[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fukuda on Seed Destiny controversy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: 20061106022509.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
20061106022509.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
Reposting this because the previous thread was with shitty machine translations and bullshit and people missed the proper translation

Sakuga director Kabashima criticised Morosawa on his blog, and Fukuda says he mets him the other day and Kabashima broke into tears and wailed about how much he regretted ever doubting Morosawa who was a great super genius

Fukuda wants to clear up things from ten years ago, because all people remember are
-What Kabashima posted
-The fact that Kabashima's posts were erased
Which has them assume that his posts were true.

Kabashima already got his punishment back then.

The facts are
-Morosawa was not a huge Nishikawa fan and wasn't even at the last radio recording, Fukuda didn't go there for no reason
-Nishikawa contributed a lot to Seed, taking the time to participate in events and such, and Fukuda got a massive bouquet from him
-It was thus his duty as director to visit Nishikawa's final recording with a bouquet himself
-This was approved by the producer and was done after all the work at the time was cleared up and Fukuda returned directly to the studio immediately after
-Morosawa did nothing wrong
-Most scripts need to be rewritten 3-4 times, some up to 10 times, but Morosawa's were almost always approved on the first go
-She needed time to think before writing but no longer than other people
-She took 1-2 weeks per scripts, in some cases only one day
-Consider how recent shows can't even handle half year series properly before you criticise the Seed Destiny staff
(con.)
>>
>>14120095
-The schedule problems are not the responsibility of the writer or any staff member but the producer and director, who are supposed to balance schedule and quality
-It's one thing to criticise creators on the quality of a work, but speed of work is on the production side of things, so blaming the creators is ridiculous.
-Staff members making public comments and breaking the trust with other staff is something unforgiveable
-But Kabashima himself was unable to do what he wanted at the time and Fukuda thinks he was upset about that
-Kabashima did apologise for everything, and they parted on good terms saying they might work together again sometime
-Morosawa didn't like Fukuda's habit of reading comments online and commenting on the, to her stuff on official pages and articles were everything and there was no point in dirtying your eyes with useless acts
-If you continue making works this sort of misunderstanding will eventually clear up, but he's posting this because Morosawa will never have that chance
-Fukuda says he usually treats all comments on the internet as lies and rubbish, while Morosawa never looked at that sort of stuff to begin with and never knew about all this.
-Kabashima didn't know about most of the facts here, and Fukuda told him about it when they met recently.
>>
>>14120097
Source text (from Facebook):

http://pastebin.com/u9FrUHPP
>>
I don't want to sound rude or disrespectful but this sounds like Fukuda is trying to shift the blame from his wife to himself and other staffers now that she is dead.
Most of Destiny problems lie in the scripts and story progression.
Taking a day to write a script? Yeah maybe a recap.
And this
>but Morosawa's were almost always approved on the first go
sounds a bit silly. Who was going to stop her script? The husband?
>>
>>14120396

That is exactly what he was doing.

I guess he found out that people were cheering his wife's death online and is trying to stop that.

Sorry Fukuda. It's not gonna work. Not as long as Abicion still breathes.
>>
>>14120095
Can't this faggot let go already? CE is dead, him and his waifu made sure of that.
>>
Fukuda sounds like a based husbando
>>
Who cares, just another shitty entry in a shitty franchise. Nothing changes. This rotting putrid cunt of a series has been vomiting hot garbage since the 90s.
>>
>>14120413
>people were cheering his wife's death online
I know it's the internet but come on, sure she's not that great at her job when they were working on seed/destiny and I don't really mourn her passing but she's not exactly someone who deserve that sort of treatment.
>>
>Most scripts need to be rewritten 3-4 times, some up to 10 times, but Morosawa's were almost always approved on the first go
That explains a lot.
>>
>>14120095
Never watched Seed or Destiny. What controversy is he responding to?
>>
>>14120459
SEED was actually well received by the Japanese public despite being hated in a lot of dedicated english communities (insert someone coming in to make a statement about how the Japanese have shit taste here)

The controversy is that Destiny went to shit at about 1/3 in and it's widely believed to be because of conflicts between the staff.
>>
>>14120415
>CE is dead
I feel bad for Fukuda now
>>
>>14120459
There were allegations that Morosawa was a crazy bitch who fucked up production by never turning in scripts on time and abused her relationship with Fukuda to get TMR on the staff.
>>
This reeks of him trying to cover himself and shift blame.

We know from other staff/crew comments that Destiny was a huge cluster**** that went to total shit around the mid 20s. (The second orb fleet battle in episode 28 up until the Freedom's destruction in 34 were all in rough draft form. Everything else afterwards was basically on the fly.)
>>
>>14120524
>SEED was actually well received by the Japanese public despite being hated in a lot of dedicated english communities

Yes and no. SEED was derided for being "childish" by the Japanese Gundam community at the time. Maybe this was a shot at Fukuda's previous shows?

As for controversy, Fukuda himself has been a controversial figure since SEED. He was making jokes at the expense of other people's gundams, going on about how he wanted to make Gundam like a 70's super robot anime, and how he did this and that because he thought it was cool regardless of logic. Destiny though was where he lost a lot of support from the fan community, and him and his wife are pretty hated by Gundam fans nowadays.

SEED's more a nostalgia thing nowadays.
>>
The only thing I liked from SEED was the Strike, and the only thing I liked from Destiny was Lunamaria's design (the character herself went to shit in short order).
>>
>>14120434
>I know it's the internet but come on, sure she's not that great at her job when they were working on seed/destiny and I don't really mourn her passing but she's not exactly someone who deserve that sort of treatment.

Where do you think you are faggot? I still believe her getting cancer in itself was divine retribution.
>>
>>14120670
Who on earth is nostalgiac for SEED
>>
>>14120736
I still like the aile strike. it reminds me of dragonar-1 flyer.
>>
>>14120736
i recently downloaded the HD version of the series because of nostalgia, i somehow tought it would be good.
it wasnt.
>>
>>14120732
>divine retribution.
>believing in G*d
Haha, oh wow.
>>
>>14121386
Shinto gods never died.
>>
>>14120434

Same, I didn't know she died and feel kind of bad now.
>>
>>14121386
>Heathen and underage
Wow.
>>
>>14121386

I'll pray for you.
>>
>>14120767
There is nothing wrong with liking SEED's Mech designs. They're fine. That's not the issue with SEED. (I hear the OST is fine too.)
>>
>>14120413
>I guess he found out that people were cheering his wife's death online and is trying to stop that.

I think it's more that Destiny killed her career due to the behind the scenes drama surrounding her. This is him trying to try clear her name and say she was really this incredible writer who any production would want to have on board.

> What? Her late scripts drove production to a halt? Why, she always handed them in within a normal timeframe and if she wanted to she could push out a script in a day. And her scripts would be approved from the first draft, whereas most writers go through 4-5 drafts. That's how good she was.

> What? The animation director blamed it on her scripts? Why he was just upset because he couldn't do what he wanted and didn't know all the facts. He apologized to me about it, so he knows he was wrong and wasn't trying to be polite with my wife's passing.

> And really, fans have no right talking about how behind the scenes drama ruined the show. They don't see the work that goes into the show.
>>
Can someone greentext TMRevolution's role in this?
>>
>>14122517
learn to read faggot
>>
>>14122529
It's unclear you fat fuck
>>
>>14122547
wrong you're just retarded
>>
>>14122557
Not an argument
>>
>>14122567
no argument that you're retarded
>>
File: 1365979905219.jpg (254KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1365979905219.jpg
254KB, 480x640px
I thought the elevens were really big fans of Seed and Destiny?
>>
>>14122665
It was a massive commercial success, and the characters were extremely popular in polls.
>>
>>14122665

It was popular with teenage girls at the time, but it does have a shitload of detractors. Like, imagine a mecha anime that /a/ would praise out the ass while /m/ would shit on. That's what SEED/Destiny was at the time.
>>14122673
Except we have the president of Bandai saying after the show ended that they were making a new Gundam to attract new fans. And that was after he admitted the teenage girls SEED was popular with weren't interested in buying Gunpla.
>>
>>14122790
>Like, imagine a mecha anime that /a/ would praise out the ass while /m/ would shit on.
Am I going to be the one to say it or does anybody else want to?
>>
>>14122811
Too obvious
>>
>>14122816
Yeah, I forgot where I was.My bad.
>>
>>14120736
>Based designs that look like walking futuristic tanks
>Back in 2003/2005 the entire series screamed FUTURE
>TM Revolution's themes
No one ever said that nostalgia was rational.
>>
>>14120732
wow /b/ro ur so cool!
>>
>>14120095
>Sakuga director Kabashima criticised Morosawa on his blog, and Fukuda says he mets him the other day and Kabashima broke into tears and wailed about how much he regretted ever doubting Morosawa who was a great super genius
Even if that's true, isn't it kind of...tasteless to share this kind of story?
>>
>>14120736
I do, sort of. I watched in when I was in a high school and now it reminds me of those days when life was much simplier and I didn't have to worry about shit like job, wages, bills and so on.
But also it reminds me of how much of an 16 years old edge lord I was at that time, and I'm really glad I grew up from this phase.
Nostalgia is an irrational thing.
>>
File: Bellri smug.jpg (6KB, 183x183px) Image search: [Google]
Bellri smug.jpg
6KB, 183x183px
>>14120095
>Morosawa did nothing wrong

I don't know, wrote SEED destiny is a something wrong I'd say.
>>
All these bean-spilling posts mean nothing that anyone hasn't already said about it.

Morosawa's dead. Okay. Nothing has changed, though. In an alternate universe Destiny could have had the best production crew relationships ever, a cancer-free Morosawa and Naomi could have been openly public, cake-recipe-exchanging BFFs for 10+ years running and on, and Fukuda could routinely treat the crew to dinner, and it won't change a thing about the story reading and connecting like the utility pipes at the disaster site of a Junius 7 fragment landing. The only thing that'll change are threads on /m/ where Morosawa-blaming is now "Fukuda was too nice as a director" or some other reason. The thousands of "how to fix Destiny" will still be there, 99.999% of Earthlings will still be baby-eating savages, Shinn will still be mad as fuck for all the wrong reasons, Kira will still be a collection of scripted lines, and Cagalli will still be a wet tissue.

I'm just speaking from personal opinion. Sure the tirade threads were interesting, but taking backstage drama seriously has never been my strong point regardless of whether they'd been real or not. The work environment could have been Hell itself but I don't think anyone would care as much if Destiny's story wasn't so heavily twisted into a railcar for naive ideals manifesting as favored characters to take a joyride in.

Most of the ragging is as much on Fukuda as it goes to Morosawa, actually, so I fail to see how any of this is supposed to change anything. The overuse of flashbacks, completely torked series settings, and action-sequence cribbing aren't going to unfuck themselves even if every last person who ever made an anti-Morosawa remark flies to Japan to prostrate themselves before him.

>>14123487

I don't expect someone who can tweet "It's not important to explain how one is able to survive detonating high explosives strapped all over himself unscathed" to have the same standard of "tasteless" as us.
>>
>>14122790
>the teenage girls SEED was popular with weren't interested in buying Gunpla
And that's how Bearguy was made.
>>
>>14123487

Assuming Fukuda didn't make that up, and Kabashima wasn't brainwashed, why the hell would he say that?

Was he trying to get back into Fukuda's good graces for some reason?
>>
>>14120736
Me, slightly. The whole early 00s aesthetic to the designs, the poor digital coloring, and based T.M Revolution remind me of a different time.
>>
>>14120413
> he found out that people were cheering his wife's death online and is trying to stop that.
>>14120097
> Fukuda says he usually treats all comments on the internet as lies and rubbish
> all this Fukuda's contradiction
oh gosh Fuckuda, you could shove all the blame to Morosawa instead of defend shits.
death won't speak shits & shoving the blame on them doesn't hurt, because they don't speak & didn't complaint. frankly speaking.

of course it's husband-wife relation but come the fuck on, when people died doesn't meant they have to be in stagnant state or die as well. people live & die; but all the things & surrounds will keep forwarding. that's pretty sums up the reality.

defending her when she's death & away from this earth won't bring back her alive, that's the down-to-earth truth.
this is not like Kira becoming fake god out of nowhere & rose from death from a shitty writing.
>>
>>14123776
Go back to your Waifu-Wars: Cold War Germany alien fanfiction containment thread, /m/_wanderer.
>>
Someone explain this to me. Seed and Seed Destiny are still one of the worst gundams in history, does anything change from that?
>>
>>14123627
Depends when it was. If it was recently,people are offering condolences to Fukuda following Morosawa's death. It wouldn't be out of place for someone to apologize to Fukuda for fighting given those circumstances.

It it was a decade ago, maybe he wanted work on the vaporware SEED movie.

>>14123606
>And that's how Bearguy was made.

The President of Bandai did say they would have to develop products in the future for the SEED crowd.

>>14120736

Mostly people who liked or grew up with SEED. Destiny though is nowhere near as popular.
>>
>>14122811
>>14122816

What?
>>
>>14125021
>Destiny though is nowhere near as popular.
With its sales and ratings? It was close.
>>
File: graph.jpg (57KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
graph.jpg
57KB, 600x463px
>>14125040
Not really.
>>
>>14120736
Indons & Flips.
>>
>>14123587
I don't know, maybe if they didn't have all those production problems, the series could have been a little better.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.