[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did I just watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 15

File: MSG00_-_AWOT_-_Promo_Poster.jpg (885KB, 4605x6330px) Image search: [Google]
MSG00_-_AWOT_-_Promo_Poster.jpg
885KB, 4605x6330px
What the fuck did I just watch
>>
>>14160527
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer

Duh.
>>
>>
File: Raiser Swordo.png (603KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Raiser Swordo.png
603KB, 1366x768px
>>14160542
I thought this shit was the coolest moment of the movie
>>
>>14160527
Star Trek: First Contact with Gundams
>>
A fun movie, OP.
>>
A movie. In the movie lots of people shoot lasers at aliens, only it doesn't work because it's like a caveman trying to fight a guy with a gun. So they try talking to the aliens instead and fortunately the aliens aren't pissed about having been shot at with a bunch of lasers, so everything works out okay. The aliens turn into a flower because Setsuna's a fucked up guy that way, Setsuna leaves to become Gundam and the rest of CB pretty much finally gives up and goes off to live normal lives.
>>
>>14160527
A alien invasion movie
>>
>>14160574
>Setsuna leaves to become Gundam and the rest of CB pretty much finally gives up and goes off to live normal lives.
And then their version of the Spacenoid war happened. Essentially, Gundam 00 is a prequel of a classic Zeon VS Federation war that ended up happening off-screen, because we have seen it a million times already. And then Setsuna came back.
>>
Sunrise tried to make alien invasion movie, but they know it would bomb, so they attached a Gundam title to it.
>>
File: Zabanya Beam Spam.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Zabanya Beam Spam.webm
3MB, 720x404px
Threadly reminder that Seravee a massive shit.
>>14160527
1 incredible hour preceded by about five minutes of extreme dankness and 50 minutes of mostly garbage.

All in all 7/10 with an hour's worth of near perfection.
>>
>>14160636
The main difference between the Innovator War and the Federation vs. Zeon wars is that the Innovator War actually ended with the sides making peace, chiefly because eventually there won't be any humans that aren't Innovators. This is the huge difference between Innovators and Newtypes that fixed the ubermensch problem we saw in Zeta and ZZ.
>>
>>14160672
>The main difference between the Innovator War and the Federation vs. Zeon wars is that the Innovator War actually ended with the sides making peace, chiefly because eventually there won't be any humans that aren't Innovators. This is the huge difference between Innovators and Newtypes that fixed the ubermensch problem we saw in Zeta and ZZ.
There is also a high likelihood that eventually the fight over control of Earth resources become moot as humanity had obtained FTL travel due to aid from the aliens, and as such no longer has any point being stuck fighting over one or two planets.
>>
>>14160690
I thought quantization was a direct result of progressive development of Innovator use of Trans-Am Burst. Quan[T] was the prototype, then it was put into actual production.

If I recall right every member of the Sumeragi exploration vessel was an Innovator.
>>
File: 1454262743782.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1454262743782.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>14160542
>Running Time: 3 hours 48 minutes

Every fucking time.
>>
>>14160527
Gundam 00 Awakening of the Trailblazer
>>
>>14160527
A Movie which covers it's bad plot with excessive beamspam and deus ex machina just like hollywood.
>>
>>14160527
ayy lmao
>>
>>14160527
Fafner-lite.
>>
>>14160672
Problem is side stories show alot of humans felt like they were untermensch due to all the innovators and started fighting back against it. Of course this being 00 they had to make them "blacker than the darkest black" villian's for
daring to oppose CB's magical pixie spray mutation power but that's 00 in a nutshell, CB is right and anyone who disagrees isn't just wrong they're evil.
>>
File: 1429054147348.jpg (135KB, 1066x601px) Image search: [Google]
1429054147348.jpg
135KB, 1066x601px
>>14160527
A crazy ride if you are high on something.
>>
>>14160690
>>14160735
FTL is the Quantum Teleportation first used by the 00 Raiser and "perfected" by the 00Q
>>
File: every gundam fight.gif (789KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
every gundam fight.gif
789KB, 300x300px
>>14160669
What were they thinking with that beamspam?
>>
>>14161152
>alot of humans felt like they were untermensch
>felt

>therefore launched a war

Unless the ESF begins to favor Innovators by slighting and prosecuting normal humans, otherwise, they deserved everything this time, then.
>>
File: 00-flowerpost.jpg (60KB, 695x191px) Image search: [Google]
00-flowerpost.jpg
60KB, 695x191px
>>14160527
A good movie, and fitting conclusion to Setsuna's character arc from 00.
>>
File: zabanyaspam2.webm (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
zabanyaspam2.webm
3MB, 480x270px
>>14161322
A rare case where beam spam was not only appropriate but necessary since touching the ELS meant certain death.
>>
>>14160527
A stupid piece of shit that further buries what 00 had going for it in S1.

>write a believable world with lots of justifiable conflicts and backroom dealings
>show all sorts of war profiteers and mongerers
>CB despite all it's good intentions is understandibly seen as fucked up terrorists by a lot of people and holding back their nation's progress with their simplistic black and white fighting is bad worldview
>CB gets kinda btfo here and there as their ideology is questioned
>interesting world with nuanced moralities and allegiances is established
>suddenly evil red satanic gundams show up and are cartoonishly sadistic
>illuminati tinfoil hat plot
>political commentary and realism replaced with james bond villain plots and a return to black and white issues
>wrap it all up by taking any and all responsibility away from humans to solve their own issues, the core of gundam's message since 0079, introduce aliens that hive mind humanity into being friends

Such an utter fucking cop-out, fuck this series and especially fuck this movie and fuck the fact that having a lot of money thrown at it and being modern makes it relevant
>>
>>14160527
The happiest and most optimistic ending in all of Gundam.
>>
>>14161363

I don't know, X and Wing might take that title. X for having its main villains see the futility of their actions and live, Wing for having the end of mobile suits and seemingly of war. Frozen Teardrop undoes that, but Endless Waltz has a really optimistic ending regardless. Turn-A and G-Reco are pretty optimistic and happy too. Keep in mind that Awakening says there is a further war involving humans and that Setsuna essentially had to give up his humanity and life to act as an ambassador. He was willing, but it still happened and is a notable sacrifice.
>>
File: brightslap.gif (1008KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
brightslap.gif
1008KB, 500x326px
It's either this or the fucking flower. Seriously, I think you have to be clinically retarded not to understand the movie considering how often it takes the time hammer in EVERY SINGLE POINT that it makes.

The only possible explanation I can think of is people didn't watch (or pay attention to) the series which clearly sets up and provides context for this scenario, in which case I would have to ask: why are you watching a sequel to an established work at all?
>>
>>14161373
Really, Wing? Even without Frozen Teardrop, humanity is doomed to repeat itself.

In any case I chose 00 because it's the only Gundam show that ends with all of humanity advancing somehow, to the point that war and conflict become very minuscule probabilities.
Sure there was conflict along the path to complete innovation, but the end result was totally worth it.
>>
>>14161385
Based Bright.
>>
The greatest ending to a Gundam series ever.
>>
>>14161421
Daily reminder that the slap only made things worse. The brightslap is not a righteous man showing another man he strayed from the path, it's a futile gesture of a stressed out, frustrated young man in a position over his competence level, who's out of options so he tries to resort to force, and it failed.

What brought the White Crew close together and really kickstarted Amuro's development into a mature and responsible soldier is Ryu's death.
>>
File: setsuna-hug.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
setsuna-hug.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>14161427
My nigga.
>>
>>14161397

Yes, Wing. It might be unrealistic but it still states there are no more mobile suits and the film is about people taking peace by themselves without relying on soldiers. It's just as unreasonable to assume 00 has no more war considering plenty of innovators were violent and shiity people.
>>
>>14161322
That it would be awesome and actually apropriate, they were right on both accounts
>>
That is why I love the Zabanya, it has far more weapons and the ability go far beyond anything Jesus Yamato did while not becoming a comically insane scene, it elevated beam spam to art form

It also helps that it is one of the two gundams that actually ended more or less intact
>>
>>14161435
>[muffled chimes in the distance]
>>
>>14160920
>Saji sat through all 4 hours of it
>>
>>14161630
>every minute he thought "Certainly I show up in the next scene, right? Maybe I'll only have one line, but I'll be there, right? They know 00 Raiser needed two pilots, right? I WAS IMPORTANT!"
>he had this thought 228 times
>>
>>14161655
Saji miraculously got out reasonably well, comparatively.
>Saved his insane evil waifu without dying or killing her
>Dropped from the limelight, so he won't be monitored as a CB radical
>Got a job he likes

If only he didn't suck so much early on.
>>
>>14161452
you mean innovade

and no, manga side-story shit is non-canon.
it has ELS Setsuna marrying and de-aged Marina ffs.
>>
>>14161682
That was probably CB pulling a few strings here and there to help him along the way since he was pretty vocal about wanting to go back to his civillian life with his waifu and with Setsuna and Tieria being the de facto leaders of CB , Tieria must have had Veda wire enough money to allow the ebst possible treatment for Lousie and a good job for Saji, though he still showed that he is capable when he went back to help on construction and repair of the EF space installations later in the movie
>>
>>14161452
They stopped the war for two reasons, the First is that the ones who started the wars were some small countries that were pissed about being left behind in general and used the excuse of CB and the aliens just wanting to dominate the world using the Innovators and Second because they have fucking aliens on top of them, if they step out of line hard enough what is going to save them from the aliens if not the ones who can communicate with them?
>>
>>14160527
The only good full Gundam movie (that isn't an adaptation)
>>
>>14160527
Well animated substanceless garbage.
>>
>>14161585
>>[muffled ayy lmao in the distance]
ftfy
>>
>>14160527
The overall best singular Gundam movie in the franchise with a simple story and an interesting novel concept. I loved it. Had some issues but it was enjoyable and pretty much a proper conclusion to the TV series and the themes it established.
>>
>>14160527
It's a fun movie but don't think about it too much just enjoy the increasing levels of WTFness.
>>
>>14162158
Now I wonder, does that Quanta have some sort of sentience? ANd how does Setuna pilot it, does he more or less fuse with him?
>>
>>14162471
I am you. You are me.
>>
>>14162193
>don't think about it too much
>Haha bro, just turn your brain off haha!
Fuck off.
>>
File: x240-PCR.jpg (20KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
x240-PCR.jpg
20KB, 427x240px
>>14162475
>>
>>14162475
YOU BELONG TO ME
SAYONARA IENAKUTE
>>
>>14162471
I think by that point, since both Qan[T] and Setsuna had become ELS hybrids, Qan[T] and Setsuna are now constructs of the same entity. Setsuna had finally achieved his dream and truly became a Gundam.
>>
File: Celestial Being Movie.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Celestial Being Movie.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>14160542
Better than the actual movie
>>
File: sausage.jpg (34KB, 184x588px) Image search: [Google]
sausage.jpg
34KB, 184x588px
>>14160542
This movie was directed by a sausage.
>>
File: 1449569147558.jpg (224KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1449569147558.jpg
224KB, 960x960px
>>14161385
>Implying people had trouble understanding it
>Implying they're not just appalled at how ridiculous the series became
>>
>>14165088
Retard with shit taste.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.