[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate the /m/Cs. Who is best boy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: 6894734.jpg (101KB, 604x301px) Image search: [Google]
6894734.jpg
101KB, 604x301px
Rate the /m/Cs.

Who is best boy?
>>
Listen to my song tier
>Basara

Banter tier
>Macross II guy
>Hayate

Madman tier
>Isamu

Ok tier
>Rick
>Macross Zero guy

more feminine than kamille tier
>Alto
>>
Isamu
Shin
Hayate
Hikaru
Basara
Hibiki
Alto
>>
File: 12207121_p0.jpg (58KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
12207121_p0.jpg
58KB, 480x640px
>>14134739
He's not on there
>>
>>14134836
He's the best character. Not the main character
>>
1. Isamu
2. Hikaru
3. Shin
4. Hibiki
5. Alto
6. Basara
7. Hayate

Gamlin should have been the MC of M7 though. Basara was a great plot device, but a boring MC.
>>
>>14134994
I would have liked that, similar to how max was a better pilot and his relationship with milia was the foundation of peace but Hikaru is still the mc
>>
Isamu
Basara
Shin
Hikaru
Hayate
Hibiki
Alto
>>
>all those Isamu #1s

/m/ confirmed for a bullied nerd who thinks his bully will stop if you suck his dick enough
>>
Who was least autistic?
>>
>>14134739
Where the hell is Ozma and Bob...
>boy
Ah.
>>14135018
Nah, nostalgia for plus.
And as other anon wrote, madman thier.
>>
>>14135018
I actually don't like Isamu that much. I just put him first because if I didn't /m/ would bully me and say I have shit taste
>>
>>14134994

Gamlin didn't do anything though. If he was the main character then you'd either have to have him play music to the protodevlin at the end, meaning surpassing Basara as a musician, which is stupid. Or having someone besides your main character finish off the villains. Which would not only mean a completely different end to the series, but you'd have to change a lot of story beats to suit Gamlin (a pilot) instead of Basara (a musician) along with a lot of the show's themes. Which is also stupid.

Basara is the protagonist because it's his story and he's the one driving a lot of the events in show. Gamlin is cool, but he's not main character, because he isn't Basara and has no direct hand in a lot of the show. He'd never wake Sybil, he'd never befriended Gigil, he'd never play music at the Protodevlin. It's not hus show.
>>
>>14134739
> best boy
But those last two are girls, aren't they?
>>
File: grrrr.gif (2MB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
grrrr.gif
2MB, 500x222px
>>14134739
wait... bright blue hair and a hair pin and that's a boy?
>>
>>14135051
The best MCs, especially for a long series like M7, should have good character progression. Gamlin as a side character already had this in spades. He started off hating Firebomber to being it's most active supporter.

Basara at the end of the show was no different than at the start. He's not relatable and he's not developed well.

And there's no reason for M7 with Gamlin as the MC needs to have him play music or finishing off the villians. Basara can still do that. Alto did not have to sing better than Sheryl and Ranka to defeat the Vajra. I doubt Delta will end with Hayate surpassing Walkure in fold wave generation by dancing.
>>
>>14135168
I think Kawamori learned from 7. Mikumo is The Basara - a crucial element of the story, but a immutable one, the fulcrum around whom others turn - and the main three will hopefully all develop.
>>
>>14135168

> Alto did not have to sing better than Sheryl and Ranka to defeat the Vajra.

Cause he killed Grace instead. Who was the show's main villain. And which was more important than singing. Sheryl and Ranka sang to support him, Brera, SMS and NUNS. Alto flew, shot and killed while they supported him.

Basara isn't the best main character, but it absolutely is his story and his show. You can't replace him as the main character without replacing a lot of the story because he's so central to the events.
>>
>>14134739
Basara > Hikaru > Isamu > Hibiki > Shin > Alto

No opinion on the Delta character yet.

>>14134839
>>14134994
>>14135011
>>14135027
Best non-MCs:

Max > Gamlin > Ozma
>>
>>14135069
Eventually there will be a Macross MC with boobs, and Kawamori will expect the viewers to assume that he is a boy too.
>>
>>14135168
>Gamlin this, Gamlin that

Gigil die for your songs.
>>
>>14135024
Hibiki is more Judau tier.
>>
>>14135315
>Best non-MCs

Max > Gamlin > Ozma > Nexx
>>
>>14135326
Martyr tier:

Gigile > Roy > Kinryu > Guld > Michael
>>
>>14134739
Isamu=Hikaru>literal shit>nigga from zero=nigga from II>Altoid
Undecided but probably shit tier the new guy
Autistic faggot tier
Basara
This is straight from evo, you can't dispute the top players.
>>
>>14135597
>Isamu=Hikaru
Lolno.
>>
File: 1400085690788.jpg (335KB, 2000x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1400085690788.jpg
335KB, 2000x1432px
>>14135599
Hikaru got a lot of points in my book for telling minmay to fuck off.
>>
>>14135607
That isn't what happened in the least anon.

And let's pretend that he did, it certainly wasn't before like episode 34 or some shit
>>
>>14135607

Hikaru got a lot of points in my book for being a good civilian pilot who hesitated to join the military and needed training to be as good as many at combat piloting but not the best. He was a decent flight leader too and not as able to recognise his faults and the skill of others. He grew up a good bit over the show and I really like that. I dislike how indecisive the post final battle stuff made him, because him choosing Misa after a lot of thought and time was great. Those episodes are some of the best despite that though.
>>
>>14135607
>Hikaru got a lot of points in my book for telling minmay to fuck off.

He gets 0 points, well 1 point for pairing with Misa. But look at the grand picture, for almost 36 episodes he basically runs over himself to get his dick inside Minmay. Doesn't work but he tries oh if he tries. And Misa is a fucking idiot too, she cleans his house like a good housewife but without the benefits. Talk about 2 bumbling idiots. Man I wish SDF Macross had the love story centered on Roy and Claudia. It would have been much more interesting.
>>
Basara
Isamu
Shin
Hikaru
Hibiki
Alto

too early to tell with Hayate
>>
>>14135018

sounds more like, Anon confirmed for bullied nerd who shits himself whenever an alpha shows up
>>
>>14134739
>Who is best boy?
No one in that list
>>
>>14135766
cool projection bro. the truth hurts, doesn't it
>>
>>14135704
>Hikaru got a lot of points in my book for being a good civilian pilot who hesitated to join the military
Let me stop you right there. You realize he only joined the military to impress Minmay right? He wasn't giving a fuck about it until Minmay brought up that she thought soldiers were cool and they go through that near-death experience. Like at least the other protagonists have reasons to fly VFs other than trying to make a girl go out with them.
>>
>>14135807

Let me stop you right there. He joins the military because he saw the city being destroyed and realized he had to help in some way. Minmei wanting him to join and getting to show off his uniform and such was a perk he took advantage of, but wasn't the reason he joined.
>>
>>14135798

The only one projecting here you, mate. If you bent over you could present power point
>>
>>14135917
Not him but he's right, furthermore Hikaru had a taste for flying well before he met Minmay and Roy Fokker was his role model.
>>
>>14135168
>Basara at the end of the show was no different than at the start. He's not relatable and he's not developed well.

He didn't develop, that's true, but I certainly found him relatable.
>>
>>14136092

Of course he liked flying before he joined the military. That doesn't change that he only decided to join when the Macross was attacked and the city destroyed by it. He even says he can't just sit by while it happens if I recall. Minmei made him think about it, but didn't factor in to him doing it.
>>
Aegis > Leon > those other nerds > Alto > Hayate
>>
>>14136095
I really don't think Basara is supposed to be relateable. Not even insultingly, I mean from a design standpoint.

We don't really get anything about him, his past is a mystery, his goals don't really become clear until the story goes on and he really doesn't seem to care about anybody at all. He seems to love his fans but he also doesn't care much about them either. I don't really know how Basara can be seen as relatable when he is so super special while also being such a "I keep everything to myself and don't tell people".

I mean say what you will about Alto, he may be a perpetually angry jerk but at least I know why he's a perpetually angry jerk
>>
I must be the only one who didn't really like Hikaru that much at all.

He was fine in DYRL. Felt like his character was written a lot better there but in SDF he felt like the most annoying mecha protag ever sometimes
>>
>>14136108

Because I get what kind of person he is as a musician myself. He's Axl Rose, he's the guy that ONLY gives a shit about the music, fuck the rest of the band, fuck the money, fuck the fans.
>>
BEST BOY
>>
Basara > Alto > Isamu > Hayate > Hikaru > Shin
>>
Hikaru was the most realistic, if you factor in his age and how he stepped over his own dick for Minmay but then realized that Misa as best girl. Doesn't mean best MC, but certainly most realistic.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 225x350px
>>
>>14136210
I think you overestimate Hikaru. I mean he did choose Misa by the end and if he had stuck with Misa after episode 27, that would be great but he was a real wishy-washy MC still pining for Minmay for a long time after that. Also even before hand he couldn't get that Minmay just wasn't that into him.
>>
>>14134739
Alto because he makes my dick diamonds.
>>
File: tumblr_mii4vzamCS1s40tcxo1_500.gif (506KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mii4vzamCS1s40tcxo1_500.gif
506KB, 500x360px
>>14136237

The fact that he's not in DYRL automatically makes the movie 60% less fun than SDF to me.
>>
>>14136506
But he is. He's just not important
>>
>>14136506
Actually, he is; he's the Zentrandi that Roy takes out personally right before dying.
>>
Moved the Mountain tier:
Basara

Information High tier:
Isamu

"Wish he was a tad more likeable, but still like him just because of his love for flight" tier:
Alto

What a dork tier:
Hikaru

Can't remember a single line of dialogue spoken by either tier:
Hibiki
Shin

Waiting for Delta to finish before watching/reading threads tier:
Deltaman
>>
>>14136567
>Can't remember a single line of dialogue spoken by either tier:
>Shin
I remember a lot of SARAAAAAA
>>
>>14136469
Worst MC, yet the only one I'd like to violate.
>>
Isamu is the best pilot.

Hibiki was, uh. A bit of a nonentity. Like, all he did was take Ishtar to his gay friend and then visit all the national landmarks.

Hikaru had a lot of great growth and progression in Macross and is probably the most interesting.

Shin screamed a lot.

Hayate's a dancing fiend. It's too early to tell too much about him.

Basara is probably the most fun to watch do stuff.

Alto is the prettiest.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.