARPer's attempt at Gundam blueprints.
>>
Was doing some scavenging around the old Side 4 wreckage, not a ton of stuff left, but I found what looks like an old EFSF shield, and the remains of what looks like a Gundam head, how many Gundam types did they field in 0079 anyway?Bbecause this thing's got a pretty sexy paint job with the dark blue instead of red.
>>
File: image.gif (31KB, 309x372px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
31KB, 309x372px
I need your opinion on something guys. I been trying to modify a old one year war gouf for space but my wife keeps saying it's impossible. So do you guys thinks it's impossible or possible
>>
>>14168942
Side 4? You mean that lightning filled dump? I'm not going anywhere near that place, don't want to get roasted alive.
>>
>>14168942
I heard they flelded about 5 Gundam types but I also heard there was a new model of mobile suit that used Gundam parts so maybe you found that and not a Gundam
>>
File: rx-0.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rx-0.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
hey guys, just want to give you a heads up that there is a dealer out there trying to dupe people into buying a 'gundam type'

pic related. Luckily this clown wasnt very bright as this clearly is not one and some sort of shitty ass GM.
>>
>>14168984
What kind of faggot makes a unicorn mobile suit
>>
>>14168989
For a bootleg they really added some cool features, so shut up. Imagine ramming someone with that horn at full speed!

Wait, the horn is for ramming, right?
>>
>>14168993
Why would you ram with that thing anyways
>>
>>14168993
>Today's kids don't recognize a commander's antenna when see one
>>
>>14169004
commander antennas were a bad idea from the start
>>
>>14169025
How do you solve the problem of Minovsky particles affecting the radio waves?
>>
>>14169046
But mobile suits like the gm got along fine without the stupid horn
>>
>>14169046

Semaphore flags.
>>
>>14169055
The first GM wasn't really thrown at anything that numbers couldn't handle

Most of the contemporary oyw GM variants and successors sport antennae of some sort
>>
So what do you guys think of the rumors that the leader of neo Zeon was hot
>>
Which leader?
If you're talking about Char, then everybody knew about his numerous love affairs until he died. Dude had some taste.
>>
>>14169099
Haman I heard she was hot
>>
>>14169121
As far as I remember, she never had any lovers or favorites.
And her looks... She obviously tries to look dominant. Maybe she felt herself weak in some way.
>>
>>14169130
Or maybe she was just a cunt
>>
File: 2V_Core.png (42KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
2V_Core.png
42KB, 275x200px
So, me and my bro went into an old BESPA storage facility, to see if there was some junk we could salvage, and sell for a nice profit.

We ended up finding this.

It looked like a League Militaire Core Fighter, but the equipment attached to it didn't quite match anything I'd seen in what photos that were released. Not only that, but my bro managed to get the fighter online, and it's definitely running a BESPA-made OS... but it's like nothing we've ever seen. For one, it has a functioning Minovsky Drive.

Let me reiterate; BESPA MADE A FUNCTIONING MS-SIZED MINOVSKY DRIVE.

Kinda makes me glad they never got to field anything equipped with one during the war.
>>
>>14169184
That's more like it.
By the way, what happened to Char's last mistress? I've heard that she became a go teacher. Wonder who even plays go in our era.
>>
File: 96473021.jpg (174KB, 790x1082px) Image search: [Google]
96473021.jpg
174KB, 790x1082px
colony traveler here

have any of you guys went to 'Magallanica'? sounds really exciting place to go, especially because of the space aurora phenomena and misterious white MS

i'd like to go to Babylonia next but not sure if it's save yet
>>
File: 1405810397725.jpg (107KB, 379x795px) Image search: [Google]
1405810397725.jpg
107KB, 379x795px
So guys, I've been looking back through a number of files from the various wars involving Zeon, and I've noticed a weird trend. Why are there so many attractive girls working for Zeon?

I mean, I'm not even kidding on this, I've looked at various profiles of soldiers during the wars, and I couldn't find a single woman who was not attractive or cute in some way.

What is Zeon's secret, guys? Is it Newtype bullshit, or some sort of spacenoid miracle beauty treatment? I'm stumped here, anyone know anything?

Here's just one example I pulled from some old photo album, just to prove the point.
>>
>>14169339
I dunno, I'm more of a fan of Londo Bell in terms of cute girls right now. Ever heard of "Sayla Mass"?
>>
File: 14604807460442.jpg (57KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
14604807460442.jpg
57KB, 720x480px
>>14169339
This is a war propaganda album, she was probably paid for it.
Here's a photo of a real Zeon girl. She's pretty beautiful for an indian.
>>
>>14169305
you sounds alright

don't go to Side 3 tomorrow
>>
>>14169356
>She's pretty beautiful for an indian.

My point still stands. Beautiful woman in Zeon, and that was only one photo, I have a number from various sources which are all attractive.
>>
>>14169339
Oh you didn't know that Zeon and the Neo-Zeon factions actually hired tons of attractive models in the industry to recruit people and to shove more propaganda?

Its kinda funny when you think about it.
>>
>>14169374
Those who are real Zeon soldier girls may have pretty questionable past and morality.
There's enough beauties on both sides of the barricades.
>>
>>14169402
I'm just still stumped on how almost all of their female pilots are attractive in some manner. Even the older women are at least within the range of "I'd tap that" for most men I know.

Makes you wonder where they managed to recruit all of these girls, with the models they hired for propaganda not counting.
>>
>>14169406
Anon some of those models were forced to pilot.

Usually the ones that piloted did not survive.
>>
So has anyone tried to explore the ruins of jaburo
>>
>>14169414
That's kind of sad, Anon. But I guess that's just how the war was. The Feds took a load of casualties from making barely trained GM pilots take the field, at least in comparison to the more veteran Zeon pilots at the time.
>>
I'm in North America doing some business and there's this group selling fully working, so they claim, replicas of OYW suits. But to get around copyrights they call them different names, like they call their Zaku II a "Borjarnon".

Tempted to get one cause I've always wanted a Zaku II when I was a kid and the only place I've ever seen them are in museums. But I can't help but feel like this is some kind of scam.

Has anyone ever dealt with these Borjarnons before?
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 540x390px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 540x390px
Was there any reason why Zeon didn't mass produce this thing
>>
>>14169429
Oh those are just Zakus.

Just some Louisiana fucks called them that because they thought they were being cute.
>>
>>14169430
Stupidity from the higher ups, friend.
>>
File: image.png (70KB, 279x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70KB, 279x406px
>>14169429
They seem to be a bit odd. But it's the closest thing you going to get to a zaku 2 unless you pay the big bucks for a real zaku 2
>>
>>14169444
Why not just get a reproduction Zaku 2? They sell for pretty cheap, and are to spec with a legit Zaku 2 from the OYW.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 284x284px
How much of a fuck up was the pliot of the Mudrock to lose to just a few outdated Zeon ms
>>
>>14169458
Hmm, that depends entirely on the skill level of the Zeon MS pilots in question. If they were hardcore veterans, I can understand why they'd still be hard as hell to fight even with their outdated MS.

If they were complete scrubs and the Mudrock pilot still lost? Then he was a major fuck up.
>>
>>14169450
Cause In my shithole of a colony all the ms dealers are "muh real oyw mobile suits" and won't sell reproduction suits
>>
>>14169471
Jeez, that sucks man. Tell ya what, I have an offer for you. I've got an old Zaku 2 I don't use anymore, since I started piloting my Zaku 3 for mock battles and events in my colony.

I don't really need it, since I have a late model Zaku 2 anyway, and the old one is baseline, original production spec. I'd be willing to ship it out to you, I have a friend with a transport ship I can borrow off him.

I'll give you a fair price since it's just a reproduction, nothing original in it.
>>
>>14169356
What the fuck is an "Indian?" She's a Zeek, spacenoid, right? Is an Indian some kind of newtype?
>>
File: SmellyDumbSpacenoidScum.jpg (543KB, 1740x1836px) Image search: [Google]
SmellyDumbSpacenoidScum.jpg
543KB, 1740x1836px
>this thread
>>
>>14169483
Thanks for the often But I can't accept I am living paycheck to paycheck So I probably couldn't afford it
>>
File: Ms-09.jpg (200KB, 375x518px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-09.jpg
200KB, 375x518px
My side has some mock battles that I do enjoy watching but never really felt the urge to go beyond that.

However I somehow won a Dom in a card game, not a Rick Dom, just a regular Dom. Or at least a reproduction anyway. I'd kind of like to try a mock battle at least once or twice but this thing is made for land and they all mock fight in space.

I don't know more about MS than any other average person. What'd it take to make this space worthy? It also didn't come with any of the equipment, no heat saber, no bazooka, no scattering beam gun, etc. If it ends up being too expensive I may just sell it and either pocket the cash or get a different MS.
>>
File: green GM.jpg (107KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
green GM.jpg
107KB, 800x593px
>>14169417
been there, there's s lot of old MS scraps lying around everywhere

i found a wreckage of very odd GM variant
>>
>>14169508
The great thing about the Dom is that it can use pretty much any Zaku or Gouf weapon, so you can just use those since they're pretty cheap.

To get the thing space worthy, you'd just need to find the parts and get them onto your MS, since the Rick Dom is very similar to the regular Dom. Price will depend on where you are and the quality.
>>
So my grandpa told my about a ms program he worked on during the oyw called exam but I can't find any mobile suits with that program installed does anyone know if it was real or is my grandpa just going crazy
>>
>>14169511
My dad had one of those things lying around he said it's called a nemo And that the aeug used them
>>
>>14169508
>What'd it take to make this space worthy?
1st step, make sure the hatches and such are airtight before you do anything. The pilot suit will help you, but making sure its airtight and the life support system onboard is functional is a generally considered to be a good idea. You want to make sure you can take out your pilot suit to patch yourself up in the cockpit if you somehow got injured, or if your pilot suit has a fucking hole in it, or if you somehow got your MS into water(You don't want water to go into the cockpit, trust me. Especially if its an old machine, old electronics don't like water).
>>
~Living here in Side 3 fighting feddies from afar~
>>
>>14169518
>it can use pretty much any Zaku or Gouf weapon, so you can just use those since they're pretty cheap.

Didn't know that. Pretty neato. This is my first MS so I've never had to look for parts or maintenance stuff before. Still trying to figure out what's considered a good price. Though I don't think I have that much choice since there's only one place that sells MS parts in my side.

>>14169538
I'll keep all that in mind, thanks. Need to get a space suit. Any recommendations on that?
>>
>>14169548
G.I. Jim is better.
>>
>>14169559
>Any recommendations on that?
Well, you want one that doesn't get in the way of your arms and legs and is not bulky.

There's only a few companies that does space suits and the pilot suits are practically the same across the different brands anyway. Just make sure to buy one from a place that allows you to exchange for a new one if you got a damaged or faulty one.
>>
>>14169490
Indian is an ethnicity, Zeon is her side in a war. Newtype is her genetic type.
>>
File: rasta.png (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
rasta.png
53KB, 300x300px
>>14169559
>Need to get a space suit. Any recommendations on that?

I'd recommend you pick up the latest Iron Shirt model from Grand Lion. The rastas were one of the first demographics to migrate from Earth pre-UC, following work as zero-g welders on the colonies. Those motherfuckers have been doing suit work for over a century now, and they know enough not to skimp on safety and functionality.

Downside is that Grand Lion's suits are kind of expensive (even though the Iron Shirt is their "entry-level" model), and the everything you can buy from them smells like a hydroponics facility.
>>
Is it possible to become a newtype through mock space mobile suit battles? Because I damn well want to try.
>>
>>14169801
You play in mock space battles so you're already retarded. Which is basically the same thing.
>>
>>14169814
Would you prefer it if I joined the military then?
>>
>>14169834
You're either going to be drafted or gassed when the next war breaks out. Might as well take the option where you have a slightly better chance of surviving and do it before it actually starts so you can get more training.
>>
File: wjk.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wjk.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>mfw stuck living in the Earth Sphere
>>
>>14169349
She is as zeek as it gets.
>>
>>14169874
I didn't know Londo Bell was part of Zeon.
>>
>>14169801
The thing with Newtypes is, there is no for sure way to know if you'll become one. Think of all the Oldtype veterans and aces, they fought for years but got squat. It's all genetic or something...

Although I hear there is something called a Cyber Newtype, or something like that. You could try going for that, but I dunno if it'd be the same thing as a regular Newtype.
>>
File: titans.jpg (160KB, 472x600px) Image search: [Google]
titans.jpg
160KB, 472x600px
Is there actually any proof that zeon actually did the colony drop, why would they kill their potential allies? Now if you ask me it was a false flag operation done by the feddies just like laplace.
>>
>>14169887
Sayla Mass never was a part of LondoBell. She became a founder of a private clinic. Or a doctor at one clinic, I'm not sure
>>
>>14170248

Gihren outright ordering it, namely. If you wanna count The Origin.

Or the fact that you actually help carry it out in a mission in Missing Link. As a Zeek pilot.
>>
File: just cuck my shit up tbh fam.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
just cuck my shit up tbh fam.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>14170295
>name fags not understanding how these threads work
>>
>>14170314
>Actually having these autistic threads in the first place
>>
>>14170295
>If you wanna count The Origin.

Dude, no body cares about those movies that changed shit to make it more "dramatic" or whatever.
>>
File: newtype.png (307KB, 448x609px) Image search: [Google]
newtype.png
307KB, 448x609px
>>14170322
>where do you think we are.jpg
>>
>>14170322
>autistic

The correct term is newtype you intolerant shit, I bet you're from the Earth Sphere.
>>
>>14164876
>I seriously hope that's the last major conflict any of us in the Earth Sphere has to deal with.
You do remember the old saying, right?

>It's called the One Year War because another one happens every year.
>>
>>14169430
Technically it was just sort of slow and a Zaku tank with a backpack cannon could reasonably do what it did, albeit with less firepower/adaptability.
>>
>>14169458
The Midnight Fenrir team was a hand-selected group of skilled soldiers by Kycilia Zabi. They were (yet another) one of her secret squirrel pet projects that sucked up Zeonic funding to make a super-MS squadron.

I remember they had enough mobile suits to essentially fight Odessa by themselves had they enough pilots to mobilize all of them.
>due to game mechanics of Zeonic Front always giving you two extra bots in equivalently pimped-out mobile suits per named pilot in every mission
>altogether that would mean that they had like a hundred mobile suits in their hangar, with each pilot having 1-2 different suits to select from, and each of them getting two bot MS that are ostensibly piloted by nameless grunts
>>
>>14170395
How did Zeon fund its war effort anyway, I doubt they had that good of an economy considering they were y'know, gassing entire colonies then dropping them onto earth. Colonies which could have provided more resources if captured, but they destroyed them instead.
>>
>>14169531
You guys checked them for radiation, right?
>>
>>14170527
>radiation
What is this, the dark ages?
>>
>>14168955
It's a tough time, but if you're smart about what you're doing and know how to properly shield your craft you can scavenge just like normal places.

>>14168956
Nah, this thing's a Gundam, V-Fin and all, I even found what looks like the arm of a GM, but if there's more I haven't found it.
>>
>>14170506
I assume it was a lot of spending based on credit to their three main mobile weapons companies (Zeonic, Zimmad, MiP). They somehow probably forced the control of inflation from the assuredly rampant spending within Zeon's own economic sphere.
Had they won the war though, that debt would have been borne out by the remnants of the Federation as reparations, so at the time it made sense: you go all-in with everything you've got on the line. That was the Zabi gamble of the OYW.

And even after that, unlike a lot of defeated nations, the assets of those same mobile weapons companies after the war were worth SO DAMN MUCH that the Republic of Zeon sold off those companies (and their technology) in a bidding war to the Federation and Anaheim Electronics to cover their war debts.

It's impressive honestly. Truly, Zeon was ten years ahead of the game in MS technology.
>>
>>14165116
>Sitting in the barn
>Powering grampa's home

...you have a 50+ ton nuclear powered war machine sitting in your barn and you use it to turn the lights on.

You do know the beam sabers can be made to make a hot tub, right?
>>
>>14165308
I hope not. One of my co-workers were going on about the "Gundam of Gundams".

Really, the term just makes me want to cry.
>>
>>14169406
Apparently, there was a big initiative to beautify everything with tits way back before the OYW. Something about improving morale and recruitment rates. Spent a couple of mobile suits worth on cosmetics alone. You could opt out but every woman I knew signed up.

Apparently, the expenses are still on the books and nobody has bothered to get rid of them for some reason.
>>
>>14169417
I did once. Some jackass in a gelgoog started shooting at me.
>>
>>14170769
>gelgoog in Jaburo ruins
Are you high
>>
>>14169430
Mostly, the higher ups didn't want to bother with adding a new suit to the roster when the current ones were fine and by the time the GMs came out nobody thought a tank was going to stand up to beam weapons.

That and all of Zeon was convinced that charging into melee was the best idea ever.
>>
>>14170770
>he doesn't know MSV-R
you silly sausage
>>
>>14170782
>That and all of Zeon was convinced that charging into melee was the best idea ever.
It was technically a valid plan, since shooting matches against enemies with beam weaponry is just volunteering to be a shooting range target.

No matter what was thrown at Zeon, in close-combat, they technically were able to at least TRY to get MS kills, since their thermal close combat weaponry still can cut Gundarium/Luna Titanium.
Yes, GMs have beam sabers, but technically a heat hawk isn't quite so bad compared to, say, a beam spray gun vs a Zaku machine gun (low penetration) or Dom bazooka (far less shots per magazine and much heavier and more unwieldy).
>>
>>14170788
That was earthnoid propaganda
>>
>>14169406
Space and low gravity life in the colonies is generally better for women.

Conversely space has the opposite effect for men: it has a tendency to give them dad-gut by middle age, and make the squatter and shorter.
>>
>>14170782
>charging into melee was the best idea ever
Technically you have better survival there with your average Zeonic weaponry than in a ranged battle with OYW GMs with a couple Gundam variants mixed-in.
>>
File: sniper.gif (15KB, 185x160px) Image search: [Google]
sniper.gif
15KB, 185x160px
>>14170770
I Wish, I wouldn't have holes in my HyGogg then.

But this Gelgoog? It had stripes on it. Never saw anything like it.
>>
So who came up with transforming mobile suits anyways
>>
Was there only one big zam or were there multiple prototypes
>>
>>14170952
Didn't you see that MP big zam that was on the old documentaries? Shame it was only a limited-prod run.

>>14170823
Why is it a zebra
>>
>>14170253
Wasn't she a core booster pilot during the laplace box events?
>>
>>14171808
Nope. She was only active during the One Year War. Some say she flew a Core Booster, some say she flew some kind of experimental support craft for the Gundam, and others say she piloted a custom GM.

There were rumors that she'd been working behind the scenes during the First Neo Zeon War, but they're just that; rumors.
>>
who keeps perpetuating the conspiracy theory that quattro is the red comet
>>
>>14171954
Quattro Bajeena, I think.
>>
Did you guys see that big satellite dish thing they're building outside Von Braun? I heard it was a microwave power transmitter.
>>
>>14172089
Microwave Power Transmitter?

How in the hell would something like that even work? For what purpose?
>>
>>14172600
It fires a beam of microwave radiation that charges special power cells on satellites. It's more than enough power for your average colony. Beats me what they need it for.
>>
>>14172609
maybe so that a another colony drop can't happen
>>
So my ms dealer is have a going out of business sale and they got a bundle of Zeon mobile suit weapons for about 800 credits but I also found barzam hardly used going for about 2300 so should I get a bundle or two or the barzam
>>
>>14172674
Barzam
>>
>>14172674
Get both
>>
>>14176155
Can't only have 2500 credits
>>
Just to ask something a little off-topic.
Do anyone here actually listen to music while piloting in combat?
I've heard some unit on both sides doing that kind of shit. IIRC they're on some asteroid fields or something.
It's kind of stupid to me. Do you really need that kind of distraction on the battlefield?
>>
>>14176217
>in combat
kek, good luck finding any veterans here. 99.5% of the posers here, if not all of them, are just hobbyists. I listen if I'm just cruising but if I'm doing sims then I have to have 100% of my focus on the battle. I don't see how music can help when there are audio signals you have to pay attention to.
>>
File: gundamsuper-armedtank.jpg (72KB, 400x336px) Image search: [Google]
gundamsuper-armedtank.jpg
72KB, 400x336px
i saw this at some junkyard dealer in some far off colony looks like some cobbled monstrosity i didn't buy it because it looks worthless for space and with the amount of weapon systems i see on it i loath the idea of the ammo upkeep costs to keep it well stocked.
>>
File: Clusterfuck.jpg (86KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
Clusterfuck.jpg
86KB, 400x390px
i also saw this monstrosity at the same place person said it was a space close combat unit but there's no way in hell i'd pilot such a outlandish looking machine.
>>
>>14176298
>>14176300
Those are choice compared these huge brick-shaped trucks this guy is trying to push onto me. They look rickety as fuck and he says they're actually mobile armors.
>>
>>14176298
Do you know how much it would cost just to use that Thing just once
>>
>>14176214
Isn't there a bunch of Zeon MS weapons?
Get the Barzam, and negotiate for a few of the weapons in the bundle.

2500 creds for a MS and some weapons is a very good deal.
>>
>>14176397
the only things i could get are a heat hawk and a zaku 1 machine gun
>>
>>14176407
>Zaku I machine gun
If that's an original, that sells for quite a bit. Check the serial number.
>>
>>14176418
No it's a reproduction one
>>
GUYS HOLY FUCK

I don't know how in the fuck it happened, but I swear to Jesus, God, Buddha, the Dalai Lama, and whoever else I could think of, saw the trippiest shit. You know how there have been these rumors of an Axis Shock-like phenomenon, where people can see glimpses of what looks like an all white Gundam and a blinged out Sazabi? This was kind of like that, except it wasn't a fucking illusion or hallucination.

Me and the boys are working on busting open the cockpit hatch, and making sure this is the real deal, and its pilot is the real deal.

I never fucking believed in time travel up until now, but now I'm freaking the fuck out.
>>
>>14176506
Nice try. >>>/x/ for your roleplay shit. If you aren't a Newtype using psycommu technology, that's impossible, and if you are then you're in the military, which means you can't be posting here. It amazes me that people still fall for fairy tales nowadays, especially when they jump on the "white Gundam + giant red MA" bandwagon to make their story seem realistic. Probably an Earthnoid retard.

Anyway has anybody nabbed a seaworthy aquatic MS? I've heard they get rusted basically beyond repair if they're not cleaned correctly, which happened to ones in the past. I'm thinking of trading for one but what do I look out for? Is the rust thing a myth to drive up prices or should I be looking for something? Obviously it looks decent at a glance but otherwise I can't tell.
>>
How much does a mp nu Gundam go for nowadays
>>
Kuntala here, stop telling us to go back to /ck/, you insensitive fucks. I swear to fuck, the day of the rope is coming, just you all wait and see.

KUNTALA PRIDE, WORLD WIDE!
>>
>>14170708
>You do know the beam sabers can be made to make a hot tub, right?
Speaking of which, I've seen some rural places use old MS in rather creative ways.
There was this one place I've went to that hooked up the parts of old Zakus to their local radio station, and the best part was that they hooked up the mono eyes they had on one of the nearby mountains.
You know how Zaku mono eyes glow pretty damn brightly? Once, when they got raided by bandits and their radio facility was destroyed, someone went and called for help using the mono eyes, morse code and all. An hours later, a squad of feddies come in and took out all the bandits.
>>
>>14169430
No idea but nowadays maintenance is a bit of bitchy old wife. Thank gods it was designed around modules and modern farming equipment is somewhat compatible. Good look look with finding replacement barrels thou.
>>14170388
Hild is anything but slow. It is however very limited in close and middle range combat, making it highly specialized vehicle. It is still excellent artillery platform as long as you can play to it's strenghts and with lots of internal space it easily accepts bigger powerplants. Being capable of non stop barrage fire with twin beam gatlings is a nasty surprise for anyone that shows himself over horizon.

On unrelated note, stuck on Luna orbit, can anybody with a Jabber or a shuttle pic me up? I've run dry on nukes.
>>
>>14177208
Guntanks, the mass produced ones are popular tracktors in euroasia. Not many joints to maintain, are cheap to operate and are small enough that rigging farming equipment is fairy easy without dedicated maintenance depot.
I've also saw once a group of total madmen that where fishing for whales with some ungodly mix of early gen GMs and ...i think it was Capule. Anyway, they were using those, some cargo ships and frickin electrified nets to great effect.
Ah. Bespas road army thingies are pretty popular as landtrains.
>>
guys what's wrong this is a cartoon for kids this isn't real life

what is happening ITT are you all delusional omg I'm scared
>>
File: cannons_comparison.jpg (2MB, 6750x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cannons_comparison.jpg
2MB, 6750x1500px
>>14177402
>just a roleplay thread, nothing to Puru about.
>afraid of little meta?
>>14177208
Those in particular. Bipeds tend to be shunned by agriculture communities as they tend to ruin fields. Mobile suits are used in construction but only when they are in surplus and tend to be discarded if broken - dwdixated equipment is just that much cheaper to operate.
Thou at least one pmc took zeek armor they found somewhere, slammed it on surplus Jims, painted white and added some blue and red police lights here and there. Are now guarding some coastal city in asia.
>>
>>14177451
Many places sell MS that they have no use for in pieces.
They keep the reactor to power their towns, and the cockpit block is to control the reactor if needed. Works pretty well if they set it up right.

Came across a few places with leaking reactors though, good thing it isn't radioactive and its just the slight jamming effect from the minovsky, then there's some places that got their homebrew reactor setup explode because a stray beam hit it and there goes the entire town.
>>
File: Rx-94.jpg (50KB, 215x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-94.jpg
50KB, 215x400px
>>14177346
I'll be there soon riding an MP Nu I was lucky enough to win in an auction, painted up in RX-78-1 colors. Can't miss it. Can you give me something I should watch out for?
>>
>>14179274
Hildolfr stuck on low lunar orbit. I've hooked myself for a job on the surface and kinda miscalculated just how much booms I would need for breaking. I just need a little nudge to go down. Pretty views thou.

>>14178973
Well, cracked reactor shielding might explain why so many Newtypes have been born in this generation. Exposure is a thing after all.
>>
>>14179964
>cracked reactor shielding
You'll be surprised with the amount of messed up reactors you'll see as a reactor technician.
I didn't even know this was part of the job, fixing up people's home made reactor power grids.

Just imagine this, you work in the big city's powerplant, big nice reactors with plenty of shielding and cooling, and one day your boss comes in and reassigns you to the "response team" because one of their guys died. Turns out we got a fucking squad that deals with fucked up MS reactor incidents in the area.
There was this one call we got, apparently they got lots of jamming and traced it back to a small town. Okay, damaged shielding, right?
Nope, turns out they put their MS reactor, that doesn't have a fucking cooling system, into a fucking nearby river. Water cooling, it works, but still. A significant chunk of the shielding isn't there, by the way.
The minovsky leak out of that hole in the shielding, then went downstream with the water, jamming every fucking village and town downstream that relies on that fucking river.

The posters and shit telling people to get certified technicians to fix up the reactors for them if they want to convert it to their home's power supply is all due to idiots who think they can do it better than certified technicians.
>>
>>14180016
Okay, that's impressive. I mean, I do fly a tank in space and use nukes as breaking engines but this your story is just scary. Worse thing I saw was martian kids racing in hotrods built from MS junk and running exposed exhaust on those. Pretty sparkles everywhere but at least contamination stayed on the wastelands. Then again, current population of Mars is pretty much space orcs - they have lots of junk lying around and nothing to do for most of the time and whole planet to play with.
>>
>>14169430
Too practical
>>
File: 51166261_p2.png (398KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
51166261_p2.png
398KB, 600x850px
>>14180047
Speaking of riced-out Mobile Suits, there was this one guy who was crazy enough to run through the Thunderbolt Sector in something that looked like the lovechild between the Zeta Gundam and a Delta Plus that decided that it wanted to be the fucking Vic Viper when it grew up.

They succeeded, mind you; otherwise I wouldn't be posting about them.

Points for creativity I guess, but wing binders on the rear skirts seems kind of silly, no matter the justification.
>>
File: Naamloos12.jpg (70KB, 615x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos12.jpg
70KB, 615x350px
>>14180180
>Vic Viper
You don't say.
>>
File: 23833-3.jpg (235KB, 770x1027px) Image search: [Google]
23833-3.jpg
235KB, 770x1027px
Thou for the love of Purus i can't recognize on what it is based on. Aesthetics scream federation but nothing fits. And it seems they run twin minowsky reactor setup that is air cooled, as everytime I saw this thing flown it left trail of particles. Which was cool at first, as they were red tinted but then I've realized what exactly I'm watching.
Damn, europe on Earth is a strange place.
>>
How do we make Sides less fucking delicate?

We can't put capital ship weapons on them, because that makes them military targets as opposed to the usual gassing victim or oversized projectile to be hurled at some base.

If there was a mandate that all sides needed a modest fleet of mobile suits and trained pilots, how soon would it be before they start fighting each other?
>>
>>14180442
Airlocks. Modular design.

And beam shields. Seriously.
>>
File: MS-14PG.png (212KB, 1646x2201px) Image search: [Google]
MS-14PG.png
212KB, 1646x2201px
>>14177208
The Fed actually did their jobs? Holy shit.
I dug one of these out o an old Anaheim storage depot on the Moon. There was an old picture in the cockpit of a dark-haired woman. The mech was pink and gold, though. Did someone repaint it like this as a joke?
>>
>>14180405
Ya see, that there is one o' them Federation prototypes to test a trans-forming mechanism, pretty sure my cousin Bennie has one sittin' round his property. He's an expert at this kinda stuff. Now I ain't Bennie but I'd say that's Titans, no doubt. Fits right in with their MO. I'll bet yer fancy custom boy just broke the reactor like a damn idiot, probably fer tryin'a put two on one Mobile Suit. Burning excess power, ya know? Anyway it's probably a heap o' scrap now.
>>
File: Lm313v10.jpg (254KB, 764x633px) Image search: [Google]
Lm313v10.jpg
254KB, 764x633px
>>14169215 here.

So me and my bro managed to get our hands on some refurbished Victory Gundam Hexa parts, and we tried combining the top and bottom parts with the BESPA-made Core Fighter. To our surprise, the parts were compatible, and everything functioned as intended.

I decided to test out the Minovsky Drive installed into the MS, and the thing is crazy fast. Plotted a course to Mars, and it took the thing less than two days to reach the destination.

TWO DAYS. IN A MOBILE SUIT.

Imagining scaling that up, and sticking it into something like a Clop-class ship.

Why in the hell we don't see this kind of tech installed in more ships, I'll never know. It'd make space travel much quicker and easier.
>>
>>14180180
>UC 0086: Federation and AEUG try to perfect transforming using their full military knowledge
>today: Any fag with half-decent engineering skills and a copy of "Variable Mechanics" can redesign a mobile suit
Magic
>>
>>14182505
You guys ever think that one Kamille Bidan guy who made the Zeta Gundam gets super salty when he hears about the latest bastardizations of his design?

Like... First they try and take his design and mass produce it, and as they try to make it cheaper to produce, they just make it shittier and shittier.

Then when they DO make a Mass-produced version, it doesn't even use the Zeta's frame, but the freaking METHUSS as a base, of all things.

If people tried to mass produce my work, and they did a shit job of it, I know I'd be mad as hell.
>>
>>14169356
POO IN LOO
>>
>>14182563
On the other hand I'd imagine it's a pretty hard system to mass produce. It's fragile, finicky, not great for non-aces, even crappier in the atmosphere, and so on. Could you imagine how expensive arming everyone with Zetas would be? And screw you too, Zeta derivatives are great.
>>
>>14182565
I thought that those jokes have gone.
>>
File: Msz-006c1-wr.jpg (98KB, 767x328px) Image search: [Google]
Msz-006c1-wr.jpg
98KB, 767x328px
>>14182589
True that.

Got my hands on a Zeta Plus C1 at an auction about five years back and it was one of the best purchases I'd ever made, no doubt. Everything's original, and despite the generator output being lower than most modern mobile suits, this thing is fast as fuck regardless.
>>
File: Rick Dias.jpg (585KB, 850x1234px) Image search: [Google]
Rick Dias.jpg
585KB, 850x1234px
>Fight against the ever increasingly corrupt Titans
>Join the AEUG
>Hand me the uniform
>It doesn't have pants
>Assign me a Mobile Suit
>It doesn't have a V-Fin
>Looks like a Zeon unit

Getting some serious red lights here guys.
>>
>>14182637
That greentext is as old as my grandpa, m8.

The AEUG dissolved ages ago.

Also

>Dissing the Rick Dias
>Ever
>>
File: hild-4.jpg (191KB, 901x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hild-4.jpg
191KB, 901x1600px
>>14182455
Well, one or two G of thrust isn't that impressive but to have that thrust for two whole days, nice. So, how much of an annoyance time dilatation is?

>>14182630
It's Lotus of mobile suits, what did you expect?
>>14182255
I've had the feeling that it was done for mass reduction, thou at cost of getting banned from any earthside race there is. And as it doesn't work in space, well..
Maybe it was something like that heat shedding system on Formula suits, drop some sort of solid coolant particles into reactor and manage it that way? Weird anyway.

Also, I've managed to land a tank unassisted on a moon. Well, I've picked up some speed from passing freighter and burned drive engines but I've landed.
Mostly intact. Except for lost threads.
and cannon barrel is now a bit bent.
And reactor shielding has this pretty blue pattern now.
But I'm on the surface. Great success.
>>
>>14184250
It is immensely annoying.
>>
>>14184250
How the fuck did you even get a job on the moon that requires a tank

>reactor shielding has this pretty blue pattern now.
Get it checked asap. The shielding might be worn after... whatever you did there. Probably some damage on the cooling system, especially for the stuff running on the shielding.
>>
>>14185043
Nah, it cracked. Good thing it's in another compartment, I have three walls of armor between me and it. And thank gods I that I have a backup - it's old Zaku powerplant but it is sturdy, as long as nobody stabs beam saber through it, so I can crawl at walking pace to my base. Road wheels survived hard landing but without threads regolit is a bitch to plow through.
As for job, it is simple guard/janitorial thing. Company that hired me is installing second electromagnetic launch facility and were looking for someone with equipment that can do earthworks and fight. And as do not have MS sized shovel..
Real reason why I've hauled Hildolfr up to Luna was annual meeting of inner planets artillery club.
Last year some asshole came with a stripped bare Xamel and won long range competition, by doing 'once around the globe' shot and hitting his mark two click away. Luna is fun place to be if you have shell shooting weaponry.
>>14184281
But you can brag about your flight time.
I remember last attempt at this route with a MS, I think it took them about a month to get to Mars. Stargazer, wasn't it?
>>
>>14169184

Irishfag spotted. Come on, just let it go.
>>
>>14182565

DESIGNATED

SHITTING

SIDES
>>
>>14171954

Earthfags. Always Earthfags.
>>
>>14185851
>b-but muh live Dakar speech that nobody recorded
Every time.
>>
File: f91-twinvsbr.jpg (42KB, 265x400px) Image search: [Google]
f91-twinvsbr.jpg
42KB, 265x400px
i saw a F91- with what appears to be a quad VSBR set up.

man the heat generated from firing all 4 of those much be extreme.
>>
>>14176963

Don't you mean the day of the pasta?

Mmm, kuntala with spaghetti...
>>
>>14185894
Maybe it's stationed on Europa?

So, is anybody going to watch arena fights on Mars next week? They finally managed to add water stage to fields rotation.
>>
File: Ms-05l-front.jpg (204KB, 664x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-05l-front.jpg
204KB, 664x700px
Hey guys, you all Seem pretty knowledgeable about mobile suits and such so I'm hoping you could help me out.

My son's 14th birthday is coming up and I want to get him something special. He has recently expressed interest in being a MS pilot an rather strongly too.

We aren't very well of and getting a brand new one would not be possible for us right now, but fortune has it that my dad was a pilot during the OYW he left us his old MS when he passed.

It looks pretty old and has not been maintained at all. How much would it take to restore this thing to working order? All the help is appreciated.
>>
>>14185966
I don't really see the appeal of these Gundam fights. They'll never take off.
>>
>>14185726
Stargazer?

Never heard of it. Are you that Anon who claims he's a dimensional traveler?
>>
File: hild-2.png (3MB, 1072x888px) Image search: [Google]
hild-2.png
3MB, 1072x888px
>>14186033
It really depends where you are at the moment.
Earthside pretty much all usable MS are being used in one way or another and even scrapped suits find use as generators or engines for vehicles. There is decent market for parts, as in it won't cost you your five years income to repair a vintage suit, especially if it not supposed to be combat ready. in space things are a bit more complicated. Luna is pretty much closed market, Mars is Mad Max style scavenge hunt outside of domes, Jupiter is weird as always but if you sign a contract you get some sweet tech with buyout option.
As usual, hit the net and see what is available. Zakus are most popular suits everywhere . As long as reactor is running restoration shouldn't be more expensive than, say, a decent house.
If it is in decent shape visually, no scuffs or bullet holes, you could try to sell outer shell and armor to collector and replace them with modern stuff. It is lighter, more durable, much cheaper than vintage stuff and some Zeon fanboys will pay hard cash for original parts.

>>14185043
Ok, lunar landscape is boring as hell, I still have twenty hours until I'll arrive at depot and am either getting irradiated or am bored enough to have crazy ideas. Pic very much related.
>>14186088
I personally like races and that cannonball stunt in thunderbolt sector more but I also enjoy new kinds of suit they drop onto arenas every year. And there is appeal of corporate rivalry, as some of the suits are awfully prototypish at times.

>>14186117
Nah, me groundpounder in Orion driven tank. But after twenty years on this board and around solar system you hear and see things.
>>
>>14186033
If the damage is that bad then it's not worth it for his first but restoring it would be nice as a family heirloom. The vintage Zaku bubble is slowly falling from its peak so yours might be worth something in a decade or two, especially if you keep it working without touching the scars. If it ISN'T heavily damaged you're in luck because parts are still easy to come by and basically everyone has used a Zaku at one point so he won't be short of people to help. OYW machines are maintenance hogs compared to more modern options (yet surprisingly they can be revived from almost any condition) and although I like the weight of the few I've ever taken for a spin, it's not beginner-friendly. If you want to spend the money, you can have it updated (check to make sure your father didn't tinker with it, Zeon units were often refurbished after the OYW for uprisings) to have a standard computer assistance module installed. Those are standard in nearly every non-Federation post-OYW MS (Fed units pioneered it so they'll all have them) but the newer you can find, the better. Otherwise he should be fine, maybe consider upgrading the reaction speed because old MS always feel really sluggish. As long as he doesn't want to fight in it, it should be fine for training and practice but remember that they're obviously slower, clunkier, and have very different controls from modern MS that he's thinking of.

Anyway good luck, I'm honestly a little surprised you want to get your son into this life when most parents try to get their kids out. Try to keep him in racing if you can, I hate seeing experienced military kids. It's like they give up their childhood, and for what? Well you know what they say, dulce et decorum est and all that.
>>
File: 16323-5.jpg (352KB, 770x640px) Image search: [Google]
16323-5.jpg
352KB, 770x640px
>>14186088
>>14186131
Well, it's better than having a war, I think. It's like the OIympics from the old Anno Domini era, but with robots... and more fighting.

Myself, I'm one of those Gundam Fighters; We're fielding a new variable type this year. You guys have probably seen it in all sorts of press releases already, though.
>>
>>14186131
I have to be honest, the Mad Max style of Mars is always a blast to partake in. I have a number of friends who go out there who I join sometimes, shit's intense.

We actually got into a number of firefights with other scavengers, but luckily there were no fatalities. Poor Ricky's Zaku II lost its head during one of our trips, luckily we could just throw it onto the salvage transport we were using.
>>
>>14186184
>>14186131

Thanks guys. We live in Side 1 currently, and there are a lot of scrap dealers around here so i think i might be able to get a deal on some equipment if I'm lucky. I might try doing as you say and selling the armor, though it looks pretty banged up.

As for the suit itself, well, it starts and runs smoothly, but the screens don't show anything, and only the right arm moves.

thanks again guys.
>>
>>14187602
Be very careful for lowballs, scrap dealers are scummy all across the Earth Sphere. Your son might not like the look of the not-very-faithfully reproduced armor, pic related is what you're looking at for a standard Zaku II body but haven't seen the modern Zaku Sniper type. He'll be glad later though, the handling is so much easier for beginners.

If your reactor is fine, say a prayer in thanks. That's usually where the bulk of the price is. Some electronics work (probably camera mechanism, too) and fixing the servos isn't exactly cheap but all things considered it's incredibly lucky. Good luck.
>>
Anybody know what happened to the large part of the EFSF during their naval review near Solomon in 0083? The official report said it was space swamp gas, but that just crimples my tinfoil hat. Some old-timers I talked to said that a group of radical spacenoids made up of old Zeek vets that crashed the colony into North America also apparently broadcasted message saying that hijacked an MS (possibly a Gundam) with a nuke. But there are no such records that it ever existed or that the Feds even had nukes.

My uncle was a crew member during that review and I just want to know what really happened to him.
>>
>>14187602
Reactor technician here.
Check the reactor. You don't want to be leaking particles or melt the reactor because cooling system failed.

And if it was used to power your house or something, change the software configuration on the computer, home-supply configuration is not made for powering a MS. It should be on a "custom configuration" in the preset menu, switch it back to the normal operating preset.
Then run the reactor on maintenance mode and check the heat levels and shielding status.
If you do it right, it should be fine, though get ready to replace the shielding and cooling.
>>
>>14187657
I had a guy look at it and he says it's actually mostly electronics that need to be replaced!

He says the cockpit is almost entirely separated from the suit itself except a few sensors, the startup controls and the right arm. He himself expressed interest in fixing it up and installing a bunch of modern stuff (paraphrasing) if he could get the armor. At first he wanted the entire thing as it turns out he is a collector, but I managed to haggle it down hehe.

I searched a bit around for a place my boy could fly, but it is mostly restricted in my area because of the military, so I was wondering if you knew a beginner friendly place we could go for his first few flights.
>>
>>14187732
It wasn't in home-mode (did not know that was a thing) but it did get a bit hot in there now that you mention it. I chalked it up to be bad air-conditioning, but I'll have the mechanic look at it.
>>
>>14187723
Afaik the fleet was just caught with their pants down. That event had a billion conspiracy theories surrounding it because it's the direct cause for the formation of the Titans (besides the small-time groups that needed cleaning, but the NA Drop was lead by some serious names and people thought Zeon was really going to return for a little bit) so I don't trust anything I hear about it. Obviously there's no way they had another Gundam and nukes sitting around, that's typical spacenoid gossip because they want to make the Federation look bad. On the other hand, internal records of the event are mysteriously sparse (don't ask where I got a glimpse) and the "official" record was written a little long after the event happened. I can see where there's room for suspicion, especially when you're dealing with the figures and sub-committees that would coalesce into the first wave of loyal Titans. Honestly I think there was a major intelligence/communications fuck-up that would have made some important people look very bad so it was "forgotten". That's just my theory though, and I'm not tinfoil trooper.

Still, that major internal power shift in 0083 always spooks me a bit. I know it's just a result of the political atmosphere rather than some super secret /x/-tier shit but it's pure tinfoil fuel.
>>
>>14187748
If you got a personal ship or know someone who can bring you there, the Shoal Zone is pretty good.
Some of the regulars there are willing to teach newbies.

There's also some experience mechanics there among the regulars so they can get a quick look over it, in case you missed something.
If you need the reactor checked over by a professional, me and my colleagues be there next week for a few days. Look for the R-Tech desk at the office there, if we are there, they will direct you to us. Regular routine of checking and maintaining MS at various places tends to land us in a lot of places.
>>
>>14187787
"Shoal Zone" the regulated MS obstacle course or the Shoal Zone that can even catch veterans off their guard with potentially deadly results courtesy of space dust clogging everything, tiny pieces of hyperfast shrapnel, and floating chunks of colonies? You have to be clear to beginners, I heard a family that tried to see their cousin/uncle/whatever run some time trial courses and ended up in a rocky deathtrap with a vacuum-mummified body floating outside the window. They were safe but scarred, maybe for life.
>>
>>14187869
Both.

The Shoal Zone, the deadly one, has been cleaned up a little to make it less lethal to people, I know because I've been sent there to deal with the reactors in the wrecks when they hired people to clean the place up.

Its hard to see dead bodies unless you flew quite a distance away from the office there. The cleanup is still ongoing, by the way.
>>
>>14187910
Civilian cameras are configured to filter human debris by default anyway.
>>
>>14188066
Unless those dead bodies don't look like humans no more, that is.
>>
File: Baby_Magnum_-_Anime_Design.png (300KB, 600x478px) Image search: [Google]
Baby_Magnum_-_Anime_Design.png
300KB, 600x478px
Okay, which one of you assholes brought this monstrosity on the Moon? Hell, HOW?!

>>14188091
Modern cockpits are using synthetic view anyway, it being composite of visible, radar and whatever is hooked up to them all mashed together, so at best you are getting 'organic debris' label on a some unrecognizable spec.
There is a reason why all surviving Ball drivers have PTSD.

>>14186244
Transforming frame on arena? You are brave one.
>>14186381
There is no malice in gladiator contests and people can went frustrations in controlled matter. Really, we could have had avoided every conflict in last hundred or so years if humanity just had some sort of, well, Gundam Fight.
No colony drops or gassing, just mano a mano.
>>
>>14188154
>so at best you are getting 'organic debris' label on a some unrecognizable spic
If only.
>no malice in gladiator battles
Not true. How do you think we have the term Grudge Match? I've seen plenty of good sportsmanship and lots more bad.
>>
>>14188154
>some unrecognizable spec.
Not really, the corpses can be quite obvious no matter how fucked up they are. There's a reason why they have a manual filter option.

Then there's folks like us who gets called to clean up such places on foot. A few guys had to get into shipwrecks with still functioning reactors and shut the reactors down, while there are corpses floating around.
Turn a corner in the wreck of a ship, and floating dead body in the distance.
Working on something in the darkness of a wreck and something or someone touched you in the back? Turn around, bam, face to face with a dead body.
>>
>>14188205
And that is why any wreckage clearance jobs I've taken were performed with high yield incendiary rounds.
But I operate in gravity wells mostly, debris fields are scary.
Your description is pretty much a ghost story.
>>
>>14188278
We check the thermals before doing anything, encountered a few overheating reactors.
When we see one, we try to get someone as close as we can safely go, and see if we can access the controls from there.

If we can't, we just aim at the hottest point on the thermals with a beam rifle and shoot it from a safe distance.
Thread posts: 239
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.