[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam IBO / Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans / Gundam Tekketsu /

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2

File: 1460217311978.jpg (87KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
1460217311978.jpg
87KB, 600x453px
Newtype interview today gave us a bit more insight into the original plans for IBO.
>Eugene betrays Tekkadan at beginning
>Naze betrays Tekkadan in original story
>People don't have faith in Tekkadan because they're amoral mercenaries
>Kudelia gets stigmatized for associating with them
>Story shows more of how wrong they can be
>Ein is not final boss
>S1 ends with Tekkadan suffering great losses.

Tell me why "happy ending" needed to mean "the stakes are low and the heroes barely suffer any consequences or loss."

>>>/a/139862980
>>
>Ein is not final boss

Literally all of that is leagues more interesting than the bland story we got.
>>
It sounds like a veiled rehash of 00's first season. I can see why they changed it.
>>
>>14100849
It sounds like 00 rehash. They needed to change it.
>>
What motivated Sunrise to make all these changes? Did they chicken out after getting flak for Mika shooting prisoners in the third episode?
>>
>>14100882
>>14100872
This sounds just as much as 00 as 00 was like Wing

Hint: Not at fucking all
>>
I don't remember CB being betrayed by one of the pilots or Marina getting stigmatized.
Some other plot points sound a bit like 00, but I don't see Okada having any issue ripping-off another Gundam given that she literally copy-pasted Char and Garma.
>>
>>14100849
Sounds a load better than the shit we got.
>>
>>14100849
So a more logical approach until they fucked up
>>
>/m/ predicted almost everything since the character designs were posted on the website
>the only thing it got wrong was about Eugene
>turn out his story was changed from the original plans

Hilarious. IBO's whole story was told before the first episode even aired.
>>
>>14100849

I'm kind of glad Eugene didn't betray them to be honest. Less because of anything I hold for the character and more because him not doing so was kind of nice given all he stuff in pre-release material about him and Orga not getting on, him constantly questioning Orga at the start and so on. It'd feel a little too expected and obvious I guess. Naze should have done so though, because it'd give his character some actual...character. Plus, it'd be nice to see Orga go through that emotional wringer and for him to have to be a good older brother without a role model and to have more discussion with Biscuit and Mika on it. The rest sounds good too. I am curious who they planned to be S1 end boss instead of Ein. Gaelio? An unknown?
>>
>>14100849

Thinly veiled reshash of Geass, 00 and Valvrave S1.
>>
>>14100849

So, the second coming of Aldnoah Zero.
>>
>>14100984

Well, Orga didn't die, which is what we all predicted the second we saw he was the "Kamina" to Mikazuki's "Simon."
>>
>>14101088
>Well, Orga didn't die
YET.
>>
>>14100886
Possibly. It wouldn't be the first time parents/moral guardians freaking out caused some hasty changes. Of course, the execs really shouldn't have put the show in a daytime slot in the first place.
>>
>>14100886
I think if that was the case they would change Mika's killing of Carta which was just as morally questionable as shooting the POWs imo
>>
>>14101106

Yea, I still think G-Reco and IBO would have been better served swapping slots. G-Reco might have done even better in Build Fighter's slot on another day for that matter.
>>
>>14100984
Replace Eugene's name with Orga and we would have been spot-on.

And how could you blame us with Orga's FUCKING SMILE IN THE FIRST EPISODE HOLY SHIT

I guess the slowness of space arc was because they were writing by the seat of their pants.
>>
>>14101182
the space arcs weren't even supposed to be that long,I remember before airing they said most of the combat would take place on earth and we wouldn't be in space that long,and look what happened, almost over half of the series took place in space.
>>
>>14100849
That's sound awesome and all. But if you think about it, what's the point of making the show if the whole point is to lose anyway?
>>
>>14101230
It puts Tekkadan at a low point where they can rise up from in season 2, allowing them to grow. Just look at what happened to CB at the end of 00s1.
>>
So was this the original idea from Okada? Who changed all this shit to what we ended up having?

>>14100905
Marina got jailed for knowing Setsuna. He busted her out along with Allelujah
>>
>>14101230
What is a tragedy? Also there is a second season for them to strike back.
>>
Due to IBO underperforming in the execs eyes the show will now air in late night slot.

Without fear of moralfags outcry the writers will proceed to say fuck it a give Tekkadan a Zeta Gundam ending calling it now
>>
>>14101235
but here we see them win at the end of s1 so will tekkadan get bad end in S2?
>>
>>14100849
>>Naze betrays Tekkadan in original story
I'm glad they didn't, fucking useless as he was
>>
>>14100886
>>14101154
Why did Sunrise make such a dark edgy Gundam with no moral values?
>>
>>14101388
they didn't though,just some kids running amuck
>>
>>14100886
Maybe. Though they still showed a hanged guy dripping urine later on, so...
>>
>>14100901
Don't start this shit again.
>>
>>14101388
To be fair to them, dark and edgy has sold other brands pretty well to this point.
>>
>>14101404

Wait...who was that?
>>
>>14101427
Biscuit's brother. Pay attention, anon.
>>
>>14101269
>give Tekkadan a Zeta Gundam ending calling it now
Mikka becoming a braindead veggie is already pretty much established from "can't use eye or arm unless piloting".
He'll go full retard at the end.
>>
>>14101269
It wouldn't be surprising if the Turbine Girls drop like flies at this point.

>>14101244
When in doubt, blame the producer.
>>
>>14101269
I thought we were only getting 4 episodes of Arslan then IBO was coming back for Season 2.
>>
>>14101470
>Mika can only live using barbatos life support
>>
>>14100849
sounds sad and dark. i prefer IBO the way it is, but better quality and mech fights.
>>
>>14101483
After the joke that was Ein's attack, they better become the Shrike Team 2.0.
>>
>>14101244
>Who changed all this shit to what we ended up having?

Maybe it higher ups after the moral outcry over episode 3? It sounds like the show wanted to carry on the same way as those first few episodes but due to fears of controversy, someone high up neutered the show so it wouldn't alienate the domestic market.

It's an Ohranger situation, just replace killer cultists with complaining parents.
>>
>>14101495

Them dying to randos in season two won't make season one's ending any less safe and neutered.
>>
>>14101495
Oh baby Shrike Team 2.0

>>14101488
IBO is now just ZOE 2nd Runner.
>>
File: bomb waiting to explode.jpg (29KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
bomb waiting to explode.jpg
29KB, 600x440px
>>14101501
Just wait until Unicron RE: 0096 airs, the complaining will get a whole lot worse.
>>
>>14101554
It is airing.

I have to say, if I had the choice of more Unicorn or more IBO I would say IBO in a fucking heartbeat. Though other people seem to disagree.
>>
>>14101572
>Though other people seem to disagree.
Yeah, people with taste.
>>
>>14101577
>Actually wanting more Unicorn
>having taste
Choose one.
>>
>>14101588
I don't want more Unicorn. But if I had to choose between watching it again or more IBO, then the clear choice for anyone with even a smidgens of taste would be Unicorn. As much as you personally might not like Unicorn for whatever autistic reason you'll make up, it's still infinitely better than IBO in almost every regard, and denying that just makes it clear you've not seen either show..
>>
>>14101601
Different anon here. I'd almost always watch something new over something I've already seen. If IBO pt 2 is coming anyway, I'd rather watch it and get it over with, even if it's shit. If Sunrise is going to make something new, I'd rather they made a new AU (not IBO, something new) instead of "Yet another OYW story" or "Neo Neo Axis Legitimate Oldsmobile Sleeves Zeon Remnants are FINALLY GOING TO WIN INDEPENDENCE GUYS". But if it's rewatching Unicorn or IBO pt 1, it's Unicorn any day.
>>
>>14101631
>If Sunrise is going to make something new, I'd rather they made a new AU (not IBO, something new)
That's my opinion as well. I just don't want anything to do with the shitfest they did with the Post-Calamity Era. I'll watch it S2 anyway but I'd much rather they come out with something new. If Sunrise made me choose either IBO S2 or Unicorn re-run, I'd pick Unicorn. But if they added a new AU or a Late UC but not Crossbone to the list of options I'd pick those over the others any day.
>>
>>14101642
I'd always choose something new over a re-run. More content (assuming it doesn't dilute the quality) is always better because you're theoretically equally likely to get a good show out of it. If it's a choice between waiting a few years for a good series to come out I'd rather have Bandai choose that instead of pumping out crap all the time.

Late UC would be super fun, pls bring beam rotors back and Crossbone would be fine too
>>
>>14100849
>>Eugene betrays Tekkadan at beginning
What if they change the idea and put in S2
>>
>>14101684

He has no reason to betray them now though, since he doesn't disagree with Orga leading.
>>
>>14101697
Maybe saved for s2 if the timeskip for long
>>
>>14101659
>Late UC would be super fun, pls bring beam rotors back and Crossbone would be fine too

I want to see something like a deep space gundam. A colony ship going beyond our solar system, and then maybe they run into pirates, or there's a rebellion in the big colony fleet, or ayyliuns.

I'd like to see a somewhat grounded version of UNDERSTANDING with Gundam aliens actually. Stuff like the humans struggling to communicate with them, and everyone being on edge because no ones sure of their intentions and what not.

Stick in SEED and give me Stargazer 2 if you have to.
>>
>>14101721

Orga would have to massively fuck up in the second season for it to make sense.
>>
>>14101748
So it's a matter of time then.
>>
>>14101770

Him massively fucking up? Not really. He might fuck up, but I doubt it'll be massive. He might not even fuck up since a second season should be Tekkadan making good (where season one should have been then making bad).
>>
>>14101783
How can you be sure?

Maybe they'll shit the bed now.
>>
>>14101799

I can't, but I'm assuming. Same as you and your "matter of time".
>>
>>14101588
Well, the designs are on the whole better, not that some of IBOs aren't superior. The animation is much better than cardboard cutouts. The acting is better on average.

And while the end of IBO might be better than Unicorn's, it was a snoozefest for over 2/3rds of the series.
>>
>>14101470
>brain dead veggie.

Implying he isn't going to be a half metal abomination next season
>>
Eh, it's too 00 S1. I'm okay with how IBO ended but the next one better be good.
>>
>>14100849

Remember how last month, Nagai said something along the lines of "I don't think Tekkadan is doing the right thing, but it's important that they're not shown as wrong or misguided"?
>>
>>14101743
>I'd like to see a somewhat grounded version of UNDERSTANDING with Gundam aliens actually. Stuff like the humans struggling to communicate with them, and everyone being on edge because no ones sure of their intentions and what not.

But that would be just the 00 move spread over 13 episodes
>>
>>14101196
that's when you can tell S2 was greenlighted. They had to pad it out to meet that.
>>
>>14100849
>Ein is not final boss
wow, they really fucked it up
what we got was so bland and uneventful
further proves what a shit director nagai is that he couldn't hold is ground and keep the show as intended
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.