[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armored Core coming back soon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 55

>As for Armored Core, a series developed by From Software which last saw a new release with Armored Core V in 2012, Miyazaki said, “Personally, I want to do it. After all, I was involved in three games in the series. Armored Core is one of the pillars of From Software Software’s lineup. But I cannot yet reveal anything.”

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/from-software-talks-future-dark-souls-armored-core-new-ip

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
>>
>>14164828
Yes they can make one but the question is will Bandai let them publish it? I remember Miyazaki going on about how if we wanted a new AC we had to pester Bandai.
>>
>>14164828

If they do make a new AC I hope it's more like 3->LR or 4/Answer than the absolute cancerfest that was V/Verdict Day

I can't believe there are actually people who defend Verdict Day on this board
>>
>>14164837
Verdict Day I can only really defend for "Muh story nostalgia and connections to past games", and the fact it had a more refined version of V's gameplay (I mean, fucking UNACs made it all worth it). I can't defend V at all except for Chief's VA was godly.
>>
>>14164837
VD had Piledrivers
The other games did not.

However I'll be fair and help both sides.

3-era and previous had Linear Rifles. 4-era and V-era did not.
>>
>>14164853
I know that For Answer had a pile driver.
>>
>>14164857
Yeah but you never really got to use it properly, what with everyone flying around at mach 1. VD's one actually feels brutal when you slam it into something. On another note, the Grind Blade was V and VD only, and that was fucking GOAT.
>>
>>14164828
SPACE
P
A
C
E
>>
File: 1451759869838.jpg (236KB, 691x625px) Image search: [Google]
1451759869838.jpg
236KB, 691x625px
>>14164868
Hell no.
>>
>>14164853
>The other games did not

the other games actually did have pilebunkers anon, they just called them "parrying blades". They started showing up 3 onward
>>
>>14164880
>parrying blades
I always thought those were just like laser blades but actual steel blades instead of lasers
>>
>>14164897

Nope, you basically just punch a mugga in the face with them and they spike them with a hard steel rod.
>>
>>14164897
>>14164880
>Parrying Blades
>Can't parry with them at all
Shit weapon, maybe that's why no one used it.
Now Orbit Weapons on the other hand....
>>
New A.C.E. when?
>>
>>14164934
A.C.E:R was complete shit because of developer meddling and teams doing things. It's one saving grace was adding the savior Nineball Seraph (Although they fucked it up by giving it an ACTUAL PILOT instead of an AI) and that remix of 9
>>
>>14164950
Then now they have the chance to focus the team and make a better game.
It's not like the series bomb in sales anyway
>>
>>14165115
>>14164950
I think the reason ACE:R was such a fuck-up in the ACE series was because of the SRW team overextending their influence. Other than that I just hope we can get AC into SRW. The only foreseeable problem is that there is no actual characters they could use as pilots or story-interactions and what not.
>>
>>14165136
>AC into SRW
I meant AC into ACE. Fucking phone.
>>
Can we go back to Mars ala AC2 and fight ancient alien tech?
>>
>>14165136
There is the Tower City Blade manga to use as a reference, if possible. At least May Greenfield can have her logo used instead of her face, kinda like L from Death Note.
>>
>>14165234
>At least May Greenfield can have her logo used instead of her face, kinda like L from Death Note.
Weren't they doing that in FA though when all those top-rank Lynxes got together on that voice chat?
>>
>>14165237
Oh yeah, didn't know of that, that's handy. For Nineball, it'll be even less of a concern, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>14164828

Chances of getting Armored Core for PC?
>>
File: 9ball.jpg (22KB, 345x334px) Image search: [Google]
9ball.jpg
22KB, 345x334px
>>14165269
But Hustler One actually has a face. See pic.
>>
>>14165350
Literally never, however if you count emulation (Because everyone and their mother has been playing Last Raven Portable lately) then it already is on PC
>>
>>14164837
>I can't believe there are actually people who defend Verdict Day on this board

Face it, people like realistic, tactical and gritty mech action and that /m/'s tastes are a minority. See /k/,/v/, and /tg/ to see what I mean
>>
>>14164837
VD was amazing. I guess you didn't really invest in the multiplayer where it shined the most. 4 was a clunky transition and FA gets old really fast.
>>
>>14165387
Completely retconned and ignored.
>>
>>14165203
>ancient alien tech
>alien
a-anon that was all from ORCA
>>
>>14165462
>/m/'s tastes are a minority
>when it also loves that type of garbage more than anything else
>>
File: 10127709a11.jpg (27KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
10127709a11.jpg
27KB, 800x565px
>>14164906
>PB
>shit weapon
>no one used
Maybe if you're a bitch. It was the manliest way to take out Evangel and other high end enemies.
>>
File: if only.jpg (317KB, 850x1235px) Image search: [Google]
if only.jpg
317KB, 850x1235px
>>14164934
New Unicorn game by FROM was basically an ACE spiritual successor. It plays great, like an updated, more weighty older ACE titles.

Banpresto realized they fucked up with ACE:R though, lots of Nips complained. See how they tried to patch it up with the PSP re-release which plays nicely. Try it out in PPSSPP.

>>14164950
They don't need to characterize the pilot. See how in ACE 1 they gave you a no-name mute faceless pilot when playing with self insert grunt unit in the form of Gespenst mk2. And most of the time the story revolves around a group with like 10 prominent characters and their arc, not the pilot you choose to play as. They could easily let you light-customize an AC or play as White Glint as a default one seeing how WG is basically your nobody character you played from 4.
>>
>>14164848
>Chief's VA was godly.

Favorite lines?

For me was
>I am afraid we have no allies. That's right no allies, no enemies. I love everyone"
>>
>>14164950
despise the garbage A.C.E:R was, what was your reaction when seeing our glorious savior/antichrist Nineball apperaring?
>>
>>14166093
anything he said as DLC operator
>>
>>14165564
>WG

Or if they need to put a character, they can use Fiona, just make clear she is a operator and not the pilot, but they work together.
>>
>>14164848

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0JWS1IkDsQ

All his glory.
>>
File: aceh (5).jpg (381KB, 1200x1432px) Image search: [Google]
aceh (5).jpg
381KB, 1200x1432px
>>14166115
Yes, that too. I thought of it immediately after I posted. It would be a nice way to include them in the narrative even if by a little. Something something Line Ark something, it could work. This way almost every AC protagonist could be implemented really. Just goes to show that you don't need to characterize them or make portraits. Even less considering how unimportant the story in ACE is. This isn't SRW.

Man I want another ACE. Make it ACE: New Generation or whatever and put only the newest mecha shows in it. How many times do we need to see Overman King Gainer, YF-19 and Nu Gundam. I'd also throw out SRW OGs and just keep a few Gespensts like the portable and 1.
>>
>>14166143
How can one AI be so smug?
>>
>>14164906
>Shit weapon
Nigger what, they were the single most reliable way of destroying a Pulverizer fast enough, the only thing AC4 adn 5 did was increase the range, because you had to be at kissing distance for it to connect
>>
>>14166152

I'd be cool with SRW OG ACE, lol
>>
>>14166477
I dunno, ACE gameplay is more suited for real robots. SRW OGs would benefit more with a Gundam VS type of mechanics. They made OG Infinite Battle which is okay but needs more polishing.
>>
>>14166526
Shame we'll probably never get an Infinite Battle 2, if they tweaked some shit and made anyattempt at balance at all it could've been solid. Needs a bigger roster too, of course.
>>
>>14164837

VD was the best one. UNACs and actually needing tactics and team work made me love the game. If they expand abit on VD (bigger maps, more base and army customization) then I'm all for it.
>>
>>14165462
>Face it, people like realistic, tactical and gritty mech action

Boosting up to another machine and kicking it in the face so hard it fucking explodes isn't realistic, tactical, or gritty. It's hype as shit.
>>
>>14166576

You do realize you can do the exactly same thing/have boosters/have weapons.

You just sound bad at the game.
>>
>>14164828

What do you guys want for the next armored core?

I want:
-Persistent 3 Faction War, each faction has different buffs and corporate-specific parts
-UNAC and Army customization, AI customization was badass, now let me do it for MTs and Carriers
-Mobile Arms Fort Customization, make your own moving fortress to transport your army and conquer cities
-16 v 16 Armored Cores in large maps. Can give commands to unacs and custom mt army
-Certain legs (tanks) can't be used in space maps, goal is to conquer territories on earth, luna, space stations and mars using your MAFs
-Individual part damage, various types of armor, various damage types, team based, tactical blend look of AC4 era with difficulty and physics of AC5 era
-After your Armored Core is destroyed you get 1 life as your pilot. Out of suit combat is difficult but you have anti-AC weapons so it's possible to still score a kill even if your suit is destroyed. Less customization for pilots but still an important part of the game.
-Open World, MAFs can travel in space and are fully customizable, more territories you conquer more turrets and UNACS you can place their to guard your bases when your not online/not in the area
>>
>>14166219
I wish AC wasn't so minimalistic sometimes, Chief could be a great villian if developed more.
>>
>>14166635

Customize army so it really feels like a war. Your own battle helicopters and mt units. I like the idea of way more tuning in the game so no ones mech will end up being the same. Bring back hovers, flamethrowers, linear rifles, orbit cannons and other old gems.
>>
>>14166635
>-After your Armored Core is destroyed you get 1 life as your pilot. Out of suit combat is difficult but you have anti-AC weapons so it's possible to still score a kill even if your suit is destroyed. Less customization for pilots but still an important part of the game.
>-Open World, MAFs can travel in space and are fully customizable, more territories you conquer more turrets and UNACS you can place their to guard your bases when your not online/not in the area
All I see here is bloat and dev time/resource wastes.
>>
>>14165530
I always figured he was the original pilot, but died and Nineball's AI took over
>>
>>14166658

It sounds pleb but I think it would draw in a bigger player base. COD/Halo babies interested for fps elements, Sandbox fools interested because it's another open world game. It would take AC from being a niche game to being a blockbuster. As long as they leave customization and core AC elements I'm sure long time fans will be happy. AC deserves a win and a big player base.
>>
>>14166658

I see you criticizing but not coming up with any ideas of your own.

What do you want out of AC6 is this another anon is so wrong?
>>
It would probably be a mech version of bloodborne I doubt he would make AC4 a third time
>>
>>14166635
> corporate-specific parts

Well this can encorage people to change factions each season, to get all parts

If they do this ala 4 era, what kind of focus will each faction of VD have in their parts, you know BFF was the sniper/long range parts, Interior laser and energy and so on.
>>
File: 1448290306927.jpg (47KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1448290306927.jpg
47KB, 550x550px
>>14166676
> mech version of bloodborne

How will this work? I can´t find a way to fusion AC and BB gameplays.
>>
>>14166677

I was thinking the war is persistent so territories wouldn't be reset. If someone wants another corporations parts they have to merc for them or invade a base and get subtargets to get more parts.

I like the idea of one company being great at thermal, high tech, experimental weapons, another being good at chemical armor and weapons maybe more all purpose/tool boxy type stuff and the last corporate being scrappy, terrorist, guerilla war fare types with more traditional kinetic weapons and armors.

There would be some overlap but thats what I was thinking in general.
>>
>>14165388
Dark Souls 3 shattered all expectations and projections on the PC release. FromSoft would have to be pants on head retarded not to give AC a PC release.

>>14166635
>What do you guys want for the next AC

The same level of customization as 4 and a PC release. As long as it's on the PC, if there's anything else needed, the community will make it.
>>
>>14166691
>>14166677
I feel like it's turning into a different AC.
>Spanish guitars and COFFIN system go here
>>
>>14166693

I though 4 was a good blend of looks and had the vibe of the Ps2 era. 4a was too easy but very pretty and accessible. 5 had great maps but not the best balance. VD added unacs and was more balanced. Definitely opened up in multiplayer with teams and needing to hide behind obstacles and use teamwork to win. Blending abit of all 4 would be nice. We'll see though.
>>
>>14166670
>>14166672
Do you know which AC game had the biggest playerbase at launch and the most sold units? V. And despite of that VD was never marketed and the franchise was left for dead after that.

Outfitting your game to appeal to the wider audience and forsaking your fans is never a good idea. Wasting your time and money for hardly thought out and shallow features instead of perfecting what you have leads to shit. Open world games are boring and they're lately getting phased out what with people finally getting sick of them. It wouldn't even work in this case.
>>
>>14166687
Lanterns are garages.

Instead of soul level you get credits from enemies that let you upgrade parts.

Make it about a lone mech pilot trying to survive in the middle of Chrome and Murakumo's corporate war from 1.

Everything is faster and bigger
>>
>>14166695

Thats the weird thing about AC. Each game tries something and then abandons it. If they blended all the best parts of the franchise I know it would make a killing and be a blast to play. We'll see if From and Bandai can figure it out.
>>
>>14166703
>Open world games are boring

Not always. Aside from Just Cause 2 which is fun mainly because the grappling hook adds another layer to everything, I had a ton of fun with the game play of The Phantom Pain because of its open-ended nature. Enough to put over 100 hours in anyway.

But yeah its true,ost companies use open ended as an excuse to leave their worlds empty
>>
>>14166703

I like V's maps and alot of the core elements. VD expanded on V in alot of ways for the better. I really just want an expansion and prettier version of VD mostly but I can't help but think if they don't try to appeal to a wider audience than the game could be dead before it even comes out.
>>
>>14166703
>Open world games are boring
Not necessarily, since you can have cases like Metal Saga every once in a while. One of the endings has you join a bodybuilder cult because why not.

>>14166727
Given that, do you think the next Zelda will be truly open-world? That's a big risk to take for the big N.
>>
>>14166727

If AC involves a corporate faction war and huge armies and Open World would make alot more sense. Also a big complaint with the series in the inconsisant quality in map and mission design.
>>
File: Berlioz1.jpg (8KB, 550x310px) Image search: [Google]
Berlioz1.jpg
8KB, 550x310px
>>14166708
in your opinion what is the best aspect of each game?

For me
>3 era
weapons and resource management and the emails you get from other characters

>4era
Customization, quickboost system and parts aesthetics (Aaliyah is a fucking masterpiece)

>V era
Multiplayer, UNACs, OWs and Characters
>>
>>14166700
I just miss the AC4 community more than anything else, and that was only possible because of how in depth the customization was.

One of my fondest memories was in a private lobby with a group of Bladers from day one known as "The Originals" while trying to develop new warps 6 years after the game had been released by tweaking stabilization setups and tuning
>>
I want a more in deep plot and characters, and a ending like the Destruction path
>>
File: 25228240_p0.jpg (740KB, 1719x1200px) Image search: [Google]
25228240_p0.jpg
740KB, 1719x1200px
>>14166744
>4era
>parts aesthetics
Gotta say, in my case, aside from WG and some Aaliyah variations the rest looks like shit. Can't beat Kawamori.
>>
>>14166762
DID NOTHING WRONG

NOTHING
WRONG
>>
>>14166744
>1 Era
The setting
>>
>>14166767
I really love those core with gun barrel. is just cool.
>>
>>14166776
> Sorry friend, I can't help you any more. I'm glad we got to know each other better.

A true friends, there is no way he did something wrong.
>>
>>14166767
Well White Glint was the sole mech Kawamori designed in the 4era.
>>
>>14166867
Yes I know.
>>
File: 1433297965527.jpg (633KB, 900x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1433297965527.jpg
633KB, 900x1025px
>>14166767
>rest looks like shit
>No love for 063AN
>No love for Nobless Obligue
>No Love for Lancel
>No love New sunshine.

Anon please.
>>
>>14166767
Will you consider AC in general the best work of Kawamori?
>>
File: 20070424.jpg (531KB, 2000x1313px) Image search: [Google]
20070424.jpg
531KB, 2000x1313px
>>14166903
No.
>>
From Software is just a Souls rehash factory now.
>>
>>14167029
Well we have no right to say that after 15 Armored Cores that are all similar in most aspects. There are only 5 Souls game and they said it's over for now.
>>
>>14167037

Every 3 games AC changed in some huge way. Meanwhile DS3 is DS2 memes edition.
>>
I've lost a lot of respect for FromSoft over the years to the point where if they announced a new AC I would be wary at best.

It goes all the way back to Ninebreaker when people shelled at 50 bucks for what is literally an expansion pack, and to this day no one admits Ninebreaker exists because to mention it would be to remind people that people actually defended Ninebreaker back in the day and whores really bought it.

Then we get into the 4/4A era which, while fun, basically had some of the most shit netcode ever, where one guy with a shitty connection would prevent entire rooms from playing a match, where you couldn't even see who had the shit connection so you can't even kick that guy, where people only play on 3 maps ever, where you could wait literally 10 minutes just to start a match only to get kicked back to the lobby due to connection failure, where people could be ninjas actually doing *teleports behind you* *unsheathes MOONLIGHT* and hitting you for 10k damage while impervious to bullets.

V was a game that was so obviously bad to everybody and yet people still went diehard in defense of it, shitting on anyone who called out the design choices by saying they were FA newfags when things in V never existed in past AC games. Thanks, Scan Mode. Thanks, Fire Emblem-style weapon triangle. Thanks, 4 meter ceiling.

And then there's Souls...
>>
>>14167029
If only Western-style fantasy wasn't so popular, they wouldn't be so complacent. Still beats relying on pachinko at least.
>>
>>14167140
>And then there's Souls...
What, it's just 3rd person Kings Field
>>
>>14167140
>from makes a ton of AC games
>"yeah that's fine"
>"makes a few souls games in a relatively short amount of time via rotating teams
>"HACK SELLOUTS"
>>
File: 1427732799917.png (406KB, 574x560px) Image search: [Google]
1427732799917.png
406KB, 574x560px
>>14167209
PANDER TO ME ONLY
>>
>>14164837
Fuck you too, 4-fag.
>>
>>14164837
>cancerfest that was V/Verdict Day
I love FA but I fucking hate it for bringing cancer such as you to the surface.
>>
>>14166093
>Ohh, I wouldn't say that...
>>
>>14166744

3 Era had the best look and had great variety in design and weapons. Had a decent story and characters. Fun maps.

4 Era was accessible, sleek looking, some decent design elements, good characters and map/mission design.

5 Has unacs, tactical multiplayer, ultimate weapons and somewhat challenging online bosses. Territory stuff and base control could be expanded on.

A blend of all of these would be sick.
>>
>>14167369
This.
All the people in the thread wanting open world with out of the mech sections and savepoints don't get that if it's not broken, don't fix it.
They don't need to reinvent the wheel, just mix all that they've learned until now and it's sure to be a good game.
What the series needs now is just a good solid game without crippling flaws, not some experimental bullshit.
That and good netplay, but one has to wonder if Fromsoft will ever learn how to do that. I've already given up on stable framerate when it comes to their games.
>>
>>14167259
>>14166093
>>14166113
Looking back at it now I think V had alright voice acting.
>>
> I've already given up on stable framerate when it comes to their games.

Souls 3 on a good recent PC with the recent patches and NVidia fixes works great.
The problem is Armored Core being forced on shitty consoles.
>>
>>14166604
>You do realize you can do the exactly same thing/have boosters/have weapons.

What are you even talking about

I'm talking about the fact that AC KICKO was incredible and the most sexual mechanic V/D introduced
>>
>>14167369

>Have a new series entry
>Have it stray away from the established format of multiplayer
>Keep classic style single player experience that has been prevalent in all the AC titles but include a branching story line similar to Last Raven as it is the only one apart from FA thats managed to do branching end game content well or even try it.
>Return to an older style design concept similar to 3rd/4th gen (before 5 went all boxy design up in this bitch)
>Have multiplayer be more fast paced for standard players again instead of slowing it down 5th gen was off the back of the fastest gen ever so it was like going from 60mph to 0 in the blink of an eye
>Allow customization of AC with decals similar to Forza instead of a basic level decal tool
>Include traditional style features back into the concept such as EO cores and OB cores instead of crazy OP Ultimate weapons
>Have more of the levels take place similar to Decent 2 in which players can go in doors and out doors in the same mission instead of transitioning like old titles, thus allowing for levels to feel like actual environments instead of just levels with broken up loading screens
>Include 4 player co-op instead of 2 player co-op and have difficulty scale to the number of players at the time
>Have a large variety of bosses similar to the Arms forts or Pulverizers from Last Raven
>Have multiplayer be more like a fast paced arcade experience in which players are allowed to choose different builds mid game similar to how current FPS allow for different loadouts (Battlefield introduced it), allowing for gameplay to be constantly engaging and changing, keeping people on their toes as they decide when to change builds and how to combat someone that has suddenly changed their build and fighting style
>Allow for greater levels of detail with ACs by taking advantage of polygon counts and optimization
>Allow for more unique levels that include features similar to the VOB from FA or even the Entry pods from AC2AA
>>
>>14167672
>Wanting loadout changing mid-match
It's like you want to bring back the elitist attitude people had from V and VD

>Doesn't like OWs
Grind Blade duels were GOAT prove me wrong
>>
>>14167666

Yeah kicking is good ACVD is good what of it?
>>
>>14167699

Nah I wanna get rid of any elitism, I just thought changing the entire build mid match would be something interesting and would introduce a new dynamic of people constantly having to adjust their gameplay in the threat of someone countering them.

Then again saying that it would most likely turn into a game of "Dude I heard you like countering, so we countered your counter".

Also, OWs took away both back weapons for the sake of firing them once, I just cannot really get behind that.

Just want something more traditional but with slight alterations to make the series fresh again, like 4 seemed to be a natural progression of the series, faster ACs and larger levels because of the time it would take to travel across them in slower units, but then as I said it was like going from 60 - 0mph with ACV and VD, sure VD might have fixed a bunch of issues but when it comes down to it ACV felt more like Chromehounds/Steel Battalion, and most classic AC players are not into moving slower (as part of general play) and the tactical aspect, they just fancy giant brawls with loadouts that have variety and look unique and do not all look like a bunch of boxes stuck together with a rust texture on them, its like AC met Gears of War in terms of visual styles, bland and dirt coloured textures for "muh realism"
>>
>>14167672
What about underwater battles?
>>
>>14167765

Only bipeds and hovers can operate in under water or in space maps. All leg types can be used on land. Tanks, Quads best on land. RJ and other Bipeds good for urban combat and general purposes - my dream
>>
>>14167765

You get a ton of the community asking for 0g stuff like Space or water battles, but ACs cannot survive in water as they are not water tight, it would be cool if this where to change as it would remind me so much of Heavy Gear, specifically Heavy Gear 2, though I am unsure of how they would implement gravity into the levels.

Typically I am going off classic AC1-3-LR before 4 introduced hover on water mechanics, a classic AC cannot survive in water, but I would be interested to see if they introduce stuff like that how it would work out as its something they have yet to properly do, plus it would most likely change the mechanics and gameplay slightly as the previous missions in space and under water have only taken place in facilities.
>>
>>14167830
How about a overheat weapon mechanism in which being on water gives you a heavy decrease in the cool down period?
>>
>>14167756
>both back weapons for the sake of firing them once
Well it wasn't really once, maybe on some OWs sure, but on the ones I used (Giga Missile, Giga Cannon, Grind Blade) I could fire it at least twice with my setup, maybe more like the grind blade where I could get 3 lunges off.
>>
>>14167866

Would be interesting if they implemented stuff like weather, just thinking about that it would be pretty chaotic but would lead to tiny details like...

Overheated weapon cools down faster if it is exposed to rain, an AC being immersed in a body of water up to a certain height allows an AC to cool down quicker, lightning in levels could be random and allow for damage to be taken via weather as a dynamic element, snow and ice could slow down movement or allow an AC to slide giving it quicker speed but less control (unless you boost off it into the air), dynamic details like that are stuff that would be interesting but only if they implement it with balanced gameplay in mind.

I would also love to see a return of some map hazards like the Minefield from AC1 in the multiplayer segment in which ACs have to be careful of where they land.
>>
>>14167866
>a overheat weapon mechanism
got that in OWs but it was more like a generator-is-fucked mechanic.

>>14167756
>but then as I said it was like going from 60 - 0mph with ACV and VD
Makes sense though, V and VD are technological regressions from 4 and FA due to plot reasons.
>>
>>14167906
>I would also love to see a return of some map hazards like the Minefield from AC1

MISSION: DESTROY FLOATING MINES
>You get jumped by about 4 ACs mid-mission
>Have to fight them all among the mines
>>
>>14167765
>actually hoping for more water battles in AC
I hope you get die
>>
>>14167909

Indeed it makes sense plot wise but gameplay wise for the average player it turned a lot of people off by being forced to take a slower pace again, it was such a dramatic change that not everyone was able to accept the transition from 4 era to V which is why a lot of the community slam it for no reason almost other than "muh boxy design" as I mentioned before as it seems uninspired compared to Kawamoris work and sluggish ACs, though the kick was a great addition, plus flipping between scan mode while keeping track of everything you have to do was a barrier to newer players that some could not get past which is why AC has and always has had a niche collective of fans around it, because some parts of the game play mechanics are not friendly for new generations of players to get used to.
>>
>>14167914

Destroy the floating mines was littered with roughly 16 MTs split between the first two rooms, then 2 Bishop MTs in the climbing segment and then 2 Nineball mass produced models in the run up to the AI Core at the end of the mission.
>>
>>14167915

>Equip float legs
>Win

I do not see how wanting some more interesting levels/variety in gameplay is bad, you have the submarine protection missions from AC1-2AA which are easy including one in which you destroy an entire fleet of boats, in AC gen 3 you have few of them which are done in a similar fashion if not rehashed but again float types are an easy choice to avoid completely failing on them, sure they limit your options for 1 mission but they force you to adapt and change your build which is something AC is all about, changing and adapting builds to complete a variety of different missions, just be glad I am not wishing for another protect the blimp mission from AC1 in which you stand on a small area in mid air and if you fall off you die instantly, its worse than all the water missions combined if you do not have the right built, never mind that the enemies are easy, if you are not packing a decent weapon like the WG-1 Sawa to damage them quickly the mission over or you try to take off to avoid getting hit and end up messing up the landing and falling into the abyss.
>>
>>14167934
Hanged Man (Chief's AC) wasn't a box though, it had curves. Let's also mention that N-WGIX/v was literally White Glint. Or how SoM comes back in VD, Exusia and it's 2.0 edition etc.
>>
>>14167940
What if we redid destroy floating mines but every single enemy was a nineball mass produced model?
>>
I hope we get the map sizes like in V/VD
>>
>>14167963

Indeed there was few parts that did not have the boxy design, but compared to the variety of past titles it lacked quite a lot, Last Raven was the best for variety as it included all the previous titles main iconic parts and tweaked the stats in an attempt to balance them, if you wanted stuff like that now it would be DLC unfortunately.

>>14167964
Obviously would not be balanced game-play wise anon.

>>14167974
A variety of map sizes would be good, ranging from small arena maps for 1v1 -2v2 to large open maps for 8v8 and if they up the player count 12v12.
>>
>>14167991
>Obviously would not be balanced game-play wise anon.
Like FROM cared about balance in single player
>>
>>14167991
>Obviously would not be balanced game-play wise anon.
It would, we just gotta find a way to cheese.

>inb4 KARASAWA + MOONLIGHT
>>
>>14168038

lol WG-1 Sawa and LS-99 Moonlight was definitely a noob combo on AC1 when everyone found out the locations of the parts.
>>
>>14168053
SawaLight is difficult to make fair without also making it fucking useless due to weight limits.
>>
>>14168058

Exactly how they tried to balance it in MoA and PP by increasing the weight of the WG-1 Sawa, then in AC2 they had the MK2 that had knock back stun damage from the explosions it produced so they instead for its reintroduction in Silent Line portable gave it no knock back explosions and half the ammo count.

Then in every other AC title the Sawa has been pretty heavy and the Moonlights got slightly heavier too.
>>
Would Armored Core be an attractive game to PC players? I know a lot of people would give up on it because gamepad control takes a lot of getting used to but keyboard and mouse should be a lot more user friendly to casuals.
>>
Space is the final frontier... But, I would like to see quick-boost's return as a back weapon or a feature for certain cores as high-manuever types that would take up the other back weapon button instead of the usual L/M/H, the return of optional parts (being a little more visual this time), and less button clutter than 4&4A (remapping that was a pain). I loved the extra weapon storage idea too.

Anyway, it would be awesome to play an Armored Core game again! Even if it turned out to be a remake of the original.
>>
>>14166093
>Humans beings are just so DAMN INTERESTING

You can feel the love!
>>
>>14168131

AC4 physics in space AC5 physics on land.
>>
>>14168089
Would the aiming be awkward or overpowered with a mouse? Turning speed is dependent on the core setup so it would be like an FPS with forced sensitivity, though a mouse would make tracking a target way easier than with sticks.
>>
>>14167672
> instead of crazy OP Ultimate weapons

There, just a sign of no taste.
>>
>>14168172

AC survived for the entire series before V and VD without Ultimate weapons, just because they look "neat" (if not fucking edgy at best) and can take out an AC in 1 well placed hit does not make them awesome, it just makes them something for the player to use and be rewarded with large scale explosions.

And if the player is a god damn casual like the majority of players they are going to miss more than half of the time and then wonder what happened.

How many times do you see U/W being carried in the competitive scene?, almost none, they almost always have Battlerifles/shotguns and go for the most mobility possible because they do not want to be stuck on the other end of a Kumo Quad or dual sniper.
>>
>>14168213
>How many times do you see U/W being carried in the competitive scene?, almost none

>mfw having flashbacks to the JP VD server where they carried nothing but giga missiles and grind blades
>>
>>14168231

JP has changed a lot, saw a match the other day, high speed, nothing bug gattlings, shottys, the odd missile pod, battle rifles and blades, was insane.
>>
so do AC controls get better after 1 and 2 or am I stuck using my d-pad for the rest of the franchise
>>
<< UNKNOWN UNIT HAS CONNECTED >>

<< SUGGESTING IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF USE >>
>>
>>14168248

I always change the default controls if I'm playing AC man.
>>
>>14168248
Last Raven and Nexus PS2 edition have dual sticks and from that analogue use is common

>>14168249
>All those errors on the display when an OW weapon is used
Such a nice detail
>>
>>14168213
>competitive scene
>implying there is enough active fanbase for that

IS A DED GAME FOR A REASON

Anyways, OW are mean to as comeback mechanic, and some people actually used them, they give a lot of weight that makes kicks a lot stronger.
>>
>>14168260
>Legion Pulse on a tank AC
>Tank is built for close quarters
This thing is horrific.
>>
>>14168260

I hear PS3 is pretty active and the JP server is constant matches with a pretty crazy meta. 360 is pretty dead unless your playing in the evening. It's gotten abit more active lately for some reason. Seeing more new players.
>>
>>14168260

>Implying the fanbase is not active enough for a competitive scene

Theres tons going on all the time, you just need to know the right places around to get a game, there are plenty of games on PS3 apparently going on, 360 has been abandoned at this point.
>>
>>14168271
>Seeing more new players.
What, like F- teams or F- ranked players? Because I keep my full UNAC team at F- to surprise the fuck out of people.
>>
>>14168271
>>14168273
>>14168277

Man I wish FA were this active, is just some games from time to time, usually on weekends, more on sundays, and some wild JP with a lahire build.
>>
>>14168277

F-Rank players. Met about a dozen new players over the last week since I started playing again. Some old guard is still there but it's nice seeing someone discover unacs and figuring out defenses/loadouts for the first time.
>>
>>14168294

AC community is most active on the common social media sites (sad to say), if you search AC you`ll get plenty of pages that have people on but the largest ones have the most active and vocal players that talk smack to each other and basically want matches almost all the time to prove who is better.
>>
I want to try playing the PS2 Armored Core games on an emulator, how well do they play on PCSX2? What PC specs are needed for them to be playable?
>>
>>14168295
>seeing someone discover unacs
Oh they'll discover UNACs alright. Especially when my mini-9 puts a pile through their cockpit.
>>
>>14168357
imagine the type of games that could improve with a UNAC system.

I bet mobas would be a better place.
>>
>>14168372
>>14168357
>AC game
>Pilot becomes unconscious because you just got kicked by a fucking tank or whatever
>UNAC AI system kicks in
>Takes over for you
D-D-D-D-DESTROY
>>
>>14168171

Overpowered. Used to have an adapter that allows you to connect a keyboard and mouse to a PS2 and I could easily keep my target in sight while strafing, boosting, and even jumping all over the place.
>>
>>14167140
>V was a game that was so obviously bad to everybody and yet people still went diehard in defense of it, shitting on anyone who called out the design choices by saying they were FA newfags when things in V never existed in past AC games. Thanks, Scan Mode. Thanks, Fire Emblem-style weapon triangle. Thanks, 4 meter ceiling.
God, this. Every time I mentioned that I hated V retards went HURRRRR U DINT PLAY THE OLD GAMES GB2 4 FAGGIT.
>>
>>14168171
It could be like warthunder/mechwarrior online where the look sensitivity is separate from the actual tank/mech turning rate
>>
>>14167140
>Thanks, 4 meter ceiling
Was it really 4 meters? I never noticed when playing my LW RJ.

>Thanks, Scan Mode
I only really ever used it for seeing what the other guy is packing and what gun is best against him, if you know how to manage energy then you don't even need scan mode.

>Ninebreaker
The only thing good about it was the menu music and the re-done nineball design.
>>
>>14164828
Armored Core 4 had an amazing mecha design and companys along with the story

loved the aliya with the giant sword that you encounter in the underground research facility
>>
4 and FA had fantastic designs, characters, and worldview. Pity that FA was incomplete with the Lineark route missing and all.
>>
File: 1461544098383.jpg (9KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
1461544098383.jpg
9KB, 195x258px
>>14165462
/v/ hates realistic games
>>
>>14165462

Ew a 4A fag. Get over yourself. That game is too easy for an AC game and is even deader than VD.
>>
File: daddy_d_by_laslolf-d6bsyr6.png (2MB, 1600x1019px) Image search: [Google]
daddy_d_by_laslolf-d6bsyr6.png
2MB, 1600x1019px
>>14164828

> Miyazaki also wants to go back and maybe resurrect another series, “Armored Core is one of the pillars of FromSoftware’s lineup, but I can’t reveal anything at the moment. Personally, I want to do it. After all I was involved in three games in the series.”

>In case you are wondering, the three Armored Core games he worked on are Armored Core Last Raven, Armored Core 4 and Armored Core For Answer. Specifically, Miyazaki started out as a planner on the first game and then directed the last two.

>While I love the Armored Core series, and especially enjoyed Last Raven, the series has never been the same kind of commercial success as the Souls games have.

>There are many reasons for this, namely abysmal marketing abroad and some poor design decisions in terms of balancing and learning curves. If you thought the Souls games were tough, they you have never played an Armored Core game.

>Realistically, if Miyazakai wants the studio to do new things then they should come up with an all-new mecha series. Much like how Souls was a reboot of the King’s Field games.

>Armored Core, for all its misunderstood brilliance, already has close to 20 years of branding baggage attached to it. Starting afresh would be the much smarter move here.
Regardless, it seems that big changes are afoot at FromSoftware and me being the immense mecha gaming fan I am, I cannot wait to see what they will come up with.

AC is misunderstood and hard. Acklowedges steep learning curve, design and balance issues. Wants to step away from Souls to work on AC. President liked Last Raven best Hmmm
>>
>>14168714
>should come up with an all-new mecha series
>Starting afresh would be the much smarter move here.

It's a mecha game that's its own series. It isn't armored core 6, or an armored core game in general. Well this will be interesting.

inb4 super robots
>>
>>14168720
>inb4 super fighting robots
Some people say that the Souls games are like a proper 3D Castlevania
What would a FROM soft 3D Megaman look like?
>>
>>14168860
>Start from Nexus/Firelink Shrine hub area
>Can warp to 8 different areas from the start with their own unique boss[es]
>Each boss drops a part/weapon that another boss is weak against when defeated
>Beating a boss in one area can make changes in another area a la MMX
I could see it work
>>
>>14164835
why do they need bandai to publish it? before bandai it was Agetec that published the AC games, they can always look for other publishers, they are not some small name developer nowadays, i bet tons of publishers are lining up to get their games.
>>
>>14165140
i wouldn't mind AC making their way into the next major SRW game lol, i mean we had Virtual On battleroids in Alpha, why not AC.
>>
>>14164828
Is the book out yet to download?
>>
File: 1393750938a055.jpg (179KB, 1185x438px) Image search: [Google]
1393750938a055.jpg
179KB, 1185x438px
>>14169132
it's all out in exhentai
>>
>>14169156
>It also has the VD side story
Fucking YES
>>
If the next AC doesn't do well, it's pretty much a death sentence for the series. I personally want it bad, considering the amount of money that from software made from the souls' games I'd say it's a safe bet we'd get a pretty good AAA title.
>>
>>14169233
AC has always been a niche series, it doesn't need to / won't be appealing to the masses. even at it's lowest point with ACV / VD they still continue to make them.
>>
>>14169261
>VD
>lowest point
Was it really? VD was alright for an AC game if you've just come from a game like LR, same kind of pacing.
>>
>>14168720
It's not like it's the first time they've done that, they had chromehounds after all.

I've never played chromehounds, but I'm given to understand that it was cool but ultimately had all the fun sucked out it by the metagame, as always happens in games like that with a multiplayer focus.
>>
>>14167234
Whoa there, your autism is flaring.
>>
>>14169331
>if you've just come from a game like LR, same kind of pacing.
This. VD was closer to the pacing of the originals than something like FA or 4.

>>14169333
My impression of Chromehounds was basically "You are an MT pilot. Go ham."
>>
>>14168700
>muh master race 4A sux xddd
Kill yourself. You're not getting anyone's respect for pretending to be an oldfag.
People who actually like Armored Core enjoy all the games.
Except V. V was trash.
>>
>>14164837
Vd was better than v thats why. Also the fact its not totally dead.
>>
>>14169359
>V was trash.

>Oh I wouldn't say that....
>>
File: Qs800.jpg (101KB, 780x800px) Image search: [Google]
Qs800.jpg
101KB, 780x800px
>>14169342
I mean that one of the things that put me off chromehounds (besides being multiplayer focussed and the demo consisting mainly of walking to places) was the notion that despite all the nearly infinite potential cool designs and a combined arms class system, nearly everyone would be piloting the exact same sort of (stupid looking) robot because it was 'statistically optimal'.

These kinds of games only ever seem to be enjoyable when only played by people that are playing to mess about and have fun rather than win.
>>
>>14169261
>V
>lowest point
>best selling game in the franchise
Nigga shut the fuck up.
>>
>>14169261

ACV made the most money. VD is the best AC game because of UNACs. Only 4A babbies shit talk about the game. Seriously get over yourself. No one plays 4 anymore. Too easy and even less balanced then 5 era.
>>
>>14169359

4A wasn't really an AC game. Yes it brought in new players because it was accessible but it wasn't balanced and it wasn't challenging. It didn't matter what you built you can beat the whole campaign with a janky light weight if you want. Whole game is who can go strafe the fastest. Took all the strategy and thinking out of the series. I always laugh at people who think they are "good" at 4a. Everyone was good at that game lol
>>
>>14169361

Pretty much. 5 was kind of an experiment. VD fixed alot of it's problems. I didn't play AC for months. Popped on VD and got games with randoms and new players. Game isn't as dead as we joke.
>>
>>14169687
Unless in dead team.
We need more /m/ teams on both systems.
>>
>>14169705
>Unless in dead team
Team of one man and his 4 UNACs at F- reporting in. "Dead" my ass.
>>
>>14169705

Then switch to a more active team? I left my team because everyone got new systems. Joined a new team with like 5 other brand new players. No complaints at any given time atleast one of them is on to do sorties.
>>
>>14169705
>>14169736
Looking at this now I'd be happy to form /m/ a team for 360 got it from a deceased cousin, couldn't bear to swap it for PS3 my only issues is that I would probably not be on as much, but when I am on it'll be UNAC shenanigans
>>
>>14169746

Ps3 is more active but I'm getting games on 360 so I won't complain.
>>
>>14169751
Alright, tomorrow (NZT, because I'm a Kiwi) I'll open up/password-lock my F- empty 1-man team for /m/ to share on the 360 server, if anyone's keen to join.
>>
>>14169774

Sweet I'll get on when I get a chance.
>>
>Armored Core Dark Souls style

How does that make you feel now, /m/?
>>
>>14169888
PRAISE THE BLOOD
>>
>>14169774

Whats your gamer tag?
>>
>>14168714
Miyazaki got this "Like hard games" with Last Raven. Damn that shit is tough.
>>
>>14169196
Can someone translate those? I hate mysekf for not knowing moon.

>>14169156
>pic
>Tohored core

Are those good?
>>
>>14169888
>>
>>14169679
> No one plays 4 anymore

Check /vg/ general fag.
>>
File: IMG_0019.jpg (523KB, 1200x1708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0019.jpg
523KB, 1200x1708px
>>14170282
>Tohored core

it just a compilation of 2huxArmored core fanarts and 4koma about danmaku with AC equipment
>>
File: IMG_0057.jpg (383KB, 1200x1708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0057.jpg
383KB, 1200x1708px
>>14170325
>>
File: IMG_0999.jpg (325KB, 1200x1708px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0999.jpg
325KB, 1200x1708px
>>14170333
look at this MILF
>>
>>14170325
>>14170333

is there nothing touhou can't shit up with its clutches
>>
>>14170337
undertale
>>
>>14170336
That's a ggggilf.
>>
>>14170348
Undertale is shitty enough on its own.
>>
>>14170336
That hat, that fiking HAT!

>>14170337
The sad part is that Kantai have a lot of AC crossover for a reason.
>>
>>14170546
>fiking
Stop.
>>
>>14170546
>that Chief admiral MMD

heartly kek
>>
>>14170562
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeXsUg5xfHY

Even in those he is smug. Really how can AI be that smug?
>>
>>14170285

Going to a video game board on 4chan.

Nah
>>
>>14170275

Last Raven wasn't very hard at all but it didn't have a decent story, notable characters and great design choices which can't really be said for most of the AC games. If the President of From is acknowledging that he likes ACLR then as fans we're in luck as that game is one of the better ones in the franchise. Hoping for an update on things that made the Ps2 games fun with elements from 4 and 5 era as well.
>>
>>14171532

I mean it *did* have decent etc. etc.
>>
>>14170026
>>14169850
We could probably set up a discord chat to making messaging easier

that and my gamertag is my one cringy mistake in life
>>
>>14171815

No worries dude. Most people make gamer tags when they are like 10.

I might get on tonight but it'll probably end up being tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing more AC pilots.
>>
>>14171826
Discord room for anyone interested in that VD team for the 360 is up
https://discord.gg/0yjtknaW9CPxL5mj
>>
>>14171837

cool joinin
>>
>>14171837
>360
Damn would've loved to join, anyone got a PS3 team?
>>
>>14171837
>>14172057
Should have just made a general AC discord thing for multiple consoles and PCfags who just want to talk about the games.
>>
>>14166687
>and visceral attacks are pilebunkers
>>
>>14172066
Well it can be if you want right now it's just a VD team
>>
>>14172066

There already is a general Discord channel for AC players.

https://discord.gg/0fyvYLokwkauNV9z
>>
>>14172121
Seems chill enough.
>>
File: 6134757048_6ca67e60e3_b.jpg (97KB, 634x488px) Image search: [Google]
6134757048_6ca67e60e3_b.jpg
97KB, 634x488px
>he doesn't like every AC game for the small things they brought to the table

The gundam guys were happy, the tacticool dudebros were satisfied, and the old fans were happy with te handheld ones. Who doesn't win?
>>
>>14172889
some people just can't apreciate the small things.
>>
>>14164828

Mixed VD with stuff like this, better graphics and just more of everything over all (custom bases, more unacs, more tuning) possibly more out of suit stuff to get more players if From is serious.
>>
The only ACs I liked were from 1-LR.
>>
>>14173338
>He likes ninebreaker
Ok sure
>>
>>14173358
>he doesn't like ninebreaker
fight me
>>
>>14173338
Classic fag confirmed.
>>
>>14169364
I can honestly tell you that I've spent far more time on customizing ACs rather than piloting them.
>>
>>14174311

Shit are you me?
>>
File: 670.jpg (47KB, 670x419px) Image search: [Google]
670.jpg
47KB, 670x419px
>>14164828

President admits AC is a pillar of From.

Shit AC6 might happen...especially if they are tired of working on Souls shit for abit.

Armored Dark Hounds, AC6 w/e:

- Customize your own Armored Hound with over 500 parts and weapons than you can tune and colorize in any way.
- Create your own mobile arms fort that you can use to travel in space, house your army and defend your loot.
- Program AI units to receive commands, serve as your army and guard your base of operations.
- Open world/sandbox game with territories spanning the Earth, Space, Luna and Mars. Join one of three corporations and wage war.
- Coordinate with your team and fight battles that involve 1000s of ai units and human players. Gain control of land and resources.
>>
>>14176192
>open world/sandbox

Pls no.
>>
File: bulkheadss.gif (752KB, 200x141px) Image search: [Google]
bulkheadss.gif
752KB, 200x141px
>>14164828

Just take ACVD except when you die your pilot isn't a camera you actually get one life and have anti-AC weapons. After that you actually just become a camera or can watch other players.

When people aren't online you have to fight their UNAC team if they happen upon your base. You can pick which UNACS guard what territory you own. That why you always get a match against ACs online.

Lastly, just make all the maps about twice as big and add more part tuning. Overall look should be more polished but overall engine is fine. Possibly sleeker more futuristic looking parts and maps with some interior parts, outside parts with a blending of water, height/depth also.

Other than those things VD really got alot right, I think with these slight changes and abit more obvious tutorials, menus and story mode for beginners wouldn't hurt. Obviously more of a emphasis on human beings and story as thats where AC lacks in most of it's game though 3 era and 4 era were quite strong in this regard.
>>
>>14176197

All games are going this way. What do you think they'll end up doing? I'd say just copy Planet Side 2 or like Starhawk and put some Chromehounds/AC elements and we're golden. Don't think it'll actually be called AC6 if they want to make money though.
>>
>>14176197

No offense to you but some of what the other anon said didn't seem too bad. What would you do?
>>
File: step away.jpg (59KB, 692x490px) Image search: [Google]
step away.jpg
59KB, 692x490px
>>14176192

Each company has obvious pros and cons and gets different types of parts. Only way to get other companies shit is to merc or defect. Once you defect you can't rejoin. If you defect all 3 factions then you become a RAVEN which is just a Mercenary/Pirate. Each of these 4 categories gets different buffs too.
>>
What I think AC needs is some a better tutorial/prompts that explain shit better with better presentation.

I've only played V/Vday and their depth is still obscured by frankly dated/boring menus. The souls games made the whole spreadsheet thing more manageable so I expect AC to do the same. Hopefully they can cut down the sluggish menu's so I can easily buy and AC test different parts faster than they had you do in the V series.

I also hope the ease up on the multiplayer integration. I really dont care about which arbitrary team I'm fighting for. Hell the story missions are literally at the bottom of the sortie menu. Like seriously chill out, does From not know that mecha games are niche?
>>
>>14176192
>Open world/sandbox
Please no.
>>
>>14172889

/this

Seriously AC has pretty much tried every good mechanic, weapon and concept at this point. Now that the tech exists they can marry all of it together and make a be-all-end-all franchise send off/reboot. Either way I think AC could pull it off. From has proven it can make blockbuster games. I'm excited to see what happens.
>>
>>14176218
And I'd rather they stay niche.
>>
File: r2SOLO.gif (341KB, 265x198px) Image search: [Google]
r2SOLO.gif
341KB, 265x198px
>>14176192

I agree with all of this except the open world part. It should be 100 detailed and big maps that are divided between 3 factions at any given point. I like the whole gradual map/territory control of the V series it just needed abit more polishing.
>>
>>14176192
>Open world/sandbox game with territories spanning the Earth, Space, Luna and Mars. Join one of three corporations and wage war.
End this meme.
>>
>>14176228

I agree. The game just needs loads of good maps. Not open world. Maps encourage players to bring different builds for different situations. WATER LEVEL and bring back Hover legs plz
>>
>>14164828

This article makes me really happy.

What are your top 5 things from a Armored Core game?

In no particular order:
1. The Arena
2. UNACs
3. Arms Forts/Bosses
4. Missiles (usually 2 types per game)
5. Boost Charge
>>
File: science.gif (404KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
science.gif
404KB, 480x270px
>>14164853

Love piledriving a tank in the first 30 seconds of a match
>>
File: Armored.Core.full.483722.jpg (143KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Armored.Core.full.483722.jpg
143KB, 800x600px
>>14173338

All the ACs have something good about them. They really should release a game with every part from AC history. They could probably do that by now.
>>
>>14170283
literally what is this
>>
>>14176251
Break Blade newboy.
>>
i hope the new AC game will still have quickboosts, AC4's quickboost is missing diagonal directions while in AC5 you can quickboost any directions but is very very energy consuming. Also would like to see them refine wall jumping, it was very archaic to use.
>>
>>14176257
>Break Blade
thank you good sir. always nice to see mecha and sword fighting mixed toge--wait, films released in 2010-11 and TV series 2014? dang i've really been out of the anime circuit for a while now. good find though, any recommendations on which one i should tackle first?
>>
>>14176277
The manga.
>>
>>14168860
>What would a FROM soft 3D Megaman look like?
Megaman Legends probably.
>>
>>14176265
in ACV it is your lifeline like your life depends on it. If you can't master wall jumping, the tanks will eat you like breakfast. Though, I liked energy management in ACV compared to ACVD. A single fuck up can be really costly.

One of the few reasons I really liked playing on buildings map (executive sector). But most scrubs want to play at abandoned factory anyways.
>>
>>14176249
Didn't Last Raven 'remake' a lot of notable parts from the earlier games. And then the portable versions of 3/SL/LR brought back even more (Karasawa MK2)?

>>14171532
Last Raven did have some tough missions, but a lot of the 'difficulty' came from the fact that even regular enemies required you to shoot and dodge properly. The weak-ass ACs you fight in the earlier missions of LR had decent AI, whereas the first couple of enemy Ravens in, say, 3 spend 80% of the time STANDING IN ONE SPOT AND SHOOTING.
>>
>>14176637
>Didn't Last Raven 'remake' a lot of notable parts from the earlier games. And then the portable versions of 3/SL/LR brought back even more (Karasawa MK2)?
Not him, but yeah.
>a lot of the 'difficulty' came from the fact that even regular enemies required you to shoot and dodge properly
The trick of LR was that it drastically reduced armor values and while it made heat values more fair than Nexus it also stressed EN management more.

LR is not so different from most AC games, you can win the game in an outdated tin can if you know what you're doing, what LR did was forcing you to know your machine and the opponent inside out, while there are some loadouts that make missions easier it's also true that as long as you know how your AC works and you know how to handle it you can win even tough fights, there's very little that absolutely requires a certain setup.
On the other hand it's also true that tank legs are vastly shit in LR, many people complain about the projectile fire speed, though that is arguable and the AC's AI is just as stupid as previous games.

Still my favorite title in the series though, if it only had more parts and ACVD wall kicks I wouldn't need another AC game.
>>
>>14167765
I hope so, I'm in love with underwater/oceanic settings, its probably one of the reasons Garugantia really appealed to me, even just a couple cool missions or something would be great.
>>
>>14168714
Damn he sounds like an intelligent person stuck with people that don't even know how to code.
>>
>>14176671

I got the vibe that he really likes mecha and LR, 4 and 4a the (the ones he worked on) have some of the stronger stories and characters in the franchise. They also have some very big scope missions that really make you feel involved as a player. If they took the look of the games he's worked on with the good elements of VD and Chromehounds they could have a great game on their hands. Especially if they clean up the menus and make a tutorial, self-explanatory story mode for newer players to get acclimated for online multiplayer battles.
>>
File: Dummy_Plug_-_Kaworu.png (270KB, 629x359px) Image search: [Google]
Dummy_Plug_-_Kaworu.png
270KB, 629x359px
>>14168386
NO MERCY
>>
>>14166635
So you want another chromehounds? Cus that's exactly what you just described.
>>
File: b55.jpg (32KB, 410x313px) Image search: [Google]
b55.jpg
32KB, 410x313px
>>14177291
I don't know about him, but I certainly don't want that.
>>
>>14176222

They should be niche because most people aren't into mechs, not because the mechanics are obtuse.
>>
>>14177291

Basically, except prettier.
>>
>>14176513

use SCANMODO
>>
File: Armored_Core_4-1-1.png (127KB, 400x292px) Image search: [Google]
Armored_Core_4-1-1.png
127KB, 400x292px
>>14176664

I'd like if only certain leg types can be used in udnerwater or space maps. Some maps have decent above ground but robust under water caves.

>mfw under water turrets at enemy base
>>
I want Armored Core is achieve meme status on the level of FF7. So, underrated, yet so epic.
>>
>>14180140

Thats how I feel. Theres been 14 console games all of them bring something to the table too. Favorite series that no one knows about.
>>
>>14180444
>>
>>14169341

Liking the easiest and most pleb of the AC games.

LOL
>>
>>14169359

I like all the AC games but 4A wasn't even in the top 5 for me.

It's pretty but the game itself is too easy and I dislike that it really doesn't matter what you build since the whole game is just who can boost the fastest in a circle around the opponent. No tactics, no thought.
>>
>>14167140

I like all the AC games. It's my favorite series. I don't play Souls and I'm not married to FROM. I just think AC is a great franchise and deserves a blockbuster title. The concept is so great it's hard for me to deride.
>>
File: som17.jpg (127KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
som17.jpg
127KB, 800x600px
>>14164828

I want transformable cores, orbit cannons, hovers, bigger maps, more unac stuff, more base stuff. Also everyone has there own motherwill that houses their team and transports them from mission to mission.

Make it 16 v 16 so it actually feels like a war
>>
>>14180516
>Make it 16 v 16 so it actually feels like a war
It would feel like a clusterfuck. Can't balance that out.
>>
File: 1462070703724.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462070703724.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>14180522

Having bigger maps, control of mt armies and more having more leg types would balance it out. Current map size could maybe support a 6 v 6 at most.
>>
>>14180522

WHAT IS WAR
>>
>>14180547

AC VR
>>
File: 28031218.jpg (50KB, 265x262px) Image search: [Google]
28031218.jpg
50KB, 265x262px
>>14180550
Well I guess it could work in terms of balancing but I dunno about optimization anon. FROM are plebs when it comes to performance. VD ran like a slideshow when too many things started shooting on the screen.
>>
File: ay.png (725KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ay.png
725KB, 1366x768px
>>14180575

I would agree with you a few years ago but I think next gen hardware could handle this stuff now though I've often thought they might need a new engine if they really want to reboot the franchise.
>>
File: 1459266066167.jpg (66KB, 452x504px) Image search: [Google]
1459266066167.jpg
66KB, 452x504px
>>14180566
If they retain FA speeds people will pass out in cockpit mode.

>>14180581
>I think next gen hardware could handle this stuff now
But Bloodborne runs like shit.
>>
File: Armored-Core-V-boss-battle.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Armored-Core-V-boss-battle.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>14180599

Never played Bloodborne so I can't really comment on that. I just think AC has more potential than Froms other franchises ofcourse I'm biased because I'm on /m/ but still when so many of the games had great little things about them, I don't see why they can't take all the best parts and put out a game that we (and even normies) can enjoy.
>>
>>14164853
You know linear rifle basically just means coil or railcannon, right?
>>
i wonder how would a new AC game work with VR though, would it be first person? or third person? I think third person would work with your camera controlled independently. First person + quickboost would probably be abit too disorienting.
>>
>>14180630

If they made it look like you were in a cock pit with alot of directional displays and recon readouts then it would probably be fine. Probably would never stop piloting though.
>>
>>14180555
Not as fun to play as you'd think.
>>
>>14180620
Normies don't like robots so the very premise will turn them off, add to that they actually need to get gud before they can shooty tooty things and no one will bother picking it up over generic shooter or souls clone.
>>
>>14180650

Honestly I only like military sci fi and got into mecha because of it. So to me that's appealing. Commanding an army, taking over land and blowing stuff up is what I'm interested in. I think it fits with Armored Core perfectly given the franchises history. Maybe you should play Virtual On or ZOE?
>>
>>14180666
you're a merc not some commander. AC was never about waging war.
>>
>>14180630
>>14180636
Hawken did first person with fast side dashing quite well but yeah I don't know how it would feel like when the sideways boost speed and distance is increased.
>>
>>14176192

"Open world" is a trend for homosexuals that's making video gaming worse. Fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>14180666
Ravens/Lynxes are mercs and lone wolves most of the time, they're loyal as long as you can pay their price, seeing more than like 2~3 of them work together is a rarity.
>>
>>14180720
>>14180694

You do know most real-life wars nowadays are being operated by Contractors. Yes traditional armies exist yes terrorist cells exist but Contractors are a huge part of it all. Before the Roman Empire's fall their entire army was nearly Sell Swords.
>>
>>14180666
>I think it fits with Armored Core perfectly

And that's where you're wrong. Armored Core is generally about single ACs, overpowered compared to everything else, tearing through an army of grunts and only having any real trouble against another AC or a massive MT (or Arms Fort in 4-era).

It's basically Gundam shit.
>>
>>14180748
>You do know most real-life wars nowadays are being operated by Contractors

Yes, whole armies of contractors.

Unlike in the AC universe, where a single contractor in a single machine is enough to swing an engagement completely over to your side, and they're hired on a mission-to-mission basis, and they could be working against your aims literally the very next week.
>>
>>14176192
-obvious, duh. But, nowhere near that amount realistically.
-Try garage customization, with transportation options that could allow for a pit stop and a change of gear that you will have to buy yourself.
-Autonomous MTs
-How about a picture frame type story (ex: this is how Moby Dick was written) told like a visual novel centering around the major characters that are not you.
-impossible. Please, think reasonably.
>>
>>14180754

>vn style

As long as we get cute cut-in portraits of ACs

Hogire best girl
>>
File: you.jpg (57KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
57KB, 720x544px
>>14180749

>It's basically Gundam shit

Hahaha you do know Gundam is 90% a war in space right? ACVD felt kind of like a war with a territory stuff but when your actually playing it didn't feel all that grand mostly because its a 4 v 4 game. Even giving some control of maybe a dozen unacs during a 4 v 4 could add another element.

What I really would like to see is more UNAC stuff and base customization. The actual Armored Core building I think is pretty rad though more tuning would be nice?
>>
>>14180748
>trying to apply real-life logic to AC-verse
No, don't bother.
>>
>>14180759
Emblems+voices should work fine. You don't need a face to be moe.
>>
>>14180753

You didn't read the second sentence.

I like the Merc thing I won't lie but I think a player should be able to simply join a corporation and apart of their standing army. It already happened in VD.

Ever notice how in every AC game the bad guys usually work exclusively for one group? It's because they actually are apart of that organization. The hero is always the merc which I think is cool but don't pretend everyone your fighting against isn't on a side. It's been this way since AC1.
>>
>>14180761
>Hahaha you do know Gundam is 90% a war in space

Where aces and teenagers in SUPER CUSTOMS or SPECIAL PROTOTYPES tear a new asshole in a bunch of grunts yes from week to week, completely invalidating the "war" bit.

Gundam is "war", yes, specifically World War I, where a bunch of faggots in fancy technology soar above the action and have their honorabru duels while the people actually fighting the war die in the ditches
>>
>>1418076

Corporations rule the world.

Are you dense?

Is AC really over your head?
>>
>>14180771

I'm fine with that. AC has a good concept but needs a bigger scale to work. WWI is a good way to look at it as Tanks and mustard gas (ac, arms forts) appeared and there were fuckers on horseback (mts, helicopters)
>>
File: spd_20111123194649_b[1].jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
spd_20111123194649_b[1].jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>14180766

Hogire canonically has the cutest face though
>>
>>14180759
Perhaps with posters, pin-ups or the model kits and dioramas thing from Gungriphon Blaze for the Garage or lobby areas (which I wish we had more control over in XCX). Giving faces to characters would be a given in some cases.
>>14180766
Take some influences from Durarara and the Dot.Hack games and tell some of it from chat rooms, news blogs, and forums with some chat CSs that would be voiced or unlocked as you dig into those things.
>>
File: Armored-Core-V-26.jpg (428KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Armored-Core-V-26.jpg
428KB, 1280x720px
>>14180715

I kinda feel the same way. I just don't think open world fits for AC. It makes more sense as taking over maps and territories. Having maps forces people to need a build for each situation instead of running around with the same thing every game.
>>
File: ac2-17.jpg (98KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ac2-17.jpg
98KB, 1280x1024px
>>14166635
I don't care about mutliplayer, I just want a desolate overdeveloped cyberpunk world and funky techno music again. More science fiction and less Afghanistan. Give us some more alien tech, bioweapons, etc.

Also, part design like the old games as well. I don't like the new styles with teeny tiny heads and gigantic blocky bodies

I'd like to see at least one space/ orbital mission with realistic movement physics, like the space mission in Ace Combat 3. Just something special to unlock at the end maybe.

I understand that since 4A, a lot of people want to be able to fly forever. I think it would be cool to include a new Core type that makes your AC basically a jet fighter and keeps it airborne permanently, it would be a good evolution to the Hover leg types.

I also want more melee action, maybe even combos added onto the melee weapons or just continuous swings. I just want some melee combat that is more than taking a swipe at someone while rushing by each other at 600mph hoping something lands. Physical and beam shields should also make a comeback and work the way they did in the 3 series.
>>
>>14180934

I agree with all of what you said except I like multiplayer and I think they had a good think going with UNACs and the overall concept of bases/territories. Some of it needs alot more detail. I really would like more tuning.

Maybe 1 or 2 underwater maps too?
>>
>>14180504
Exactly what tactics did most of the games have beyond 'bunny hop to conserve energy'?
>>
>>14180622
Linear rifles were kind of weird, since despite supposedly being magnetic weapons they had slower velocities than normal rifles.

Weapon names in AC are pretty much always off anyway.
>'Grenade Launchers'
>'Parrying Blades'
>'Bazookas'
>>
>>14180860
Yeah, GU did chatrooms right, lots of room for extra characterization that way, new missions could get unlocked that way too if you answer certain things just the right way.
>>
>>14181005
Use energy weapons so you don't have to pay for bullets.
>>
>>14181005

I liked the radiator and overheating idea. VD made obstacles a much bigger deal because defenses actually mattered and using the terrain makes more sense then wasting energy. Liked scanmodo for turning off power to the weapons to conserve energy very smart idea. Leg types basically are a strategy depending on what map or fighting on. Load out stuff kind of always counts as strategy.
>>
>>14181019
Not to mention that laser rifles are more like plasma weapons. And laser blades are just glorified plasma torches.
>>
>>14181075
Bullets are cheap enough that scrounging change by doing this is largely pointless.

>>14181174
> Load out stuff kind of always counts as strategy.
And every AC game had loadout stuff, it's just that as happens in pretty much every multiplayer game certain 'optimal' builds emerged and removed that aspect.
>>
>>14181380
Not when you use machineguns and hold the button down whenever something pops up on screen.
>>
File: 1425626551845.png (433KB, 800x1234px) Image search: [Google]
1425626551845.png
433KB, 800x1234px
>>14167140
>implying Souls did anything wrong
>implying Souls wasn't perfect
>>
>>14181380

I wish bullets and money were a bigger deal in AC. Once you buy out the shop and become a multimillionaire there is never much to do with the cash. It would be nice to have to rebuy unmanned units for your base or something.

There always be a meta. I don't think any game is immune to that man.
>>
>>14181396

Some people just never discovered the joys of Darkwraithing.
>>
>>14164828

All they have to do is take ACVD and add 2 AI ACs to each burn mission so online matches don't get boring. Other than that just make it prettier, give it bigger maps and instead of 4 v 4 make it 6 v 6 with a 7th spot as an optional operator. Operator gets to pilot a MT. Probably clean up the menus for the workshop abit too.
>>
>>14181019

They should bring back the Bazookas, Grenade Launchers and Linear Rifles. I definitely miss hovers and some of the maps. I feel like AC tries alot of stuff out than drops it. If they could just do kind of a greatest hits type thing and just mash all the best mechanics together I'd love the fuck out of From Software forever.
>>
>>14164828

I'm glad we are all thinking about what we want for AC sequels now but in the meantime anyone want to join the /m/ VD team 360bros?

https://discord.gg/0yjtknaW9CPxL5mj
>>
I hope that the day AC reach the fame and commercial succes of Souls, we will finally get the anime it deserves.
>>
>>14183069

Nineball is the cool Rival
Leos Klein was your friend but he goes crazy
J is the bad guy
Nein and Blue Magnolia are the waifus
Old King and Fatman are comedy relief
>>
>>14183322
>Leos Klein was your friend but he goes crazy
Actually, you played as Leos Klein for a bit and then you play as the guy who kills Leos Klein. Basically you're playing him and his assassin.
>>
>>14183322
>Not AC slice of life with pilots using their ACs heads

>Nineball is the mysterious self named vigilante who rapes characters in dark alleys
>Stinger is a random bully HnK style
>Leos Klein has a heel turn in season 2
>Evangel and Jack-O being gang bosses fighting over their turf
>Shenanigans and gags with Jack-O and Crow being best bros
>Zinaida is a tsundere biker girl
>Oatsdarva is MC's buddy who's secretely jealous of him
>White Glint is that cool guy who appears just a few times in the whole show
>Fatman drives a schoolbus
>Chief is the mandatory old man
>Silent protagonist with operators giving him tips on how to behave
>>
>>14184336
>Lana Nielsen is nineball crossdressing
>>
how do you get into this series
>>
>>14184931
Start with 3 then get Silent Line (both easily emulated).
If you don't want traditional controls play Nexus then Last Raven (Last Raven Portable is easily emulated on PC).
If you want next gen get either For Answer or Verdict Day depending on your preference.
>>
>>14184947
Thanks. Do the ps1 games hold up in anyway?

How is online content with next gen?
>>
File: 7-11-2010_4-10-03_PM-0027.jpg (46KB, 449x317px) Image search: [Google]
7-11-2010_4-10-03_PM-0027.jpg
46KB, 449x317px
>>14184952
>Do the ps1 games hold up in anyway?
Yes they do. You can skip right to Master of Arena though since it's a healthy balance of what two games before it offered. Easily emulated as well.

>How is online content with next gen?
VD and FA are still alive on PSN as far as I know. /vg/ general plays them from time to time. Servers for 4 and V are shut down on Xbox live IIRC.
>>
>>14184336
>Chief is the mandatory old man
You mean the mandatory cool yet crazy old man

>White glint is the popular yet mysterious guy of the school or something

>Silent protagonis get his harem thanks that his operator say everthing for him and everyone misread his intentions. He is not pleased.
>>
>Play DaS3
>Clear it
>NG+
>it's fucking nothing

>Play Armored Core 4 Answer, another Miyazaki game

>clear it

>Replay it on hard mode (NG+)

>"Oh it's probably just going to be stronger enemies like DaS"

>DIFFERENT ENEMY PLACEMENT

>STAGES CHANGE COMPLETELY WITH YOUR BOOSTERS FAILING EARLY OR TRAPS BEING SPRUNG ON YOU

>NEW BOSSES

>HOLY SHIT THE FINAL STAGE ON HARD NOW INCLUDES AN EXTRA BOSS, YOUR FUCKING MENTOR/OPERATOR

What the fucking hell happened, Miyazaki?
>>
>>14185172
I really liked 4/FA Hard mode, is not just stronger enemies, but new situations and more NEXT pilots, using almost everybody in the arena list.

>HOLY SHIT THE FINAL STAGE ON HARD NOW INCLUDES AN EXTRA BOSS, YOUR FUCKING MENTOR/OPERATOR

You really fucked up when attacking the cradles mate.
>>
>>14184336
>Oatsdarva is MC's buddy who's secretely jealous of him

Wouldn't Evangel be better for that?
>>
>nobody realises that the Anor Londor firekeeper was supposed to be a reference to Wynne D Fanchon
>>
>>14184957
People also play LR over the PPSSPP multiplayer.
>>
>>14185285
How?
>>
File: 1459454334096.jpg (540KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1459454334096.jpg
540KB, 2448x1836px
destruction path canon.
>>
>>14185332
>Called maiden of brass in Japanese, with the brass armor set

>Brass Maiden
>>
>>14185180
>You really fucked up
Cradles burning is the right course of action.
>>
File: 4463063i.jpg (82KB, 620x496px) Image search: [Google]
4463063i.jpg
82KB, 620x496px
>>14185368
lap dog.
>>
>>14185392
Did nothing wrong.
>>
>>14185397
How can a cute face like this one make something wrong.
>>
>>14185368
>>14185392
>>14185397
I am amazed how the game didnt get "controversial" with the fact that you basically commite outright genocide in a terrorist attack, the game could have use the spotlight.
>>
>>14185409
They're literally, literally burning the surface of the planet. ORCA was planning to down them too.

Welcome to Earth, nobles etc.
>>
>>14185392
Huh, I always pictured him as a fat balding white guy.
>>
>>14185417
Same here. Well maybe not fat. That jolly Ruskie accent though.
>>
>>14185415
but ORCA was more in the lines "this revolution, and wont be peaceful" but you could defend it that was part of the war or stuff.

Oldking is just for the shit and jiggles, even if you consider how last year happen all those things with planes going down.
>>
File: 50020670_p0_master1200.jpg (448KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
50020670_p0_master1200.jpg
448KB, 600x600px
>>14185417
>>14185421
what about chief?
>>
>>14185432
I picture him as Ali or Holland because fucking fujiwara
>>
File: main antagonist.jpg (495KB, 1000x841px) Image search: [Google]
main antagonist.jpg
495KB, 1000x841px
>>14185432
>>
>>14185409
I will like to see FA getting animated and using the destruction path, how will the media react?
>>
File: c003.jpg (112KB, 403x573px) Image search: [Google]
c003.jpg
112KB, 403x573px
>>14185460
>Oldking sings Thinker during the cradle massacre in the japanese version

Why they didn't include that in the localization?!
>>
>>14185460
>implying anyone gives a shit about what happens in a silly chinese cartoon about robots
Hellsing had KKK crusaders battling the zombie Nazis in the streets of London while a Romanian Dracula kills them all with Turkish child rape flashbacks playing in the background and nobody batted an eyelash.
>>
File: sao4.jpg (283KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
sao4.jpg
283KB, 960x544px
>>14185465
>Durhur Fiona is the pilot of white glint
>white glint (the mech) is a woman btw
because good translation
>>
>ac on ps1 and ac 2 is pretty much Wiseman
>ac4 is now Newtypes with the NEXTs
>ac3 & 5?
>>
Can you ever pilot the mutant core?
>>
>>14185740
No, as far as I know, you never pilot other than a AC/NEXT, is you and your masss produced mecha against everthing else.
>>
>>14185750
That sucks since it seems to be a prototype like 03.
>>
>>14185750
ACs/NEXTs aren't mass produced. Those are Muscle Tracers and Normals, respectively.
>>
>>14186200
they are, the problem is getting a pilot, look on VD, with the UNACs being a thing, they mass produce the ACs there, also the parts are used by many pilots, even on 4/FA a NEXT could be easily mass produced, but finding someone with AMS enough for it is hard.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.