[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /m/ like Michael Bay's transformers movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: michael_bay.jpg (76KB, 470x705px) Image search: [Google]
michael_bay.jpg
76KB, 470x705px
Does /m/ like Michael Bay's transformers movies?
>>
>>14124267
Yes, especially when asshats at Macross World mistaken his movies for rape.
>>
The humor is cringe.
The splosions are nice.
>>
1 and 4 are okay-ish. 2 and 3 are pure shit.
>>
>>14124284
I wish that place was hacked, it is populated by dipshits that deserve it and lazy ass mods
>>
No.
>>
>>14124267
4 > 2 > 3 > 1
>>
>>14124267
They're certaintly better than the G1 cartoon.
>>
File: MIND_SKY01.jpg (72KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MIND_SKY01.jpg
72KB, 768x1024px
>>14124267
1>4>3>2

but 2 toys is objectively the best. 3 Human alliance line is pretty dope too
>>
>>14124297
This
>>
GIVE ME YOUR FACE
>>
>>14124354
Go to bed kid
>>
>>14124572
Go back to /toy/ you triggered manchild ;^)
>>
>>14124267
Nope i heard micheal bay cast some young girl in the next film
>>
>>14124383
>>14124341
4 had some improvement mainly it had more transformers screen time and less military propaganda but still the pacing and how story progress horrible made 2 and 3 look good i don't really know what to expect with 5 and other spins off and hasbroverse
>>
>>14124267
theyre a lot better when you seem them drunk in the dollar theatre
>>
I'd be lying if I said 3 and 4 didn't feel like the actual retarded plots G1 Megatron loved to come up with.
>>
>>14124267
No, No, No no no, No no, definatly not, the dinobots look pretty cool i guess
>>
>>14124267

Only Bay movies I ever really enjoyed were Bad Boys 1 & 2 and The Rock, more recently 13 hours.
>>
>>14125013
>not Armageddon
what a pleb
>>
1 was tolerable but not very good, 2 and 3 were absolutely awful. I haven't bothered with 4 and I don't plan to.

>>14125013
I kinda liked Pain & Gain, watching a couple of asshole meatheads fuck up everything appeals to my inner dick.
>>
>>14125032

shit I forgot about that one, thanks m8.

>Leaving on a jet plane
>>
File: ROTF-Megatron.jpg (490KB, 1802x973px) Image search: [Google]
ROTF-Megatron.jpg
490KB, 1802x973px
I'd say 1>3>4>2.

I must admit I have a somewhat soft spot for Revenge of the Fallen, due to the awesome battle choreography (opening China fight, forest fight) and I absolutely love Megatron's design in it.

Also, I found Megatron's lines quite hilarious in RotF.

"I can't even rely on you for one simple insect!"
"One insect among seven billion!"

"Brain? What does he mean by my brain?"
"Well, you have something on your mind. Something I need."
>>
File: Pain_&_Gain_film_poster.jpg (23KB, 260x383px) Image search: [Google]
Pain_&_Gain_film_poster.jpg
23KB, 260x383px
>>14125013
Pain and Gain is bretty good
>>
File: cosmic kind of feels.jpg (379KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic kind of feels.jpg
379KB, 800x600px
>"i bring you Cybertron, your HOME, and still you choose humanity."
>"you're the one who taught me freedom is everyone rights!"
>>
>>14124955
Because 3 WAS a retarded plot Megatron used in the G1 cartoon.
>>
I know they have to appease advertisers and certain key demographics and such, but the Bayformers movies would be a lot better if they cut down the screen time for the human characters we don't care about.

Hollywood has this bad habit of inserting faux philosophy and poorly written character drama into movies that SHOULD be fun, mindless action. The current popularity of the Marvel movies is because they've found a decent balance between the two.
>>
>tfw Devastation is the best thing to out of the TF franchise in the last decade
>>
>>14127307
sequel never because Platinum is mad busy making TMNT game using the same and engine and probably will re-use it for more 80s-90s morning cartoon revival games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYCfDjpJPlI

i don't mind Thundercats or He-man game by platinum but fuck i want Devastation 2
>>
I used to like Bay's iteration of Transformers. My dad and his brother are huge fans of both the American and Japanese G1 cartoons.

After I badmouthed G1, they would gift me knockoff Transformers toys on my birthday and Christmas while my older brother and cousins get authentic ones. One cousin now has a collection of Masterpieces.

This experience has soured me on Transformers.
>>
>>14127344

Can I get a M.A.S.K. game? I don't like how much cross-hatching like detail is on the Turtles, in terms of random scratches since I think they look better in the clean style of the animation, but I'll probably get it regardless.

I hope they make a One Piece or mech game some day. Regardless of your feelings on certain shonen manga (One Piece, Bleach, My Hero Academia etc) they'd make for great action games. Which is all I want.
>>
>>14127302
>bad habit of inserting faux philosophy and poorly written character drama into movies that SHOULD be fun, mindless action.
And unnecessary romance as well.
>>
>>14127344
Kinda bummed the TMNT game isn't going as 80s-nostalgia heavy as the Transformers one did.
>>
File: mantaboxfrontus.jpg (161KB, 1016x400px) Image search: [Google]
mantaboxfrontus.jpg
161KB, 1016x400px
>>14127360
>M.A.S.K game
>basically Twisted Metal by Platinum

yes please
>>
>>14127358
>give you bad presents for not liking what they like
Dude, your family are dicks.
>>
>>14127390

Hilariously so from an outsider perspective, since while it show's disagreement, it shows a willingness to play around with and have fun with that difference.
>>
>>14124267
I saw the first one twice. The second time was really just to confirm that we didn't see Starscream die. On the third day of the film's release, I downloaded a camrip but never got around to watching it. Twice was enough.

Then when the second movie came out someone at work almost had me hyped to go see it until he said the words "Megatron's boss". After that I just didn't care at all anymore. Really it was mostly the "Peter Cullen is playing Optimus Prime again!" that got me so hype for the first one, but everyone's characterization was even more off than their transformations so halfway through the second viewing I already didn't care about anything except getting to the end to confirm that Starscream survived..
>>
>>14126556
you won't see mecha combat like this outside bayformers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgQHgy7Nmkk
>>
>>14127358
that's hilarious but also fucked up
>>
I guess they're OK. They've got some weird mistakes in logic, and they run pretty long, and I think most of their jokes fall flat - but the movies have never claimed to be anything other than big CGI robots blasting the crap out of each other, and in that respect the series is on top of its game.

Didn't care for 2 and 3 too much, but 1 was serviceable and I actually liked 4; 4's particle gimmicks were nice, and I liked some of the human characters in that one.
>>
>>14127358

You deserved it. Instead of badmouthing, you should politely dislike.
>>
>>14127390

The operative word is "badmouthing". He should've just said he preferred Bay's TFs instead of maligning G1.
>>
>>14127358

Maybe if you disagreed with them in a nicer way, you would have gotten nicer toys.
>>
>>14124267
/m/ Doesn't stand for normies
>>
>>14127570
>10 Gundam threads every hour, on the hour
It might not be Normie Central, but it's a 10 minute walk south of it.
>>
>>14124955
That's what made them stand out as good to me
>>
>>14124267
I'd like his movies more if they all didn't feel like they drag out 30-40 minutes longer than they should.
>>
OPTIMUS, NO!

>>14124297
Patrician taste.

That zoom of the guy's charred corpse in 4 is amazing.
>>
>>14125436
I hated them. Mechs look like shit and its hard to tell them apart at times.
>>
>>14126617
>"Why are we fighting to save the humans? They're a primitive and violent race."
>"Were we so different?"
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.