[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EXPLAIN THIS SHENANIGANS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: Calamity blocks antiship sword.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Calamity blocks antiship sword.png
1MB, 1280x720px
EXPLAIN THIS SHENANIGANS
>>
it's not a ship
>>
It's an anti-anti-ship sword shield
>>
>>14145088

WHAT KIND OF NONSENSE EXPLANATION IS THAT??? IT CLEAVES THROUGH STAR SHIPS BUT CAN'T CUT THROUGH A TINY SHIELD???
>>
>>14145119

PHASE SHIFT ARMOR BEETCHES!
>>
File: impulse destroys freedom2.jpg (957KB, 3087x2264px) Image search: [Google]
impulse destroys freedom2.jpg
957KB, 3087x2264px
>>14145128

lol what was that about Phase Shift?
>>
>>14145084
What an ugly frame
>>
>>14145119
SHIELDS HAVE ANTI-BEAM COATING NIGGA
>>
File: beam tip.png (1009KB, 640x1440px) Image search: [Google]
beam tip.png
1009KB, 640x1440px
>>14145133
beam assisted
>>
>>14145088
Yet Nicole is also not a ship
>>
>>14145165
yes, that's why it failed to cut through all the way
>>
>>14145155

Please read

>>14145145
>>
>>14145167
that's what the stabbing motion was for
>>
>>14145155

Are you saying Phase shift is good or bad? Are you agreeing or disagreeing?
>>
>>14145084
Here's the real answer.
Perfect Strike Gundam was added in for the HD remaster of Gundam SEED. Originally, Strike Gundam doesn't do much of anything in the Orb battle. So here, they added it for two scenes, one where it's using the beam cannon, and another where it's using the sword.
In the original, there's a scene where Mwu curses at Orga for blowing up a bunch of Astrays and loving it, so they added a scene where they have a small fight for a while.

They'd have to rewrite/redraw and voice a bunch of new scenes if Perfect Strike actually did anymore, and that's why it' only exists in the Orb battle. And to sell models.
>>
>>14145167
notice that I said it was beam assisted and not beam only

it had both physical force and beam energy to get through the anti-beam coated shield and torso phase shift armor

also that spot on the shield was thrashed earlier by a beam boomerang, part of the coating would have been worn away
>>
>>14145179
I said the sword stab was beam assisted in reference to that guy complaining about phase shift armor
>>
>>14145183
>>14145187
I guess you could argue that he had them change the tip to extend a beam blade? That was his plan, after all.

But honestly, I think they just forgot.
>>
>>14145180

I think that's a lazy explanation. I could easily come up with 3 ways to explain away perfect strike without doing what Bandai did which was never talking about Perfect Strike again after one use.

1. For the Orb Battle, Have Perfect strike cleave the shield in half, but maybe take a hit and lose some equipment. Then have it purge the sword and cannon pack. Now it's back to aile striker and can match existing footage.

2. Throw in a new line in the show where Mwu says Perfect Strike is too power demanding, and he doesn't like it. Therefore that explains why he doesn't use that form again.

3. Or say maybe the balance is thrown off and Perfect strike is not suitable for space combat.

BAM. Easy, but makes sense.
>>
I thought CE beam saber tech was just a barrier that would bust and melt stuff via intense radiation or heat or some shit

doesn't phase shift protect against that? also don't beam sabers *not* clash in CE as well?

Always thought the tech was ridiculously ass backwards
>>
>>14145215
SEED plays fast and loose with its sci-fi. It doesn't really matter because there's no science, fictional or real, behind anything. Fukuda said that above all else he just wants things to look cool.
>>
>>14145204
The reason it's a lazy explanation is because the reason behind it is just that, lazy. Perfect Strike doesn't show up more than once because they would have to put more effort into it

None of the excuses you've lined up make any sense, because they went out of their way to make up a power extender for and additional hardpoints to hold all of that equipment.

If Calamity's shield took any damage, they'd have to edit out it's shield for an entire episode or two. Why do that when you can just say it blocked the hit? Also, Strike Gundam's equipment can be replaced.
We've already discussed the power extenders
Why would the balance be thrown off in space if it's not thrown off under gravity?
>>
>>14145245

> they went out of their way to make up a power extender for and additional hardpoints to hold all of that equipment.

A power extender only helps so much when you increase power consumption. Those extra batteries have to power THREE packs now. Not just one. The power extender is a necessity just for Perfect Strike to fight. Without it, perfect strike would burn through it's single battery in short order.

>The reason it's a lazy explanation is because the reason behind it is just that, lazy.

I'm not looking for the obvious real world explanation. (That's clear to everyone). I'm looking for an "in-universe" within the bounds of the show explanation.
>>
>>14145084
We make fun of still frames like this, but literally half of IBO's mecha scenes looked like this. What a long way TV Gundam has fallen
>>
>>14145084
It looks like the Calamity's hit the side of the blade with the shield. If you actually look at the angle of the blade, its clearly flat against the shield rather than cutting into it.
>>
Because strike beam sword not as strong as new generation shield. strike old tech and calamty is new tech bleeding edge
>>
>>14145180
What the hell? How much other shit did I miss for not watching the remaster?
>>
File: 2486583409.jpg (183KB, 674x718px) Image search: [Google]
2486583409.jpg
183KB, 674x718px
>>14148188
That's honestly the LEAST offensive addition to the remaster. The rest of the changes just make the show worse.
>>
>>14148249
He swings from the right instead of left?
>>
>>14148265
He literally runs himself through Kira's outstretched sword, wheras the original had Kira "swinging" the sword in self defense. Oh, and the change in sides also creates an inconistency in the next scene where the sword the wrong way around.

Basically it's a case of Han shot first.
>>
>>14148265
No. In the original version (left) Kira reacts to Nicol's attack by swinging the sword at him. In the remastered edition, Kira notices Nicol closing in and reacts by pulling the sword back so as to not harm Nicol, but Nicol ends up running into the sword by himself anyway.

It's a bullshit retcon, sort of like the "Han shot first" thing from Star Wars if you know what that is.
>>
>>14145084
Fukuda is simple-minded and does stuff like this because he thinks it's cool. He doesn't care about how the tech in his verse is supposed to work and there are quite a number of scenes where what we see doesn't match the official descriptions.

See Mu blocking the Dominion's shot with an anti-beam shield. Or how they hade to retcon Windams having Phase-shift armor because of how they were eaten up by impact weapons like they were nothing. Or look how the Strike Freedom and Destiny's wings use what is essentially a modified solar sail for for a crazy-fast propulsion system... on the Earth.
>>
>>14148265
He doesn't swing in the remaster.
Nicol just runs in like a retard.
Can't have Kira Jesus Yamato do anything that's even mildly morally questionable.
>>
File: nicol commits suicide.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nicol commits suicide.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>14148265
>>14148287
>>14148299
>>
File: Not a Fortress.jpg (154KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Not a Fortress.jpg
154KB, 1024x768px
>>14145084
It follows the same reasoning as this image. It's not a ship, so an anti-ship sword won't work.
>>
>>14148343
That sequence is doubly horrible - not only do they fuck up the death with some bizarre, clumsy, stumbly 'Kira was innocent' shit. But they miss the point of why it was drawn that way in the first place - it was a slow mo of a very simple move, against a dark sky for contrast. Here it's back in real time.
>>
File: perfect_strike.jpg (2MB, 5704x3934px) Image search: [Google]
perfect_strike.jpg
2MB, 5704x3934px
What do you think about the Perfect Strike?
I honestly quite like it, mostly because it's a walking arsenal.
>>
>>14145084
So derpy and ugly.

And then some people say this is better than Macross Delta CG.
>>
>>14148343
What fascinates me most about this, is that the tip of Nicols spear is already past Kiras mobile suit, but he lunges forwards anyway. What the fuck was he doing? Was he planning on stabbing the air?
>>
>>14145088
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>14148377
I dislike the spine, but I do like the asymmetry.
>>
>>14148384

The best part in it all is how Kira begins by swinging the sword all the way to the side to put it out of both their paths.

Then, ignoring the fact that the sword is simply too long for the following maneuver judging by the way it's animated, the Strike twists its torso so that it can hold the sword close up against its body again (well after the Blitz has crossed the area that would have allowed the sword to do so without the Strike swinging the sword overhead or underarm, it simply pulls it close to its body), just one second before Nicol throws himself on it.

If Fukuda wanted to make Kira seem more insidious in the remaster, he succeeded. Truly a genius of the industry, his works cannot be second-guessed.
>>
>>14148411
It's not an accident in the HD Remaster, look at the way it looks in the original, it's a MC Escher immpossibility.

The new animation has him flip the sword to the proper side of him, and he winds up for a swing.

They say this in the HD Remaster interviews, I don't know why everyone keeps forcing this meme.
>>
File: nicol1.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
nicol1.webm
3MB, 720x480px
>>14148343
Original for comparison.
>>
>>14148318
>Or how they hade to retcon Windams having Phase-shift armor because of how they were eaten up by impact weapons like they were nothing.
Wasn't that just a mistake printed in the books? I do remember the Windam being touted as a "ZAKU Buster" in those early rumors though.
>>14148249
I don't know what the point of this edit is.
I mean, it's no like he hasn't killed at least 10+ people already. What difference does it make if he personally kills Nichol or not?
I mean, we haven't forgotten him shooting a BuCUE at point-blank range with Launcher Strike, have we?
>>
>>14148454

Under peer influence, therefore not his fault.

Or, enemy pilot wasn't a nice kid, so also therefore not Kira's fault.

Pick one or both, anything goes.
>>
>>14145084

Such is what happens when you have someone who legitimately enjoys SR garbage behind RR shit.
>>
>>14148454
It was in the earliest data books that they were listed as having phase-shift. There's even scenes of destroyed Windams greyed out like they are phase-shift down in Destiny. But that doesn't match how they are shown being taken out in the show itself, so their armor is now listed as unknown.
>>
File: docu0097.jpg (1MB, 2416x3016px) Image search: [Google]
docu0097.jpg
1MB, 2416x3016px
>>14148525
I have the databook scan here. Gundam Seed Destiny MS Encyclopedia. Above the 5 different views of the Windam head lineart, there's a small blurb listing off some specs and for armor it says "VPS" for variable phase shift, which is of course wrong.
>>
>>14148424

There's nothing Escher about the original. Kira dodges low and swings in. What's so Escher about that? If they wanted to make Kira less at fault there they could have changed the timing where Nicol deactivated PS, and/or where he charged in from, rather than an animation sequence where Kira puts the sword to his right after bringing it down, the solid edge is facing towards Nicol, and the important part, where Kira is supposed to flip the beam edge towards Nicol, is at best "poorly animated".

So they'd rather put it in an interview than actually draw up a action sequence whereby the viewers can properly see where the weapons are going at any one time.
>>
>>14145204
Thinking too much when you can throw some stupid reasons and let viewers believe your shit/
>>
>>14145084

Strike is weak anyway. Why would anyone care about Perfect Strike? Look at that pitiful beam coming out of the anti-ship sword. Of course is can't cut through jack.
>>
>>14148439
HE LOVED TO PLAY THE PIANO
>>
>>14148545
do you have the rest of this encyclopedia
>>
Holy shit, does this guy actually have the worst voice ever?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.