[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sunrise should remake from Gundam 0079 to CC...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 15

File: tumblr_lsiyma76YQ1qeumowo1_500.gif (372KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsiyma76YQ1qeumowo1_500.gif
372KB, 500x375px
What should change...

Bad designs should disapear like the flying tank.

Amuro gets the Alex Gundam upgrade mid-way the series.

Char gets the MSN-03-2 Great Zeong instead of the incomplete.
>https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bd/d9/5c/bdd95c3f1ceddfff899a40c97a57a7f5.jpg

Then later on Z Gundam... Amuro has the Gundam GP-03 hidden under his house.
He gets to upgrade to the MSZ-006-3A Zeta Gundam 3A Type.

Then on ZZ Gundam Amuro has to get the MSA-0011 S Gundam. Pwns everybody.

Then on CC, Amuro gets the Hi-ν Gundam instead. And follows the Beltorchika's Children instead.
>>
>>14130281
so basically you want the entire series to be amuro: the series?
>>
>>14130281
>Amuro gets the alex
>Retconning 0080

Prepare to be shit on.
>>
File: 997.gif (179KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
997.gif
179KB, 400x225px
How about they leave the plot exactly as is and just reanimate everything instead?
>>
File: 1451472075509.jpg (257KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1451472075509.jpg
257KB, 1500x1200px
>>14130306
Why, the animation is fine.
>>
>>14130281
>Sunrise should remake from CC...
ftfy

CC needs a remake to make it not suck. And not needlessly kill off Astonaige. And not waste precious movie minutes introducing and setting up shitloads of new characters (especially kids what the fuck is it with movies and kids?). And maybe attemtp to connect better with the previous series, other than a couple lines of dialogue?
>>
>>14130294
they could just move the dates and say it got rebuilt after a colony skirmish,you could even have an episdoe where they have to go to the colony to retrieve it so we get an AL cameo
>>
Rework the timeline so it makes a bit more sense for there to be as many mobile suits as there are in the last couple of weeks of the war.

Normalize or ditch the dumber designs.

Reference the side stories in the main series so it all ties together better.

Tone down newtype space magic.

Give Zeon better motivation than being Hitler in space, because even Hitler had a better excuse to seize power and start a war than the Zabi family did.
>>
File: jjej.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
jjej.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>14130313
You're not even wrong.

Screw this remake idea, how about they just put out less shitty of the UC blu-rays. It's cheaper and easier for them and better for us, win-win.

(Secretly requesting the comparison between the 0079 blu-ray and the unfiltered footage from a commercial for the box set. I've misplaced it.)
>>
Why stop on CC?

Let's keep going

Amuro gets the Banshee later.

Then Amuro makes a fucking awesome newtype reaction.
Amuro goes to the future. He thens get the G-Lucifer and is got unstopable tier because no one is a new type there.

Then he tries to go back to the past, but he goes even more to the future. Now he gets back a RX-78-2 and no one from Turn-A-Gundam can stop him because he is god tier new type by now.
>>
>>14130306
why is that child so spinny?
>>
>>14130294
OP is obviously baiting so it's not like it matters, but you'd only need to make some very minimal changes to 0080 to make it work. Basically the Alex would have to take less damage, enough that it can be repaired, and the whole story would probably have to happen a bit earlier so there's time for it to be delivered before the war ends. That's all.
>>
>>14130357

If the Alex takes insignificant damage, wont Bernies death be that much more pointless? Who wants to see him hamburgered without putting up a decent fight?
>>
>>14130366
This is more so what I was referring to, it makes the entire point of 0080's story moot, and we all know 0080 is one of the best (if not THE best) OVA.
>>
>>14130281
Here's what should really change

Replace Amuro with the superior protagonist, Kamille.
>>
>>14130281
I'm not against remaking UC stuff, ut not for it to be "the Amuro Century". I don't have anyything against Amuro. I like him. But not at the expense of others.

If anything, my personal ideal "Remake UC" would probably

-Taking a reference from the Origin manga, switch up some order of events, Odessa takes place after Jaburo, so the GM is implemented earlier, and Sleggar joins sooner.
-"Mid Season upgrade" to the G3, with some tweaks. Sayla gets the original Gundam. Char gets a Dom between his Zaku and Gelgoog.
-Sayla stays relevant in Zeta and Char's Counterattack.
-Kamille is prominent in Char's Counterattack
-Sayla and Kamille are members of Amuro's Londo Bell team, so both can have their own closure with their relationships to Char.

Just a few things I'd change.
>>
>>14130417
Nigger, please
>>
>>14130294
0080 is shit outside of the mobile suits it introduces anyway, so what's the big deal with that part at least?
>>
File: great.gif (2MB, 164x275px) Image search: [Google]
great.gif
2MB, 164x275px
>>14130547
You think I'll let you off with that? Let me see your bait license or get ready to pay the fine.
>>
>>14130557
Get over it.
>>
File: 1454273295221.jpg (467KB, 4224x2376px) Image search: [Google]
1454273295221.jpg
467KB, 4224x2376px
>>14130562
Alright buster that's enough for one day.
>>
>>14130568
>>14130557
0080 is a slightly less horrible 08th MS Team. Which isn't really saying much in the long run to begin with.
>>
File: 1454267160856.jpg (481KB, 1920x948px) Image search: [Google]
1454267160856.jpg
481KB, 1920x948px
>>14130575
You're free to stop baiting at any time. Just say whenever you're ready to discuss it normally.
>>
File: 1341413994129.jpg (105KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1341413994129.jpg
105KB, 400x400px
>>14130583
Other people having different opinions from you isn't baiting, you gigantic faggot. You can like Seed or Macross Zero as well, but that doesn't make them good.
>>
>>14130583
>>14130568
>>14130557
Stop avatar fagging.
>>
>>14130351
But why in turn-a would he use the RX-78-2? Just have him use the banshee to show the dark history and make everyone UNDERSTAND.
>>
>>14130589
But playing dumb and stating that a well-loved entry is shit while saying "what's the big deal" is baiting, because you're looking for replies instead of acknowledging its popularity is baiting. And then bringing up 08th MS Team as a comparison is asking for even more replies. I'd give you a D based on your performance.

>>14130593
My bad.
>>
>>14130598
>But playing dumb
How was that being "dumb"?
>well-loved entry
Subjective. Absolutely subjective.
>is baiting.
Not it isn't.

Now invent more ad hoc bullshit because you got ass blasted two anons don't like 0080. In fact looking at it, you jumped on one anon for calling it shit with your colon busted over him being fine with it being "retconned" out.

You are pathetic.
>>
>>14130608
*No it isn't.
>>
>>14130547
I don't think it's shit, but it's very underwhelming.

The actually palpable anti-war message is nice, but making it 3 episodes shorter would've been just as effective provided they cut out some of the bloat. Now you may say that, the rest of the stuff was there to set the atmosphere so the finale was more poignant, but I really believe more could've been done with the time allotted.

The show looks grand, and the few times the Alex actually sorties, especially for the first time, are really BIG. I still think that effect can remain, simply because the presentation of those what 2 sequences is so fucking good. Even if you reduce some of (what I'd call) filler, the impact of those scenes wouldn't be reduced based almost entirely on how well those sequences are established.

Just my 2 cents.

All in all, good, but could be better if it didn't meander--again just how I feel--so much.
>>
>>14130611
The sappy romance, the child protagonist, the overly forced "war is bad" thematic, and the pointless exposition between the final few episodes narrative scenes to flesh out the entire OYW background seems kind of bad.

Also the implicated ambiguity relationship or whatever between Bernie and Chris was pretty underwhelming. It was okay.

I don't get why people fucking wank 0080 so much as some kind of emotional rollercoster of feels. There's absolutely little to attach to with any of the characters there.
>>
File: spooky.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.gif
174KB, 299x240px
>>14130281
Give Amuro Shining Gundam in 0079, Kampfer in Zeta, and God Gundam in CCA

This its the only thing that would make me consider watching UC Gundam
>>
>>14130619
Fuck off secondary

>>14130615
>>14130611
I'll agree on that much: 0080 was decent but really nothing to write home about.
>>
File: Zeekfags in a nutshell.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zeekfags in a nutshell.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>14130615
>forced
Please stop using this. Everything written is by-definition "forced." What you mean is inorganic, or more aptly in this case, heavy-handed.

I agree.

And like I said, it would serve the story better if they cut out that filler, and the message could still easily be as clear.

As to the >feels, I'm guessing it as to do with the very vocal amount of Zeek-babbies on this board that saw a little too much of themselves in Bernie.
>>
>>14130608
Played dumb when you said "what's the big deal" when told you were going to get shit on. You could have simply owned up to your opinion.
Well-loved is not subjective, it's statistics. It's like saying that /m/ liking Gundam is subjective when clearly 90% of the discussion is about it. Well-loved =/= good, retard.
It's baiting when you fish for replies.

>you jumped on one anon for calling it shit with your colon busted over him being fine with it being "retconned" out.
It's about the way it's done, not the opinion itself.
>>
>>14130615
I'd say that there's friendship and some flirting between Bernie and Chris, but I wouldn't call it romantic. The big focus of the show is Bernie becoming the older brother/male role model Al was missing. Al's fascination with war is overtaken by a friendship with Bernie. No one in the show says "war is bad", but by the end of the movie we'd rather see Bernie live than see a really cool Zaku vs Gundam fight.
>>
File: spinning.gif (233KB, 500x177px) Image search: [Google]
spinning.gif
233KB, 500x177px
>>14130353
She used Gyro Ball.
>>
Stupid question.
If the RX-78-2 was the first MS the Feds made, why are the GMs worse performance wise?
>>
>>14130663
>No one in the show says "war is bad"
They do, perhaps not literally those words, but "it's" stated several times.

I thought the Chris/Bernie thing was fine.

The problem really in my mind, rests with Al. I think is that his role could've easily been filled in in full by Chris. She has a home, family, and a will to protect people, but unlike Al, actually has the means. Hell, I dunno make it edgy or something and have her an hero at the end to drive home the war=bad thing.

Not the guy you're replying to either btw.
>>
>>14130685
>Stupid question.
Yeah, yeah it really is.

Do you want someone to explain it to you, or would you prefer to reason it out yourself?

I'll do it if you want, but I'll be disappointed.
>>
>>14130691
They didn't have the budget?
>>
>>14130685
Offensively, the beam rifle was too expensive to mass produce.

For armor and maneuverability, gundarium/lunar titanium is lighter and stronger than the alloy used in mass production GMs but too expensive.

There's also the core block system and the combat computer which were too expensive for the mass production models.
>>
>>14130694
No.
>>
>>14130336
>Give Zeon better motivation than being Hitler in space
They fought for independence, pay attention.
>>
>>14130287
>gundam series about follow the entire life of amuro through the UC until unicorn where is revealed he is FULL FRONTAL whole time.

what bad with this?
>>
>>14130641
>trying to shift the goal posts this much
Pathetic beyond belief.
>>
>>14130281
fuck that idea. they should just do Origin all the way.
>>
>>14130805
>"Just say whenever you're ready to discuss it normally."
>kept repeating that it was about feigning ignorance to the popularity rather than 0080's quality, which is unrelated
Feel free to actually read my posts at any time.
>>
>>14130821
Free free to learn how to actually debate first, you piss-ant.
>>
>>14130713

They did a shit job of showing it, then. What was the problem that they needed independence? What resources of theirs were being exploited? What were they being denied? Why all the talk about spacenoids as superhumans who needed to depopulate the Earth because ecological reasons or whatever, if their own personal freedoms were actually the issue? I get why the Zabis wanted personal power, but what motivated the average Munzo colonist into such a rage that gassing fellow colonists and dropping colonies on Earth seemed like a reasonable thing to do? What was so great about Zeon Zum Deikun? The guy seemed a bit nuts to me. Like, if the Zabis hadnt assassinated him he just would have been space Hitler himself instead. In Origin he doesnt make any profound statements or highlight actual issues, he just rants like a lunatic about spacenoid evolution for a minute, predicts his own martyrdom, then fucking dies without even giving his speech. Jimba Ral, his closest friend, does ONE rational thing in protecting his family, then devolves into a quivering mess spouting the same bullshit about the coming master race and hating the Federation for things nobody ever bothers to show outside of a few Feddies acting like dicks in a bar.
>>
>>14131953
They give most of those details in the later entries. They simply weren't needed for the basic setting.
People in space want independence
People on earth won't let them
*boom boom bang pow*
War

Capiche?
>>
what the fuck is up with all these ESLs
>>
>>14131975
>zeon declares independence several years before OYW
>feds make no attempt to stop them but also don't recognize it and the earth proper stops trading with them
>zeon, despite being energy independent and self sufficient on food, gets buttblasted that people don't recognize their special little space place :^(
>spend several years mismanaging resources, developing weapons, and then start a war of aggression by gassing 1/2 the human populace and causing a disaster on earth

also, "people in space want independence but earth won't give it to them" is insane, side 6 is clearly not politically or militarily part of the EF during the OYW despite both sides attempting to control it and use it. Zeon was fighting for independence in the same way the nazis were fighting against communism in WWII or the USA was fighting terrorism in Iraq
>>
>>14130281
>talking shit about the flying tanks
I bet you dislike guntanks too.
>>
>>14131953
Zeon are space nazis in First Gundam.

No more no less. Only edgy teens would side with them based on that show (I'm not talking about the rest of the franchise). Or /pol posters (does 4chan have a /pol?).
>>
>>14130687
Yeah I wonder why a Japanese show doesn't say "war is fun".

First Gundam was written in the seventies, there were still people around who remembered WW2 and it's aftermath.
>>
>>14131987
>in the same way Nazis were fighting against communism
By directly invading and burning the communist superpower? Say what you will about the Nazis but they were right about Russia.
>>
File: 1380459076578.jpg (34KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
1380459076578.jpg
34KB, 302x225px
>>14130281
>What should change
Zeon should win the war, with the Zabi family being overtaken by Char as the true leader~
>>
>>14131987
Zeon did the wrong things for the right reasons
>>
>>14130287
It would be an improvement. Amuro is based as fuck.
>>
>>14130486
Kamille in CCA would be fucking rough on Char.
>>
>>14132031
Are you retarded?

The post clearly says the message is there. Nowhere does it suggest that the message shouldn't be the same.

Fucking moron.
>>
>>14131975

>They give most of those details in the later entries.

I don't even know which entries you're talking about, but it doesn't even matter. We're talking about what they should do better if they remade 0079, and I believe that giving better context to Zeon's aggression, and doing it within the narrative of the show itself, is one of those things.
>>
>>14132098
Then I apologise. Too many times do I see people on the Internet bitch about the pacifistic message in Gundam to the point that I get easily triggered.
>>
>>14132150
>I don't even know which entries you're talking about
Watch all of them, then.

>I believe that giving better context to Zeon's aggression, and doing it within the narrative of the show itself, is one of those things.
There's no need for it, really.
>>
>>14132038
Not really, the nazis killed millions of people in the Soviet Union and not all of those were communists.
>>
>>14132154
>>I don't even know which entries you're talking about
>Watch all of them, then.

I have. Unless I've forgotten something, none of them really elaborate on Zeon's motivations in a satisfying way.

>>I believe that giving better context to Zeon's aggression, and doing it within the narrative of the show itself, is one of those things.
>There's no need for it, really.

Outside of it making for a better narrative, I guess not.
>>
>>14132165
>none of them really elaborate on Zeon's motivations in a satisfying way.

Pull your head out of your ass.

>for a better narrative
Only by your standards.
>>
>>14132170
>Pull your head out of your ass.

Fuck you, give an example if I'm so wrong.

>Only by your standards.

Imagine that, opinions in an opinion thread.
>>
> 0079 was cancelled
> tomino didn't show its entire story
> remake would be the entire original story including CCA
>>
>>14130294
>>14130281
Maybe get his hands on a re-fit of G03/04. RX-78 NT-01 was scrapped at that point.
>>
Christ, this franchise is so shit
>>
>>14130351
Wait, Bellri wasn't a newtype? I just assumed he was because he seemed to get the hang of things fast.
>>
>>14132184

> Original story has Char realise revenge lead to him helping someone he shouldn't, that it was wrong and then helping Amuro and being implicated to die

> this is somehow compatible with CCA
>>
>>14135349

He is, he even has a newtype reaction to the death of the Guytrash's pilot
>>
>>14130486
>-Kamille is prominent in Char's Counterattack
>-Sayla and Kamille are members of Amuro's Londo Bell team, so both can have their own closure with their relationships to Char.

I thought Kamille gets his memory wiped at the end of Zeta though, so you'd retcon that ending?
>>
>>14130417

Were Kamille and Amuro the best Gundam protagonists?
>>
Yes, because what gunpla needs is MORE RX-78-2 AND ZAKU KITS!
>>
>>14135591
>I thought Kamille gets his memory wiped at the end of Zeta though, so you'd retcon that ending?
Hes back to normal at the end of ZZ, or if you want to be one of those guys with "muh New Translation is totally canon now" then hes fine.
Either way, hes good to go come CC time.
>>
>>14130486
>-Kamille is prominent in Char's Counterattack
>-Sayla and Kamille are members of Amuro's Londo Bell team
anon no

tomino would really kill kamille this time if they brought him back for the movie
>>
>>14136985

He would just be cyber newtyoe'd by Char, can't retards see this?

It does seem like the Origin team is interested in making a Gundam Origin adaptation. I don't think Zeta or ZZ would though, especially considering A New Translation already exists you fucks.
>>
>>14137069
Honestly, while I like the manga, I wouldn't want a straight adaptation of Origin for a remake. Elements of it, sure. But not a straight adaptation.
>>
>>14131975
>They give most of those details in the later entries. They simply weren't needed for the basic setting.People in space want independencePeople on earth won't let them*boom boom bang pow*WarCapiche?

Sure, but then don't complain that 0079 appeals to six year olds. 'Cause that's the level of storytelling. No more complicated than your run of the mill 70s era super robot series.

Lets be clear, there are many ways to tell a story, it's just that 0079 Gundam goes the wrong way about doing it. As another guy said the motivations of the Zeon are not credible enough. Not enough for a global mass genocide.

This is the one pete peve I have with the early UC events. What's told by the narrator/voiceoverand what's shown are so different that you really have a hard time wondering why half the human population was killed at all.

Fans are always shouting how the politics of the UC is great and all, and all other Gundam AU are shit but seriously they're wrong. The politics in UC don't make sense. It all boils down to you're a bad dude I'm going to kill you. Rinse repeat from the other side.
>>
>>14137157
>It all boils down to you're a bad dude I'm going to kill you
You forgot the stupid ramblings about muh ideals and something something newtypes and oldtypes
>>
>>14137157
Eh, good and bad about how things telling a storry is subjective as fuck thought, and debating it just makes matter worst.

I can just say that most AU and UC over F91 is cheesy and overdesign (i looked at you wings), and beamspam ebrywhere, but eh..... just me

I just, roll it and enjoy the show.
>>
>>14135620
OFFICIAL BEST GUNDAM PROTAGONIST POWER RANKING
1. Amuro
2. Usso/Uso Evin/Ewin/Ebbing/Ebin
3. Kamille

POWER GAP

4. Domon Kasshu
5. Judau Ashta
6. Seabook Arno
7. Setsuna

POWER GAP

8. Bellri "I want to impregnate my sister" Zenam
9. Kira Yamato
10. Loran Cehack
11. Garrod Ran
12. Shit
900. Asuno Family
90000000000000000000000000000000000. Mika Augus
>>
>>14132012
I just like the Zaku.
Would join to pilot that.
>>
>>14130417
>Replace Amuro with the superior protagonist, Kamille.

Jesus man, Kamille is 10 times the autistic Amuro is. No thanks. I'll take Amuro over Kamille warts and all.One of the reason Gundam Zeta is so shit is because of its main character.
>>
>>14130351

> Corin is actually Amuro and hates the Gundam because he's also Tomino's mouthpiece.

You know what, I'll take it.
>>
>>14130357

The Alex already suffered superficial damage. It lost one arm gatling, lost it's head and got a cut on the stomach. It can be repaired, probably in a few days at most. They just didn't repair it, because the war was over the same day. Peace is negotiated at midnight that day in a text epilogue or something.
>>
>>14130687

Him not having the means is somewhat the point, because he's a kid, with a kids view of war (it's fun, a game) and disabused of that notion by the finale.

Someone like Chris who already pilots and knowingly puts herself at greater risk by running in to a trap to avoid civilian casualties won't have that view.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.