[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I marathoned Macross Frontier to get up to speed for Delta. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: get ahold of yourself ranka.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
get ahold of yourself ranka.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
I marathoned Macross Frontier to get up to speed for Delta. I wish I had watched it with /m/. What a wild ride. Such a beautiful tale of love and human will winning over totalitarian transhumanism.

Also Sheryl > Ranka.
>>
>>14157353
macross F will not get you up to speed for delta
1 and 7 seem to introduce important concepts though
>>
>>14157360

I've seen them all up until Frontier.
>>
>>14157353
>Also Sheryl > Ranka.
Well yeah, Sheryl had her shit together.
>>
>>14157382

She kind of lost her shit when Grace dumped her.
>>
Alto was such a bland loser.
>>
>>14157353
>being a whorefag
>>
>>14157353
>Also Sheryl > Ranka
stopped reading there
>>
>>14157702
But that's correct
>>
>>14157704
If you like sluts, maybe
>>
>>14157702

>>14157535

She got it back on her own though. Ranka always needed help and encouragement.

> stopped reading at the last word in the post

Well no shit.
>>
>People think Sheryl is a slut because she actually pursued the guy she liked instead of making her whole life revolve around him but also being too timid to ever fucking approach him like Ranka did

Ranka is literally a beta orbiter.
>>
>>14157824
Eh. The plot just facilitated Sherry approaching Alto. She coincidentally started having less success then became sick, basically stopping her work for a while and being just taken care of by Alto. Meanwhile, Ranka's career soared and she was involved by the main plot, making them stay further apart. Then Sherryl's sickness turned out to be plot related too, allowing her to jump back to be important for the story at the end.

I don't think Frontier really did the whole "loser lost due to her own character flaws" as well as the original Macross.
>>
>>14157824
>People think Sheryl is a slut
You mean Rankafags
>>
>>14157353
>enjoying frontier
ayyy bro you have shit taste
>>
>>14157824
>>14157908
>there are people who still think sheryl isn't a turbo slut
>"waah it's just the rankafags waah"

Just accept it already, if you're waging war against the whiny cunt fags at least stop being deluded
>>
>>14157924
You're not saying how she's a slut
>>
>>14157944
big boobs = slut

Duh.
>>
>>14157944
I don't need to, I just watched frontier like everyone else and realized it. You should try that as well.
>>
>>14157948
Most people wouldn't immediately jump on calling her a slut because reasons.
>>
Someone explain the appeal of Ranka.
>>
>>14158037
>Someone explain the appeal of Ranka.

Anime fans don't like assertive women like Sheryl. Ranka is the anti-Sheryl. She's moe, she's demured, she's Alto's puppy. The character that is need of eternal protection.
100% Waifu material.
>>
>>14158037
Literally "she is cute". I mean, there really isn't much to her past that.
>>
I know people talk about how it's a "buzzword," but Ranka was truly a forced character. I got really tired of how everyone was calling her "this generation's Lynn Minmay" in the show when other than being cutesy she was nothing like her. Minmay was obviously flawed and while Ranka is cute and childish too, Minmay was far more energetic and capricious. Ranka was static as fuck and wishy-washy.

It also doesn't help that May'n is a much better singer than Megumi Nakajima.
>>
>>14158084
>Minmay was far more energetic and capricious. Ranka was static as fuck and wishy-washy.
So Ranka was more like an actual person, is what you're saying?
>>
>>14158085

Yeah, she was like a loser who is not entertaining to watch.
>>
>>14157901

Sheryl was flirting with him, visiting him at school and if I recall kissing him before any of that
>>
>>14158084
She was called the next Lynn Minmay because of her meteoric rise to fame. Also, if I remember, they started calling her that after she calmed the Zentraedi in that one incident

>>14158085
Nobody likes static characters anon.
>>
>>14158037
Rankafags don't like turbo sluts, while Sherylfags don't like whiny cunts.
>>
>>14158159
>Nobody likes static characters anon
So nobody like Minmei or Misa or Hikaru?
>>
>>14158084
>megumi nakajima
>audition winner for ranka
>loses the altobowl
>Minori Suzuki
>audition winner for Freyja
well, I guess we know where this one's heading
>>
>>14157353
watching it right now and i don't think it's that good
on like episode 19 and i might just give it a 6/10
>>
Ranka really wasn't bad. She was a decently interesting character at times, and usually didn't get too annoying.

Unfortunately for her, she's up against one of the best characters in the entire franchise, so she just looks worse by comparison.
>>
The weak link wasn't Ranka or Sheryl, it was Alto.
>>
>>14157353
>love and human will winning over totalitarian transhumanism
I hate it.
>>
Can i simply watch all of Macross in production order?
>>
>>14158693
I liked all three of them.
>>
>>14158889
That is the only way to watch Macross.
>>
>>14157353
now you need to watch the movies
>>
I don't really get you guys. Why so many hate on Ranka and Sheryl? Keep calm.

But - I have to say that - I can't stand Sheryl. She just trigers me, and it's hard to me to watch Macross Frontier because of her. Her and Alto. To me - she's most annoying character since Minmay.
>>
>>14159619
>Why so many hate on Ranka and Sheryl?
Waifu wars

>I can't stand Sheryl. She just trigers me
Well that's because your taste sucks. Of course, my favorite girl was Klan but Sheryl was the best non-Klan girl
>>
>>14159619

spic?
>>
>>14159632
>Waifu wars
I always though it's stupid.

>Well that's becaise your taste sucks
Yeeaaaah, sure. Whatever.
>>
>>14159619

What does Sheryl do to annoy you out of interest. And yea, Ranka's fine. No idea why so many people feel the need to make waifu wars.
>>
>>14159661
>No idea why so many people feel the need to make waifu wars.
Do you really not know?
>>
After Frontier and its movies, I always got the feeling that as the show went on, even the people working on it were getting tired of Ranka. This post >>14158374 has it right, Ranka was never really bad, Sheryl was just much, much better.
>>
>>14157353
I like how Alto just shot the villain in the end. No bullshit just executed her by shooting her in the head with a giant sniper rifle. And she took it like a champ.
>>
Does anyone else feel like Delta is pushing Mirage/Hayate so hard that it's obviously going to fail?
>>
File: 1397657063227.webm (3MB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1397657063227.webm
3MB, 1920x1036px
>>14160845
>>
>>14160863
How so? I don't normally watch a lot of shows that have too much shipping in them, but I definitely feel more that they're pushing Freyja, what with the whole "I fly better when I hear her sing" thing. Not to mention, they threw in the whole Windermereans only live 30 years thing so that they can clearly have an asspull later to get her a longer life and live happily ever after.
>>
>>14161067
I feel like there are more romantic allusions with Mirage and Hayate scenes, like when he says
>I'm going to fly the skies with this beauty
and is touching Mirage's plane in episode 2, or dancing with her VF in episode 4.
>>
>>14161131
>>14161067
>>14160863

Mirage and Hayate also do the spinning formation thing in the OP.. I feel like Freyja will win Hayate too, because she seems set up to be more sympathetic and in Macross the more pitiful girl usually wins.
>>
>>14160863
>Does anyone else feel like Delta is pushing Mirage/Hayate so hard
They haven't pushed ANYTHING hard yet. I mean romantically. Freyja and Hayate have a lot of screentime and probably the best relationship but we're not at full romance at the moment
>>
>>14161609
Mirage is shown paired up with her aircraft though. Not that Hayate would kick it off the bed or anything...
>>
>>14158084
>I got really tired of how everyone was calling her "this generation's Lynn Minmay" in the show

The point is that was Sheryl. At least Kawamori idea was having Minmay vs Minmay, except from DYRL (S) and SDFM (R).
>>
File: 1243806977736.gif (91KB, 240x245px) Image search: [Google]
1243806977736.gif
91KB, 240x245px
Ranka a best
>>
>>14163806

What are you talking about? In one of the episodes Ranka is literally called "this generation's Lynn Minmay."
>>
>>14157353
I loved every episode of 7, I wish it came out today so I could see /a/'s reaction week by week. I actually loved the early episodes everyone dislikes the most because of how ridiculous it was. Episode 16, the one where Basara fires his missiles was a really good ep.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.