[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

0083: Stardust Memory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

What do you think went through Kou's head the moment he saw her there?
>>
File: 2000%.gif (1MB, 500x632px) Image search: [Google]
2000%.gif
1MB, 500x632px
>>
File: 1437053879884.png (443KB, 714x480px) Image search: [Google]
1437053879884.png
443KB, 714x480px
I think his expression upon seeing her again gives you a good enough idea of what was going through his head.
>>
>>14100939
Dunno. But I can tell you mine:
>Why wasn't she the villain of this show?

How is it that Gundam has never had a corrupt arms dealer as the big bad? A franchise that's supposed to be about how war sucks, and the villains are mostly weirdos who are up their own asses about ideals. Where are the assholes who seek to profit on conflict?
>>
>>14100991
>>14100939

Thinking of another hot, steamy night with Kelly in his shop.
>>
>>14101009
AE.
>>
>>14101021
Exactly though. Anaheim has never been the central antagonistic force in any series, even though they should. Unless you squint and count Unicorn, I guess.
>>
>>14101046
That's because arms dealers/weapon manufacturers don't have an army to fight or goals beyond "Sell weapons" which is hard to do if you're the enemy faction.
>>
>>14101009
>>14101059
They never have huge overarching goals. They're just complicit in keeping the fighting going
>>
>>14101059
They don't need armies. They can employ mercenaries and apply political pressure. Not really that hard to imagine how people who manufacture weapons can fuck with you.
>>
>>14101009

Because they sell arms to both sides and whomever wins is not going to let that bit of info out... but as well will not impose many punishments on them because they are still the best at what they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTK8torOylM

See this scene from Lord of War. Cage is basically AE.

They get off, and put back to work, because someone high up wants what they have.
>>
English blu Ray when?
>>
>>14101009
>>14101073

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38vd_j7e2HY

The words AE lives by as well.
>>
>>14101009

Probably because she was just an AE employee and one of their engineers and designers rather than a company head actually making money, manipulating events or selling weapons.
>>
>>14101073
>>14101085
See, you're just making the idea of an arms dealer antagonist even more appealing. Gundam could use some shit like this.

Although, with my luck, they'd make Anaheim into absurd muhaha types instead of just amoral business people.

>>14101093
She was project manager though. Seems like it would've been plausible that she'd be playing Kou and Gato against each other for the sake of getting field testing and boosting demand for the GP-O units.
>>
>>14101111
>. Seems like it would've been plausible that she'd be playing Kou and Gato against each other for the sake of getting field testing and boosting demand for the GP-O units.
And Jar Jar is a secret sith lord mastermind
>>
>>14101071
What would be the point though? What do they gain by taking over a country or spending all that money on hiring and equipping mercenaries? That would just be bad for business.

Arms dealers work behind the scenes. They would be supplying a rebel group looking to take over the country, not trying to take it over themselves.

A gundam series with a crooked weapons manufacturer as the antagonist would just be a series of courtroom battles where the company either pays a hefty bribe or fine to get out of it or a patsy/figurehead goes to jail while the company continues. They're a business, not something you deploy the military against.

What you want is something more like the Jormungand series but from the CIA side.
>>
>>14101125
>taking over a country
What? The mercenaries are to get rid of undesirables who are messing with their business models, as well as training said rebels. Someone's gotta do the footwork there.
>>
>>14101125

I suppose you could have a group try to fight whatever country they've sold to with homegrown weapons (or those of another company) and sink them by making them overspend or revealing their hand to the public.
>>
>>14101073
>>14101085
That is such a fantastic movie.
>>
File: 1457037334107.jpg (22KB, 318x250px) Image search: [Google]
1457037334107.jpg
22KB, 318x250px
>Macross Plus and Stardust Memory are Top Gun as fuck
>yet both of them involve the love interest getting fucked or had fucked another man during the course of the series
>>
>>14100939
"I really have no pride in the end."
>>
Every UC conflict is a plot by Jovians or Lunarians, to sell more stuff.
>>
>>14100939
>am I born to be cuck, sempai?
>>
>>14100939
I can tell you exactly what was going through his mind

>"OH GOD NO, NO NO NO NO NO NO"
>Intense internal screaming.
>>
>>14101325

I am sad that we'll never have a Stardust Memory discussion that won't involve someone saying cuck.
>>
After Zeta Kou and everyone from 0083 is probably dead anyways, didn't they basically wipe out the Titans?
>>
>>14101529

I thought Kou was discharged at the end of 0083?
>>
>>14101529
Kinda but it does not mean that they are all with the Titans.

I like and hope that Keith is alive. Monsha is probably dead. I hope to god Nina died.
>>
>>14101529
You think they'd let Kou in the titans?
The Albion may or may not have been destroyed, I don't think the Titans were wiped out completely
>>
>>14101536
no, he got sent to prison and then let go early after they decided to cover up the events

the very last shot of kou is him arriving at a north american EFF base
>>
>>14101537
>I like and hope that Keith is alive.
I hope he's alive too but if Monsha's dead then Keith probably is too, they were most likely squadmates in the Titans.
>>
>>14101571
really? but keith was assigned to a backwater base as a patrol guard, while the rest of the surviving albion crew became titans ship crew
>>
>>14101571
Nah man they were stationed in different areas.
>>
>>14101059
>>14101125
I don't know about you but I'd definitely be up for Gundam: Lord of War.

English dub with Nic Cage optional but highly looked forward to.

They definitely can be the main villain and there can easily be fights. It can be done.
>>
>>14101125
>What you want is something more like the Jormungand series but from the CIA side.
You do realize you'v practically made the entire chunk of your earlier post void.
>>
>>14102263
Write the script NOW
>>
>>14102263
I would pay for that show.
>>
>>14102263
Even if they are not the MAIN main villain they could play a big damn part in it.
>>
>>14100939
Killing himself.
>>
>>14101070
>They never have huge overarching goals. They're just complicit in keeping the fighting going

Well that's why it's interesting. Some MS manufacturer keeps selling designs to both sides in order to keep conflict going.

Eventually some one's gonna get sick of their shit, learn the truth and try to take em out MEtal Gear style
>>
File: 13426848244620-1474179933.png (88KB, 300x278px) Image search: [Google]
13426848244620-1474179933.png
88KB, 300x278px
>>14102553
>G-Reco sequel
>turns out Cumpa had help with getting the blueprints and technology being spread around
>arms dealer being annoyed that Cumpa is gone, no choice but to go back to poking Armeria into buying more weapons
>>
File: sweaty amuro.png (134KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
sweaty amuro.png
134KB, 299x299px
>>14101111
>GP-O

You just triggered my autism.
>>
>>14101542
Look at some of the incompetent fuccbois that were already in there, at the very least it's not an issue of not being skilled enough.

Only thing I can think of would be Captain Goggles having some sort of silly grudge over the events of 0083 or something and shitting on his chances.
>>
>>14103110
Kou isn't even a bad pilot
He's a rookie trainee who gets shoved into a Gundam on short notice and manages to compete with a Zeon Ace.
>>
>>14103115
...I wasn't saying he was bad, that was the whole point. Compared to the useless twats already in the Teetons he'd have kicked ass.

Well, until he figured out his new bosses were just as bad as MUH IDEALS was about mass murder.
>>
>>14101085
> there are over 1 million Mobile Suits in worldwide circulation
> that's one Mobile Suit for every 100 people in UC era
> the only question is: how do we equip the other 99?

.. this needs a new title, before fund could be done.
>>
>>14101009
Unicorn, Martha essentially runs Anaheim Electronics.
>>
>>14101085

Huh, you wouldn't expect France
>>
>>14101009
>How is it that Gundam has never had a corrupt arms dealer as the big bad?
Because if you try to criticize businessmen, your show wouldn't get funding.
>>
>>14103179

A toy company isn't gonna see SHIFTY ARMS DEALER and think it's a jab for them. They're gonna see it as CHANCE TO MAKE OFF THE WALL TOYS TO SELL!
>>
>>14103139
>Every faction in space calls themselves by these noble names - Principaility this, Patriotic that, Democratic Republic of something-or-other...
>I guess they can't own up to what they usually are: the Federation of Worse Oppressors Than the Last Bunch of Oppressors.
>Often, colony gassing and dropping occur when both combatants proclaim themselves Freedom Fighters.
>>
>Truce? What do you mean, truce, the guns are already on their way... Peace talks...
>All right, forget it. I'll reroute the shipment to the Neo Zeons. When they say they're going to have a war, they keep their word!
>>
>>14102553

That's kind of annoying about AE honestly. They're both weapon designers and gun runners. Gun runners are separate for the simple reason that there's always a conflict to provide some weapons too, but in UC there's only the one conflict and AE have to keep it ticking. I'd prefer there's just always some conflict and AE make weapons, with someone else running them.
>>
>>14103303

how much do we know about AE anyways. Like who runs em.
>>
>>14103303
>tfw no documentary-style show about AE's shady dealing throughout UC
>>
>>14103337
That could be a really cool fanmade one.
>>
> warlord son: can you bring me the Mobile Suit of Amuro used?
> MS dealer: 0079, Zeta or during Char's Counter Attack?
> warlord son: i only know about 0079
> MS dealer: the Gundam RX-78-2.. would you like the Magnetic Coating?
> warlord son: please,
> warlord son: my father left a welcoming present in your room, enjoy. HAHAHAHA! (& drove away)
> TV playing disaster documentary: side 6 - unknown pocket wars
> counter guy 1: my god, the Zaku just became a pile of hamburgers!
> counter guy 2: when I get to colony, I will not live in side 6.
> counter guy 2: Second floor. (holding the room key while eyes on TV screen)
> MS dealer get the key & enter into the room, saw 2 Puru doing erotic dance with erotic background song
> narration: In the most space AIDS infested region among colonies, where one in four is infected... warlord's idea of a joke was to put a Puru 9 and a Puru 12 in my bed. & no condoms within colony.

i might sucks at editing Gundam: Lord of War version (or maybe AE: Lord of War version) but that's the best i could think of, for now.
>>
File: 286841.jpg (17KB, 225x263px) Image search: [Google]
286841.jpg
17KB, 225x263px
best captain?
>>
>download bluray rips
>episode 4 has audio desync
>mute video and run standard def 0038 in the background to sync audio
>SD 0083 has full 5.1 surround sound

what the fuck.
>>
File: nina.png (732KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
nina.png
732KB, 576x432px
Gentlemen, I like war.

No. Friends, I LOVE war.
>>
File: 1454047242441.png (900KB, 690x968px) Image search: [Google]
1454047242441.png
900KB, 690x968px
>>14106816
>>
Time to apply for a transfer.
>>
>>14103948

Literally who?
>>
>>14101059
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Tu4pfSlA8
>>
>>14106816
>I like Gundams
>>
>>14100939
why does she look all butch compared to her hot petite self?
was it depression over eating?
>>
>>14100939
>>14100939

>How can i kill her and make it look like an accident?

Because of Nina, thousands of people are dead.
>>
She's not even attractive by anime standards. She literally has nothing going for her. She's butch looking as fuck. That confused bitch is worse than Quess. QUESS.

NIna is the worst Gundam Girl hands down and I hope if they ever were to expand on 83 she dies a horrible off screen death.
>>
>>14103948
He was ok, nothing particularly remarkable as he was pretty grounded knew what to do like a seasoned veteran should.
>>
>>14110834
It was the shame and guilt.
>>
>>14101014
kek
>>
>>14110846
How is that? The colony was already mid-drop. Nothing could have stopped it. Kou just wanted to shoot Gato for doing it and Nina stopped him because it was just senseless killing at that point.

And then Gato kills some people on his suicide run so their deaths are on her hands but otherwise she's not responsible.
>>
>>14113048
It's not "senseless" to kill a guy who just dropped a fucking space colony on Earth, potentially killing millions.
And Nina stopped Kou because she wanted Gato's dick. Don't try to put a noble spin on that.
>>
Fuck Kou with a rake. Worst protag ever.
>>
>>14113077
Yu sound pretty buttblasted but at least you admit killing Gato would have accomplished nothing. Yes, Nina had no right to stop Kou. It was a military matter and she's a civilian. But she says in the scene right there what her reasoning is.

Nina is still retarded because Gato had a tiny chance to escape to kill again one day but they were surrounded by a feddie fleet. There was no way he was realistically going to make it out of there.

Don't let your hatred blind you anon.
>>
>>14113982
Nina get off of the internet.
>>
>>14113982
If Kou didn't kill Gato right then and there, he'd would have gone out and killed more Feddie. See the eventual suicide run he did. Yes, Gato wasn't going to make it out. But that wasn't the point, Gato KNEW it was a suicide run and was out to drag as many feddies to go down with him. Nina stopping Gato meant the deaths of other Feddies, which flat out goes against the bs she said about not wanting more deaths.

>killing Gato would have accomplished nothing
tl;d r= only if you think that since many people are already going to die, there's no point stopping yet more people from dying.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.