[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reminder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

File: timeline.png (591KB, 1280x1028px) Image search: [Google]
timeline.png
591KB, 1280x1028px
reminder
>>
>>14097439
>calls a load of bullshit a load of bullshit
>writes a different load of bullshit in the corner
>>
File: candy smile.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
candy smile.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>tfw the best thing about G-Reco was the Turn-Afags getting summarily blown the fuck out.
>>
>>14097478
>>
File: Get_a_load.jpg (44KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
Get_a_load.jpg
44KB, 776x602px
>>14097596
>>huh huh take that fans of anime I don't like
>>
>>14097756
>fans of anime I don't like
But I like Turn-A, just not the obnoxious sacred cow shitters that circlejerk its udders so hard.
>>
>>14097596

You're not one of those idiots who think it somehow invalidated all of Turn-A are you?
>>
>>14097790
Of course not, just glad that it finally put the kibosh on "muh last Gundam" meta-timeline retardation.
>>
>>14097805
You do know that it was Tomino who wrote both of those shows, right? Why would people be buttblasted by the writer of Turn A writing a show that takes place after Turn A?
>>
>>14097843
>You do know that it was Tomino who wrote both of those shows, right?
Yes.
>Why would people be buttblasted by the writer of Turn A writing a show that takes place after Turn A?
I dunno, but many are. Tell me, why are so many people so riled up by the fact that ZZ takes place after Zeta, even though they were both written by the same person?
>>
>>14097805
I don't consider it to, simply because if you actually watched him say it he was clearly taking the piss and hates all that shit anyway.

Personally I subscribe to the 'unreliable narrator' theory and each series is just a best guess at what actually happened so I can stop worrying about timelines.
>>
File: gundam universes.jpg (397KB, 1744x1490px) Image search: [Google]
gundam universes.jpg
397KB, 1744x1490px
Actual chart
>>
>>14097763

and how the fuck is Reco gonna change anything?
>>
>>14097843
>Why would people be buttblasted by the writer of Turn A writing a show that takes place after Turn A?
Because that writer said that the G-Self is the strongest MS ever, so people who didn't like G-Reco as much as Turn A and/or didn't like G-Self as much as System ∀99 can't stand the fact that the writer whose word they insisted was irrefutable law that their favorite MS was better than yours is now saying that their favorite MS is not as good as the new kid that they don't like.
>>14098033
>Actual chart
from an article in a magazine completely unaffiliated with Sunrise or Bandai. That "actual" chart is no more official than any other post on /m/.
The *only* two things that have come from Sunrise or Bandai regarding what the timeline might look like are:
-footage from every currently existing show (at the time of production) appearing in the Black History Room in Turn A (from Sunrise)
-MG Turn-X manual states that all currently existing shows (at the time of publication) are part of the timeline that begins with MSG and ends with Turn A.

All this "universes flowing together" crap is fanon. The only thing actually depicting them as being separate realities are completely non-canon "sources" like Super Robot Wars or the Extreem Gundam manga.
>>
>>14098033
AND
>>
>>14098064
>from an article in a magazine completely unaffiliated with Sunrise or Bandai. That "actual" chart is no more official than any other post on /m/.

Oh man. This is gold.
>>
>>14098071
...fuck.
I didn't open the image. i just assumed you'd posted the original version that didn't have 00 or AGE on it.
>>
>>14098093
>you
Wasn't even me.
>>
File: r2d2slide-154708.png (332KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
r2d2slide-154708.png
332KB, 655x380px
>>14098109
i don't care
>>
>>14098064

> so people who didn't like G-Reco as much as Turn A and/or didn't like G-Self as much as System ∀99 can't stand the fact that the writer whose word they insisted was irrefutable law that their favorite MS was better than yours

Tomino has never said that the Turn-A is better than every other suit, no-one who argued that it was stronger has ever done so on Tomino's word and the G-Self has never shown any technology that's stronger than the Turn-A (or any other strongest Gundam contender like the Devil, Qan[T] or Godmode Unicorn).
>>
>>14098125
And here they are.

Tomino himself said that the Perfect Pack G-Self was the strongest.
>>
>the idea of Turn A is that humanity repeatedly fucks itself
>in theory at some point of all gundam series humanity will fuck itself leading to Turn A
>maybe all the self-fucking is in one time line >maybe it's parallel self-fucking leading to the same self-fucking that is Turn A
>but it's just an idea not some super important undeniable fact
>oh btw G-reco is set after Turn A

and then I moved the fuck on and fuck myself
>>
>>14098136

I never said he didn't. Only that saying that people were taking his word on the matter before that is silly cause they weren't.
>>
>>14098125
Why care so much about power level bullshit? Or timeline bullshit for that matter?
>>
>>14098154

Why do you care that I care?
>>
>made up
Well parts of it are, the rest comes from an old G-gen game.
>>
>>14098154
People will always care about powerlevel bullshit because it's how you win arguments about how your favorite Gundam is better than some other guy's favorite Gundam.
>>
File: Correct_Century_Timeline.jpg (370KB, 570x526px) Image search: [Google]
Correct_Century_Timeline.jpg
370KB, 570x526px
>>14098166
image related
>>
>>14098033
>Gundam turns into Robotech

I can't tell you to fuck off any harder
>>
>>14098137
Basically this anon gets it,turn a's meta timeline was more of a concept to express this theme Tomino wanted to get across but all of the fans were so focused on the "how does it work" aspect of it. But the thing is it's not really supposed to, it's just being used to establish that no matter what humanity did and will do we always make mistakes and screw ourselves over. However using the knowledge of that past we can try again and build a better future.
>>
>>14098205
Dude, lurk moar.
>>
>>14098033
laughter.jpg
>>
>>14097596
Actually, i enjoyed the world developing further. And pretty rainbows.
>>
>>14098033
well sure, but that still doesn't show when it become layzner and is it before or after godzilla?
>>
>>14098173
>>14098166
Not actually from the game, though. It's from an article *about* the game.
>>
>>14097439
I agree.
>>
>>14098334
I always heard it was page from the guide book. I'm not sure why people hold on to it (or the turn X manual for that matter). It's all a stupid waste of time. The timelines flat don't fit together in any clean way, you should figure this out in about five minutes. Arguing about it is just silly.
>>
File: Falldogs_GundamTimeline_v7.png (1MB, 5016x2379px) Image search: [Google]
Falldogs_GundamTimeline_v7.png
1MB, 5016x2379px
If you want to get your jimmies in a rustle, http://otakurevolution.com/content/falldogs-guide-to-gundam-canon-and-timelines
>>
>>14098564
>not putting X after UC
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>14097439
It should note that Spinoff shows like SD gundam and Gundam Build Fighters were excluded form the timeline.

Also, said timeline is old as fuck.
>>
>>14098628
SD Gundam has its own timeline and lore. If only we are exposed to it cause their lore is actually pretty rad.
>>
>>14097596
But as a Turn-A fag, I see G-Reco as the natural epilogue to it and saw G-Reco as the delicious icing to the already delicious cake that is Turn A.
>>
File: Ghost Blow Job.jpg (50KB, 322x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Blow Job.jpg
50KB, 322x366px
>>14098033
I made that edit and it warms my heart to see it reposted.
>>
>>14097439
Okay, are you people actually retarded? Like seriously? This is so basic anyone could understand. If you need me to explain i can, but i am still floored that people do not grasp how simple this is.
>>
>>14098950
>Okay, are you people actually retarded?
Where do you think you are?
>Like seriously?
Uhh, yeah.
>This is so basic anyone could understand.
What is?
>If you need me to explain i ca
Well, I'll be waiting.
>i am still floored that people do not grasp how simple this is.
Again, how simple /what/ is? Also, see answer 1.
>>
File: 1460227909618.jpg (114KB, 332x752px) Image search: [Google]
1460227909618.jpg
114KB, 332x752px
>>14098539
>I always heard it was page from the guide book
Same thing, really. Strategy guides are usually published my magazine publishers, not the game companies.
Unless, of course, you mean the booklet that came with the game which would only make it slightly less unofficial. At best, that would put it on even terms with the MG Turn X manual (Bandai product only, no involvement from Tomino or Sunrise). And if you did want to argue that this lends it canonicity, there's still the fact that the Turn X manual came out seven years later and could be considered to retcon it. Also the fact that no other remotely material has referenced this merging timeline theory in the nine years since, and that crossover video games are hardly a reputable source of canon. Really the only people who *EVER* go this route are people who are defending this merging timeline theory and people who are defending Shinn Asuka as the true hero of Destiny. Conversely, the data in gunpla manuals is pretty much universally agreed to be official.
>>
>>14100962
Template please?
>>
>>14100962
>At best, that would put it on even terms with the MG Turn X manual (Bandai product only, no involvement from Tomino or Sunrise)

This is incorrect. Sunrise approves all aspects of the product including the manual.
>>
>>14101109
Would that also apply to the video game manual or only the gunpla?
>>
>>14101128
it's not a video game manual you retarded fuck
>>
>>14101169
The game came with a manual, you retarded fuck. Whether or not the chart is from that manual is not the question I asked. Does Sunrise approve the material in the in-box game manuals?

We all know that no one in this thread (or on this board) is going to be able to produce an actual manual to prove whether or not the chart is in it (you've never seen a physical copy of the manual, don't lie). But if Sunrise approves the gunpla manual but not the game manual then the gunpla manual outweighs it either way. Even if Sunrise does approve the manual, we don't know if the chart is in it. But even if it is, that still leaves the chart as being overturned by a Sunrise-approved gunpla manual seven years later. I'm not defending the stupid chart, I'm trying to pin down exactly how unofficial it actually is.
>>
>>14101314
are you retarded?
>>
>>14101323
>ask simple question
>get response that clearly didn't understand the question
>elaborate on question and reason for asking
>get response that shows no evidence of comprehension of the question
Yes, anon, I am retarded.
I am retarded for expecting you to give an informative reply, or at least an "I don't know" if you're unable to simply leave the question for someone else to answer.
>>
>>14101360
>discussion on particular image
>retards say it's from the game manual
>it's not
>BUT IS THE MANUAL OFFICIAL!!?!?!?!??!?!?? WHO CARES ABOUT THE IMAGE
are you retarded?
>>
maybe it would help if somebody explained which game the manual is for
>>
>>14098539
> The timelines flat don't fit together in any clean way, you should figure this out in about five minutes. Arguing about it is just silly.

That's actually why people hold onto that image. People who push it as official do so because it shows that although every show is connected to Turn-A, they aren't connected to each other in any kind of linear timeline.
>>
>>14101377
Pretty sure it's G-Gen Spirits.
But no one actually *knows* if it's from the game manual, a guide book, or a magazine article (all three have been stated in this thread).
>>14101363
>retarded
>retarded
>retarded
Thank you for your verbose and illustrative comments, anon. They've shed a great deal of light on the subject at hand, particularly in regards to whether or not Sunrise oversees the content of all Gundam video game manuals (not just the one that might, possibly, contain the image in question). I look forward to your next intellectual diatribe.
>>
>>14101400
>wahhhhhh manuals
are you retarded?
>>
I still think, IF they are on one timeline, X-G-AGE-IBO fits pretty damn well based on the condition of the Earth and the reference to 1v1 duels in IBO.

00- Great Disaster-UC-Greater Disaster-Wing-X-G-AGE-IBO would be my timeline guess
>>
File: 1448468450390.jpg (25KB, 281x246px) Image search: [Google]
1448468450390.jpg
25KB, 281x246px
>Muh lore
>Muh timelines
>Muh canon
Why are us gaijins so obsessed with them while the Japs are fine with whatever works?
>>
>>14101594
Most Western people don't care about this either. And you're just wrong if you think that no Japanese fans talk about timeline stuff after Turn-A. There's a reason someone made that timeline in the first place, whatever was its source.
>>
>>14101461
>Wing before X

Breh.
>>
>>14101400
Not him, but you should've said lackadaisical instead of verbose.
>>
>>14101746
I was being facetious, anon.
>>14101594
This thread isn't about what happened between the eras, or how the universes ostensibly merged together. This thread is about where exactly that chart came from and why it should not be considered a canon source regarding timeline lore. This is an effort to debunk a cornerstone of the arguments you are complaining about.

But to more directly answer your question:
I believe it has a lot to do with the fact that the source material is more readily available to the Japanese and that US fans have a far less clear picture of what is and isn't official information. When you have three different explanations for something and no way to verify any of them, debate over their veracity ensues. Since no side is able to clearly prove their headcanon, the argument never ends. But in this case one side *is* able to show a clear statement in official information (the MG Turn X manual) while the other side is based wholly on unofficial information. The problem is that to "us gaijins" both sources are equally obscure where the difference is obvious to the japanese.
>>
>>14098033
Robotech saga not leading into the Star Wars saga
Fake and gay
>>
>>14101990
>I was being facetious, anon.
I know, but I don't think he picked up on it.
>>
>>14098564
It would be easier if they just had the TV, Movie, Origin and Thunderbolt timeline. Instead he's got random crap like universe jumping and creating separate timelines for everything.
>>
>>14102268
It would be easier for everyone if you never discussed your poor understanding of canon on this board.
>>
>>14102291
Stop replying then, you dolt. It'll just encourage the retard to post more.
>>
File: true timeline.png (1MB, 1744x1490px) Image search: [Google]
true timeline.png
1MB, 1744x1490px
>>14098033
actually
>>
File: real true timeline.png (1MB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
real true timeline.png
1MB, 1800x1800px
>>14105414
but in truth
>>
>>14105414
>>14105487
Star Wars needs to come after Robotech and through it the Quentin Tarantino Universe and Back to Future Universe are united with the rest.
>>
>>14105498
>long long time ago
>>
>>14105504
You're right Star wars should be the start
>>
>>14105514
With Back to the Future looping around to it.
>>
>>14105487
>Inglorious Basterds connecting to Pacific Rim
How much do I have to fork over?
>>
>>14105537
>We're gonna be dropped into Earth, dressed as aliens. An' once we're in enemy territor', as a building-topplin' kaiju, we're gonna be doin' one thang and one thang only... killin' Jaegers.
>>
File: hGoswhc.jpg (253KB, 632x483px) Image search: [Google]
hGoswhc.jpg
253KB, 632x483px
>>14105487
>>
>>14101377
>>14101400
It's not from a game manual, it's an article from Newtype Magazine titled "Memories of Gundam Century", a neat little nod to the technical book "Gundam Century" published in 1981 by the main MSG script writers Ken'ichi Matsuzaki and Hiroyuki Hoshiyama with lots of drawings by the individuals that would become Studio Nue, aka Kawamori, Miyataka, etc.. "Gundam Century" was originally a book that laid out the UC timeline and fictional technological evolution. There is a page in Gundam Century that has a similar appearance to this timeline.
>>
>>14098564
>no mention of AGLS
its trash
>>
File: 1396256890194.png (124KB, 375x442px) Image search: [Google]
1396256890194.png
124KB, 375x442px
>Giving a shit about anything other than U.C. timeline and whether or not Gaia Gear is canon.

C'mon guys.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.