[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IBO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

File: Cfj1j-cVIAAb_mV.jpg (84KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
Cfj1j-cVIAAb_mV.jpg
84KB, 600x453px
Newtype interview today gave us a bit more insight into the original plans for IBO.
>Eugene betrays Tekkadan at beginning
>Naze betrays Tekkadan in original story
>People don't have faith in Tekkadan because they're amoral mercenaries
>Kudelia gets stigmatized for associating with them
>Story shows more of how wrong they can be
>Ein is not final boss
>S1 ends with Tekkadan suffering great losses.

Tell me why "happy ending" needed to mean "the stakes are low and the heroes barely suffer any consequences or loss."
>>
>>139862980
>changing Okada's ideas
Wow, thanks Sunrise!
>>
>>139863155
The execution probably would not have been good, but the concepts of what we got were even worse.
>>
>>139863429
Is she staying for S2?
>>
Wasn't Seed also supposed to have a much bleaker, bittersweet ending rather than the flawless victory end it had? Or is that just a /m/ urban legend?
>>
>you will never have a non-Tomino Gundam that ends in everyone dying and suffering
>>
>>139865112
No more Gintama anime ever because it sucks.
>>
"Eugene betrays Tekkadan at beginning"
"beginning"
Implying for upcoming spoiler
>>
The eugene thing is kind of fucking dumb.
>>
>>139864500
kira was meant to die iirc. and there was also something about either him or ahtrun losing limbs i think

i liked how the focus was on poverty and misery instead of straight up "hurr durr war is bad" but they focused too much on the whole "think of the poor children" angle to make it easier to empathize. it's definitely sad enough for aduts to live in these precarious conditions, so i felt they didn't have to focus so much on just the starving children.

that said, it looks like 2nd season, if it happens, will be focusing more on the typical "hurr durr war is bad" message. and they're probably gonna hamfist the retarded UNDERSTANDING ending somewhere too

i assume mikazuki would die too, since using the gundam made him already lose one hand and one eye. unless there's some gn-rainbow asspull, but it seems more like they stopped using that alaya-vijnana after the war because of the fact that it basically kills the pilot
>>
>>139863429
some of the stuff that happened was so fucking retarded. ein couldn't kill even one of the jobbers and got completely screwed over for no good reason. that was almost as bad as the curbstomp in seed destiny's end. the only saving grace was mcgillis having the potential of being a decent villain. but knowing how these series go, he'll probably lose to the main character, his plot will fail overall and he'll also be shown to be morally wrong as well

i'm not even sure if "glorified jobber" would be a decent way to describe it, since in the end the antagonists can never even win on any field or anything of significance. they just SOMETIMES get one of the main character's friends killed
>>
>>139867299
Turning over a princess you have no connection to so your group isn't targeted by Gjallarhorn isn't that dumb honestly. It's believable, practical, and still means he cares about tekkadan's interests.
>>
>>139862980
valvrave season 1 was better than ibo

you know, deep in your heart, it's true
>>
>>139870364
They should have just killed Ein in ep2, what happened to him is a fate worse than death. I don't even understand the message there in the end, it can't even be an anti-revenge message since Tekkadan had a pro-revenge message.
>>
>>139867299
Tekkadan risking their lives for a princess was dumb and not even believable past a financial incentive. Orga wanted to do it as a strategic move for power made sense and should have been emphasized, but in the end, people were dying for Kudelia's stupid bullshit and it makes sense for there to be dissent about it within the group. Actually, there should have been more people bitching about it other than Eugene.
>>
>>139870055
I really hope there is no sudden UNDERSTANDING shit.
>>
>>139870364
McGillis is a decent villain, but this is why you can be guaranteed that they'll ruin it.

>>139867299
>>139866860
Nah, it could have been interesting and created good conflict that could be resolved and show how Tekkadan is a real family and what a good leader Orga is. But it's a squashed opportunity and would make no sense to follow through on anymore, Eugene wasn't going to betray them in the traditional sense, he just was originally going to fuck over Kudelia to look out for Tekkadan.
>>
>>139871059
it already feels to be going towards that way imo with mcgillis taking over. i suspect season 1 was focused on poverty/orphans and season 2 will focus on war causing those things. so to solve the problem, they will try to stop the war and make people understand those on mars/colonies/whatever also need resources -- UNDERSTANDING in a nutshell

mcgillis on the other hand probably wants the earth nations to get armed so they can fight gjallarhorn. he wants all out war to breed a better gjallarhorn/better future or something like that. maybe typical society of the strong bullshit. and so the main character will oppose this, defending the weak/his friends and saying the way to a better society is through UNDERSTANDING

honestly, this shit's so fucking predictable it's not even funny anymore at this point. i'm gonna be surprised if the show doesn't follow this formula somehow, simply because it's been like this for so fucking long
>>
>>139871212
yeah ein had a lot of potential as well and look where that got us. i have no hopes for a season 2 of this being even remotely decent. considering how often seasons 2 tend to be worse than the first, ibo s2 will probably be atrocious if history is anything to go by
>>
>>139871261
What bothers me is that I really can't conceive of how the conflict they've set up can be fixed in another season. The world they've built is deeply fucked up on multiple levels and on the verge of so many new conflicts, this isn't just a border/nations thing, this is planetary and also just deeply entrenched in worker exploitation, means of production and so on. Also, where is Tekkadan heading? As military advisors it seems like they're going to be more pro-war than anti, if only because Mikazuki seems to not care about ending conflict or war, only his family.
>>
>>139862980
Except for Eugene betraying Tekkadan this is all so much better.
>>
>>139871505
i see them doing it in either:
1) kudelia wants peace, mikazuki will protect her/carry on her wishes (if she dies for whatever reason)
2. fumitan spoke of taking responsibility and he'll make the connection that he's responsible over what happened and will try to bring peace to fix it
either way, they shouldn't be able to fix it, i agree. at least CERESTARU BINGU had a supercomputer and hundreds of planning ahead from hundreds of cientists to at least pretend they'd have some means of managing things, especially some of the details involved in resolving this kind of issue

tekkadan otoh is completely unprepared, poorly funded and at best they'd still be dealing with the same groups power who controlled things into escalating the situation this way, which would make it basically impossible to coordinate a solution, even if the problems were simple to begin with
>>
>>139862980
>>People don't have faith in Tekkadan because they're amoral mercenaries
>>Kudelia gets stigmatized for associating with them

Now I want to watch this Gundam show. Like Harlock without a heart.
>>
>>139871777
Agreed. I'm happy the Eugene thing didn't happen, there are better things to do with him and that would have fucked up the dynamic in Tekkadan.

Plus, Hitler-kun is great.

Naze betraying Orga would have been pretty sad though, especially if he just told him it was a rational decision-- that he was in way over his head and wasn't a good gamble. No hard feelings kid.
>>
>>139863155
That's what they do, they also ruined 00 S2. Fucking toy commercials with no artistic integrity.
>>
>>139865467
But IBO sucked and it got another anime
>>
>>139871814
Exactly. Even as advisers for Aubrau and with more funding, there isn't a way that Tekkadan should be able to resolve any of this, let alone be given proper incentive for it when they're survivalists who look out for their family, first and foremost. Even Eugene and Shino had to convince Orga to stick his neck out for those doomed Union Strikers...it wasn't in his natural spirit to help them and it really isn't in Mikazuki's either.

Kudelia is just someone we have to accept that everyone trusts and respects for some wild reason, so her words, however dumb, hold tons of power for inspiration. But revolution is bloody and uprisings are...so, random understanding is really the only way.
>>
>>139872165
But is sucked less than G-Reco or Try, so it's a success. You have to bear in mind that Gundam anime standard are not your average standards, you need to lower them.
>>
>>139872056
>Naze betraying Orga would have been pretty sad though
That's why it would have been good. Moreover it makes total sense considering what we know of his character. Not to mention it would have brought drama and discord within his own harem and some girls might have ended defecting.
>>
>>139872241
Except if you're a UC elitist, because then your standards are simply never met.
>>
>>139872241
wow, this show wasn't the worst gundam in recent times? now that's a surprise. last one i saw was 00 and i'm glad i haven't wasted my time with anything gundam related since.
>>
File: 1456469089505.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456469089505.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>139872241
>But is sucked less than G-Reco
>>
The conception of this show being uniquely retarded is sad considering all Gundam shows have incredibly stupid politics and embarrassing asspulls, embarrassing survival of impossible situations, jobbing, mixed and contradictory motives, and poor following through of any decent world building. Only nostalgiafags think otherwise because LOL CHAR XD
>>
>>139872447
GBF was great, but every other Gundam since 00 has been different degrees of awfulness. Unicorn is probably the better one, stupid characters and plot, but at least it looked nice.

Gundam was a mistake.
>>
>>139872679
i think the only redeeming aspect was they focused on poverty and did a relatively decent job showing how sad the situation is for the very poor

those scenes with loli kudelia going to the slums and mika meeting atra were so sad for example
>>
>>139862980
Wow, that actually sounds more sensible than
Kudelia getting praised for being a shit and making a generic short speech about the obvious.
>>
>>139862980
>>Eugene betrays Tekkadan at beginning
It was so fucking obvious they chickened out with him.
>>
>>139872703
i saw like two episodes of unicorn and it was just so incredibly retarded i dropped it. i had forgotten about that. when i was watching one of the episodes and the princess started making some attempt at a speech at the blond guy pilot iirc. if you were distracted by the visuals you might not have noticed, but what she was saying was so incredibly retarded i couldn't keep watching past that episode. some of the mech designs were nice though. the green one, the sinanju and the unicorn gundam while it wasn't transformed all looked great. animation was nice too. but like you said, everything else was simply terrible
>>
>>139872856
I agree, I just think the resolution of these things is usually poorly done in IBO. I actually think IBO has a more unique premise and covered certain subjects pretty okay, but they fell into the "retarded resolution" category just like Gundam 00 tried to do with terrorism and nationally sponsored terror.
>>
File: CeuXmDEXEAENXAo.jpg (21KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
CeuXmDEXEAENXAo.jpg
21KB, 480x269px
>>139873005
Even in episode 18, they showed he still blamed Kudelia for stuff. Honestly it was nice to have at least someone with somewhat complex feelings on the subject, that weren't just going along blindly with everything like some zombie, especially since his motivations weren't greed -- they were looking out for tekkadan's ass and not making powerful enemies.
>>
Is it all true? Or is OP bullshitting?
Because this makes it sound like a worse trainwreck than SEED Destiny.
>>
>>139872948
I don't know how Kudelia isn't stigmatized by basically traveling around with violent mercenaries while preaching peace, love and understanding, while also helping said mercenaries reinstall a leader that was shown to be messed up in his own ways.
>>
>>139873028
i agree with you. they just can never resolve these issues in a way that's satisfactory/isn't completely retarded. i guess the problem is that they can replicate real life issues but it's either problems that have no solutions or which would require a very different way of resolution (span of years, focus would very rarely be on a single battle, need to focus a different type of cast and so on)
>>
>>139873213
Nah, this is true. Look up characters names like Eugene or Naze on twitter there's lots of discussions on the interview right now, many twitter users posting about it.
>>
>>139873213
i think what ibo gave us was in a lot of ways worse than seed destiny

ein got fucked for no good reason and with no good payoff -- couldn't even kill a single jobber. the entire premise of the last episodes was retarded -- gjallarhorn could've completely destroyed tekkadan or arrested all of them but essentially decided not to due to some half assed excuse (we can only stay within city perimiter hurr durr). there were also so many asspulls or "happy" coincidences for tekkadan surving

if you count all the asspuls in ibo, there's probably more than in all of seed destiny. maybe it's nostalgia, but i definitely liked destiny better than ibo
>>
>>139865112
Dead like it should've been years ago.
>>
File: CeerVPbXIAE7z2s.jpg (78KB, 600x638px) Image search: [Google]
CeerVPbXIAE7z2s.jpg
78KB, 600x638px
Wow, you mean people would have actually had shit to talk about in these threads other than "why was this so retarded?" or "XD yamagi loves shino!"? What could have been, man. Until then I really have nothing to say about this show until season 2's trainwreck starts.
>>
>>139873270
Second season will be a pile of shit if her stupid moves don't blow up in her face. At least it's clear at some point the writers were thinking that rationally, she would not be getting heralded as a savior for using child solider mercenaries and preaching about inequality.
>>
>>139873572
But anon! Her "accepting blood on her hands" makes it suddenly okay that she's using exploited child soldiers that are starving and using money that they desperately and sorely need to have them not only put their lives on the line to protect her, but also harm and kill others for her sake.

>>139873169
Eugene's probably the only non-retarded Tekkadan member, so it makes sense that he just got shoved to being a boring background guy.
>>
>>139873682
living* tekkadan member
>>
Hey /a/, I am new to the whole "mecha" thing. I was blown away with how great Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans was and I wanted to try more Gundam mecha.

I saw Gundam Unicorn was airing this season and I thought I should give it a try. I was told else where that I should watch some of the older Gundam mecha before viewing Gundam Unicorn.

I tried watching the first Gundam mecha movie and I couldn't get past the first 10 minutes. The art and animation is awful and the main character is such a bitch unlike Mika. I don't think I can sit through 3 movies and god knows how many episodes.

Do I really have to watch that older crap to appreciate Unicorn? I asked some guys on Reddit and was told Gundam Seed and Destiny were basically a retelling of the original stuff.

What is /a/'s opinion?
>>
File: Cei2rhjWAAAYsG1.jpg (42KB, 568x561px) Image search: [Google]
Cei2rhjWAAAYsG1.jpg
42KB, 568x561px
How can this show be redeemed? What if it ends on a completely negative note? What if Mikazuki never gets harem or farmer end?
>>
>>139873572
how would they even end this if her moves blow up in her face? unless they go for UNDERSTANDING, which they probably will, given there's no reasonable way for them to finish this. they might asspull something but that would probably be even worse

and the thing is, if they got UNDERSTANDING or asspull, it doesn't really matter if what she did blows up in her face
>>
That last interview is something about Gintama anime ending. Is the manga ending too? Do people still love Gintama?
>>
>>139873936
i don't think they can redeem it. at best it might not be completely garbage. season 2 is almost always worse than season 1 though. i have no hopes for them improving this shit

>>139874013
well, assuming they want to give it a happy ending. if they're not going for a happy ending, then this might not be completely terrible
>>
>>139874013
Maybe Kudelia is a targeted member, criticized, and she realizes she was stupid for being a rich bitch that romanticized the concept of revolution she could never understand from the comfort of her giant mansion? Let alone wanting to inspire one? That she urges for peace while also talking about being okay with having to accept she's the cause of violence and children dying? Maybe the Seven Star family era will crash to an end, Gjallarhorn is reformed, and Tekkadan starts an education program and a program to help save all of those child prostitutes and starving kids that doesn't involve them risking their lives or committing acts of violence?
>>
>>139870976
I agree. But of course we can't have anyone triggering Kudelia or she'll turn into a useless pile of mush.
>>
>>139862980
>>Kudelia gets stigmatized for associating with them

this should have happened and I hope it happens in the second season
>>
>>139873807
Ignore Unicorn and watch Seed > Destiny, Cross Ange, G-Reco, Gargantia or Valvrave instead.
>>
>>139874232
It will, but it will be done in a way that victimizes her and pretends it's unfair that she's getting this judgment.
>>
>>139874173
why would people even listen to her in the first place? that's already an asspull to begin with. at least gundam 00 had the decency of making people not give a shit about marina ismail
>>
>>139873807
>I was blown away with how great Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans
>he art and animation is awful and the main character is such a bitch unlike Mika.
>I asked some guys on Reddit

Nice bait
>>
>>139873807
seed > destiny is entertaining. skip the recap episodes and turn off your brain in destiny after episode 12 or so

00 s1 is interesting. s2 is bad but it has some great moments. movie is terrible
>>
File: zzpoint.jpg (193KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
zzpoint.jpg
193KB, 499x498px
>>139870777
>>139871777
>>
>>139874707
Look, no one can make sense about how Kudelia even got accepted or popular. Maybe desperation. Let's just say that. But hopefully they can somewhat fix it.
>>
>>139875059
even so, they already said the turbines exist to help young girls so they don't starve or have to become prostitutes/slaves. that would make tekkadan just another turbines, or they would be for no good reason more efficient -- another asspull

i think gjallarhorn being reformed is guaranteed at this point (or they'll be destroyed, also possible) and i can see mcgillis destroying the seven star families (either out of incompetence, since the antagonist always gets fucked either way, or simply because he feels their honor/tradition system is dumb and encourages incompetent people in power)
>>
>>139874707
It's even more ridiculous the only conflict she ever has is literally with herself. Even DESTINY gave Cagalli a ton of shit for being idealistic/naive and she got controlled and manipulated at the start. Even Relena fucked up royally at times. Kudelia just got a little sad when Mika was mean once.
>>
>>139875264
to add to the first point -- if tekkadan becomes just another turbines, how can they end the entire conflict in a satisfactory way? they simply can't. unless they are extremely efficient -- think destiny kira/athrun here -- which would be obviously be dumb. unless they are not giving this some greater resolution and leaving things unresolved. even then, i still don't think that would be satisfying, despite it being better than UNDERSTANDING or asspulls

i just cannot see a way for them to make this satisfying or not completely retarded. and looking at past gundam shows, i have good reason to
>>
>>139875264
Turbines, other than the children that belong to some of the women, are for the most part women. I didn't see a bunch of young kids around but I could not be remembering, but in episode 1 we saw plenty of child prostitutes on Mars. There needs to be way more people helping girls like that.
>>
>>139875474
Oh I agree that in the end that isn't really helping resolve all of the greater conflict, I was just kind of naming some things they can do with all of the money they're about to have that can actually help improve social conditions a tiny bit. But as for all of the greater conflict, and with them actually getting involved in military affairs AKA no longer being able to pretend they just are looking out for themselves or completing a mission, I don't know how this will go. I hate to say it but Orga is a dumb leader with no foresight.
>>
>>139875538
they said at some point between landing on earth and before they left with the old man that the turbines existed to help young girls so they don't become slaves/prostitutes/etc

yes, they need more people doing that, but like i said here >>139875474, that doesn't bring closure to the issues they created. unless they're leaving a lot of things unresolved or the tekkadan "poor people support group" is as efficient as athrun/kira in destiny and completely wipe poverty in the ass with minimal resources and suffering with no issues in the process
>>
>>139862980
That actually sounds like it would of been good.
>>
>>139862980
Fucking executive meddling. The happy end didn't make any sense either, it ruined both Ein and the character development of Tekkadan as a whole. Their retardation since Biscuit's death and all the risks they took because of it ended up not having any consequences except for the lives of nameless fodder.
>>
>>139862980
That actually sounds good.

Fuck Banrise execs. They fucked up with Age, tried to ride the coattails of GBF and failed incredibly, now this.
>>
>>139862980
The draft was better than what we got. Why can't we have nice things?
>>
>>139862980
That actually sounds good.
>>
File: la cocina mexicana.jpg (142KB, 676x952px) Image search: [Google]
la cocina mexicana.jpg
142KB, 676x952px
>>139870777
We know. They still fucked up S2 massively.
>>
File: getting real tired.jpg (70KB, 231x333px) Image search: [Google]
getting real tired.jpg
70KB, 231x333px
>>139872241
>But is sucked less than G-Reco
>>
>>139862980
>even more stupid melodrama
>stigma that makes even less sense in the setting
>endless moral lectures from the director masquerading as older characters
>even more stupid melodrama at the end
Only terminal faggots would actually prefer garbage of such interstellar magnitude.
>>
>>139870777
A lot of things are better than IBO.
>>
>>139883469
Strawberry cheesecake, for example.
>>
>>139873270

She wasnt. She was helping Maganai drum up support for Martian indepdence so there is another economic bloc to trade with in a meaningful way. What was supposed to be a swift assasination turned to a journey that invalidated Gjallarhorn 's rep as a mediating force after its discovery of false flag uprisings, abuse of authority and outright hypocrisy thanks to McGillis
>>
>>139885943
>What was supposed to be a swift assasination turned to a journey that invalidated Gjallarhorn 's rep as a mediating force after its discovery of false flag uprisings, abuse of authority and outright hypocrisy thanks to McGillis.

Wasn't the only proof that Gjallarhorn did something wrong was that she said that they did.
>>
>>139886728

The news crew had footage of the massacre and Kudelia was smart enough to invite them the ship since she had become a popular news subject. Not to mention Gordon Nobliss was caught as a smuggling front that Tekkadan helped delivered. Rule number one of couriers is you never open your clients packages.

then Carta uses her name to break the Oceania treaty on the intention of killing both Maganai and Kudelia.

And if that isnt enough during the Edmonton security detail. They deployed a AV piloted MS to the center of a city just to stop a politician from securing his vote. It is like sending a pcp openly racist death squad to act as a peacekeeper.
>>
>>139883469
Except G-Reco.
>>
>>139887200
>Not to mention Gordon Nobliss was caught as a smuggling front that Tekkadan helped delivered.

Wasn't he also her backer?

>They deployed a AV piloted MS to the center of a city just to stop a politician from securing his vote. It is like sending a pcp openly racist death squad to act as a peacekeeper.

Wasn't that just an independent action. They didn't actually even plan to use tanks in the city.
>>
>>139887426

And the bastard intentionally sabatoged the uprising so Gjallarhorn could have their pie and eat it. Kudelia knew and decided to make a trade.

And tge Graze Ein is something that Martian and outer rimmers would make. Not the noble Gjallarhorn
>>
>>139862980
Yeah, that's not gundam, that's just your standard mafia story. I can see why they changed it to something more in line with what they normally do with the franchise.
>>
>>139887200
>>139885943
i love when people who were actually paying attention show there aren't as many holes in this story as people like to pretend there are.
>>
>>139862980
Any super early news on a new Jojo ASB game? or part 5?
https://youtu.be/gOO5Ipxpass
>>
>>139889638
>paying attention
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.