[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you accepted it as one of the better entries, /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 68

File: macross-ii.jpg (259KB, 567x860px) Image search: [Google]
macross-ii.jpg
259KB, 567x860px
Why haven't you accepted it as one of the better entries, /m/?
>>
>>14144789
I have.
>>
Because it's not, it's forgettable at best.
>>
It's boring as fuck. No memorable music, no real standout dogfights. It's actually kind of bland overall
>>
>>14144789
There are definitely worse entries than this.

>>14144888
>it's forgettable at worst

FTFY.

>>14144913
>Banana Moon of Love
>No memorable music

>Nexx Gilbert taking on the Marduk in the FSS Metal Siren amid the fleet of SDFs
>no real standout dogfights
>>
>>14144789
>Why haven't you accepted it as one of the better entries, /m/?

I have, but then I'm not /m/
People shit on Macross II because it wasn't written by Kawamori even though Haruiko Mikimoto worked on it. And the character design is freaking fantastic, DYRL level good. Even the mecha designs are different enough from standard Macross but still recognisable enough for a series that takes place 70 years after the events in SDFM. In my opinion Macross II (leaving aside Kawamori's canon non-canon in universe retconned bullshit) is the only genuine sequel to SDFM.

It is certainly better than the ovas about Basara singing to space whales.
>>
>>14145059
>It is certainly better than the ovas about Basara singing to space whales
looks like someone needs to listen to his song more.
>>
>>14145059
>Even the mecha designs are different enough from standard Macross but still recognisable enough for a series that takes place 70 years after the events in SDFM. In my opinion Macross II (leaving aside Kawamori's canon non-canon in universe retconned bullshit) is the only genuine sequel to SDFM.

I dig the mechanical and character designs, but it suffers hard from cribbing from DYRL. It's like the creators had little familiarity with Macross and only had DYRL to reference, which is especially noticeable when watched back to back. Oh shit, the aliens we've been largely in contact with are getting purged by their overlord. Looks like we better team up or face complete annihilation.

DYRL is a technical masterpiece, but isn't so hot on the story telling aspect. It tries to cover a lot of material, but doesn't do it particularly well. Some clumsy narrative leaps are made, such as how Mimei is completely out of the running due to Hikaru and Misa's desert island romp (I am a Misa supporter btw) or how now Vhritai's forces are now on the human side within minimal development.

Macross II unfortunately makes these kind of leaps, with the big one being that Hibiki and Silvie in love at the end with less logical development than many action films. How Earth forces got caught completely with their pants down is another point of contention, particularly when they know there potentially more world ending fleets at at large. At least DYRL has a whole series to help us fill in the blanks, but Macross 2 only has these OVAs, which these narrative weaknesses are all the more glaring. Gundam F91 had much the same problem.

There is also the wrecking of the Macross. I mean I can understand the old girl going down eventually, but here was kind of a slap in the face.
>>
>http://superspacefortress.blogspot.com/2011/11/prior-to-introduction-of-macross-plus.html

The timeline is a bit interesting as things went right for humanity in the main continuity DYRL-Macross II had to fend off Zentradi and Meltrandi fleets several times. They get complacent and get rekt as with the case of the Marduk.

All those races in Macross Dynamite 7 and Macross Delta may have been destroyed by the Marduk in their universe.
>http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRglossary/Glossary24a.php
>Marduk
>A combat race who use brainwashed Zentraadi that are under their control due to the songs of the Song Shrine Maiden Emulators. They have a pyramidal social structure with dictator Ingusu placed at the top, and the people who defy him are purged with the power he possesses. They think that their culture itself is the best, and even though they completely destroy the other cultures that they contact, they were released from Ingusu's tyranny by Ishtar, and bonded with Earth in friendship.
>>
Where Macross Plus went with the orbital defense grid Macross II went with the Macross Cannon Class as the ultimate defense for Earth.
>http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRglossary/Glossary23a.php
>Macross-Cannon
They are 6,000 m class Ultra-Gigantic Gunships. The Macross-Cannon are built from appropriated and connected Zentraadi Ships, and when they fire their main guns, they change from Fortress Ship to Storming Attack Form. 6 ships circulate in Earth orbit.

Caption: [Macross-Cannon] Noputi Baganisu Class ships are connected to the main gun blocks, which are equivalent to the shoulders when it's in Storming Attack Form, and they boast of a great firepower.
>>
They really heavily modified the Macross having cannons on every limb.
>>
File: Valkyrie2_VF-2SS_09.jpg (453KB, 1000x469px) Image search: [Google]
Valkyrie2_VF-2SS_09.jpg
453KB, 1000x469px
Macross II is, at this point, definitely one of the better entries in the franchise. Far superior to what we've seen so far of Macross Delta, and much better than Macross 7 (which is the installment that has the most hours of any Macross chapter).

Macross 7's setup was downright interesting. Its execution was kinda so-so, but still enjoyable. I wish the "battle singers" had been more like scary, drum-beating savage types, rather than moaning, anemic waifs.

But man... grounded Zentraedi ships as city structures, UN Spacy as fat & lazy thanks to the Minmay defense, the Macross Cannon fleet, and the fucking VF-2SS? HELL YEAH.
>>
>>14145269
>How Earth forces got caught completely with their pants down is another point of contention, particularly when they know there potentially more world ending fleets at at large.

That's one of the things I really dug about Macross II -- the idea that UN Spacy had gotten super-complacent, because the Minmay Defense had made it way too easy for them to defeat new Zentraedi fleets. They came to rely on it way too much, and when unexpectedly faced by a force that wasn't whammied by it, UN Spacy was unprepared.

>There is also the wrecking of the Macross. I mean I can understand the old girl going down eventually, but here was kind of a slap in the face.

Totally agreed. 100%.
>>
>>14146727
In SDF Macross we had a crashed ship sticking in the middle of a new town, Trad city, as with crashed ships all over the place sort of intact.

In Macross II they made them into cities. Funny that in an interview Shoji Kawamori said there are emigration fleets that use Zentradi ships.
>>
>>14146795
>>
>>14146589
>They really heavily modified the Macross having cannons on every limb.

Yeah, I thought that was kinda bogus too.
>>
>>14146798
>>
>>14146803
>>
>>14146805
>>
>>14146798

Yep! I loved that idea. I mean, talk about a perfect source of raw materials, construction elements, high-tech components...

I mean, given the tremendous amount of giant-scale stuff (zillions of Zentraedi and their ships and their mecha and their equipment) and the profoundly small amount of human-scale stuff (pretty much just the Macross and the folks on it), it would have ALMOST made sense to up-clone the Macross' humans to Zentraedi size. Then you wouldn't need to restructure all that Zentraedi machinery. However, the main problem with that idea is that all those giants must consume a huge amount of food.
>>
Each grounded Zentraedi ship is like a ready-made, unfurnished arcology!
>>
File: VF-XS=VF-X-12.jpg (587KB, 1182x1500px) Image search: [Google]
VF-XS=VF-X-12.jpg
587KB, 1182x1500px
Kazumi Fujita's original design for the VF-2SS, the VF-XS.
>>
>>14146972
>Kazumi Fujita's original design for the VF-2SS, the VF-XS.

It's such a sexy slick design.
>>
>>14146727
Why are Macross 2 fans pretentious hipsters? You sound like a person that enjoys the smell of your own farts.
>>
>>14146972

Huh. I thought he only designed the Metal Siren and Zentradi VFs. That lineart definitely looks his style though.
>>
>>14147063
Having a well-thought out opinion with explanations as to why you like something makes you a pretentious hipster?
>>
>>14147082

Not him, and I don't think you're a pretentious hipster but you didn't have a well thought out opinion with explanations. You basically just said "I like it because I think X, Y & Z are interesting". Which isn't any kind of explanation.

Personally I think II is just kind of boring. I love some of the elements, like the main character being a war reporter, which I think is really interesting, but nothing about the show stood out to me and I don't remember anything about it several years on.

Note: my opinion is also not a well thought out one with explanations if you want to point that out, but I'm not claiming it is.
>>
>>14147082
No but wording your opinion in a way that makes it sound like a fact makes you a smug cunt.
>>
>>14146446
>All those races in Macross Dynamite 7 and Macross Delta may have been destroyed by the Marduk in their universe
Now this complete and utter bullshit.
>>
File: heracles.gif (95KB, 1000x530px) Image search: [Google]
heracles.gif
95KB, 1000x530px
>>
File: gloria.gif (63KB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
gloria.gif
63KB, 1000x424px
>>
>>14147182
>>14147191
>You
That wasn't me. I'm just sick of people calling others "hipster" like it actually means something.
>>
>>14148535

It does, though.
>>
>>14144789
it's not canon that they don't have bd for it.
>>
>>14148553
No, it really doesn't. It all just boils down to "I don't like this person's opinions, so I'm going to call him a hipster".
>>
>>14146972
>Kazumi Fujita's original design for the VF-2SS, the VF-XS.
>>14147075
>Huh. I thought he only designed the Metal Siren and Zentradi VFs. That lineart definitely looks his style though.

Actually, Fujita's only work on MII was designing the VF-XS. The Metal Siren and VF-XX Zentraedian Valkyrie were designed by Koichi Ohata, as were most of the other mecha in MII. Stuff like the Macross Cannon, the Destroids, and the Gerwalkroid were designed by Hitoshi Fukuchi.
>>
>>14147700
>Now this complete and utter bullshit.

Yes, but if only it were true...! [sigh]
>>
Standard Battleship
>>
File: 2036_Cygnomule.jpg (120KB, 579x663px) Image search: [Google]
2036_Cygnomule.jpg
120KB, 579x663px
>>14147191
>No but wording your opinion in a way that makes it sound like a fact makes you a smug cunt.

I actually AM the guy who posted >>14146727
and I agree, stating an opinion like it's fact does come off badly. I didn't do it intentionally, since I don't think my opinion is fact. Sadly, it's a super-common colloquialism, and I made the mistake of using that shortcut. My bad.

Regardless, your response was far shittier than my faux pas. So... way to elevate the conversation, bro.

Anyway -- robits!
>>
Rescue ship
>>
>>14145269
Yeah, I watched Macross II recently and was struck by that as well. I was pretty sure Ishtar was gonna end up with Hibiki since they spent so much time together, but he and Sylvie kinda came out of nowhere.
>>
>>14148783
DANGEROUS
MOST DANGEROUS
>>
>>14146461
>II went with the Macross Cannon Class as the ultimate defense for Earth.
Thats close to nothing. I mean, zentrandi fleet from DYRL/ end of tv series consisted of literally ten thousands of ships of this size.
>>
>>14144789
Looks like he's saying Dr Macross I'm Spacey
>>
File: daedalus2.jpg (37KB, 400x157px) Image search: [Google]
daedalus2.jpg
37KB, 400x157px
>>
File: daedelusII2.jpg (10KB, 256x193px) Image search: [Google]
daedelusII2.jpg
10KB, 256x193px
>>14149356
>>
File: daedelusII3.jpg (15KB, 256x208px) Image search: [Google]
daedelusII3.jpg
15KB, 256x208px
>>14149359
>>
File: VF-XXVF-1.jpg~original.jpg (145KB, 800x648px) Image search: [Google]
VF-XXVF-1.jpg~original.jpg
145KB, 800x648px
Macross 2036 had revamped VF-1s called the VF-1R.
>>
Macross VF-4 Siren
>>
>>14149506
I meant Macross Eternal Love Song.

VF-4S Siren, VF-4ST Strike Siren, VF-4 Super Siren.
>>
File: 1457677698453.png (96KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457677698453.png
96KB, 400x400px
>>14144789
It's just not very good. During the 90's I'd ride my bike around to all the video stores in town looking for the occasional anime VHS. We anime fans were starving for anything we could get our hands on, sometimes we'd even watch black and white ntsc-ripped, untranslated anime and we were grateful if we could get some dot-matrix printed sheets with the script or translation.

Even back then when we were desperate like a starving dog for any new anime macross 2 stank. We watched it once or twice and then forgot about it while we watched macross plus or patlabor for the 100th time. Or anything really. Anything but macross 2.

I don't understand why macrossII has a defense force it's so mediocre.
>>
>>14149514
>I don't understand why macrossII has a defense force it's so mediocre.
It's barely a force. It's usually just a couple anons that make Macross 2 threads.
>>
File: 1445373380348.jpg (300KB, 1000x960px) Image search: [Google]
1445373380348.jpg
300KB, 1000x960px
>>14148783

What? For real? I find this a bit hard to believe considering the Metal Siren has the same nose/shield partsformation that the Zeta uses and the VF-XX (As well as the Metal Siren) both have the top heavy proportions that Fujita's non Gundam designs typically feature.
>>
>>14149180
>Thats close to nothing. I mean, zentrandi fleet from DYRL/ end of tv series consisted of literally ten thousands of ships of this size.

True, but in Macross II those Macross Cannon ships wiped out -- if I remember the dialogue correctly -- MILLIONS of Marduk ships with each shot.
>>
>>14145090
FUCK that song.
No, seriously, FUCK THAT SONG.
Fuck 7, Fuck Frontier, Fuck Delta, and Fuck you.
>>
File: listen to his song.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
listen to his song.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>14151856
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
File: va-1ss-battroid.gif (105KB, 718x800px) Image search: [Google]
va-1ss-battroid.gif
105KB, 718x800px
>>14150393

Yes, for real. Fujita did not design the Metal Siren.

Concept-wise, it's clear to me the Metal Siren is not a development from the VF-2SS. It's an attempt (a poor one, in my opinion) at "improving" on the VF-1. It lacks any of the distinctive character that Fujita brought to the table with the VF-XS. The Metal Siren is a VF-1 with less stylistic consistency, loads of "extreme" spiky bits, and some poorly thought out ideas. The VF-2JA, on the other hand, is an excellent attempt to improve upon and develop from the VF-1. It's like both the JA and the SS are two totally different fighter concepts that both trace their lineage to the VF-1. Meanwhile, the Metal Siren looks LESS technically advanced than the JA or SS... Perhaps that's why, when it was finally given a serial number (20 years after it was first created) it was designated the VA-1SS.

To be totally fair, Ohata definitely improved the VF-XS by turning it into the VF-2SS -- the latter definitely looks/feels like an authentic Macross VF. However, if one were trying to extrapolate the VF-1 into a design 75 years in its future, the VF-XS is probably a more defensible extrapolation. The VF-2SS looks almost too contemporary with the VF-1.
>>
>>14151813
The macross cannon is the most retarded thing about 2.

>lets build a gigantic hull that holds 4 zentradi warships together it'll be like a giant macross with more guns haha weeee cool derp

>b-but sir! wouldn't it be better to just have the 4 individual ships? strapping them to the sides of an additional huge useless ship makes no sense and wastes our resources!

>>14151865
this was actually less cringy than the macross cannon
>>
>Near the end of SDF
>Minmay singing doesn't do jack shit to Zetnradi anymore

>M2
>Minmay Defense is like the only thing Earth has going for them
Amazing
>>
>>14151872

Now, see, that's a classic mistake. Wanting logic and reasonable concepts from a mecha show. Haven't you learned by now? RULE OF COOL, bro.
>>
>>14151872
>song power
>cringy
Why the fuck do you even watch Macross.
>>
File: VF-20_skull.jpg (130KB, 642x864px) Image search: [Google]
VF-20_skull.jpg
130KB, 642x864px
>>14151867
>The VF-2SS looks almost too contemporary with the VF-1.

what if...
>>
>>14151867
>VF-2SS ..definitely looks/feels like an authentic Macross VF

I disagree. Fighter modes of authentic vfs are heavily influenced by real world aircraft aesthetics and suspend disbelief. They look like something that a real military might actually build.

The vf-2ss is clearly from a different stable It's more of a fantasy video-gamey space ship designed to look cool with less thought given to how it would actually work.
>>
>>14151890
>Why the fuck do you even watch Macross.

Because of the ROBOTS. This is /m/, remember?
>>
>>14151897
This. The VF-2's transformation makes no damn sense and fighter mode is a mess.
>>
File: vf-2ss-transformation2.gif (149KB, 900x682px) Image search: [Google]
vf-2ss-transformation2.gif
149KB, 900x682px
>>14151897
>I disagree.
>The vf-2ss is clearly from a different stable It's more of a fantasy video-gamey space ship designed to look cool with less thought given to how it would actually work.

Certainly true. I wasn't clear. I meant in terms of the VF-2SS' aesthetic similarities to the VF-1, as compared to the VF-XS, which goes much farther afield from the VF-1's stylings.

I'm aware that VFs normally are based on real fighters -- but when you're doing a story set 75 years in the future, that idea kinda goes out the window.

>>14151915
>This. The VF-2's transformation makes no damn sense and fighter mode is a mess.

The VF-2's transformation has no problems, I really don't know what you're talking about.
>>
File: SDF-404.jpg (1MB, 2802x2111px) Image search: [Google]
SDF-404.jpg
1MB, 2802x2111px
>>
>>14146461

I fucking love this thing. Imagine it going for a Macross attack and just using its Main Cannon Arm once it pierces
>>
>>14152151
Where's the head? Where does the gunpod store?
>>
File: M2_Nujadel-Duk.jpg (124KB, 540x864px) Image search: [Google]
M2_Nujadel-Duk.jpg
124KB, 540x864px
What year does Macross Delta take place again? Ah yes, 2067. Heh, the main timeline is fast approaching the year that Macross II happens (2092).
>>
>>14152252

> Macross 7 - 2045
> Macross Frontier - 2059
> Macross Delta - 2067

It'll take another 3 or 4 series to catch up. That's not what I'd call fast.
>>
>>14152251
>Where's the head?

Pic related. It's behind the underside vertical fin, covered by a flap which hangs off the backpack in Battroid mode. I colored the head gun yellow to make it more clear.

>Where does the gunpod store?

In one of the leg parts of the Super-Armed Pack. We never see a Valkyrie II without the SAP parts storing a gun. (In-story, the VF-2SS was only ever used in space, for anti-ship duty, and was thus only used with the SAP parts.)
>>
File: vf-2ss-fighter-lineart.jpg (247KB, 1400x735px) Image search: [Google]
vf-2ss-fighter-lineart.jpg
247KB, 1400x735px
>>14152276
>pic related

Forgot pic. Derp.
>>
File: vf-2ss-transformation1.gif (168KB, 900x690px) Image search: [Google]
vf-2ss-transformation1.gif
168KB, 900x690px
>>
>>14152252
And when you say fast approaching you mean like around 20-30 years (maybe) right
>>
>>14152251
>Where's the head?

dude it's in exactly the same place it is on the VF-1
>>
>>14152269
>>14152294

It's 25 years from 2067 to 2092. Delta is a lot closer to Macross II's time than it is to Macross I's time; 2067 to 2009~2012 = 55~58 years.
>>
>>14149356
>>14149359
>>14149361
>>14149365
>>14149368

I always thought that new version of ARMD ship was really damn cool
>>
>>14152306
I mean 20-30 years in real life until we get to that point because Kawamori only makes a new Macross when he feels like it
>>
>>14152276
>>14152279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiUsoqjPjL4
Too bad it doesn't work with a 3D model. Too much anime magic happening in it's transformation.
>>
File: colorcode-vf2ss.gif (128KB, 702x900px) Image search: [Google]
colorcode-vf2ss.gif
128KB, 702x900px
>>14152319
Just because Evolution Toys can't quite get it right doesn't mean it's impossible.

For instance, they definitely got the cockpit shield wrong; in fighter mode it's clearly supposed to hinge down a bit, becoming flatter, and slide under the chest panel somewhat. But they didn't do that. The toy is still a pretty nice try.

Heck, it took many years before a good transformable Zeta Gundam kit was made.
>>
File: VF-20_flaps.jpg (185KB, 1024x774px) Image search: [Google]
VF-20_flaps.jpg
185KB, 1024x774px
>>14151915
>fighter mode is a mess

You, sir, are a wacky individual.
>>
File: 14 Destroid series_bw.jpg (159KB, 1080x509px) Image search: [Google]
14 Destroid series_bw.jpg
159KB, 1080x509px
Hitoshi Fukuchi's destroids were... meh.
>>
>>14152351
Even the PSP games can't even get the modes right. Just admit it's a flawed design.
>>
>>14152383
>Even the PSP games can't even get the modes right.

So what?

>Just admit it's a flawed design.

No, I don't think so.
>>
>>14152317
The year is 2046 and legendary director Shoji Kawamori entombed in venerable dreadnought just announced new entry to his everlasting franchise, Macross Ultra
>>
Watched the first episode of this some time ago. It's probably the only Macross I have left to enjoy.
>>
>>14152865
But Delta is airing every Sunday.
>>
>>14152874

He said ENJOY
>>
>>14153067
If he can enjoy the worst series in the franchise, he can damn well enjoy Delta.
>>
File: r20njjB.jpg (128KB, 1185x889px) Image search: [Google]
r20njjB.jpg
128KB, 1185x889px
>>14153067
>not liking Delta
>>
>>14151890
Not him, but song power is the reason I *stopped* watching Macross.
>then why are you in this
because this thread is for Macross II, which only has the psychological effect of music a la Super Dimension Fortress Macross and not Kawamori's bullshit magic from the later shows. At least Gundam's newtype ghost magic is less cringy than j-pop magic.
>>
>>14151897
>They look like something that a real military might actually build
Uh...no.
Not for space combat, anyway. The VF-1 has the excuse that it was meant to defend the earth. All that expeditionary stuff in Frontier has no business even having aerodynamic transformations. The only realistic mecha are the Ball and the Oggo.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>14153322
>>
>>14153325
>>
>>14153268

I imagine his point was linked to the previous sentence and he meant they all look like planes a military would build.

The Ball and the Oggo might be utilitarian but they're not particularly realistic either. The thruster layout on both is pretty horrible for one. I'd say the Moebius Zero from Seed and the Exus from SEED Destiny is as realistic honestly. Not that any if them are realistic mind, but they're all something you can make workable with minimal design changes. If you want a realistic layout for a mobile worker the Starfury from Babylon 5 is probably as good as you're going to get. It's good enough NASA have laid claim to the design as something they could see themselves building for space work, which is about as good an endorsement as you're going to get.
>>
File: magzemig_la.gif (95KB, 730x450px) Image search: [Google]
magzemig_la.gif
95KB, 730x450px
>>14153332
>>
>>14153335
This one is a really big guy.
>>
File: Mig-Pitt.png (14KB, 512x416px) Image search: [Google]
Mig-Pitt.png
14KB, 512x416px
>>14153340
It can't be really this big right?
>>
>>14153346
That is is Quamzim and he isn't a miclone.
>>
>>14153335
>>14146788

Why does it have different names?
>>
How do i find macross ii in hd with English subs?
>>
>>14153257
>Macross II only has the psychological effect of music a la Super Dimension Fortress Macross and not Kawamori's bullshit magic from the later shows

THIS x1,000,000,000
>>
>>14153346
>>14153350

Indeed, it is supposed to be that big. It's a piloted mech for full-scale Zentraedi. That's Kamjin piloting it; the Mikk-Pidd is as big to him as a battroid is to a human.

>>14153431
>Why does it have different names?

I think the "Magzemig-La" name was made up by desperate Robotech fans.
>>
>>14144789
Because I haven't seen it.
>>
>>14155296
Too bad that couldn't save Macross 2 from it's shit characters and shallow plot.
>>
Good or bad, Kawamori acknowledges it, it was there in the Delta presentation
>>
>>14155387
Inb4 the "lol you care about plot or characters in your chinese cartoons?" defense force shows up.
>>
Love the VF-2S so much. Did they ever do a decent transforming figure that wasn't ridiculously priced?
>>
>>14155449
No.
>>
>>14155387
Too bad you can't save yourself from your shit character and shallowness.

I like Macross II better than 7 and Delta. Deal with it, scumpy.
>>
>>14155429
How is that a defense force?
>>
File: 1449882594940.jpg (128KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449882594940.jpg
128KB, 800x600px
>>14155564
>>
>>14155647
>>
File: 1384004234815.jpg (183KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1384004234815.jpg
183KB, 1024x768px
NOICE
>>
File: b1b.jpg (70KB, 808x514px) Image search: [Google]
b1b.jpg
70KB, 808x514px
zoomy zoom whoosh
>>
File: vf-2ss1a.jpg (51KB, 635x394px)
vf-2ss1a.jpg
51KB, 635x394px
>>14156001

The legs on the outside, with the pods above them, sorta evoked the VF-4 (long before a transformable VF-4 was actually a thing).
>>
File: 1f7dfef6.png (399KB, 1023x434px) Image search: [Google]
1f7dfef6.png
399KB, 1023x434px
and there's SIX of them
>>
File: b0055614_19442172.jpg (82KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
b0055614_19442172.jpg
82KB, 480x360px
>>14156026
>>
File: VF_1SOL.gif (69KB, 875x700px) Image search: [Google]
VF_1SOL.gif
69KB, 875x700px
VF-1SOL Stampede Valkyrie is also from the Macross II continuity
>>
File: sdp-1-stampede.jpg (168KB, 1080x629px) Image search: [Google]
sdp-1-stampede.jpg
168KB, 1080x629px
>>14156055

My bad, that's the Scramble Valkyrie. Pic related is the Stampede Valkyrie. Also from the disavowed timeline.
>>
>>14147182

>I like it because I think X, Y & Z are interesting
>Not an explanation on why you like it

Fucking how? In what world is that not an explanation?
>>
File: Okti-Granduura.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Okti-Granduura.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>14156055
>>14156076
No Scramble Valkyrie has its own micro-continuity.
>http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.org/MCRgoods/06MacrossaRelatedGames1.php
>Entering the 1990's, the shooting game "Super Dimensional Fortress Macross 2036" (Mesaiya), which was linked to the 1992 OVA "Super Dimensional Fortress Macross II -Lovers Again-", was sold for the PC engine. Together with the sequel that was sold in the same year, "Super Dimensional Fortress Macross: Eternal Love Song" (this was a simulation RPG), the developments of the original stories earned a favourable reputation among fans.
>>
File: whatever-bottom1.jpg (64KB, 640x554px) Image search: [Google]
whatever-bottom1.jpg
64KB, 640x554px
>>14157725
>>
>>14156276

I didn't say he didn't have an explanation though. I said he didn't have a well thought out opinion with explanations though. A 2 sentence post that's nothing but a summary isn't a well thought out opinion with explanations. It's an opinion, it has explanations but a well thought out one it isn't, since that implies a more in depth view of why one holds that view.
>>
>>14156055

What are the 'Sound Force-like' pods on the shoulders and lower legs? Pop up missile launchers?
>>
>>14159270
>What are the 'Sound Force-like' pods on the shoulders and lower legs? Pop up missile launchers?

They're exactly what you think: sonic equipment, for Minmay defense/attack stunts.
>>
File: 5200572207_af1eae8ec1_b.jpg (244KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5200572207_af1eae8ec1_b.jpg
244KB, 1024x768px
>>14158809

You don't have an explanation. You never had a well-thought-out opinion with explanations. You're nothing but a summary, you don't have a well-thought-out opinion with explanations. You do have explanations, but a well-thought-out one you don't, since that would imply a more in-depth view of why you holds your views.
>>
>>14159335
Ahhhhh, thanks!
>>
>>14159349

Are you finished with your sophistry now? Or are you going to admit that the post in question didn't go in to any depth about why that anon holds his opinion. I'm not even begruding him the right to have it, or saying he doesn't have good reason - only that he didn't give a well thought out opinion with explanations for why if he did.
>>
>>14144913
>Soko ni Aru no ga Mirai dakara

One of the best songs in macross.
>>
File: IMG_9819.jpg~original.jpg (47KB, 350x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9819.jpg~original.jpg
47KB, 350x435px
>>
File: Macross Chronicle 11 part 5.jpg (371KB, 1076x1401px) Image search: [Google]
Macross Chronicle 11 part 5.jpg
371KB, 1076x1401px
>>14162306
>>
File: Macross Chronicle 11 part 6.jpg (345KB, 1087x1415px) Image search: [Google]
Macross Chronicle 11 part 6.jpg
345KB, 1087x1415px
>>14162312
>>
File: Design2.jpg~original.jpg (117KB, 582x800px) Image search: [Google]
Design2.jpg~original.jpg
117KB, 582x800px
>>14162317
>>
File: IMG_7541.jpg~original.jpg (49KB, 350x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7541.jpg~original.jpg
49KB, 350x461px
>>14162353
>>
I love Macross II. I also love that it's available in glorious 1080p.
>>
>>14144789
Macross II is just AU Obari Macross.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.